Thanks for all the replies folks. I'm really happy with how the sword is coming along.

Kraut, I have a couple ideas for the detailing on the blade but like I say the Nagash details would just look lost on this as its huge.

Unfortunately due to moving in two weeks and work/childcare obligations I've had to pack all my hobby stuff away. As mentioned before though once in the new house I'll have a dedicated area for my models so will begin work again asap.

Before I packed it away I had to blu tak the blade in Angrons hand. I will be extending the handle so ignore the bit with the Khorne symbol for now ;)

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/04130C07-B26D-4A34-B635-C63920FF112F.jpg

Like I say I'm having to take a break for a couple weeks now but will be back soon. :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so like I say most of my stuff has been packed away for the move in a couple weeks. I do still have some limited access to bits though.

This is a very early very sneaky peek at what I'll be entering Call of Chaos this year with. I've had plans to add to my Worldeaters for years but they've only ever been theoretical. I was taking stock of the (shameful) amount of sprues I have and decided I can add the elements I wanted to right now with a little imagination and some random bits. So overall plan is to have a 2000ish pt Slaanesh force including daemons. As well as about the same in Death Guard/ daemons. I will start another thread for these guys to keep them separate from my WE.

These are the very first models I've thrown together and once I have access to all my bits I will refine these a little. I kind of just threw them together today.

I'm planning two squads of Noise Marines all woth Sonic Blasters and with a Blastmaster in each squad. Mainly going for rule of cool here. I don't care if they aren't as good as they used to be in game, sonic weapons just sound awesome :)

I wasn't keen on the official model so I made They are just a rough proof of concept. One thing I will say is I won't be shying away from mutations with either of these forces and I will be breaking out a lot more GS even if it is just for press moulds to begin with.

Anyway, enough yabbering and onto the pic.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/5FFB84C8-C367-4409-93E3-5A6CB2975F40.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/71F9D4F5-35B3-4C8F-B107-725B457ED178.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/4DE09A1D-8956-47CA-8644-F19213F768CF.jpg

Let me know your thoughts as always folks. As I said once I have full access to my bits boxes I'll be adding a few more cables etc and detailing the backpacks a bit better. I'll also remove the plain loyalist shoulder pad from the grav cannon arm and replace it with something more suitable.

On the one hand, I am outraged and slightly disgusted that a Chosen of Khorne like yourself would sell his service to the thrice-damned Slaanesh like that ;) On the other hand, however, I am enough of a hobby butterfly msyself to see the appeal of Slaanesh, especially of Slaanesh done well -- and those Noise Marines are already looking very promising indeed! I suggest you take a look at the Slaaneshi models by Daouide (of Le blog dé Kouzes), as you seem to have a similar visual approach (plus his is possibly the coolest Slaaneshi army I have seen so far) -- there was also a photo feature of his models on one of the more recent issues of Warhammer:Visions.

Oh, and all the best regarding the house move, of course! :)

Thanks guys. I've got a few things planned for this lot including Lucius the Eternal and a couple of Sonic Dreads (converted in a similar style to my previous WE dreads) as well as a Predator or two. We will see. Like I say there will also be some Death Guard. I have my army lists written already so will be building to those, see how I get on with some sort of structure to army building haha.

Augustuss, thanks buddy, I'm really keen to work on the Black blade again as well. It's coming together nicely I think. Hopefully when it's done it will look the part.

Squigsquasher, cheers buddy, thanks for the heads up re the shoulder pads. I should mention though that the Noise Marines will be built almost solely from the Raptor/Warp Talon kit. I think the heavily detailed armour works better with Slaanesh. ;)

Mechanist, I've never seen NM played in game so I'm really interested in how they do as well. For the sonic blasters there are a lot of conversions out there that seem a little half assed. I'm still trying to come up with something that fits the general size of the official bits. I have some work done on a land speeder heavy Bolter that seems to be coming along alright though.

Kraut, I'd planned waaaaaay back when to eventually be able to run an Undivided force with a core of World Eaters and some of the other legions tagging along. I fell in love with Khorne and all his bloody ways though and realised I had loads of stuff that would probably never see the table in a pure khornate army. I thought it's about time I started putting these ideas I've had in my head into model form and with the move coming up and a dedicated space I saw an opportunity. Hopefully I can keep up the productivity. Oh and don't worry. I'll still be adding to my WE. They'll always be the main force. Oh and many thanks for the link. I'd seen those Oblits on Facebook and wanted a closer look. I do love that style.

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa, guys: Give the man a break, he has the move to take care of, and there's a baby involved.

We may have to be patient now, but trust me: The eventual payoff will be all the sweeter for it! :)

Edited by KrautScientist

• 3 weeks later...

And I'm back. As said above the house move was a lot more stressful than first intended, we very nearly ended up homeless for a well due to a screw up in paperwork etc. All sorted now and almost all settled so I've grabbed a few evenings where I can to work on some things.

Now, Angron is coming but first you'll have to make do with something else. ;) A while ago I stated I wasn't completely satisfied with my rendition of my World Eaters Lord Malek Deimos, and I started building him again. He still wasn't what I had pictures in my head so I set about him again a few nights ago. I think I mentioned before I'd wanted to give him some kind of skull helm as well. Or ideally I wanted to give him a mask in a similar style to Immortan Joe from Fury Road.

Well now, I think I have exactly what I pictured in my head when I first dreamt up this guy. He still needs a tonne of gs work but I have the scale and look I want. His arms are magnetised as is the trophy pole which I still have to work on the jacket for the banner pole as well.

Anyway, enough chat, onto the pics. I should also add his head isn't in its final position yet.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/98465199-8CDE-46F7-BA55-EB8291DF0228.jpg

Here's a scale shot with my Tankbuster Lord Melchiah.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/E9D62F9E-8404-43CB-9C35-C3B1056EA9C2.jpg

And his previous build (minus his sword which the new guy has pinched for the purposes of these pics)

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/2FF1F192-FC94-4A53-8FE4-82A7D2C44913.jpg

Like I say he still needs a tonne of work

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/21B3A226-947B-400F-976D-93C9631ED49B.jpg

And it's pretty much a given but I received my copy of Traitors Hate yesterday as well as this guy.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/B7E541A7-92EB-413F-8F40-F86ED6B5BAA0.jpg

I'd ordered the Finecast model from GW just last week as I can't seem to find my old metal model? One of the strange mysteries of the warp. Really impressed with the new version of Khârn and can only hope this means that all the named characters (and maybe a few new ones?) are on the way from GW.

Believe it or not I am just going to be leaving him as is. I did briefly think about removing the hip armour but I actually quite like it now I've got the model in hand. Splicing it with the Slaughterpriest sounds cool though.

That is one absolute :cuss of a Lord! Somehow, you always manage to get another step up over you last efforts. I got some of them Zinge Industries wires like you said btw, they are great :tu: His mask, is it a Night Lords Terror Squad one, cut down?

I really like the new Khârn to, though the old one will always rock.

Edited by Bryan Blaire
Swear Filter dodge acronym

Cheers folks.

Jolemai, for my vehicles I sprayed them black, then hit them with Mephiston red. I then blacked out all the metal areas and tracks. I really wish I'd painted the tracks seperate though. I then just went over the model adding Agrax earth shade into all the recesses.

Midnight Runner, cheers buddy. That's exactly the reaction I wanted :) His head is made from one of the NL Terror squad helmets. I cut the helmet off above the eyes then used my dremel to hollow it out. Took a lot of patience and this is actually the second helmet I used as I went a bit too far and lost a lot of the skull detail with the first one. His head is from the Overkill box Librarian, I liked the look of rage he has so I cut it down slightly so it fit in the hollowed out helmet. Again it was cut to fit the first so I've actually removed a little more than I needed to for this one but I'm still happy with the look and it's nothing a little gs can't cure.

Always excited to see an update in this thread, buddy! :)

First of all, it's good to hear that you've managed to complete your move! All the best to you and your family in your new home!

As for Malek, I will say that I really, really like the old version and appreciate the slightly sombre quality about him. That being said, the new model is a beast, and it's hard not to be impressed by the presence it has even in its unfinished state. I am not a huge fan of those NL terror masks, usually, but you have really managed to turn them into something awesome! Two suggestions, seeing how he's still WIP anyhow:

• I think you should really look at the Wrathomgiers/Skullreapers for those little plates on either hip: They have just the right barbed and baroque look to take the model even further.
  • Given the rest of the model so far, the stock Lightning Claw almost seems a little too vanilla and clunky -- so while I love the idea of giving him a clawed left hand, maybe there's a more original bit -- one of the Raptor lightning claws, maybe?

Anyway, keep up the excellent work! And, of course, ANGRON! SOON! ;)