I was thinking of somehow making a mutation flaw with the Blood Dragons. What I was thinking is.. some how, some of the marines can spit fire.(Not to the high degree of a flamethrower for a mouth). But more like one could spit a fluid of highly flammable liquid at an enemy. Only few exhibit this trait and those that are inflicted with this mutation are grouped into members with similar flame projection ability.

Would this be to stupid? Or how would I create this lore to fit in with 40K. C&C needed.

I thought about the same thing but decided to ultimately ditch it :D. I still like the thought, and with the acid spit of regular marines, it wouldn't be too far fetched for that gland to have fire mutation. I say go for it.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to figure out how to explain the fire breathing ability. I like Messor's Idea of the pilot light incorporated into their suit ( plus it seems silly, and I like silly) . I'm going to do the flammable liquid spit theory. As its easier to cross explain from the poison acid gland they have all ready.

As per Nightrawen comment I'll attempt to cut down the usage of "blood", and "dragons" in the IA to make it easier to read.

But I will not take away the theme from this army no matter what. Yes it's very "gimmachy" and very over-done ( as I think I'm number 7, out of 10 just here on the B&C with that chapter name ). But the one thing that Warhammer 40k is never short of is gimmachy armies based on a theme, or other historical references.

the pilot light incorporated into their suit ( plus it seems silly, and I like silly) .

It was something that always appealed to me about the design of the Blood Angels and Space Wolves, the little talismans or capsules of blood they'd hang from their armor/bolters. Imagining a bunch of little unquenchable flames trailing after the Dragons seems really fitting.

Maybe they have a thing for fire - perhaps seeing it as an analogue for souls. That way, keeping a tiny flame in or on their PA can be somewhat justified.

the pilot light incorporated into their suit ( plus it seems silly, and I like silly) .

It was something that always appealed to me about the design of the Blood Angels and Space Wolves, the little talismans or capsules of blood they'd hang from their armor/bolters. Imagining a bunch of little unquenchable flames trailing after the Dragons seems really fitting.

I like both ideas thanks. I will commence the brain storming tonight.

Perhaps the spitting fire ability could be wargear developed by the chapter rather than a mutation? Helmets/death masks with small flamers built into them sort of like a mandiblaster meets hand flamer.

I was thinking about this last night, and I kinda like it.

I might still do the mutation flaw idea but with helms/ wargear etc, that can pierce into the gland and siphon the flammable liquid to aid in fire projection. Like Brother Cyrus stated a helmet or device that aids in the ability to not burn the hair off yer face. :furious:

And since I do have a background in Eldar. ( shocking) This mandible flame projector intrigues me. thanks Bro Cyrus.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I've re-vamped the original. I've taken out a lot of constant used words like "blood, and " dragon" per NightrawenII's request. I also wrote there flaw into the gene seed section. And I'm still trying to figure out how to get the topic on the sub boxes to be at the top ,and not the bottom.

Berien Directive a movement found in the epicenter of Ork Waags, and Eldar expansions...SNIP...Then the red warriors boarded their air ships and launched back into the sky said
to have traveled to cap of Herenruge were they protected Belenus and watched. –
Written by humble servitor to Aravold II lord baron
Berien

This is a caption, when you go to quote this, or edit, the bbcode tags for it are (captionright)(/captionright). What you need in order to put the title at the top are sidebar codes (rightsidebar=)(/rightsidebar) or left, as the case may be.

Berien

SNIP.

thanks Messor for showing me that.

All the boxes, and info should be good to go. Hope its lot better than before. Sorry if it's overly cheesy. But hey, I live near Wisconsin, and I do like cheese...

Edited by DeathKnight2000