Something New...ish - Flesh Eaters WiP

I must first mention that it was and has been all of you who have inspired me!!

Thankyou all for the kind comments! :D I'm pleased you like my conversions, these comments certainly drive me to complete more :D

@Midnight Runner: I actually was very inspired by the way you do all your marines! I had a look at them a little while ago when I was feeling unmotivated and your work gave me allot of drive to continue my army :) so I must say thanks and thanks for your comment...

In relation to the original FE and Desmodus' FE; I have a little trick up my sleeve - I plan to combine the two! I think both the Rogue Trader and Desmodus' FE are such great works that either one cannot be put aside...I am in the process of writing some fluff for my own unique FE and reasons why they weren't

pg54 of C:BA, 'fatally undone by their geneseed'
Of course I will post the fluff here...

For now lets just say that there will be a return to the original red armour but there will be 'remembrance' armour - the new recruits must always remember what can happen if their thirst and rage isn't kept under control. The new recruits are also the most likely to be inducted into the Death Company so wear mostly black armour, they haven't earned the right to wear completely red!!

Now, the reason behind my FE not being totally destroyed by themselves is due to Voivod(or Captain) Velocis and his 3rd Company** being sent by the former Chapter Master Carnagus on a great voyage across the stars to a small planet in the Uhulis Sector.

Brother Bekr also plays a part in maintaining the physical and mental health of the 3rd Company...

More soon! :)

Yours in Honour, Faith and Blood,

Chaplain Hitraud

**NB the 3rd company is now known as Velocis' Grand Company as they are supposedly all that remain!**

I couldn't get to sleep. So I decided to write some Fluff mainly about Voivod Velocis but featuring some other characters :HQ:

Keep in mind this is the first time I have ever wrote anything about 40K and is truely a WiP; if anything is amiss, please let me know!

I wanted to keep the writing simple with not much detail, more like a sequence of events - I'm not writing a novel....yet :D

Hope you all enjoy.

[EDIT] I just realised that some of you may not know what I'm talking about in the first story! That's what happens when you use an excerpt...Anyways if any of you want to know about the 'Red Strife' or just learn about some Flesh Eaters History the link is www.flesheaters.net it's under the section under 'Flesh Eaters' marked 'History' of course, this is Chaplain Desmodus' work and I love it so much that I am trying to incorporate this history into my own Flesh Eaters...

+++++

Velocis was not always the Captain(or Voivod) of the 3rd.

It was during the Red Strife that he assumed command after the former Captain, Voivod Agrestis succumbed to the Black Rage and slew his very own Honour Guard with but his bare hands before charging headfirst into battle with the Chaos tainted 5th Company.

Where Agrestis walked death and mayhem ensued, fighting friend and foe alike while he carved a bloody path to the 5th Chapter’s Fortress Monastery.

Without a leader and the majority of their Brothers dead, the 3rd Company were in dismay, becoming increasingly disorientated. Squads started to become disorganised, losing each other in the chaos. Inevitably, the 3rd began to be overwhelmed by the Khorne Bezerkers and the Chaotic 5th Compay Marines. On the brink of being defeated and running low on ammo, Veteran Sergeant Velocis ignited his Jump Pack and surged into the night sky tearing a Bezerker limb from limb with his bare gauntlets. It is said that at that point, the battle field was illuminated with the glory of the Emperor. In awe of ‘his’ presence, the chaos marines were temporarily blinded, giving the loyal marines just enough time to brutally bludgeon their way with chainsword and fist to Velocis. Upon doing so, they formed a battle squad of the remaining marines and taking Velocis’ lead, commenced a slaughter of the remaining Chaos Marines. For every Flesh Eater that was killed, 10 Chaos marines were torn limb from limb…

By the time Velocis and the 3rd had reunited with the rest of the Flesh Eaters, the battle had ceased, Carnagus had ripped apart the leader of the 5th Company, Voivod Nestor, in single combat.

No more than 10 marines from the 3rd remained.

+++++

The Cleansing

After many months of cleansing and reorganising, it became apparent that some renegade Marines were hiding in one of the dense forests of Karpathos. The cleansing squads that ventured into this forest never returned.

Fearing that there may be a small renegade army, Carnagus dispatched the entire 2nd Company accompanied by Sanguinary Priest Bekr, to root out the problem. Carnagus also asked the newly appointed Voivod Velocis and the squad from the 3rd to partake in the hunt.

3rd Company was but a squad, so why had Carnagus sent them along. They were master hunters; and they all sensed something was aloof. But they were also loyal to their Chapter Master and trust in his judgement.

For many hours they followed the tell-tale signs of skirmishes and dried blood all the way to what looked like a small clearing. What they found confused them all, the ground was littered with bones and armour from both Chaos and loyalist marines. Seemingly out of nowhere two well placed bolt rounds felled as many Marines, rounds were fired at a red shadow that danced amongst the trees. Not one marine could get a lock on the target that seemed to be moving with unnerving speed.

Had they walked right into a trap!? Surely nothing natural was this fast.

There was a sudden eerie calm that seemed like forever…

Suddenly, Brothers from the Tactical squad fell to their knees clutching their throats, crimson pouring down their chestplates, the few remaining opened fire but it was seconds before they too were silenced. It was only then when the Red figure paused to feed that the rest of the marines realised what it was, who he was.

Tears streamed down Velocis’ face as he looked around and saw the horrified looks on his fellow Flesh Eaters. The red figure was none other than a feral Voivod Agrestis, missing, presumed dead since he succumbed to the Black Rage.

Velocis heard the order for everyone to open fire come over the vox-comm.

Before any shot could be fired, Agrestis leapt upon Sanguinary Priest Bekr with a frenzy of animalistic attacks, Bekr was gifted in hand to hand combat but could not compete with Agrestis’ Verocity. Before Agrestis could completely overwhelm him, Velocis, being the closest, surged forward and tried to wrestle Agrestis off Bekr, seeing their Captain was clearly outmatched, the rest of the squad entered the fray and with the combined effort of all ten marines, Agrestis was subdued and secured.

Velocis pleaded that lethal force was no longer necessary and that instead, Agrestis should be put into stasis. The 2nd company ignored Velocis, angered that their brothers had died at the hands of the crazed Agrestis.

It was only when Sanguinary Priest Bekr stepped forward and agreed with Velocis that 2nd Company stood down..

The 2nd Company called for a single transport and red cloth for the fallen. To their aid came Caieha; one of the few Storm Ravens the Chapter had in service.

The dead tactical squad was gathered, ceremoniously wrapped with the red cloth and along with Velocis, Brother Bekr and Agrestis transported back to Carnagus’ Chapter Monastary.

Brother Bekr thanked Velocis before opening the Libris Mortis to record the days events…

+++++

Chaplain Hiltraud

Thankyou for the kind comment Andrew J, glad you like my Reclusiarch! And you can take any of my ideas! That's why they're here ;)

So, a really quick painting update here...

I tried some new techniques with this armour, I basically blended all the way up from mechrite red to red gore to blood red to 1/2 blood red, 1/2 blazing orange.

I think it took a little too long and definately needs a final highlight but it was fun to do! :D

gallery_55263_6239_3289883.jpg

And here's what happened when I had the flash on, thought it was cool:

gallery_55263_6239_1992567.jpg

(I can see I had the right idea with the technique :) )

Tell me what you think!

Now for the head...

Firstly, I am not that great at painting faces. With this face, seeing as it is a tribute model, I tried to tone down the ghastly-ness, but I instead ended up with a result that I quite like.

None of my flesh eaters are going to have pupils - I think it fits in with the Vampiric theme and it's quite convenient ;)

gallery_55263_6239_1596464.jpg

A little ghastly and sinister still but hey, I play Flesh Eaters! :HQ:

Chaplain Hiltraud

@Midnight Runner: I actually was very inspired by the way you do all your marines! I had a look at them a little while ago when I was feeling unmotivated and your work gave me allot of drive to continue my army :) so I must say thanks and thanks for your comment...

In relation to the original FE and Desmodus' FE; I have a little trick up my sleeve - I plan to combine the two! I think both the Rogue Trader and Desmodus' FE are such great works that either one cannot be put aside...I am in the process of writing some fluff for my own unique FE and reasons why they weren't

Thanks very much sir, very nice to know that my own work inspires :D Nice idea witht the varying schemes, and the ode to Desmodus.

Love the face, really suits the style you are going for, and the 'no pupil' rule defo works.

A nice red you have there too :) Hopefully with some weathering (sorry I'm a sucker for it!)

And finally, I like the fluff. It is fluff that brings an army to life and really adds a dimension to them. Bravo for the Vamps!

edit:poor spelling

Thankyou all again for the kind words...

@Midnight Runner: I'm really glad you liked the fluff, I'll keep putting more up here and hopefully refine and polish it into somewhat of a codex...As for the battle damage; I'm really keen to put some on all my models, I haven't really painted it that good in the past so I'll see how I go. I do quite like yours, not over done so I might go along the lines of that :)

@Brother Masariel: I originally wanted to go with the Scrouge wings, 2 reasons stopped me though - 1. I couldn't see any other bits in the box I wanted to use and at least with 'nids there is heads and what not that can be chopped up for basing! and 2. At the moment I simply can't afford them! :P

@Oliredan: Thanks, I was going for a rich red and I'm happy it turned out well...

Painting of Brother Bekr is on hold at the moment, my brushes are in terrible shape and I have to buy some more on the weekend!

Apart from that though, I have another little treat.

And this may sound like a load of :) but I just wanted to share it with you...

A while ago, a close friend told me this:

"You know, when you come up with an idea, it vibrates into the universe and anyone on the same wave length can pick it up"

I've always agreed with this and now I know this to be true...About a week or so ago, I tac'd up a Lemartes conversion, I was quite happy with it and put it aside. Today I saw Arne's counts as Astorath which is an AWESOME conversion.

And I think I might have been on the same wavelength at the time so check my Lemartes idea:

gallery_55263_6239_494979.jpg

gallery_55263_6239_1649214.jpg

This is his crozius :P

With other things, I have no hesitation in saying that I was inspired by other members but that freaked me out!!

Anyways, I need a name for my Lemartes, I wanted something that means "light in the darkness or something" I found 'Nour'alatmaa' Chaplain Nour'alatmaa.?

Chaplain Hiltraud

• 3 months later...

Hello all! It's been quite a while...

After a journey through the warp, I have a few things to offer you...I don't have a very good camera at the mo, these are all taken with my phone.

The completed Sanguinary High Priest Bekr: The tribute to BABE(Blood Angel Brother Edward)

gallery_55263_6239_626146.jpg

gallery_55263_6239_1375148.jpg

gallery_55263_6239_2440245.jpg

gallery_55263_6239_147903.jpg

gallery_55263_6239_198352.jpg

The Captain: I wanted a Captain that could count as a Regular Captain and for Dante as well. I still have a few touch ups to do on him.

gallery_55263_6239_2586381.jpg

gallery_55263_6239_13423.jpg

The Lemartes Conversion: I wanted him to look as though he is pouncing on his victim, ready for the slaughter. I also converted a holstered bolt pistol that loks big enough to be a bolt pistol!

gallery_55263_6239_1525495.jpg

The flow

gallery_55263_6239_219527.jpg

I wanted the head to look a bit batlike and sinister

gallery_55263_6239_1250741.jpg

gallery_55263_6239_247188.jpg

That's it for now, see you all again soon :P

Chaplain Hiltraud

I was wondering when you would update us!! Nice conversions you have going on there, the Captain/Dante combo especially menacing :cuss You do know you have done a very bad thing, Hiltraud, namely inspired me to change allegences from BA to FE. Causing me more work.......grumble....grumble. I'm still currently going over my basic troops, thought I'd get them out of the way before the fun stuff.

Anyways, get a move on with Lemmy and the Captain! Vampire ftw :lol:

The head for you counts as Lemmy looks very sinister. Love it! Im not so sure about the spikes coming from the neck piece of Captain/Dantes armour but again I like the head. Really like your red recipe as well. :) Look forward to more updates.

@Midnight Runner: Thanks brother. I'm glad that you have joined the eaters of flesh, I always thought you were on the path to becoming one of us! :) I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff...

@cathar the great: the right arm is only a smidge bigger than the left. It was a pain to do the arm and I'll most likely never do it that way again. In any case, the Captain is just a test run to see how the armour would turn out...

@Biohazard: All I have to say about the spikes is John Blanche, John Blanche, John Blanche. :D

@mikhail: Thankyou for the kind and encouraging words.

Yours in Honour, Faith and Blood

Chaplain Hiltraud

Lol cheers bro its a done deal, I have finished my first tac squad and have moved onto my RAS's I really should start off a WIP thread. I would be lying if I didn't blame Chaplain Desmodus as well. Anyways, enough of my dudes on here, more of yours please, the red thirst compels you......

hey,

first of all, I have to say, I am pretty stunned by the quality of work in this thread (especially all the fine hack and slash job on the metal parts, not an easy task for sure!). congratulations!

could you give me a run-through the metal components of your captain? the torso looks like corbulo's and I think the legs comes from a vanguard vet, but I am SO not sure!

and I am soooo stealing the power fist concept! the claws look simply amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So a guy walks into my shop and says "Hey man, what in the name of the Emperor happened to you?! 40K misses you..."

So I picked up my standard brush and got to work.

This is what happened...

Honour Guard Sanguinary Priest Viartore; Keeper of the Bone Chalice.

gallery_55263_6239_1507197.jpg

gallery_55263_6239_2302095.jpg

gallery_55263_6239_361107.jpg

Some of the weathering on the gold looks better in real life.

I've been away from the hobby for far to long!!

Chaplain Hiltraud

Archived