Summer's Advance 2011

MaveriK

i, Chef Wulfen here by oath to have my Wulfric the wolf sage rune priest paint by August 25 2011.

Isn't the deadline on the 1st of August?

i just read that again my bad. but ill try and get it done before it and get it up.

I don't know it it is intentional or not Mav, but I am on the list on page one twice. I plan on painting the WG, the WP, and Arjac indeed. Just thought I would bring it up. In fact here is a sneak peek!!

From Left to right: Wolf Priest, Arjac, 3 Wolf Guard with Storm Bolter and Power Sword, Wolf Guard with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield. Foreground is my nearly completed Wolf Guard with Storm Bolter and Power Sword.

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Khyron666/Kyles%20Warhammer%2040K/DSC02673.jpg

Looks like the first stock WG is hiding!! He can face down a gibbering spawn of chaos, but he's a little camera shy I guess!!

End of Line

I don't know it it is intentional or not Mav, but I am on the list on page one twice. I plan on painting the WG, the WP, and Arjac indeed. Just thought I would bring it up.

:angry: dang! my bad :woot:

I'm still waiting for my models to arrive, so making this oath now may be a bit... premature. Apparently shipping from the UK to India isn't the fastest.

In light of this, I'll keep it simple. If they get here sooner than later, perhaps I'll add to it.

I solemnly vow to build and paint my Logan Grimnar conversion by the First of August, in the year Two Thousand Eleven.

Breaking this oath will cast upon me the pall of shame, may my Wolf Guard melt in the hot Indian sun.

I lol'd. Not sure how an Arizona sun compares, but I think I feel your pain.

Actually I can't complain right now, temp here doesn't go above 86 F at its highest (monsoon season is my favourite season) but in the hot months 105 F is normal. Either way I doubt my plastics would hold up well.

Hopefully GW gets my box here in the next week so I don't have to tempt fate!

Liking the scouts btw, very clean.

I'm gona say the claws are the zombie sythe. Cos I used one to do a similar thing.

Exactly right. Ale to you!

The hand on the Ven Dread has three small skulls on the knuckles. Cut them out with a hobby knife and the blades from the scythes fits right in. Nice thing is the top of the scythes look like bolt heads and give it a nice touch.

Here seems to be many cool conversions and some neat paint job. Great work fellas and keep it up.

Just a quick question Wulfebane how did you do that mohawk? I might be interested to do similiar to one of my scouts if don't mind?

WIP Bjorn the Fell-Handed:

Gotta love the Ven Dread model. Lets me sett up Bjorn with both Plasma Cannon and Assault Cannon arms with out magnets. :D

Without having it godmode converted, like in Iacton Qruze's version, this Bjorn is :P sweet! Where are those claws from?

/mutters about needing to go out and buy a ven. dread.

godmode... I like that. :cuss The thing I love about Bjorn, is anyone can model him however they want. I'm glad he hasn't had a new official model since 2nd edition, and he can be whatever, because you cant tell me his sarcophagus hasn't ever changed in 10000 years... Man, I typo'd words and replaced them with "cake" like 5 times in there. I know what I'm eating today. ^_^

Also, my WIP, straight off the converting table.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/6/18/236537_sm-Njal,%20Rune%20Priest,%20Runic%20Armor,%20Stormcaller.jpg

@akutat: I usually avoid beaky helms for not feeling feral enough, but somehow with the torso/legs you put him on, that model looks pretty sweet! Think I'll try it out.

@Iacton Qruze: Damn you! I was thinking of converting the rune priest into doing something like that! You stole my idea! It's ok though.. I'd planned to put the staff in the other hand. :P

Nice work to the both of you.

Okay you crazy internet people.. i want a fun little wolf tooth badge too damn it!

So i suppose i can- I mean RAAAGH! I vow to finish up my 11 Wulfen models, 8 are act as scouts, 3 are MotW for their respective GH packs. BLAHGHGHGHA *runs off, foaming, a little.*

Did i do it right?

Archived