Silver Skulls: Gideon Battle Tanks

Looking for input on how much metallic detail to do. Wanting to keep it minimal but wondering about the vents on top of hull... Should I do them metallic or just weather/chip them good? (Haven't got to tracks yet, they will be heavily weathered metal) Any Constructive Criticism welcome at this stage.

1017375_sm-Gideon%2C%20Mad%20Robot%2C%20

1017374_sm-Gideon%2C%20Mad%20Robot%2C%20

• 2 weeks later...

NOT 100% satisfied with the result but overall I think they look better. I haven't quite mastered the sponge. I am wondering if I should go back in with some metallic in the center of some of the bigger splotches...

(click images for full size photos hosted on dakka to see the detail)

1018613_sm-Gideon%2C%20Mad%20Robot%2C%20

1018614_sm-Gideon%2C%20Mad%20Robot%2C%20

Edited by SickSix

The chipping looks good to me, Six! If you go back in with a dark metallic, I would only hit those spots you really want to look like gouges to the metal, and only do a minimal few of them.

One thing you might consider - increase the chipping around the hatches more, and anywhere there's an access ladder or other component to be opened.

I didn't get to comment, the vents on the top remaining the paint color looks better than it would metallic, IMO.

So my plan is to responge or do chipping with a brush over the decals to blend them back in. Right now the only decals I'm waiting on are some 1/48 Tiger II decals to get the Iron Crosses. The crosses will go on the front-right side of the turrets.

Basically got all three to the same stage tonight.

1019256-Gideon%2C%20Mad%20Robot%2C%20Tan

Love those tank models, and you’re doing a great job with them. Are you going to chip/weather them more heavily at the same time as you weather the decals?

EDIT: just saw them on a desktop, was on mobile before and couldnt see the weathering. Looking great!

Edited by Naryn