NomadPainting, happy to hear I’ve inspired you. :tu:

Gederas, no more pics of the crawler yet. I will be working on it very soon though so will get some more then. :tu:

Bjorn Firewalker, thank you very much

OSS, the Warglaives and Helverins are named after Megadeth tunes I just can’t remember which is which. I do have a list somewhere :D The grey models are the followers from the Dark Apostle kit, I really liked them and was pleasantly surprised when I realised the book the one with the mask on carries is a seperate piece. Means I don’t have to carve it off. I plan on getting another set of these probably. Not too sure the direction I’ll go with them but they’re awesome sculpts. The Helstalker tail is a really good shout. I’ll definitely look into that! :tu:

Triszin, thank you :tu:

OSS, Thanks bud, the second set of arms are attached to the torso, they act as supports for the wings on the Pteraxi I think. I was originally going to cut them off then decided to keep them and add extra tools etc. Most of the backpacks are modified with bits from the Dark Eldar Wracks although there are some Unmade and Ad Mech bits in there as well.

Sagentus, Thank you, I’m happy with how they’re coming along. Not 100% sure how I’m going to paint them yet but I’ll figure something out. Most likely a dark grey/black for armour and dark grimy metallics for the rest, possibly something like a rich red or something on the face plates to help them stand out.

• 1 month later...

So a lots happened irl since my last update so not had a whole lot of time for the hobby again. Best thing though is my second child a son was born.

Mechanist, fleshy daemons have never really been my thing but they will hopefully have some more pets at some point. I have plans to expand the Idolators a little more.

Pearson73, thanks bud. I will get the green stuffed and based when I can.

For now though I’ve been looking over my World Eaters and a small spark has been reignited in me to get them on the table soon. I have been toying with the idea of building a few kill teams of the other legions using the newer sculpts but I thought I would revisit the Terminator Bodyguard of Malek Deimos using the new termi sculpts. Loadout issues aside I think the kit is really nice and have wanted to get some for a while. There’s still a few details to be added to these but I wanted to make a little update here. There will eventually be 8 Terminators to protect Deimos.

FullSizeRender(1).jpg

001(45).jpg

All gaps will be filled with GS, I’ll work on Deimos and the Idolators at the same time. I always mix up too much putty so I find it best to have a few different projects to work on.

First, congrats on the newborn, my friend! That's awesome! ^_^

Secondly, I can't believe I hadn't seen those Idolators before. They look phenominal! Can't wait to see them done. They've got such a presence and sense of dread about them that I adore. Genuine props, my friend. I miiiiiight need to snag a few of those ideas for my Dark Mechanicum. :whistling:

The terminators, of course, are a stellar bunch. They'll look great with a bit of greenstuff and some paint. 

Many thanks folks. The little guy is leading us a merry dance just now so hobby time is very limited but I was sorting through a box that I thought was just junk bits and found this

FullSizeRender(7).jpg

I’d built most of him just after Betrayal at Calth was released but I was convinced I’d traded him along with the rest of the box. :shrug: Turns out I kept him and did a little more work on him. Plan is when I get a chance I’ll try to tidy up the conversion work, possibly replace the crest around his head and get him painted up.

Apologies for the sparse update but it’s all I have for now. :tu:

Edited by Biohazard

• 1 month later...

Hopefully this post works a little better. Still not a lot to show but I have started painting some Terminators so look out for them soon…ish

In the meantime here’s a couple of other projects. Some of them even have paint.

Inquisitor and Henchman. Still need to come up with a little backstory and names for these and I’ll probably add to her retinue when the mood takes me.

FullSizeRender(4).jpg

Genestealer Cult early WIP

D00DAB9E-9626-4ED7-A590-705FC01531E8.jpg

Patriarch and Nexos ( I think that’s what it’s called anyway) The Patriarchs pretty much done bar basing but the other guy needs a bit of work still.

FullSizeRender(3).jpg

Edited by Biohazard

The middle GSC pic is fine, but the other two PB links aren't working for me. Just routes to a "gib money" landing page unfortunately.

GSC looking good though. Need to go back to some variation killteam concepts at some point myself.

Edited by oldschoolsoviet

Badgersinhills, Nomad Painting, thanks a lot folks.

OSS, I thought that might be the case I don’t know what’s going on with it. I’ll try again from my laptop, these were uploaded from my phone. Thanks for the feedback bud.

*EDIT* I think I’ve fixed it. Hopefully.

Oh and here’s some really really rough in progress shots of my latest work. These need a lot of clean up still, the red and gold are only basecoated and washed at the moment. I wanted to try something a little different for me on the Raptors helmets to help them stand out a little so have gone for a dirty white, again it still needs a little work.

FullSizeRender(8).jpg

And the first 3 Terminators. I have a game tomorrow using both of these units and I tried to get them done quickly but I’m not happy with them yet. I think I’m better on focussing a couple of models at a time. 8 at once is too much when there’s this much trim etc on them.

FullSizeRender(5).jpg

Edited by Biohazard

Got the first 5 Raptors pretty much done apart from basing,

C3C8ED9D-66A9-4AF5-ADD5-6EB244A0FBE3.jpg

Same with the Dark Apostle, he just needs the snow effects added to his base and a couple of touch ups. The Dark Disciples need a couple details added then I can get them painted. Had fun with the Disciples in a game a few days ago. The Apostle ended up in combat with the Emperors Champion, he manage to strip a few wounds from the Champion before dying but his disciple held the champ for another 2 rounds, the Templar player fluffed everyone of his attacks :D

FullSizeRender(11).jpg

5464D94F-707A-4504-A3AB-27FA5411E227.jpg

I bought these 3d printed icons on eBay a few months back and pretty much forgot about them. Found them yesterday and thought I’d see how they would look on the rhinos. Really happy with them so will pick up a couple more for the rest of my rhinos.

FullSizeRender(9).jpg

FullSizeRender(10).jpg

I have worked a little more on the Terminators and Jump pack Lord so will hopefully update with them before Christmas all going well. :tu:

Congrats on the kid, hope you all are doing well, its a big change.

Genestealer patriarch looks amazing, love the execution of the spotted carapace. The yellow overall on that force is very striking.

Captors are looking good as well. Agree the khorne icons are a great fit for the Rhinos and l look forward to seeing them painted up.

• 2 months later...

So it’s been a while, my sons almost 6 months old now and we’re starting to settle into a routine with him and his older sister.

I’ve been slowly chipping away at different hobby projects when I can, the Genestealer Cults have been pushed to the back burner for now though. As to be honest, they’re too complicated. If they were my main army and I could get more regular games I might enjoy them more but as my time is limited these days, I just can’t. I might keep chipping away at them as I do love the models.

One thing that I have been building up is a project that I initially wanted to do years ago. Some may even remember my first tentative steps towards a Traitor Guard force. The idea this time was they could pull triple duty as Mercenaries rather than full on Renegades. This way I could ally them in with my World Eaters, they could be Brood Brothers for the Cult or they could be just regular Guard allies for the Flesh Tearers. As I say the Cult are on the back burner for now but I have put some troops together for the other 2 options. My main idea is to go infantry heavy with loads of troops and heavy weapons teams and only a few Leman Russ as support. Maybe a Valkyrie or 2 if the rumoured plastic Kasrkin comes to be. These will be an excercise in speed painting due to the amount of bodies I have ( I think I’m sitting around 100 troops) so using mainly Contrast paints I wanted to get something that would fit both forces.

0752D057-4B01-4AD9-9CDA-9E5F71399CBA.jpg

Heads and backpacks are 3d prints, legs are Catachan and the arms/torsos are Cadian.

I have also made a Chaotic Company Commander using a few Enforcer bits. My Mercenary Commander will be a Tank Commander probably.

B1BB6FBE-8575-413C-9AAF-DEBA1D5B2210.jpg

E35E270C-ABDD-4833-91FF-37FB38AE7FD3.jpg

He’s still in progress. But I have parts to make a few other characters in a similar style. I also have 30 of the old FW Renegades to build as well.

And although they won’t be full Renegades….yet…(who am I kidding they will be chaos eventually)

.I couldn’t help myself from making a themed Objective marker for them. With plans to make a few more.

F88E2603-753F-4907-BA63-25996CF7CE65.jpg

F48A2672-1F67-463A-BD4B-A23A99ECDD21.jpg

Lately as well I took part in a group challenge with Iron Daemonforge, SystemSyn, Midnightmare and OneofManyXX over on Instagram to build and paint the new Warpsmith model by a set date. I left it until the very last minute as usual so only had one night really to paint him so I rushed a bit. He still looks ok but I plan to swap his head out in the future as that’s the bit that bugs me the most. He probably won’t even see play on the tabletop but he’s a cool model regardless.

IMG_1554.JPG

I did achieve one hobby goal with this challenge though.

FullSizeRender(18).jpg

We all got a shout out on Hobby Roundup. By Wade (Teethgrinder) Pryce no less. Was awesome to hear him pick up on the smaller more subtle conversions I had made. It’s no secret I’ve been a fan of his work for years.

Another hobby collab between myself and Midnightmare, I sent him a Flesh Eaters Chaplain,

FullSizeRender(15).jpg

and he sent me an awesome Icon Bearer for my Terminators Squad. I’ve been struggling for time lately but managed to put some paint on him yesterday. I’m really happy with how he’s turned out and super grateful to Midnight for sending me the model.

29DF9CBC-FA2C-48F0-94A5-0F455DBF7E8E.jpg

5EF24E45-E97F-4D28-9B3F-38C8A2F57318.jpg

B539C905-3C13-4825-8263-51B3ED0A02B7.jpg

68359DE5-59C1-4CD4-8A30-7A4D5A1A57BB.jpg

I’ve made the decision to go a different direction with the bases of my army so this guy was the first test. I’ve ran out of the crushed glass from Secret Weapon that I’ve been using so just looking for an more accessible method. It will take time but it will be worth it.