Thanks a lot guys,

Midnight the claw is from the Prospero mk3 marines I’m sure, I’ve had it for ages but I’m sure that’s where it’s from. I still plan on getting another Talon just because I think it’ll look ridiculously killy :D

Kraut, his chest is definitely not finished yet, I really like the second version as well and he’s the only surviving model of the lot so far (still in my collection anyway). I need to tweak his pose a bit though so he’s more like the unpainted pic and I’ve thought of repainting him a couple of times but no idea when I’ll ever get around to it. Will probably be easier to rebuild him as he’s a fairly simple build. :D

This year I intend to come back to the fold and finally complete my Knights army as well as update some of my World Eater units. I have sold of any other projects I had such as the Black Legion and most of my Daemons as well mainly so I can regain some focus on the projects that are important to me

See that? Remember when I said that a few days ago? Well I got distracted again by a Badab War Kill Team thread :D

No updates on Deimos yet but getting his mask to line up and a couple other bits were really fiddly so I’ve really been enjoying the relative freedom of converting the Star Phantoms. Plus I’ve always loved the Badab War and this is the perfect excuse for a side project. A single squad and character and done. For now anyway. There is a dread planned as there always is.

I do plan on spending more time on Deimos tomorrow night though but don’t want to spam loads of updates with tiny changes so will probably hold off until I have something more to show. :tu:

Edited by Biohazard

• 1 year later...

So I’ve been gone for a while, truth be told I fell out of love with 40k for a bit, the game itself mostly but some of the newer lore post Fall of Cadia just really bugged me. I’ve still dabbled with a few projects alongside my Fantasy armies so thought I would show them here.

I am definitely working on things when I really want to and not because I feel I *have* to. Basically I dont want to burn myself out as I have done in the past.

Also want to say my World Eaters have mostly been mostly put to the side for now until we get the long rumoured Codex but I may still work on them at some point before that. Again it all depends on how the mood takes me.

Now that long spiel is over I’ll get to showing what I’ve been working on.

First up is actually a World Eater this was done at some point last year. I finally managed to grab a second claw for Malek Deimos so he’s been fully magnetised now. I have started the gap filling process on him but don’t have any pictures of that.

001(45).jpg

Also Angron is mostly finished painting, I need to smooth out his sword a little more, then I’ll finish painting the blade and base.

001(46).jpg

I’ve also worked on a Cawdor warband for Necromunda as well as a few terrain pieces or just general brainstorming models.

Redemption Denied led by Lord FlashHeart. All gangers are named after characters from The Young Ones, Bottom and Black Adder. Just because :)

001(2).JPG

Also put together a Redemptionist last year. Was a fairly quick build and still needs gap filling.

001(44).jpg

A random Bounty Hunter known only as ‘Dogg’

F105824B-5A5F-4624-AA17-214E64EE4CF6.jpg

Also a few different projects just as scatter terrain, or possible NPCs in a future campaign.

Random tractor type model

001(52).jpg

001(50).jpg

Truck for scatter terrain and possible use in the Caravan scenarios.

001(47).jpg

Also made a little Servitor heavily inspired by Gears of War and the J.A.C.K units in the game.

001(49).jpg

001(48).jpg

And finally the Enforcement Droid Designation-209 again was built as a possible Enforcers NPC, although a couple guys in my group have been looking at coming up with rules for it. It’s one of those models that just came together by complete accident, I just sat down at my desk one knight and a load of bits just seemed to ‘fit’

91E4F39C-E797-4A80-99EC-0ED5798AF8C6.jpg

76F5F05B-78DC-41F3-BD47-C36A53379C95.jpg

Apologies for the Double post but the main project I have been developing on and off is my Knights of House Baliol.

The very rough backstory I have for them is this.

Situated close to the Eye of Terror the Baliol system has been cut off from the Astronomican for millennia. Daemonic incursions are an almost daily occurrence and the systems leaders long ago began to worship the Pantheon and relish the challenge when they send their children forth to test them in holy battle.

With the rupture of the Cicatrix Maledictum the system has been freed from the Warp Storms and is able to push forward into real space.

The Knights are led by the High King Johan Von Baliol in his Knight Tyrant

001(36).jpg

001(35).jpg

His Steed ‘Snaggletooth’

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/n235/Stovie_2006/001(8).HEIC

His Harbinger Raubert Kar Baliol

001(34).jpg

His steed ‘Creeping Death’ is still early WIP, it will be armed with double Avenger Gatling cannons as well as the icarus cannon top mount.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/n235/Stovie_2006/001(10).HEIC

The renegade Dreadblade the Red Duke, Scourge of the Aquitaine sector has been completely stripped and I’m in the process of repositioning his knight the Northern Sword and then I’ll repaint them both.

001(32).jpg

Onto actual painted models, I recently finished up

Mistress of Executions Lady Dervor Von Baliol piloting ‘Hand of Blood’

001(29).jpg

001(30).jpg

001(25).jpg

001(24).jpg

001(26).jpg

001(28).jpg

A war dog that’s yet to be named, this is number 1 of 4 that I have built, it was painted last year and I’ve changed my basing scheme a little so this will be updated soon.

D2A175EF_15F8_46BD_9B3A_1A51447C4A6E_Ful

And for now this is another War Dog I made but it’s based on a small detail in the background of this artwork by GW, I still haven’t found out who the artist is to give proper credit.

001(1).JPG

001(20).jpg

001(16).jpg

001(63).jpg

001(64).jpg

001(65).jpg

Edited by Biohazard

Thanks folks theres a couple more pilots and knights to come.

I have a vox Servitor to walk alongside the Harbinger. What better way to announce the arrival of the High King?

001(31).jpg

Ive also been building a few cherubim style followers for the Court.

I don’t really have any pics of them yet

Another aspect that I’ve wanted to add to the Household was some of the Idolaters that are mentioned in the fluff, basically the Dark Mech version of the Sacristans. I originally collected a lot of skitarri bits but they just didn’t work for me. I wanted them to look suitably creepy and unnatural so I’ve used a base of Pteraxi Skystalkers. These are only at the proof of concept stage just now. I plan to repose most of them as the legs are in strange poses due to them being a flying unit but I liked the idea of them having the extra arms for carrying tools etc. I have a load of bits on the way from Dark Eldar Talos and Wracks to add some biomechanical claws etc to them. I probably won’t have any ranged weapons on this unit as they’re only a modelling project with no plans to use them in game unless GW decide to give us rules for Sacristans/Idolators at some point in the future.

001(66).jpg

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/n235/Stovie_2006/001(11)

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/n235/Stovie_2006/001(12)

And the Crawler that I made a start on last year. Again I have a lot of plans for this so it will probably change fairly dramatically from this base, I’ll keep the Shadowsword hull though.

001(9).jpg

Edited by Biohazard

DeadFingers :D This has been a labour of love over a few years now, I blame Andy Clark and his Kingsblade/Knightsblade novels. It’s been through reading them and seeing an example of how an Imperial Household runs that’s got my creative juices going. I think I’ve read both books and the accompanying short stories at least 4-5times now. I’ve been really enjoying working with the Sir Hektur kit and seeing how many ways I can change it to try and give each of the pilots a unique look. :tu:

The plans for the Crawler will hopefully (if I can get it to work out) have a small med bay somewhere on its hull as well as a few more servo arms and a second crane. I’m going to finally embrace plasticard and see what I can come up with while extending the hull and adding details to the Shadowsword

Ps, I’ve no idea why some of the images above are sharing as links. I’m not sure if it’s something I’m doing wrong?*

*(apart from still using Photobucket).

Paladin7221: Thanks for the welcome back :D I still have to paint the pilot for the fallen Warglaive, I’m still trying to decide on a head for him. I’d like something to show the Helm Mechanicum that the Armiger pilots wear. But it needs to be suitably chaotic. ;)

Bjorn: Thank you, as I say I have big plans for the Crawler. Just hoping I can get somewhat close to what I see in my head.

OSS: That’s some high praise indeed, thank you very much. I have a couple of squads of guardsmen and a few Sentinels that I plan on turning into the Gallowglass Mercenary company that follows the House around. I do plan on making some Household troops as well though. I have some Genestealer cultists but I’m not sure if that’s the look I’ll go with for the Household troops.

Also so this isn’t just a wall of text here’s a couple of pics of another upcoming project. Now this is going to be a properly SLOW burn, I just love the AT models and wanted to make a Banelord, ended up buying the Precept Maniple box as well though so I have a few Titans to work on but my main focus is the Knights of Baliol and another project that I’ve yet to show on here. I may have been away for a while but I’ve certainly not been idle.

001(39).jpg

001(38).jpg

001(68).jpg

001(69).jpg

001(70).jpg

001(37).jpg

The Warhound head conversion was borrowed from an insanely talented modeller over on Facebook/Instagram Jeremy McClung, definitely have a look for his work on the Adeptus Titanicus pages. :tu:

Not really got a plan for these although they’ll most likely be either Legio Fureans or Legio Vulpa, I’m still torn. I may look at picking up one of the starter sets and might make a maniple from both Legios……hmmm. Where’s that bank card…….

Edited by Biohazard

The Banelord tail is so cute !

It could be rocking an old-skool rack of missiles to really nail that look, but that's just my preference so don't fret. The volkite/plasma(?) is pretty nifty too, definitely harking back but with a modern twist.

Semper suggested I should do some AT at some point too, but I've such a pile of stuff even after the current army.

Bjorn Firewalker; thanks bud. Like I say I can’t take credit for the idea of using the Juggernaut jaws on there, that was Jeremy but I really like the look it gives them.

OSS, yeah the tails a little weedy just now, I’m still trying to find a suitable replacement. I’m sure I have one squirrelled away from an old Necrosphinx that might fit. With the missile rack I wanted to modernise it a little, I do plan on having the two back banners though like the old school model. :tu:

And if I’m completely honest, I haven’t got a clue what weapon that is, it’s the one that came with the power claw Warlord, I just wanted to chaos it up a little to count as the Banelords Hellfire cannon. The original description of the Hellfire it fires could work as some kind of plasma weapon though.

You should listen to Semper, the kits are really nice, the detail is stunning on them. :)

I have to second the back with a bang. I've just managed to work out how to do the pilots in cockpits and your showing us up with full models for them :biggrin.: .

The banelord posing is looking great very aggressive and bestial stance, good luck fining a good tail option. Not sure if bulking up with guitar wire would help on the model at that scale.

Alternatively you could try looking at plastic dino skeletons?

Ace work looking forward to see what's next.

Mechanist, thanks bud, I’m sure I have the tail from a necrosphinx in one of my boxes so I’ll have a hunt for that. Failing that I probably have a spare tail from one of the Abyssal Horror kits from AoS I have a couple options. Like I say though the Titans are a proper slow burn.

NomadPainting, thank you, he’s magnetised at the elbows so I can swap out his load outs as I see fit. I really like the look of the dual claws though and beside the sword and shield that he’s always had I think it’s my favourite look for him. I will get him painted, other things have my attention for now though.

Speaking of which I have a small update. The Fallen Knight is very nearly done, I just have a few small details I’ll need to go back and touch up or finish off but I’m really happy with how it’s turned out. It was a really simple and quick (lightning fast by my usual standard)) build and paint but I think it really sells the look I was going for with the pilot blowing his hatch off and making his last stand against and unknown enemy.

001(75).jpg

001(74).jpg

With that pretty much done I’ve been working on a couple more pilots, namely the Red Duke who isn’t far from finished and the Harbinger. I’ve also put together a few more hangers on for the Dread court. Looking at these pics though I’ve noticed a few mould lines and sprue burs on a couple of them that I’ll need to go in and tidy up. I’m really enjoying this project though.

001(76).jpg

001(77).jpg

001(71).jpg

001(72).jpg

I’ve also put a bit of work into the 2nd (non ruined) Warglaive, I’m still trying to remember the names I had come up with for these and the Helverins I have built. I’ll update as soon as I find.

Grabbing whatever old envelope is closest and hashing out a force org is my usual way of remembering names !

Liking the additions (although I've no idea on the grey plastic pair. Kit ?) and as a final thought, Hellstalker tail from the Lord Discordant ? Having no practical hands-on with Titanicus stuff kinda throws scale out for me, but might be an idea.