Kansas, USA

Warsmith Aznable

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Added the Geekery in Shawnee, Kansas as a good place to play 40k. I cannot say enough nice things about both the owner (swell guy) and their super nice tables and boxes full of themed terrain.

Removed Bulldogs Games & Comics in Baldwin, Kansas, as they have gone out of business. They seemed like nice people, but Baldwin is a small enough town that I wondered whether or not they had the community to support the store from the get go.

I checked out BOOM Comics on their website and on Facebook, but in their photos I didn't see that they had any tables or terrain, so I'm not adding them to the list at this time. I only want to add places that provide play space as part of their normal operation.

My name is Paul and I am a member of FRAG, which is the premier local wargaming group.  We're the people that put on yearly GT and the like in these parts.

Is FRAG still an active thing? I was not able to make it to Recruits this year and I was trying to find out what the results for the Midwest Massacre were. FrostReaver.net looks really inactive, and what I gathered from reading the forum is that it might not have even happened?

• 1 year later...

Manhattan: (If this is old news, please bypass.)

Boom! Comics has folded up and closed. And, of course, so has Game Hounds.

ATM, the only game in town (no pun intended) is Goblin Games on the West Side of Manhattan. I have been frequenting the store for supplies a lot, but have yet to get a game in. Is there anyone still around who wants to form a game day? They do have a decent tabletop play area in the back of the store, as the majority of playspace is given over to card games, but I've seen some people in action there, and know that someone is trying to organize Shadow War: Armageddon there.

Thoughts to my Manhattanites? (If any still exist) If none, willing to do a bit of travel to get a game in with some advanced notice!

Manhattan: (If this is old news, please bypass.)

Boom! Comics has folded up and closed. And, of course, so has Game Hounds.

ATM, the only game in town (no pun intended) is Goblin Games on the West Side of Manhattan. I have been frequenting the store for supplies a lot, but have yet to get a game in. Is there anyone still around who wants to form a game day? They do have a decent tabletop play area in the back of the store, as the majority of playspace is given over to card games, but I've seen some people in action there, and know that someone is trying to organize Shadow War: Armageddon there.

Thank you for the update, and I hope you find some people to play out there!

List updated with the provided information.

Also: Hometown Games in Lawrence, Kansas is closing down on 30 Jun 17. There is a place called Boom! Comics (I don't know if it's the same one from Manhattan or not) near 24th and Iowa that has some game stuff, but I don't know if they have any play space or a gaming community so they're not added until I can confirm more about them. They certainly have the floor space available if they want to pick up Hometown's business, but there's no telling what the gaming scene in Lawrence is going to look like at this point.

Edited by Warsmith Aznable

• 2 weeks later...