Here is an example of what I am talking about, Brother Biohazard. I use a much simplified version for my power weapons, but I am sure you are skilled enough to pull it off with the detail seen in the video! I recommend that you replace the blue he mentions in the video for shades of red.

Terminatorinhell. Im gonna be finishing up my first Zerker squad and then the Dred. Once those are painted and based Ill be working on the Titan. I still need to buy quite a few components so progress will be fairly slow but trust me updates will be posted. :o

Marshal Sampson Thanks for the link. ill have a play around with that. ;)

Edited by Biohazard

I'm hoping to end up with something Warhound size. I've no idea how big it will turn out though so will just have to wait and see how I get on. This whole army is only for display so it may not be game legal but I'm just going for the rule of cool. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice man. I followed ur link and I'm really digging the daemon. The colors really look good as well as the modeling and. Bases. I'm thinking about making a diarama using a daemon prince and looking at those pics is getting me thinking more on it. Keep up the nice work.

@Darkven Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Hey thanks a lot buddy. I'd love to see what you come up with for your Daemon.:yes:

I'm waiting on some parts arriving from Hoard o Bits and then I'll start work on my 2nd DP with another custom head. The bases I'm eventually going to add maybe some hazard stripes here and there or hanger numbers or warning txt. I think I'll wait till I've built everything and do it all at once.

On the to do list for this mob I still have

The other 6 members of the Zerker squad

Another squad of 8 Zerkers

10 Terminators which may be dropped to a unit of 8 just for the whole sacred number

I need to finish detailing the Dred and get some paint on it.

A 2nd Dred to be built and detailed similarly to the first

I have plans for 2 more Daemon Princes. One to represent Doombreed and one to represent Angron.

A couple of small units of lesser Daemons

And to actually work on the boss man Deimos himself. I have a good idea in my head how I want him to look do will probably work on him when I'm building the Terminators.

Oh and the 'titan' project im working on.

I'll keep this thread updated as I go. Thanks again for dropping by.

Edited by Biohazard

Very nice work buddy, your zerks are perfect - I'm loving the simple designs people have here, they look clean yet dynamic - doubleplus good! :)

Loving the idea of a Doombreed conversion too - I always found the fluff on him inspirational...

• 2 months later...

Been a loong time and I only have a very minor update on the Dred. It still needs quite a bit of GS'ing to tidy up the right shoulder and add the WE symbol on the left.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/IMG_0556.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/IMG_0557.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/IMG_0558.jpg

The pics arent great. Usual excuse I know but hopefully you can see what Im going for.

Edited by Biohazard

I did work on the Dreds power claw (heavily inspired by 1000heathens cheers buddy :P ) I also painted my first mini in over 15 years so he is understandably a bit rough but he was just a test for my red colour scheme.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/DSCF0889.jpg

:) ;)

These are some brilliant models mate!

I actually like your test mini, I personally think you should expand to a squad of bolter marines, taking the World Eaters back to their (in my view better) old school rules of allowing tactical squads and devastators (Teeth of Khorne).

The.Latros.Sacrum

Yay!! Update time :tu:

I've said it before but that dread is totally inspired. The Defiler mask is perfect and the cables and tubes you've added really help it blend with the rest of the mini and "belong". The heavy bolters and the fist are also really well done. In fact the whole thing is awesome. I'm more than a little inspired to have a go at building one myself (after i've converted my IW contemptor of course).

Keep up the great work!

@1000Heathens Id say infamous :tu:

@The.Latros.Sacrum I am planning on working on an 8 man 'bolter' squad. Those guys will all be defined by horned helmets rather than the 'ears'

@Kizzdougs Thanks for stopping by buddy and thanks for the very kind words.

I was thinking of giving the dred some more trophies/spikes on top but one of my pet peeves is Chaos models looking like hedgehogs so Ive kept it quite minimal. Also as these guys are predominantly Space Hulk based I thought it fit the fluff Im thinking up a little better as well.

I actually really want to paint the dread now so hopefully I can make a start on it in the next few days. I was going to wait until Id finished at least one squad of Zerkers but inspiration on those is fleeting at best so stuff it. Im giving the dred some loving. :D

I then might work on some Terminators as im not planning on converting them too much so hopefully I can start applying paint fairly quickly.

@The.Latros.Sacrum I am planning on working on an 8 man 'bolter' squad. Those guys will all be defined by horned helmets rather than the 'ears'

Awesome! Im very much looking forward to seeing these when they are finished. "Regular" World Eaters squads always remind me of Dawn of War: Winter Assault, and that in turn is how I have always imagined the World Eaters to be - just like every other Legion except extremely bloodthirsty and farocious and with Khorne Berzerkers as their "ultimate" warriors.

.......Just the thought of it is making me wanna run around my house, trashing everything whilst screaming "Blood for the Blood God!" :D

I was thinking of giving the dred some more trophies/spikes on top but one of my pet peeves is Chaos models looking like hedgehogs so Ive kept it quite minimal. Also as these guys are predominantly Space Hulk based I thought it fit the fluff Im thinking up a little better as well.

Spikey and Khorne go hand in hand for sure, but as the old saying goes, less is more!

The.Latros.Sacrum

@The Latros Sacrum. (Ive decided Im just gonna call you Marduk from now on. ;)Its easier to say) The main reason behind the less spikes route is that ships in the 41st millenium are gonna be a tight fit for something like a Dreadnought/TDA marine. Like I say Ive had the idea in my head for years now about a WE warband/strikeforce who post Armageddon are drifting aboard an immense space hulk 'Harvester of Sorrow' ( cookie for the one who gets the ref ). In my head I see them aimlessly floating through the warp (due to having no navigators. Pesky psykers) and randomly appearing in real space at the whim of the gods. While there they do as much damage as they can, loot what they can carry and then scarper back into the Immaterium. Ive never ironed out proper details but thats what I have roughed out in my cranium. Hopefully that gives you a bit of a better understanding into some of the choices I make in the future for units.

Cheers

Craig

@The Latros Sacrum. (Ive decided Im just gonna call you Marduk from now on. ;)Its easier to say) The main reason behind the less spikes route is that ships in the 41st millenium are gonna be a tight fit for something like a Dreadnought/TDA marine. Like I say Ive had the idea in my head for years now about a WE warband/strikeforce who post Armageddon are drifting aboard an immense space hulk 'Harvester of Sorrow' ( cookie for the one who gets the ref ). In my head I see them aimlessly floating through the warp (due to having no navigators. Pesky psykers) and randomly appearing in real space at the whim of the gods. While there they do as much damage as they can, loot what they can carry and then scarper back into the Immaterium. Ive never ironed out proper details but thats what I have roughed out in my cranium. Hopefully that gives you a bit of a better understanding into some of the choices I make in the future for units.

Cheers

Craig

Lol call me Kol Badar instead, I like him better!

I completely get your angle on your World Eaters and its a cool backdrop of info you have given them. Thats why i referred in my last post that less is more sometimes. As an idea, instead of being completely spike-less you could have the spikes on them but snapped off half way down. giving the appearance that just as your World Eaters were boarding the Space Hulk and realising that their "trophie racks" were not gonna fit, they snapped them off there and then impatiently, before charging the vessel. Thats an example that could be quite cool instead of the thought that the World Eaters carefully had them removed in preperation of boarding the Space Hulk, it just doesnt seem the World Eaters way.

Anyway thats just a thought mate, but nice work keep it up.

The.Latros.Sacrum (Or should that be Marduk? Or now even Kol Badar? ^_^)