Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World Eaters Warband

khorne worldeaters

• Please log in to reply
2501 replies to this topic

NightHunters

NightHunters

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,259 posts
  • Faction: Night Hunters
Initially I was deeply confused, way too much Nurgle in this thread of red.

Honestly though, fantastic work on those, and glad to see you turning back to Skull throne, Rhino already looks great!
  • Biohazard likes this

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
  • Faction: Worldeaters
:D Yeah I think that may have confused a few people bud, honestly I was just a little burnt out with the WE for a bit so wanted to paint something a bit different. Once I get the Daemons finished for the Call I’ll be back on the WE with gusto though ;)
I’ve got another rhino and a unit of Berserkers to go for my Vow
I’ve also just started putting a Vampire Count WHFB army together as well in between working on these guys so that’s giving me a nice distraction as well. :tu:
gallery_22910_7234_61462.png

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 979 posts
Apparently there are some new CSM models on the horizon, if nothing else those should cure any burn-outs:)

And nice work on the rhino, I find vehicles to be a slog to paint and I'm always impressed when people take their time with even a humble rhino:)
  • Biohazard likes this

rednekkboss

rednekkboss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,087 posts
  • Faction: Templars of DOOooom!

Initially I was deeply confused, way too much Nurgle in this thread of red.

Honestly though, fantastic work on those, and glad to see you turning back to Skull throne, Rhino already looks great!

Hey now..... Nurgle can be any color he wants...... because he's awesome. msn-wink.gif

Personally, I've always thought Khorne and Nurgle troops were a match made in heav......er, uhm.... a special kind of place.

I have to applaud using red as a spot color on the Nurgly stuff too.  Great way to keep the army connected.
And the Rhino DOES look great!

Edited by rednekkboss, 21 November 2018 - 09:09 PM.

• Biohazard likes this

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Sooooo, been a while huh. I’ll just leave some early paint in progress pics here.
50F0E729-3895-4E04-8033-20BC952A87E9.jpg
FF014C4C-3A6F-4F16-803F-BB6E4EDE6539.jpg

I’ve yet to finish the last squad of Berserkers from my failed CoC vow but Angron was crying out for some attention. :evil:
  • mithrilforge, DuskRaider, Brother Aiwass and 17 others like this

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,821 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

Whoa, whoa, WHOA!

I keep clicking Like, but it will only accept one! Seriously, buddy, I was sooo looking forward to this! Fantastic work so far!

And on the same day I've revisited my own Daemon Primarch Angron, no less -- great minds, and all that, eh?

• Biohazard and Brother Aiwass like this

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Thank you, I was messing about with my airbrush tonight and decided to take him down from the shelf and basecoat him. Reallly enjoying working on him now though, I also have another Bloodthirster in progress as well but I want the focus on the Red Angel for now. :tu:

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,841 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Impressive work on the Daemon.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, 16 January 2019 - 01:37 AM.

• Biohazard likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,809 posts
Brilliant start on Angron!! Can not wait to see him progress, he looks so :cuss angry!! Great start :tu:

Edited by Midnight Runner, 16 January 2019 - 05:35 AM.

• Biohazard likes this
bl-logo.jpggallery_45765_12339_50558.png
“We are returned”
Black Legion WIP
Flesh Eaters WIP
Tutorial:Glowing Eyes/Power Weapons
Index Astartes:Flesh Eaters

Eldrick Shadowblade

Eldrick Shadowblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
  • Faction: The Oath-Broken

"The people of your world named you Great One. The people of mine called me Slave. Which one of us landed on a paradise of civilization to be raised by a foster father, Roboute? Which one of us was given armies to lead after training in the halls of the Macraggian high-riders? Which one of us inherited a strong, cultured kingdom? And which one of us had to rise up against a kingdom with nothing but a horde of starving slaves? Which one of us was a child enslaved on a world of monsters, with his brain cut up by carving knives? Listen to your blue-clad wretches yelling of courage and honour, courage and honour, courage and honour. Do you even know the meaning of those words? Courage is fighting the kingdom which enslaves you, no matter that their armies outnumber yours by ten-thousand to one. You know nothing of courage. Honour is resisting a tyrant when all others suckle and grow fat on the hypocrisy he feeds them. You know nothing of honour."

• Biohazard, Gederas and RobWrath like this

PowerHungryMonkey

PowerHungryMonkey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 262 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Thirster looks great but why no pics of the new Dread? Its good enough for FB but not for us???? C'mon, share the awesomeness!

• Biohazard likes this

Grey, however, failed to capture the ape. It escaped to France where it murdered a rich widow and was hanged.

Ferrum Aeternum - Truescale Iron Hands Army

Saga of the Lost - Feral Space Wolves Army

Monkey Business - PHM's Random Works and Past Projects

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Bjorn Firewalker, Thanks bud.

Midnight Runner. He does look like someone just spilled his pint doesn’t he? :D I need to paint a lot of trophies for him to wear. The helmets/skulls on the base are all from Angron. I also need to paint the chain for his left wrist.

Eldrick Shadowblade, that’s one of my favourite speeches from Angron. Plus he can totally kick Bobby G back into stasis.

PowerHungryMonkey. Aha but that’s for my Black Legion, found here :tu: http://www.bolterand...-log/?p=5233795

ElDuderino

ElDuderino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 979 posts
Holy khorne! What a beast! I'm very glad to see the guy resurface after all this time, he looks stunning!

I think we'll need some more pics however;)
  • Biohazard likes this

Eldrick Shadowblade

Eldrick Shadowblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
  • Faction: The Oath-Broken

Looking forward to seeing it all painted up!

• Biohazard likes this

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Elduderino, Thanks bud, I’ll sort more pics on Monday. I’m away for the weekend celebrating my father in laws birthday. :tu:

Eldrick, I’m looking forward to finishing him. Although I’ll be gutted when he’s done. I still have Karanak and his Fleshhounds to paint as well so they’ll have to fill the daemonic void for now.
  • Eldrick Shadowblade likes this

rednekkboss

rednekkboss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,087 posts
  • Faction: Templars of DOOooom!

Looking awesome!!  I'd love to see a Khorne Codex, especially where they could take Chaos hounds or flesh hounds in the way space wolves take Fenrisian wolves.  In the meantime, I may have to make Khorny Space Wolves. Hmmmmmm

• Biohazard likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,137 posts

Something I've been meaning to ask Bio:

So holidays over and back to the grim reality of work. sad.png
Worked a little on Malek Deimos last night and bar his base and a few touch ups on his weapons/shield I'm gonna call him done.
A20FF10F-9B38-41D4-8D82-7C535AFBA34D.jpg
014E9FCB-BF7D-4785-888B-EFB7E05C5022.jpg
99AA648F-1157-40F0-A6B5-CE15F9C620DF.jpg
746E9D1F-25AA-4E13-82CD-928C26D7A6D6.jpg
E62E242D-BDA8-4B58-8D8B-AF779570EEAB.jpg
7C8267B4-E68B-4697-8507-E0C13706E5E2.jpg
79D221BD-6E79-4AB4-815B-585F681EAE6D.jpg

What's the source of Malek Deimos' legs/hips area? Asking because I've been meaning to build the Lord of my Warband, and due to using a lot of the AoS Khorne kits with my marines to bulk them up, I'd rather his subordinates not be larger than him when he's wearing Terminator Armour :lol: And going by the size comparisons you have here:

Spoiler

He's frigging TALL.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say it's possibly an Obliterator/Mutilator?

• Biohazard likes this

Cryptix

Cryptix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,193 posts
  • Faction: Dusk Raiders, Lords of Stone

He MIGHT be based of Lord Zhufor, but I don't think so - the leg decorations are different.

• Biohazard likes this

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 380 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

I'm fairly certain that those are reposed Obliterator legs, with some additional bling to make them stand apart.

• Biohazard likes this

gallery_108437_14773_55359.pnggallery_108437_14773_5804.pnggallery_108437_14773_3713.png

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Gederas, those are indeed Obliterator legs which I reposted slightly, I added the hip plates and the skull decoration from a few different AoS Bloodbound models. He is a beast :evil:

You can see a bit more of the parts that went into him in this earlier WIP.
9597443B-4794-413B-983E-179B716C4339.jpg

Cryptix, I do have Lord Zhufor but even he is dwarfed by Deimos :)
B3CD8CE0-B1A5-4C7C-8342-79EA37B2F498.jpg

A horribleperson, Spot on mate :tu:
  • Gederas, ElDuderino, Nemac Vradon and 2 others like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,137 posts

Gederas, those are indeed Obliterator legs which I reposted slightly, I added the hip plates and the skull decoration from a few different AoS Bloodbound models. He is a beast devil.gif

You can see a bit more of the parts that went into him in this earlier WIP.
9597443B-4794-413B-983E-179B716C4339.jpg

Cryptix, I do have Lord Zhufor but even he is dwarfed by Deimos smile.png
B3CD8CE0-B1A5-4C7C-8342-79EA37B2F498.jpg

A horribleperson, Spot on mate thumbsup.gif

Thanks mate! Is his waist also from the Obliterators, or from a regular Terminator? 'cause going from the pictures I've seen of that model, you've never shown him from the back :lol:

And the new look at your Zhufor repose looks awesome! thumbsup.gif

Edited by Gederas, 23 January 2019 - 04:24 PM.

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
His waist if I remember correctly I cut from a pair of Blood Warrior legs so that the torso fit a little better and added a little height. Also I’m sure I’ve posted this before ;)
F3118E80-9DA5-4DCD-8FDD-247FC74C57C5.jpg
  • Gederas likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,137 posts

Thank you! And maybe you have, but I'd need to search through a lot more of your thread than necessary to get a picture of Deimos' rear :lol:

Hopefully I have some money left from my fun funds this week to get the Obliterators.

• Biohazard likes this

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
Fair point, well made :D

Sorry no more updates on Angron just now but a lot of projects have been put on the back burner for the immediate future while I work on something pretty special. I’ve got an opportunity to work on a project that for me means a whole lot. I’ll update here as soon as I can, I promise :tu:

Nemac Vradon

Nemac Vradon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,178 posts

Angron, Wow. That is insane mate and I love the sword especially. Deimos is also fantastic, looks like a brute. Great work :D

Nemac

• Biohazard likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: khorne, worldeaters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users