Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World Eaters Warband

khorne worldeaters

• Please log in to reply
2418 replies to this topic

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,155 posts
  • Faction: Worldeaters
*EDIT* Due to a monumental foul up with Photobucket I have lost most of my pics. Apologies to those just reading this thread for the broken links. The pics here are pretty much all I have managed to save. sad.gif

Hi folks
A couple of years ago I decided to sell any 40k related items I owned as I just didn't have the time for the hobby anymore. Times have changed though I have now found myself with a bit more time on my hands so have started another little warband. Only have a few pics so far but let me know what you guys think. Please bear in mind that some of these are these are REALLY rough and the GStuffing isnt finished yet.

The Dread WIP
photo-1.jpg
1-1.jpg

Termis WIP
2538248c.jpg
b0a39071.jpg
d61b7dab.jpg
d7326c16.jpg
422df27c.jpg
619c74bc.jpg

Skull Champ/Zerkers WIP
BZ2.jpg
BZ.jpg
photo-42.jpg

Daemon Princes
DP1.jpg
DP3.jpg
DP6.jpg
DP7.jpg
DP9.jpg
0730cf1d.jpg
351ca102.jpg
2d0694ab.jpg

Edited by Brother Tyler, 13 June 2018 - 07:55 PM.
(Hidden/substituted) profanity removed

• Master Toddius, mithrilforge, zxyogi and 9 others like this

Mr.Malevolent

Mr.Malevolent

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,096 posts
Wow! I really like what your doing with these, especially since World Eaters were my first 40k army. Swapping face plates definitely gives the old Berzerker models a nice new look. Awesome job and cant wait to see more. I'll definitely be subscribing.

Check out my commission painting service at Malevolent Miniatures

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,850 posts
whoa this is some awesome stuff and i agree with mr. malevolent with the face plate swapping, cant wait to see more.

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

Terminatorinhell

Terminatorinhell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,370 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Guardians Night Lords
awesome stuff, I really like the dread and the last guy, he actually can do the bunny ears look well!

gallery_24779_1036_30733.jpg

The Emperor's Champion:
"Never forget, getting tackled by a charging Marine is a LOT like getting hit with a VW Beetle at 30+mph. A VW that hates you and everything you stand for..."

With a lonely whisper you hear him say, on this night you will die this way...

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,991 posts
  • Faction: III Legion
Wow! Great stuff. The Dread is looking awesome and the helmet conversion for the Skull Champion is masterful. The only thing that could possibly make these guys any cooler would be some WE FW bits ;)

Just out of interest which codex will you be using? I only ask because of the Dreads assault cannon.

Again awesome stuff. I can't wait to see more progress, very promising :P

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Machinepriest

Machinepriest

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 283 posts
  • Faction: Carcharodons
I really like where this is going :lol:
That Dread looks very cool. Good use of the Defiler facemask!
Out of curiosity, where did you get those resin looking skulls on the Dreadnought?

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,155 posts
Thanks for the replies guys. The assault cannon is just a placeholder at the moment. I have a twin linked heavy Bolter for it now. Also working on a lascannon as well. Im working on my version of Angron at the moment and will hopefully hav some more to show after the weekend. Thanks again for the support.

The skulls were from an eBay seller. They came in a bag of 15 for approx £2. iirc. At work just now I'll put a link up when I get home. :lol:

Looks like he has changed the skulls. these ones look a lot better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3a66de5750

Edited by Biohazard, 15 July 2011 - 06:09 AM.

72challenger

72challenger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 59 posts
very nice

Shotbreak

Shotbreak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts
  • Faction: Eclipse Templars
Seeing those guys with the face swaps seems to breathe new life into the 'zerkers, I swear I felt the call of Khorne...... It was EXQUISITE :evil: but I must keep such thoughts to myself lest I am overheard by the Emperors faithful. Great job so far, keep'em comin :tu: BLOOD FOR TH- "cough" nevermind..... ;)
If you do not trust someones advice, do not follow it. You do not need to rudely reply to peoples opinions if they are wrong or not to your preferences. Because we are all honorable, and armed with Holy Bolter and Chainsword, ready to reply to your unjust comments.

Bellum omnium contra omnes, aut vincere aut mori... (War of all against all, either to conquer or to die...)

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,155 posts
For those of you interested in the headswaps check out this site.
http://grandmasterwade.webs.com/

This man here is who inspired me to restart 40k.

Edited by Biohazard, 16 July 2011 - 12:01 PM.

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,155 posts
Due to 2 members of my family deciding June was the time to shuffle off their mortal coils I havent worked on these guys a lot lately. I did work on the Dreds power claw (heavily inspired by 1000heathens cheers buddy :( ) I also painted my first mini in over 15 years so he is understandably a bit rough but he was just a test for my red colour scheme.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

++ VETERANUS GRAVIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,326 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion
Great work on the berzerkers, brother. I'm really liking the use of the Ven. Dread kits too. Always happy to inspire others, lol! One thing though...did you attempt to paint red over a black basecoat? If so, I'd suggest switching to a different basecoat, maybe dhneb stone or another lighter color. That'd help you out tons and make your red much smoother. Looking forward to more, man!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,155 posts
Yeah the red was done rather quickly over a black basecoat. Ill have a go and try your suggestions. Thanks again.

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,991 posts
I find a couple of thinned down coats of Mechrite Red works just fine over a black undercoat (the same method i used on my Word Bearers). Then again 1000Heathens certainly knows what he is talking about. His marines a are exquisite.
I'm really loving the progress on the Dread! The Deaths Head mask and claw are such a sinister looking combination. The only thing i would suggest are a few more skulls and/or chains to add a little detail and flavour.

Great work and i hope we get to see some more soon... ;)

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,155 posts
Oh don't worry mate. There will be lot more detail on the dred just shortly ;) I have a load of Chaos Marines I bought on eBay for cutting up that I'll try a few different recipes on. Thanks for the support

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,919 posts
  • Faction: Summoners
Great job on that dreadnought. Some very subtle conversion work in places but it works really well.

Overall great looking army you have going here and some really nice conversion work on the beserkers. :tu:

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,991 posts

Oh don't worry mate. There will be lot more detail on the dred just shortly :D I have a load of Chaos Marines I bought on eBay for cutting up that I'll try a few different recipes on. Thanks for the support

I was sure there would be, just making certain :tu:
I'm looking forward to seeing your colour scheme experimentation.

Dark Scipio

Dark Scipio

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,261 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Very, very nice converions. Great warband.
Signature not compliant with forum rules
[url=http://vassal40k.wordpress.com/][img=http://vassal40k.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/banner3.jpg][/url]
[size=10][font=Impact]Completed Vows:[color=#FFFFFF][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/1234521588/gallery_30308_3239_102.gif][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/1234521588/gallery_30308_3239_102.gif][/color][/font][/size][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/style_images/BCBlack/folder_post_icons/icon12.gif][size=10][font=Impact]Failed Vows[/font][/size] [img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_5811/gallery_11456_5811_7180.jpg][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_5811/gallery_11456_5811_7180.jpg]

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,155 posts
Again thank you for the comments guys. Its just what I need to light a fire under my ass and get on with these. Plus its really awesome to see Kizzdougs, 1000heathens AND Doghouse replying to my thread as you guys are all inspirational to my stuff. Ill hopefully have a bit of an update on colour tests tommorrow as Im heading to my bed now as Ive been up since 1500hrs yesterday. (stoopid nightshift)

sword brethren

sword brethren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,999 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
looking good, i love the helmet conversions. the powerfist on the dread looks awesome as well.

gallery_11038_675_38.png

Call_of_Chaos_Badge_05.jpgCall_of_Chaos_Banner_03_Completion.jpg

Iron Warriors 11th Siege Company- http://www.bolterand...howtopic=236656

daemonclaw

daemonclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts
looking good ,though i would get rid of the purity seal in the early pics and pay special attention to mould lines as they are an eye magnet once a figure is painted

i am the itch in the roof of your mouth,i am the sting of the icecream headache. i am the chill down the nape of your neck and the breathing in the shadows. i am chaos
DAEMONWORKS
http://www.bolterand...ules-and-alphas

THE TRUE WORD
]http://www.bolterand...-the-true-word/[/url]

Tyrannicide

Tyrannicide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,857 posts
I really like how you've renovated the front of the Zerkers' helmets, it looks excellent.

+++The Host of Anguish+++

gallery_25301_10678_6786.jpg

+++In Memoriam: The Day the Palace Fell+++

+General Thread+ 

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,155 posts
Thanks for the replies guys.
The legs with the purity seal were just placeholders till I got more Berzerkers and the moldlines on the painted mini were because I did zero prep on him except prime him black. He was just to test my red. I have been taking a silly amount of time hunting for moldlines on my actual Zerkers and Terminators trying to make sure I get them all before I prime them.

Warmaster OzzY

Warmaster OzzY

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 42 posts
  • Faction: Skull Takers Khorne army
as a fellow devotee to the blood god mite i add they rock. loving the dread the bezerkers make mine look like wimps

IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM VIRUS BOMB THEM

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,155 posts
I started painting my first Berzerker this morning and will update with pics very soon. Changed the red colour and added a layer or two of Mechrite as suggested by Kizzdougs and have to say I really like the result.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: khorne, worldeaters

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users