I could also do with some suggestions for finishing the tail?

Perhaps some kind of bladed object as the tip?

Also:

Elduderino, my Landraiders and rhinos are all glued shut but for the knights down to the expense of the kit and just the sheer scale I knew from the get go I wanted to have full cockpits inside. I’ll be really interested to see how the official GW one looks when Sir Hekhtur is released.

As for the Malignants, they’ll be put to good use ;)

Wow, I've missed Sir Hekhtur, and they imply he comes with special weapons too! Colour me intrigued.

And good progress on your project, it looks very nice even half assembled. Always fun seeing wip shots of new kits too.

He does. The Knight he's piloting, Canis Rex, is a new class of Knight, the Knight Preceptor. Which is armed with a Reaper Chainsword or Thunderstrike Gauntlet on one arm and Las-Impulsor on the other one, with a multilaser instead of a Meltagun or Heavy stubber.

And the Las-Impulsor is a Lascannon on steroids.

Two people at my FLGS got the Knight codex, and both the Knight Preceptor and Canis Rex are in there. The fluff for the Knight Preceptor is hilarious because it's so 40k

This Khorne knight looks wicked :biggrin.:

When I saw the new face it made me think of Doom, which is very cool. I dont think i could ever get around to the effort of modeling parts of the model that are not going to be visible during play but I really appreciate it when people go to the effort of bothering, very cool stuff.  The tail idea is cool but im not really sure how thick it is at the end where you finished. I think it would look good longer, could you extend it with like a tentacle from a maulerfiend? I think Geredas's idea of a bladed tip is cool... if you could get 3 blades that have only one edge, you could maybe put all the flat edges facing each other and have 3 blades facing outward?

very cool work anyway, looking forward to seeing this develope

The new 'frowning' skull is working much better, great choice.

I can't tell what is on the end of the tail on the original Banelord. An exhaust? This might help you decide what to put on the end of yours, I don't know how faithfully you are going to go to the original.

Oh yeah, Bio, I've a question:

What's the open hand on your Angron kitbash from? I need to know, 'cause it's sized very well for a Bloodthirster, and I'm planning on my Insensate Rage Bloodthirster holding the axe in one hand.

Also, this is of interest for you: FULL CHAOS KNIGHT ARMY

Edited by Gederas

Pandora’s Bitz Box, thank you. I agree with rhinos/land raiders all the hatches are glued shut, I really don’t see th point. But with something as big (not to mention expensive) as the Knights I really wanted to push them a bit further and really make the most of the kit. I’m still torn on the tail so it’s been left off for now. I will have a mess around with it soon. Thank you for the suggestions though as it’s pretty much what I was thinking :tu:

Elduderino, great suggestions bud. I’ve focused on the armour this last week so haven’t worked on the tail but will show progress with it soon if I decide to keep it.

Krakendoomcool, the original Banelord has a cannon on the tail believe it or not. I don’t think I’ll be following it too literally though. I’ll probably go for more of a bladed or bludgeoning tip.

Gederas, thanks bud, the handbis from the AoS Giant kit. Scaled almost perfectly, at least close enough to not be noticed once it’s painted. :tu:

And yeah I have that Index downloaded, REALLY happy that this has been released. Makes me hopeful that there will be a full codex way off in the future. :tu:

So this post isn’t all words here’s a look at the Banelord after I spent a bit of time on it on Wednesday night. Happy with how he’s progressing.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/9656FB6E-6F06-4406-B9C5-AA324CB2C9FE.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/0BD35B29-37D7-4F33-B037-738EEA56DAD1.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/3CC2701F-F86A-44F3-8023-9EBCBD4F9C8B.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/105543A3-376C-4A09-889A-D3AE36F19DDE_1.jpg

I feel it definitely needs the horns or something to frame the skull. I’ll need to adjust the position of the lower jaw as well and may add another couple of tusks to the skull. Working again tonight then off for a couple of weeks so hope to get on with this project in between general real life adult work in the garden etc.

Simply love the way the Banelord is progressing, buddy! I am so glad you replaced the facemask! It was a cool shout out to the older Epic model, to be sure, but that nwe skull faceplate works so much better! And while I agree that some horns could really work, I didn't like the ones you had on there before -- I still think Bloodthirster horns might be the ticket, provided they don't interfere with those underslung guns.

The skeletons atop the guns are a brilliant little touch, as nonsensical decoration like that is so very 40k -- it's an element that both suits the overall baroque style of the setting, but also as specific decoration to a renegade Knight. You can almost imagine the noble riding the knight commissioning this extra piece of decoration and/or choosing the right victims to serve as decoration ;)

The one thing I think doesn't work is the alien skull on top -- it just throws of the composition of the gun and messes with the neat, battleship-like curve of the massive upper hull. I think I'd lose it altogether and rather do something with the actual barrels of the gun.

And Oi, don't I recognise that breastplate from somewhere? ;)

Anyway, fantastic job, buddy -- always a treat to see you working on big warmachines like this! :) Don't forget Daemon Primarch Angron, though ;)

P.S. Sorry to be abrupt like that, but are you using those Coven Throne Vampires for anything...?

I think you need to replace the alien skull with a Slim Pickens Skeleton riding the turret ala "Dr Strangelove" ;)  Seriously though...Slim Pickens...er, or at least some poor unfortunate nailed to the top of the turret. Krautscientist is right, its insanely cool...INSANELY... but that alien skull does throw it off a bit.

Hushrong, thanks buddy.

Elduderino, thanks! The he man comment did make me chuckle a bit :D but I really like those guys up there I’m afraid. It’s a nod to the first Knight I built, in my head I see them displaying opposing Nobles as trophies on the carapace of their steeds. Something along the lines of a warning for those who cross the House.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/FCE70B9E-A7ED-4845-88DB-ED4C4B4E9BB1.jpg

Not the best pic I have but you can see the skeleton up on the autocannons.

Kraut, always good to see you comment. I agree that the alien skull was a little closer in style to the old Banelord but it just really didn’t fit the current aesthetic and was a little too cartoony for my army if that makes sense. It’s the same reason I’m conflicted on adding the tail. I prefer the more aggressive look this has now. As for the horns, the ones I had on their originally were the first set of grabbed from my bits box. The Thirster horns are just a bit too big and would leave me with a very static head pose I think as there isn’t really a lot of room either side with those sponsons in the way. I am still working on an alternative.

As for the breastplate, I’m sure I don’t know what you’re talking about hehe. ;)

Slim Pickens is one idea haha, I will be adding some detail on those turrets. I’m actually thinking of having this guy with the 3 rocket turrets and my Castellan with the gun turrets. Just for display, in game I’ll pick my load out as I go.

Re the Morris throne vampires sorry bud, a guy at my club has ninja’d them as for Angron, look for an update on him very soon ;)

As for the alien skull on the top turret, that was never actually meant to be in the photos haha, is placed it up there when I was sorting my desk out a bit. That’ll be heading to Grizzly soon. :D

Edited by Biohazard

Ol' Epic Banelord had a battlecanon on his tail, yep, a Leman Russ tank type cannon.

As for suggestions, Forgefiend/Mauler tail ? Necron Wraith/Canopek(?) things, the ones in the Forgebane box ? Did look at that second option myself, but wasn't really fitting in style with my Knights......

I'm gonna have to build one of these too, aren't I ?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments folks. I have been working away on projects but real life has taken over a little lately. I will leave you with a look at a squad of berserkers that I’ll be changing the load out on so that they have the chainaxe/sword combo

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/E1AABEE3-1FF7-434C-8F1A-C7859873C5AD.jpg

Also a Lord on foot I built after destroying my mates Ultramarines gun line twice in the The last two games. I had been using a proxy because I realised I don’t actually have a lord in PA besides Khârn.

Still early wip, his arms are magnetised so I can switch his load out just as on Malek Deimos.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/37CF069F-44BA-4358-86CE-1928A13496FF.jpg

As for the Knights ;)

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/777A841F-A6BE-401E-9F58-6C7CD4B6B9DF.jpg

Oh these guys are great! very dynamic and properly threatening. Interesting to a shield on a berzerker, I guess that's because its a defensive weapon and they are seen to be ultra aggressive.  A nice spiked or bladed shield would server to kill as much though I guess. Maybe you coyuld nail a couple of heads/skulls to it? 

Your knight looks totally badass too, I mean obviously you know that, you couldnt possibly not. even before the light show though, these adjustments to your knights are fantastic. I've probably missed the answer already but where did the chestpiece come from for your Dominus?

Holy crap I've missed some updates. Just so you know - that Knight looks fricking awesome. I love how you pictured it from frog-perspective - looking up to its brutal self. Wow!

As for the zerkers and especially the lord: WOOW you're the undisputed master of making Khornate guys look as brutal as they come. Most impressive.