Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World Eaters Warband

khorne worldeaters

• Please log in to reply
2501 replies to this topic

daemonclaw

daemonclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts
deamon prince is looking good ,though personally i think the hood looked better in black.nice use of bits as well
as for the ed 209 looking forward to how it will turn out as the foot looks great so far

i am the itch in the roof of your mouth,i am the sting of the icecream headache. i am the chill down the nape of your neck and the breathing in the shadows. i am chaos
DAEMONWORKS
http://www.bolterand...ules-and-alphas

THE TRUE WORD
]http://www.bolterand...-the-true-word/[/url]

daemonclaw

daemonclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts
sorry double post :)

Edited by daemonclaw, 17 November 2011 - 09:04 PM.

i am the itch in the roof of your mouth,i am the sting of the icecream headache. i am the chill down the nape of your neck and the breathing in the shadows. i am chaos
DAEMONWORKS
http://www.bolterand...ules-and-alphas

THE TRUE WORD
]http://www.bolterand...-the-true-word/[/url]

Terminatorinhell

Terminatorinhell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,370 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Guardians Night Lords
Wow the DP looks great, but I really wanna see what youre doing with the defiler and Land raider!

gallery_24779_1036_30733.jpg

The Emperor's Champion:
"Never forget, getting tackled by a charging Marine is a LOT like getting hit with a VW Beetle at 30+mph. A VW that hates you and everything you stand for..."

With a lonely whisper you hear him say, on this night you will die this way...

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,592 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Lightning Tutorial for the Sword

Here is an example of what I am talking about, Brother Biohazard. I use a much simplified version for my power weapons, but I am sure you are skilled enough to pull it off with the detail seen in the video! I recommend that you replace the blue he mentions in the video for shades of red.

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
  • Faction: Worldeaters
Terminatorinhell. Im gonna be finishing up my first Zerker squad and then the Dred. Once those are painted and based Ill be working on the Titan. I still need to buy quite a few components so progress will be fairly slow but trust me updates will be posted. :o

Marshal Sampson Thanks for the link. ill have a play around with that. ;)

Edited by Biohazard, 06 May 2012 - 10:38 PM.

gallery_22910_7234_61462.png

Subtle Discord

Subtle Discord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,127 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion, Dark Mechanicus
You have pleased Khorne this day, may he look favorably on your Warband.

Damn good work. Can't wait to see more.

"The old galaxy is dying, and the new galaxy struggles to be born; now is the time of monsters."

mKdOZh3.png
ztXgauq.png
MlwLia9.png

little

little

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 166 posts
Very impressive this army (especially the dreadnought).
But what are you doing with the defiler and LR ? Warhound Titan ? Knights ? Paladin ?
Dwarf: small-sized person with 1 beard 2 legs, 2 arms and a helmet .......

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
I'm hoping to end up with something Warhound size. I've no idea how big it will turn out though so will just have to wait and see how I get on. This whole army is only for display so it may not be game legal but I'm just going for the rule of cool. :ph34r:

DarkVen

DarkVen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 537 posts
  • Faction: mainly Night Lords
As I've said before, your warband rocks :ph34r: keep making marines!

IMHO, of course

My WIP-thread of evil space marines [status: in stasis]

Chaos sorcerers and dark mechanicum work tirelessly to come back from the Warp.

SincaiN

SincaiN

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard
Very nice man. I followed ur link and I'm really digging the daemon. The colors really look good as well as the modeling and. Bases. I'm thinking about making a diarama using a daemon prince and looking at those pics is getting me thinking more on it. Keep up the nice work.

"War is the remedy our enemies have chosen, and I say give them all they want."
SincaiN40K - Modeling web log

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
@Darkven Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Hey thanks a lot buddy. I'd love to see what you come up with for your Daemon.:yes:

I'm waiting on some parts arriving from Hoard o Bits and then I'll start work on my 2nd DP with another custom head. The bases I'm eventually going to add maybe some hazard stripes here and there or hanger numbers or warning txt. I think I'll wait till I've built everything and do it all at once.

On the to do list for this mob I still have
The other 6 members of the Zerker squad
Another squad of 8 Zerkers
10 Terminators which may be dropped to a unit of 8 just for the whole sacred number
I need to finish detailing the Dred and get some paint on it.
A 2nd Dred to be built and detailed similarly to the first
I have plans for 2 more Daemon Princes. One to represent Doombreed and one to represent Angron.
A couple of small units of lesser Daemons
And to actually work on the boss man Deimos himself. I have a good idea in my head how I want him to look do will probably work on him when I'm building the Terminators.
Oh and the 'titan' project im working on.
I'll keep this thread updated as I go. Thanks again for dropping by.

Edited by Biohazard, 27 November 2011 - 05:27 AM.

rhythmdoctor

rhythmdoctor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 13 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters
Very nice work buddy, your zerks are perfect - I'm loving the simple designs people have here, they look clean yet dynamic - doubleplus good! :)

Loving the idea of a Doombreed conversion too - I always found the fluff on him inspirational...

Note that this account has been disabled and any communications members desire to conduct with the member should be with the original account, LeeMXT.

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Been a loong time and I only have a very minor update on the Dred. It still needs quite a bit of GS'ing to tidy up the right shoulder and add the WE symbol on the left.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The pics arent great. Usual excuse I know but hopefully you can see what Im going for.

Edited by Biohazard, 06 May 2012 - 10:36 PM.

• Warpsmith_Johnson likes this

Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

++ VETERANUS GRAVIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,326 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion
Nice claw hand. Where'd you get that idea? :) :P

Looking good man!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts

I did work on the Dreds power claw (heavily inspired by 1000heathens cheers buddy :P ) I also painted my first mini in over 15 years so he is understandably a bit rough but he was just a test for my red colour scheme.

Posted Image

:) ;)

The.Latros.Sacrum

The.Latros.Sacrum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers 22nd Host.
These are some brilliant models mate!
I actually like your test mini, I personally think you should expand to a squad of bolter marines, taking the World Eaters back to their (in my view better) old school rules of allowing tactical squads and devastators (Teeth of Khorne).

The.Latros.Sacrum
XVII Legion
Sons of Lorgar
Warriors from Colchis
Favoured of the Dark Gods
+++Word Bearers+++
A sacred symbol of hatred, of fear, of power and of dark faith. It is the Latros Sacrum. It is all that our Legion stands for, that we believe in and that we kill for.
Glory to Lorgar. Glory to Chaos. Death to the false Emperor.

Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

++ VETERANUS GRAVIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,326 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion
Awesome, I'm famous, lol.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,160 posts
  • Faction: III Legion
Yay!! Update time :tu:

I've said it before but that dread is totally inspired. The Defiler mask is perfect and the cables and tubes you've added really help it blend with the rest of the mini and "belong". The heavy bolters and the fist are also really well done. In fact the whole thing is awesome. I'm more than a little inspired to have a go at building one myself (after i've converted my IW contemptor of course).

Keep up the great work!

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
@1000Heathens Id say infamous :tu:

@The.Latros.Sacrum I am planning on working on an 8 man 'bolter' squad. Those guys will all be defined by horned helmets rather than the 'ears'

@Kizzdougs Thanks for stopping by buddy and thanks for the very kind words.

I was thinking of giving the dred some more trophies/spikes on top but one of my pet peeves is Chaos models looking like hedgehogs so Ive kept it quite minimal. Also as these guys are predominantly Space Hulk based I thought it fit the fluff Im thinking up a little better as well.
I actually really want to paint the dread now so hopefully I can make a start on it in the next few days. I was going to wait until Id finished at least one squad of Zerkers but inspiration on those is fleeting at best so stuff it. Im giving the dred some loving. :D
I then might work on some Terminators as im not planning on converting them too much so hopefully I can start applying paint fairly quickly.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,660 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Very Impressive

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

The.Latros.Sacrum

The.Latros.Sacrum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts

@The.Latros.Sacrum I am planning on working on an 8 man 'bolter' squad. Those guys will all be defined by horned helmets rather than the 'ears'

Awesome! Im very much looking forward to seeing these when they are finished. "Regular" World Eaters squads always remind me of Dawn of War: Winter Assault, and that in turn is how I have always imagined the World Eaters to be - just like every other Legion except extremely bloodthirsty and farocious and with Khorne Berzerkers as their "ultimate" warriors.

.......Just the thought of it is making me wanna run around my house, trashing everything whilst screaming "Blood for the Blood God!" :D

I was thinking of giving the dred some more trophies/spikes on top but one of my pet peeves is Chaos models looking like hedgehogs so Ive kept it quite minimal. Also as these guys are predominantly Space Hulk based I thought it fit the fluff Im thinking up a little better as well.

Spikey and Khorne go hand in hand for sure, but as the old saying goes, less is more!

The.Latros.Sacrum
XVII Legion
Sons of Lorgar
Warriors from Colchis
+++Word Bearers+++
A sacred symbol of hatred, of fear, of power and of dark faith. It is the Latros Sacrum. It is all that our Legion stands for, that we believe in and that we kill for.

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
@The Latros Sacrum. (Ive decided Im just gonna call you Marduk from now on. ;)Its easier to say) The main reason behind the less spikes route is that ships in the 41st millenium are gonna be a tight fit for something like a Dreadnought/TDA marine. Like I say Ive had the idea in my head for years now about a WE warband/strikeforce who post Armageddon are drifting aboard an immense space hulk 'Harvester of Sorrow' ( cookie for the one who gets the ref ). In my head I see them aimlessly floating through the warp (due to having no navigators. Pesky psykers) and randomly appearing in real space at the whim of the gods. While there they do as much damage as they can, loot what they can carry and then scarper back into the Immaterium. Ive never ironed out proper details but thats what I have roughed out in my cranium. Hopefully that gives you a bit of a better understanding into some of the choices I make in the future for units.

Cheers
Craig

The.Latros.Sacrum

The.Latros.Sacrum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts

@The Latros Sacrum. (Ive decided Im just gonna call you Marduk from now on. ;)Its easier to say) The main reason behind the less spikes route is that ships in the 41st millenium are gonna be a tight fit for something like a Dreadnought/TDA marine. Like I say Ive had the idea in my head for years now about a WE warband/strikeforce who post Armageddon are drifting aboard an immense space hulk 'Harvester of Sorrow' ( cookie for the one who gets the ref ). In my head I see them aimlessly floating through the warp (due to having no navigators. Pesky psykers) and randomly appearing in real space at the whim of the gods. While there they do as much damage as they can, loot what they can carry and then scarper back into the Immaterium. Ive never ironed out proper details but thats what I have roughed out in my cranium. Hopefully that gives you a bit of a better understanding into some of the choices I make in the future for units.

Cheers
Craig

Lol call me Kol Badar instead, I like him better!
I completely get your angle on your World Eaters and its a cool backdrop of info you have given them. Thats why i referred in my last post that less is more sometimes. As an idea, instead of being completely spike-less you could have the spikes on them but snapped off half way down. giving the appearance that just as your World Eaters were boarding the Space Hulk and realising that their "trophie racks" were not gonna fit, they snapped them off there and then impatiently, before charging the vessel. Thats an example that could be quite cool instead of the thought that the World Eaters carefully had them removed in preperation of boarding the Space Hulk, it just doesnt seem the World Eaters way.
Anyway thats just a thought mate, but nice work keep it up.

The.Latros.Sacrum (Or should that be Marduk? Or now even Kol Badar? ^_^)
XVII Legion
Sons of Lorgar
Warriors from Colchis
+++Word Bearers+++

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
@Kol Badar its scary but that is actually waht I was thinking and a couple of my termis do have snapped trphy poles! ^_^

The.Latros.Sacrum

The.Latros.Sacrum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 101 posts

@Kol Badar its scary but that is actually waht I was thinking and a couple of my termis do have snapped trphy poles! ^_^

Haha, great minds think alike ;)

The.Latros.Sacrum
XVII Legion
Sons of Lorgar
Warriors from Colchis
+++Word Bearers+++

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: khorne, worldeaters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users