=][= 2011 B&C Army Bag, Dice and Patches =][=

Been a bit of a hectic week. Busy time at work plus working the graveyard shift leaves me little time for much else.

But the dice/patch combos or just dice went out Monday (yesterday). Those in the USA should have theirs by Thursday. Those outside the USA I can't say when exactly you will get yours as customs offices can very in terms of holding time for items. I would guess for you to start looking for them 10 days from this past Monday so roughly around the 17th of Nov. would be the earliest I expect them to start showing up on door steps

I received my dice and dice bag today in the mail, and I must say I am very impressed with them. I ordered the ivory and red dice, and these will compliment my Deathwing army greatly. Thanks again for the putting all this together, and hopefully next year I'll have another army that needs dice.

I still say convincing everyone to start an ork army would be a great way to sell tons of green dice... ;)

Kurgan,

I also received my dice, bags, and patch this afternoon. The dice are great, and the other swag is quite nice. The bags are larger than I expected.

Again, thank you for your hard work in setting this up and making it happen!

Sincerely,

Chuck

I think James1 meant the army bags rather than the dice bags. :mellow:

They look good. I am working Mon-Sat for the next few weeks so my free time is a little limited but I'll try and get some pics Sunday for you.

I will say the new metal d-ring they used is matte black which is very nice. The black on black logo looks pretty sweet as well.

I think James1 meant the army bags rather than the dice bags. ;)

They look good. I am working Mon-Sat for the next few weeks so my free time is a little limited but I'll try and get some pics Sunday for you.

I will say the new metal d-ring they used is matte black which is very nice. The black on black logo looks pretty sweet as well.

Yes, I was referring to the new army bags. I've been putting my figures into new foam in preparation of receiving my bag.

The dice bags are nice, but I got mine last year (and it holds way more dice than I expected it would, still not quite filled it)

Hi Kurgan,

I just got my dice today, they look great but they are broken...

I rolled all 30 five times and only got eight 'sixes' in total. Surely a bad omen, oh well we'll see how they go in games :)

Cheers for the work you've put in.

Stobz

Finally got my dice and patch yesterday. Patch was way better then I ever expected! The dice were a bit different then past dice but I think in alot of ways they are much nicer. Im not entirely sure how to describe what I mean but they are just snazzy every which way.

10/10 Guys and thanks again to all the hard work that goes into this!

(Did I miss a link to the place you got the dice done? I do some custom ones for tournies on and off and would like to look into swapping to whoever made these)

OK USA based army bags went out today via FEDEX. I have PM'd everyone with their tracking #s. If you have questions please ask.

The non-USA bags will be going during this next week, hopefully with all bags being mailed by Saturday the 17th at the latest.

Ok all non-USA bags are out now except for SeekingOnes' bags. He'll be getting a PM from me on that today/tomorrow.

Now, normally airmail is 7-10 days to your local customs off. Once it reaches there and is passed off to the local carrier we have zero control on whether you get your bag or how long it takes.

Most folks should have their bags in 14-21 days. However, people in Canada and Sweden have experienced 30+ day waits thanks to their respective customs office.

Given the time of year it could be a few days longer, I just can't say.

If for whatever reason customs rejects your package (this has happened only once in all the years we have done this) the bag will be sent back to me and will have to resend it (fixing whatever reason they rejected it for of course). So that could extend your time as well and in the unlikely event this happens I will of course notify you so you know that the bag has been sent back.

Okay, I finally found the battery charger for my camera battery this morning. I charged the battery while I was at work and took some pictures of the bag and other goodies (while I was supposed to be cleaning in preparation for a visit from my mother-in-law - don't tell my wife :lol: ).

gallery_26_6764_334169.jpg
Here you can see both of my B&C army bags side by side. The black bag was the original version that was sold while the brown bag is the version we sold this year. They are comparable in size, though this year’s bag might be a fraction of an inch taller. The zipped pockets on the black bag, both on the narrow and wide sides, are slightly taller than those on this year’s bag. Ample rulebooks and other stuff fit in both, though, so this isn’t a problem (the brown one is bulging with various dice and other stuff). I don’t recall what color choices we had for the first bag. This year, though, I wanted to have a color that was different (helping me to differentiate between my army bags more easily) and which was also different from what I expected other players to have (allowing me to identify my bag more quickly).
[/clearfloat]

gallery_26_6764_65764.jpg
Here you can see both bags at a slight angle. The manufacturer reversed things a bit. On the black bag, the main compartment zips down the same side as the large pocket, whereas on the brown bag it zips to the opposite side. I think the change is an improvement. You can also see how the narrow side pockets and pen/pencil/measuring device storage slots have been reversed (that change doesn’t really have any effect, either negative or positive).

gallery_26_6764_347810.jpg
And here the bags are turned in the opposite direction. As you can see by comparing this image to the one above, the narrow side pockets on the new bags are slightly shorter than those on the old bags. They’re still tall enough to hold anything I might put in there (though I haven’t seen how they impact the long/tall Apocalypse template).

gallery_26_6764_94228.jpg
And here the bags are turned so that you can see the “back.” The old black bag has a pocket for slipping in army lists, player reference sheets, etc., though the new bag lacks that pocket. This isn’t really a problem, though, because those things can easily be placed in the large zip pocket on the other side.

gallery_26_6764_776260.jpg
Here’s the triangular strap ring on the old bag. Apparently some players experienced problems with these. I generally don’t use the shoulder strap, however, so I haven’t experienced these problems (yet).

gallery_26_6764_758381.jpg
And here is the “D” shaped ring that replaced the triangular ring.

gallery_26_6764_140058.jpg
Here you can see the main handle, which is two webbing handles that connect via a velcroed canvas piece, providing good grip.

gallery_26_6764_134908.jpg
Here you can see the padded shoulder strap. I’ve only used it a couple of times and it seemed both comfortable and durable.

gallery_26_6764_91333.jpg
And here is a close up of the embroidered Legio logo on the large side pocket.

gallery_26_6764_42736.jpg
Here you can see the main compartment fully unzipped and filled with foam trays. There is probably 1/4" of space at the top. From top to bottom the trays measure (not counting the bottom of each tray):
  • 2x 1 1/2"
  • 4x 2”
  • 2x 2 7/8”

So that’s plenty of space to customize what I carry (and I have plenty of other foam trays up on the shelf).

gallery_26_6764_491285.jpg
Now I’ve turned my black bag into my Space Hulk bag. Here you can see the main compartment with the side fully unzipped and all of the the trays I need for my Space Hulk stuff. The block at the top is just a foam spacer to keep the sides properly spaced and the top from crushing down (if something is placed on top). Everything that came in my 3rd edition Space Hulk game fits within.

gallery_26_6764_320502.jpg
And here is a top-down view of the Space Hulk stuff within the various trays. Something I need to do is add pictures or other indicators to the mini trays to help me replace the minis into their slots more quickly, and most of the minis in the taller tray (lower right) are actually much shorter than the tray. I haven’t suffered too much tile warpage, even here in humid Virginia (knock on wood), but I still want to add some desi-packs to the tile trays.

gallery_26_6764_277942.jpg
These are the dice we sold this year, along with the bag. The flash washed the picture out a bit – the red color of the pips is actually a bit deeper than it appears.

gallery_26_6764_56534.jpg
These are the dice and bags from our previous effort, with the matched sixes showing how the Legio logo was split (requiring members to buy an even number of dice). The red set is for my (planned) Exorcists army and the yellow set is for my (planned) Imperial Fists army (even the treasonous little turd that has jumped bags to join the Exorcists).

gallery_26_6764_108711.jpg
These are the first dice that we sold, stacked in front of their bag.

gallery_26_6764_4134.jpg
And here are examples of each years’ Bolter & Chainsword dice, showing the various B&C logos on the “six” faces. For those of you that are wondering, these are the dice that determine your fate in the Arena of Death competitions.

gallery_26_6764_77966.jpg
Here is a blurry picture ( :cuss ) of the B&C patches, old on the right and new on the left.

gallery_26_6764_277981.jpg
This last image isn’t B&C swag, but is something I bought personally. I had an embroidery shop create several button-on straps that identify the army in the bag. In theory, if Kurgan the Lurker brainwashes me into buying enough bags, I can simply attach the appropriate strap to each bag to quickly identify the army inside, allowing me to grab a bag and go if I’m in a hurry. That theory would probably work a lot better if I actually finished the various armies off, of course, but why bother with practicalities?[clearfloat]

All in all, another fine job by the various craftsmen/women involved in making the items and by Kurgan in making it all happen. :tu:

Archived