Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stormbird - Apoc/Heresy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

jaxjace

jaxjace

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 267 posts
Alright Chaps now ive always wondered what the Stormbird looks like, its big, its beefy, its shooty, and quite frankly it makes me giddy like a school girl.

This is clearly an Apocalypse style flyer but its heresy era tech, as far as i know no one uses or has access to anything like it, *coughmarinesmalevolentcough*

Posted Image

and it looks very official... but god where can we get something like that, forget Thunderhawks, this is oldschool.

and i was wondering if anything like this might come out in the fabled "summer of flyers"
QUOTE (voi shet magir @ Jun 19 2011, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love your threads jaxjace.

dswanick

dswanick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,188 posts
The picture is official GW, but the datasheet is not. Nor is the datasheet a very good one - A SH Flyer with Thunderhawk AV, 2 more Structure Points, twice the Transport Capacity, the same special rules, comparable weapons load-out (barring the big gun), and 25% lower points cost? The Large Target rule is interesting, but I thinnk the datasheet as a whole is under-costed.
QUOTE (Loki-LaughingDeath @ Feb 11 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love Tau in CC, it's like clubbing baby seals, only tau are neither cute nor fluffy or protected by the Maritime Mammal Act..... so it's perfectly legal and the Sierra Club ASPCA nuts won't come looking for you!

QUOTE (-Max- @ Aug 1 2011, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the regular Guardsman you've got Commissars holding guns to their backs. They're faithful in their own way, sometimes mightily so, but they are regular folks who've led regular lives, with the completely understandable desire to continue living that causes them to duck when they get shot at. Sisters are orphans raised in perpetual Sunday school, fanatical to the point that they look at Repentia and feel a twinge of jealousy that those girls will see the Emperor sooner than they will.

Koremu

Koremu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,999 posts
That datasheet is from Tempus Fugitives Horus Heresy Campaign
If your post is unreadably garbled, I will simply ignore it.
Just because it's on the internet doesn't excuse poor grammar, spelling and punctuation.
QUOTE (Warp Angel @ Aug 27 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Koremu is more eloquent than me and I agree wholeheartedly.
QUOTE (Lord Lee @ Jul 26 2010, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Koremu, you are a genius.
QUOTE (Ookami_81 @ Aug 24 2010, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys like Koremu, Warp Angel, Grey Mage, and others, should write the 6th edition BRB and the next C:SM !
QUOTE (Leonaides @ Jun 27 2012, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As usual, the answer is going to be 'use a vindicator'...

jaxjace

jaxjace

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 267 posts
aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnndddd where can we get one.

forgotten soul

forgotten soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,291 posts
they're updating their files if i recall correctly,
so at the moment, you can't really get it unless someone mails the old version to you xp

jaxjace

jaxjace

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 267 posts
theres an old version? can i get a link anyone? im big on dark age of technology stuff that we can use now.

voi shet magir

voi shet magir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 699 posts
GW released the stormraven because thunderhawks are too big for regular games. In their Black Library appearances, stormbirds carry one hundred marines. I think you need to invent a bigger game than apocalypse to fit one in. Epic, really.

jaxjace

jaxjace

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 267 posts
i dont think theyre to big, forge world makes em although we in this thread would have to pool to get one you still can!

and im not seeing much love for the stormraven, it dosent seem as, well COOL as a thunderhawk. and whats the point of downgrading? moar dakka!

anyone got any links to stormbirds?

Mikal Wolfheart

Mikal Wolfheart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,818 posts
Check out BulldogUK on here, he created the monster similiar to that one in the image.
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

Working with Resin

Chapter Master Ignis Domus

Chapter Master Ignis Domus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,761 posts

i dont think theyre to big, forge world makes em although we in this thread would have to pool to get one you still can!

and im not seeing much love for the stormraven, it dosent seem as, well COOL as a thunderhawk. and whats the point of downgrading? moar dakka!

anyone got any links to stormbirds?

I don't think Forge World makes Storm Birds. Only Thunderhawks.

Chapter Master Domus's Great Company- Pics and fluff for every model

QUOTE (shortysl @ Jul 2 2012, 03:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It makes sense to me that if the Tactical Marine intercepts the bullet with his face then the Captain really shouldn't lose his Iron Halo. Not unless Captain and Battle Brother were hugging at the time, in which case it's: bullet shorts out shield and then kills Marine. Captain looks on shocked as Marine slides down his body, then sinks to his knees shouting "nooooooooooo" with his hands in the air.

On vacation.

Myxx

Myxx

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 797 posts
I've been following BlackAdder's scratch-built (better-than-)ThunderHawk... If anyone can make an awe inspiring StormBird, I'd put my money on him...

jaxjace

jaxjace

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 267 posts
where can i get bulldogs image?