Silver Skulls: Gideon Battle Tanks

• 2 months later...

Well I have some updates.

1. Found out I am now allergic to superglue. Had a pretty bad reaction after spending a couple hours gluing some devastators. So now I will wear my mask when using glue.

2. Started assembling my Skyhammer devastators. I have enough tactical marines to build a marine for every weapon in the two boxes of Devs. The Grav cannons and heavy bolters will be part of the White Scar Skyhammer force, the plasma cannons will go to my Dark Swords (DA successors ) and the rest will supplement my Silver Skulls.

3. I added a big ass table to the hobby room for display and play testing purposes.

4. Realised I totally screwed up and based my devs before I washed them. So not sure how I am going to was them now without messing up the basing.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/13/785406_sm-Devastators%20Assembly.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/13/785407_sm-Devastators%20Assembly%202.jpg

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/13/785408_sm-New%20Hobby%20Table.jpg

The OSL looks good. I don't think it is too much, but I never figured that the cylindrical thingy at the back of the lascannon would glow. That threw me off a bit.

Did the one guy glue the instruction manual to his lascannon? ;)

Edited by Quixus

The OSL looks good. I don't think it is too much, but I never figured that the cylindrical thingy at the back of the lascannon would glow. That threw me off a bit.

Did the one guy glue the instruction manual to his lascannon? ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Well if you look at that bit on the back, it looks like there is a window or cylinder molded into it. At least thats what it looks like to me.

And hey, you never know when you might forget the arming incantations.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Still working. First real attempt at robes. Not sure if I should do more shading or more extreme highlight. I am terrified of ruining them. FYI the brown shading on the robes is darker in person than the photo shows.

Also I hate edge highlights as I can never do them well. So an army of black armor really sucks.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/10/30/835841-Dark%20Angels%2C%20Dark%20Vengeance%2C%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Work%20In%20Progress.jpg

Edited by SickSix

• 2 years later...

So a recent Armeggedon Apocalypse game motivated me to assemble and start painting my IG Army. Eisenkern Infantry and OOP Mad Robot Gideon tanks.

I only manage to get the base coats down as I procrastinated pretty bad. But still working on them. Got an spray booth as seen in picture and a new compressor with built in tank. So Hopefully going to keep chugging and finish a lot of dusty projects.

1016517_sm-Gideon%2C%20Mad%20Robot%2C%20

Pen wash done on first tank. With all the detail it takes a while. Also washed 20 more infantry guys.

All the details may take a while, but they look great! I like the gothic-ness of the small arches on the tank - is it going to be a plain Leman Russ or will it have one of the fancier cannons like a Vanquisher battle cannon or the nova cannon? I also really like your infantry guys!

Have you considered going back to the black and yellow Marines with Contrast paints to see if that helps with the black armor + edge highlighting issue?

Pen wash done on first tank. With all the detail it takes a while. Also washed 20 more infantry guys.

All the details may take a while, but they look great! I like the gothic-ness of the small arches on the tank - is it going to be a plain Leman Russ or will it have one of the fancier cannons like a Vanquisher battle cannon or the nova cannon? I also really like your infantry guys!

Have you considered going back to the black and yellow Marines with Contrast paints to see if that helps with the black armor + edge highlighting issue?

The weapons on the tanks will be magnetized (hopefully) because I have a battle/vanquisher cannon, demolisher and punisher gatling for each.

My Dark Swords honestly just need the detail work done. It was never meant to be a big army so I have pretty much base coated all if it. But no, IF I try contrast it will be on my Nid army sometime down the road.

Edited by SickSix