Thanks guys, I’m really happy with them. The GS Work Syn did just really finished them off. Especially the Champion I think. Speaking of which his helmet is from a Finecast Legion is the Damned Sgt I’m sure. I’ve had the head for a while and it fit the FW World Eater head perfectly I thought. :tu:

Thanks guys, I’m really happy with them. The GS Work Syn did just really finished them off. Especially the Champion I think. Speaking of which his helmet is from a Finecast Legion is the Damned Sgt I’m sure. I’ve had the head for a while and it fit the FW World Eater head perfectly I thought. :thumbsup:

Aye the GS work is top notch :). I new that head looked familiar and your'e right, it looks like a seamless fit on that FW Khorne helmet and a MASSIVE improvement on the stock Berzerker one.

Nemac

Thanks for the comments guy, I am definitely owe SystemSyn, he’s currently knocking it out the park with his GS Skills on some DV Terminators at the moment. :tu:

As for me, I’ll just leave this here.....;)

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/9CA58BE9-280B-4EB1-81E2-88C4FB8EBFF6_1.jpg

Augustus, not a bad guess but Jefftibbets is right :tu:

SystemSyn, ha I had actually forgotten I’d goven you those. :tu: and that is an incredible looking sword. Proving a bit of a pain to come up with something similar but retain enough detail to be interesting.

Krautscientist, I didn’t think I’d be able to get it past you. Good guess that man.

So I’ve returned to the Lord of the Red Sands after a conversation with Insane Psycopath. I realised I’d been fighting with getting a believable pose with the legs I’d cobbled together and it was actually counterproductive, enter a second Skarbrand model and things went a lot smoother.

I had planned on working in the greenstuff tonight but I’ve ended up just chilling out listening to the Skyrim soundtrack and adding little details here and there. None of which are final until I’ve finished the putty work but I’ve been keen to show my progress. His sword isn’t anywhere near done, I need to come up with a believable hilt. I’m going to look at incorporating the marauder banner somehow. Without the strange skull of course :tu:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/7489D996-3F6A-45F6-80F2-2B94182E239C.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/AE0B67F7-321C-46AC-97D2-4AAEB000B279.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/81F70D37-E6C7-42E2-9705-7309D5EAF845.jpg

I think Bobby G has lost this one

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/A6FDB31D-5BB4-498B-BE54-D9E5CEA91F37.jpg

Edited by Biohazard

Hushrong thanks bud :tu:

Pearson73, thanks, his base is about an inch high as well but I want him to be really imposing. His torso was a bit of a pain to get twisted the way I wanted but I’m happy with the pose so far.

Some of you might remember my previous version of him and notice some elements missing from this version ie the horns and tail etc Try as I might I just couldn’t get a tail that fit the bulk of the Bloodthirster and the horns just made his head far too busy looking after I’d added his collar and nails.

Quixus, yeah I feel that’s something I’m going to have to explain a lot :D He only carries the Black Blade for a relatively short period of history I think but I want to show him during the First War for Armageddon before those pesky meddling Grey Knights broke his toy :D

Mechanist, I have one of those tails, tried that a while back. The zombie dragon tail was the one I liked but like I say I couldn’t get it to work so have ditched the idea for now. I’m happy with how he looks now though. I’ve still to add quite a few details and trophies to him.

Apologist, thanks buddy, and yeah I’m already planning to add something similar to the classic model. :tu:

He only carries the Black Blade for a relatively short period of history I think but I want to show him during the First War for Armageddon before those pesky meddling Grey Knights broke his toy

he gets it during the HH doesn't he I'm sure betrayer hints strongly at it's creation. What millennium is the first war of Armageddon? also I always get a little confused about the manifestation of warp artifacts in the hands of daemons, I'm sure he can re-manifest it basically at will when he comes back anyway. 

First War for Armageddon's 444.M41, I'm fairly sure. As you say, it's all a bit wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey when Chaos is involved anyway. (Biohazard, if he's an historical Angron, you're more than free to join in the Alien Wars with him – that's set in M35. during the Nova Terra Interregnum. :))

Angron's looking absolutely fantastic, buddy -- but then, I really expected nothing less.

More than anything else, you have managed to come up with a really powerful pose for him! One of my few regrets about my own Angron model is that I didn't/couldn't use Skarbrand as a base, which makes seeing your version all the more glorious.

I do think he needs another "layer" of Butcher's Nails, though -- although I am pretty sure you're planning that anyway, right?

In any case, fantastic work! :)

Mechanist, I remember he gets the Black Blade from the Dark Mech not long after he ascends but can’t remember much of Betrayer to say if it’s mentioned in there. Really need to go back and read it again. And Apologist is right as far as I know it was 444.M41 the First War. Another book I want to read again is The Emperors Gift, it’s the Armageddon War from the point of view of the Grey Knights. Really enjoyable. Especially the bit where Angron slices through a load of the GK Terminators like fresh air. :)

Apologist, I might just do that, not sure what I need to do but will have a proper read through your thread when I can, I’m still tempted to build a squad of those classic Chaos Marines. Brother Skull especially ;)

Elduderino, thanks buddy.

Kraut, glad you like him, I’m happy with the way the Skarbrand legs have worked out as well, the torso took a bit of trimming and filling to have it twisted just so but I think it adds to the pose. Shows he has some momentum. And don’t worry there will be a few more Nails to come. ;) I may also borrow an idea from your own version as well. The use of the Warp Talon bits to create little mandibles is a really good trick and can help fill the gap the extended jaw has. :tu:

I remember he gets the Black Blade from the Dark Mech not long after he ascends but can’t remember much of Betrayer

I believe we see major hints at it's creation but don't get to see it being presented, I could be wrong though. 

The use of the Warp Talon bits to create little mandibles is a really good trick and can help fill the gap the extended jaw has

I'm lookingg forward to seeing this develop and the 'gaps' getting filled up.