Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World Eaters Warband

khorne worldeaters

• Please log in to reply
2501 replies to this topic

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
  • Faction: Worldeaters
Here are some pics. i cant get my camera settings right and the red/gold looks a lot rougher than it actually is. Comment away guys.
These ones are a little dark
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And with the test mini
Posted Image

This one shows the red a little more true to life
Posted Image
gallery_22910_7234_61462.png

lokkorex

lokkorex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,354 posts
  • Location:The Walls of the Imperial Palace, killing everything.
  • Faction: Iron Warriors.
paint faster! i wanna see all of these guys finished!

oh, and i'll most likelly steal your helmets and dreadnought conversions for my own chaosies.
L_T_Banner_V2.jpgL_T_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpg

"Loyalty is its own reward" Lion El'Johnson, Primarch of the Dark Angels legion.

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,162 posts
  • Faction: III Legion
Great work :) Now do more :D
That red is looking really solid. Have you given it a Baal red wash? It really helps to deepen the colour.
I know you probably haven't finished it yet but a Mithril Silver edge highlight would really sharpen up the gold.
I can't wait to see some more progress.

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Thanks for the replies guys.
Yeah I gave him a Baal red wash towards the end to try and smooth some of my scrappy blending. It really helped. Thanks for the tip on the gold I have been wondering what it was missing. I still have a few things to finish on him ie backpack,base and some fine details. As I said before it has been a loooooong time since I painted anything so I'm quite pleased with my efforts here. I'm really excited about seeing the whole force painted up and cannot wait to see the Dread finished. I'm saving him for last though.

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
I am still working on my WE Ive just been hammered for time lately but I bought myself a Defiler kit and a Land Raider kit last week. Im now on leave from work and have been playing and come up with this so far. :evil1: This is going to take a while to build and its gonna cost a feckin fortune but its something Ive had in my head for a long time. Im hoping when done it wil be quite reminiscent of ED-209 and the old Space Crusade Dread. Nothing is glued yet.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I know its not much yet but let me know what you think folks. Any hints and tips for the rest of the legs would be appreciated as well.

Been working on my Daemon Prince today. The gs will be smoothed out and there is still a lot to be added but thought I would show some WIP.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And calling it done for tonight. Will look at it again tomorrow and if Im quite happy with it I will start painting.
Posted Image
Posted Image
And a better pic of my Zerker to better show the colour.
Posted Image

Edited by Biohazard, 06 May 2012 - 10:48 PM.

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Double post

Edited by Biohazard, 06 May 2012 - 10:41 PM.

Brother Ambroz

Brother Ambroz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,011 posts
  • Faction: The Tempest Hounds
Very nice Biohazard. Loving your prince so far. Keep it up!

Formerly Tanith Ghost

The Ravitch Reavers - Traitor Guard

Dark Apostle Thirst

Dark Apostle Thirst

++ DISCIPULUS GRADIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,235 posts
  • Faction: Storm Krakens
That is quite awesome B)

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Thanks guys. Unfortunatley the GS on the DP's helm wasnt as smooth as I thought it was and shows a bit through the paint but I dont really mind. Ive also noticed a couple of mold lines but Im not going to bother with them its just something Ill have to be extra vigilant for in my next DP build.

Quick update on where Im at with the paint.
*EDIT LOST PICS*

Edited by Biohazard, 06 May 2012 - 10:41 PM.

Hotrod

Hotrod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts
Man, your work looks amazing! I'm especially loving the conversions that you do.

And man, just judging by the foot I can already tell that your Titan is going to be gorgeous.

ThisisJimmy

ThisisJimmy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 219 posts
These look really good, loving the look on the DP

- All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. -

- Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life. -

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,162 posts
That Daemon Prince is AMAZING!

I'm so glad this thread is active again. Keep the good stuff coming!!

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Thanks guys. Appreciate the support. Kizz I've had all these ideas rolling around my head for a while but haven't had time to sit down and crank them out. Im hoping to finish the DP this week as well as my first squad of Zerkers. Once those are done I get to paint my Dred! :D

The DP is the first time I've painted a model this big.
Here's where I finished last night. Today I'll work on his base and then finish his sword arm and wings.
*EDIT LOST PICS*

Edited by Biohazard, 06 May 2012 - 10:40 PM.

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,162 posts

Kizz I've had all these ideas rolling around my head for a while but haven't had time to sit down and crank them out. Im hoping to finish the DP this week as well as my first squad of Zerkers. Once those are done I get to paint my Dred!

I've been waiting to see that Dread painted since your very first post in this thread! Can't wait :D
Nice use of the Ogre gut plate as a WE shoulder pad for the Prince. Clever. Solid job on the skin as well.
What colour are you thinking of painting the sword? I'd suggest a 'fiery' look to make sure it stands out.

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
I was going to try black with a green ghost fire running up the middle. Not sure how well it will work though. I have a couple of spare so may practise on them first. Yeah I'm itching to paint the Dred as well but I want to get at least one squad done first then I can reward myself with it. ������
Glad you like the shoulder plate. I've seen a few guys use that plate to represent the WE symbol so I can't really take credit for it. I wanted the DP to be wearing almost gladiatorial style armour and the gut plate and dark elf head dresses were what I came up with. I'm going to build two more DP's as I want to build both Angron and Doombreed so I have a few more ideas in me noggin for those :D

Started the metallics on the 2nd Zerker. The guy next to him is going to be a test scheme for my Scythes of the Emperor force that I'll eventually get around to.

*EDIT LOST PICS*

Vlâdvar The Destroyer

Vlâdvar The Destroyer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts
Great looking Daemon Prince :pirate: The head conversion looks awesome & is very well done, keep up the great work :) Might I suggest giving him a massive daemonic Chain Axe instead?

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Thanks buddy. Base is built and wings are painted minus a few touch ups. Now to finish off the blacks then metals then his sword and finally paint the damn base. :)

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
A quick look at how he stands just now. Im having a really hard time deciding what to do with the sword though ( as in I have NO idea) so any thoughts or suggestions are encouraged. Im completly stumped. :BangHead:
The base so far.
*EDIT LOST PICS*

Edited by Biohazard, 06 May 2012 - 10:39 PM.

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,510 posts
These looks really great, there's some awesome modelling going on here. DP looks different, personalized in a great way, and the Dread I'm looking forward to especially!
  • AlphariusOmegon108 likes this

DarkVen

DarkVen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 537 posts
  • Faction: mainly Night Lords
Well, another great thread about csm :)
Head of your daemon prince looks awesome. And other works are pretty nice too. Wanna see more!

Blood for the Blood God, and the host of the brilliant miniatures for His throne! ;)

IMHO, of course

My WIP-thread of evil space marines [status: in stasis]

Chaos sorcerers and dark mechanicum work tirelessly to come back from the Warp.

Mr.Malevolent

Mr.Malevolent

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,096 posts
That daemon prince is ridiculously awesome!
Glad to see you back my friend.

+++Mr.M+++

Check out my commission painting service at Malevolent Miniatures

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Mr.M Im glad to be back I see youve started at least 3 different projects in the time I was away haha. Really like the look of your Ultras.

Anyone got anymore suggestions for the sword? Im quite liking the plain black but feel its a bit too plain.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,592 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
For the sword... I would recommend a lightning technique, but done in red rather than blue. And it all looks great!

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Marshal Sampson have you got any examples of what youre meaning?

daemonclaw

daemonclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts
deamon prince is looking good ,though personally i think the hood looked better in black.nice use of bits as well
as for the ed 209 looking forward to how it will turn out as the foot looks great so far

i am the itch in the roof of your mouth,i am the sting of the icecream headache. i am the chill down the nape of your neck and the breathing in the shadows. i am chaos
DAEMONWORKS
http://www.bolterand...ules-and-alphas

THE TRUE WORD
]http://www.bolterand...-the-true-word/[/url]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: khorne, worldeaters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users