Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

500 point grey knight army first ever army

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

UnbreakablePirate

UnbreakablePirate

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts
Greetings everyone I am just about to get into the hobby and I have picked the grey knights to be my army. I am trying to put together a decent 500 point army. I currently have purchased two grey knight squad packs and a single terminator squad pack. Along with the codex of course.

After scouring the web I managed to find a list that I could make with the models I have in my possession. Keep in mind I plan to proxy some of my units with the extra terminators I have. So right now the list is looking like this.

HQ:
Brother Captain(proxy) – 150 points

Elites:
1 man squad Paladins – 55 points
- halberd
1 man squad Paladins – 55 points
- halberd

Troops:
5 man Strike Squad(1 man proxy) – 120 points
- daemon hammer
- psycannon
5 man Strike Squad(1 man proxy) – 120 points
- daemon hammer
- psycannon

Total - 500 points

This list will probably only start out by fighting the orks and space marines from assault on black reach. It will also fight a very experienced tau player so I have no clue what his list could contain but I am fine with losing to someone like that. My friends and I have decided to slowly expand these lists by about 250 points each long break from school. So that is something to keep in mine as well. A thanks to Carrelio from secondsphere.org for this list.

So any comments or critiques would be fantastic

thade

thade

++ VELOX CLAMATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,679 posts
At 500 points this list looks like fun. I'd down the BroCap to an Inquisitor and give one (or both) of the Paladins Psycannons. Also, I wouldn't put the Daemonhammers on the Justicars. <3 Welcome to the game!
QUOTE. In the book called "Core Rules". Page 14. Top Left Inset. In the chapter called "General Principles."
"Your responsibility isn't just to follow the rules, it's also to add your own ideas, drama and creativity to the game. Much of the appeal of this game lies in the freedom and open-endedness that this allows; it is in the spirit that the rules have been written."

QUOTE. Silent Requiem
"About my list; it is weak. But it fits me, and that counts for a lot more than any amount of mathammer."

Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,291 posts

At 500 points this list looks like fun. I'd down the BroCap to an Inquisitor and give one (or both) of the Paladins Psycannons. Also, I wouldn't put the Daemonhammers on the Justicars. <3 Welcome to the game!

Paladins can't take psycannons until they're in 5-man squads or larger.

That said, I agree with toning the Bro-Cap down to an Inquisitor, though after that I would suggest dropping the Paladins and putting a few more models on the table.
Current Projects:

Codex: Order of the Faithful Blade
Final Version posted (save for minor tweaks)
Index Astartes & Codex: Errant Falcons
Still in Development

The Inquisition Project
Because nobody expects the God-Emperor's Inquisition!

thade

thade

++ VELOX CLAMATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,679 posts

Paladins can't take psycannons until they're in 5-man squads or larger.

Ah, that is true; I'd forgotten.

In that case, I agree with Chengar. <3
QUOTE. In the book called "Core Rules". Page 14. Top Left Inset. In the chapter called "General Principles."
"Your responsibility isn't just to follow the rules, it's also to add your own ideas, drama and creativity to the game. Much of the appeal of this game lies in the freedom and open-endedness that this allows; it is in the spirit that the rules have been written."

QUOTE. Silent Requiem
"About my list; it is weak. But it fits me, and that counts for a lot more than any amount of mathammer."

Elric the Silvercoat

Elric the Silvercoat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,120 posts
What are you proxying in the 5 man Squads?
For you that like Dark Eldar aswell as Space Marines.
~ THE DARK CITY, A Dark Eldar Dedicated Forum
QUOTE (The Emperor's Champion @ Sep 12 2011, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chronus in a Land Raider just screams "SHOOT ME!", and it's stupid hard to kill. Chronus in a super hard to kill Land Raider with a huge cannon on the front is like stabbing your opponent in the eye with psychological warfare. It's like they pretty much CAN'T ignore it.
QUOTE (Brother Nihm @ Sep 26 2011, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Elric the Silvercoat @ Sep 26 2011, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it looks like we can convert people to the Loyalist side without trying. See other Chaos players! You are just practice. :P
We call it infiltrating the Loyalist camp. ;)

UnbreakablePirate

UnbreakablePirate

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts
@ Elric ya I have no idea why I thought I needed more guys I basically didn't count the justicar in the squad lol.

But thank you everyone for the advice I definitely want to include an inquisitor as well. Also if I was to change this to a 750 point list would a rhino or two make a huge difference?

thade

thade

++ VELOX CLAMATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,679 posts
Tactically, yes; Rhinos are great for mobility. If you're asking as a percentage of spent points, they're still a fine idea.

QUOTE. Silent Requiem

UnbreakablePirate

UnbreakablePirate

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 28 posts
sweet ty thade just wanted to make sure it wasn't a pitfall

Elric the Silvercoat

Elric the Silvercoat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,120 posts
Rhinos are good and even better when you put a 10 man Strike Squad with two psycannons. You will be able to use the two psycannons out of the top of the rhino without the squad being shot.
For you that like Dark Eldar aswell as Space Marines.
~ THE DARK CITY, A Dark Eldar Dedicated Forum
QUOTE (The Emperor's Champion @ Sep 12 2011, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chronus in a Land Raider just screams "SHOOT ME!", and it's stupid hard to kill. Chronus in a super hard to kill Land Raider with a huge cannon on the front is like stabbing your opponent in the eye with psychological warfare. It's like they pretty much CAN'T ignore it.
QUOTE (Brother Nihm @ Sep 26 2011, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Elric the Silvercoat @ Sep 26 2011, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it looks like we can convert people to the Loyalist side without trying. See other Chaos players! You are just practice. :P
We call it infiltrating the Loyalist camp. ;)