• 4 months later...

Ahh it’s been a minute hasn’t it!? I almost feel guilty coming back here to see these comments about Malek Deimos as I actually gave him and his bodyguard away a few months back :o You may still see them at some point in the future though. ;)

So I’ve been away for a bit, I haven’t been completely idle as those of you who follow me on FB or Instagram will know. I’ve been busy as I’ve recently rediscovered a love for WHFB and reconnected with a group of guys I used to play against way back in the early 2000’s during WHFB 5th/6th Edition so I’ve been frantically building and painting a massive Undead host. That’s a story for another page though.

To Malek Deimos, he’s been bugging me for a while and I’d wanted to remake him for a 5th time because as much as I liked the recent model he still just wasn’t sinister enough to be my Warlord. Around the same time an opportunity arose that meant I got a chance to build an Astra Miltarum Kill Team but with a difference, I was approached by Miniwargamer Dave from Miniwargaming to build a S.T.A.R.S themed Kill Team and Nemesis for an upcoming narrative campaign they’re running just now, filming has just started so keep an eye out for it. ;)

Here’s what I came up with, for a first proper attempt at using greenstuff I was actually quite proud of how Nemesis came out. See what you think.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/E9AD6D57-18BA-406C-82BE-167C1222424F.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/6DDDD7B4-0C65-4B74-B59F-12741EA60DEB.jpg

When I was packing up the models I figured it would be pretty cool to send an Envoy along with the S.T.A.R.S team, you know, for protection and also because I know that MWG Dave is another Khorne/WE fan so that’s why I sent the Terminators and Deimos to Canada, so now hopefully he’ll use them at some point in a battle report and I can sit back all smug and say ‘I made that’ :D

I haven’t even started building a new version of Deimos yet, I had been looking at Abby as a base as I bought pretty much all the new releases for my Black Legion when they came out but I see Kraut has had the same idea and started first again :( :D

Something else has my conversion sense tingling though, and it’s kept me busy these last couple of days. Of course I’m talking about this

To that end this is what I’ve been up to, revisiting some of my Knight Household and modifying the legs to fit the new aesthetic and I’m really happy with how they’re coming along.

The Gallant ‘Hand of Blood’ is almost ready for paint now, just a few gaps to fill.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Knights/C3491A00-AD5B-4BD6-A4B8-CE181F55D100.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Knights/767F0A2C-FAFF-4206-8AC3-AF63BA20D38A.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Knights/E537AFCD-0267-41B3-A9D7-277027510463.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Knights/ED27B720-BD28-4798-8400-79EAFDEDD7E9_1.jpg

With a couple of other from his House, Paladin, ‘Pandemonium’ and the Errant ‘Brassheart’ still very early WIP.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Knights/EDE83CCC-F9EB-495D-A407-46FBC70FB26B.jpg

And the High King himself aboard ‘Banelord’ has also had his legs modified, again, early WIP.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Knights/A87CBDA5-B5CE-428B-B021-D38DB7EEA127.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Knights/9826C4D4-A7F7-4C64-82D8-46119E55FED1.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Knights/0D81E990-D64F-4CE5-B5C1-D6FB0DB2240A.jpg

That’s it for now. Hope you enjoy this little update and hope to be updating a little more regularly soon. :tu:

Thanks bud, great to see your name pop up. :tu:

I meant to add that I’ve also switched to using the Canis Rex cockpit and will be going back to my original knight and swapping it out as well. While I really enjoyed building my own the pilot wasn’t visible with just the hatch open and required removing the entire carapace. This fixes that problem and just looks a little neater. Still going to be using the FW Enforcer heads on the Pilots though :)

Oh and the faceplate on the Errant will be this one when I find it, it’s one of the very first plates I made for my original Knight back in 2014 I think?

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Worldeaters/52077723-14A6-4504-8C27-B4EC826AF371.jpg

Edited by Biohazard

Oh, there you are Bio. I was wondering where you disappeared to :lol:

The Knights are looking badass with the leg re-poses.What's funny to me is now you made your Valiant's legs different, so mine which I built (needs to be posted, I'll get around to that soon for ETL) that was based on yours now doesn't look like a 1-for-1 copy in the leg pose because of it :lol:

I haven’t even started building a new version of Deimos yet, I had been looking at Abby as a base as I bought pretty much all the new releases for my Black Legion when they came out but I see Kraut has had the same idea and started first again :sad.::biggrin.:

Whoa, whoa there, mister! You were the one who started this by escalating Deimos to the next level -- I only built my new Lorimar as a reaction to that :wink:

Seriously, though, I think there's still a lot of mileage in that Abaddon model, and I, for one, would certainly love to see a converter of you caliber get yet another totally different character out of that base model!

In any case, it's good to see you back in the swing of things, buddy!

Love the S.T.A.R.S. Killteam, especially Nemesis, obviously -- wasn't he one of the scariest monsters of the PSI era? *Shudder* Also, is that Wesker on the right? What an evil fether.

Love the work on the Knights, the reverse-jointed legs are a clever bit of engineering, but the faceplates also stand out to me as particularly cool. I was a little sad to learn about the cockpits, though -- I thought your kitbashed cockpits were some of the very best out there! Will you still be building that "High King's Court" terrain piece/diorama? I loved the mockup for that!

In other news, have you read the Angron novella (Slave of Nuceria)? There's a healthy dose of fiction for the 18th company in there, and while I was initially a bit miffed that they ended up using "your" company, the good news is that,...er, let's just say there's a pretty good narrative plug in there for Malek Deimos eventually taking command of the 18th, is all I'm saying :wink:

Also, you never comment on my thread anymore, buddy, and I could really use the insight of a fellow World Eater from time to time -- don't be a stranger, eh?

In any case, keep up the fantastic work!

Edited by KrautScientist

Kraut, yeah but now I need to build another Deimos to keep up with Lorimar. This could go on for a while :D I’ll definitely have a look at him, I still have the skull face mask I made for the last version of him that I didn’t use in the end.

Resident Evil 2 was always my favourite game (and the remake was the whole reason for this kill team campaign being devised) but I did love 3, Nemesis haunted my dreams for months. He was just so relentless. :o And yeah that’s Wesker on the right, from left to right you have

Brad, Barry, Jill, Chris, Rebecca and Wesker. Giving Brad the flight helmet was my choice but MWG Dave was happy enough with the decision as he isn’t really one of the main characters.

For the Knights yeah I’d invested a lot of time into the cockpits, time which I unfortunately don’t really have a lot of these days so that and the reason I posted above is why I’ve decided to go this route. :tu: I am definitely still planning to build the High Kings throne room. I’ve adapted the idea in my head a bit more but I’m waiting to see if there’s any tasty new fluff in the upcoming codex before I really start building, I’ve also started thinking about a planetary pdf type force that’s deployed in the Balliol system that the Brass Lords will make use of for objectives etc. ;)

Ha I had no idea the 18th were in the new novella. Will definitely have to check that out. :tu:

I’ll also make sure I drop by more often. Truth be told I’ve barely been on here for months. Like I say I’ve been down a very deep and very involved Vampire Count shaped hole for a while now. :)

Damn, the more I look at those Knights the more cool things I notice. This is gonna sound very silly but I absolutely love the use of the resin Khorne banner as a "tabard". It just works so well, somehow. Excellent conversions all around, though!

Also, incidentally, are you on any dedicated WHFB forums (aside from DakkaDakka for reasons I won't go into)? I've often thought of dipping my toe into the Old World and I'd love to follow your progress on those VC.

Mechanist, would love to see your household take shape, I’m currently sitting at 4 Despoiler Class a Tyrant Class and 6 War Dogs for mine. I’ll more than likely pick up a couple of the new models as well once they’re released but won’t be for a while.

Evil Eye, thanks buddy, as for the WHFB, you can see my progress on them over on FB or Instagram if you look for Biohazard Models. :tu:

Mechanist, would love to see your household take shape, I’m currently sitting at 4 Despoiler Class a Tyrant Class and 6 War Dogs for mine. I’ll more than likely pick up a couple of the new models as well once they’re released but won’t be for a while.

Only 11? Those are rookie numbers, you gotta get those numbers up ;) :lol:

I mean, I've got no excuse as I've only got 4, but that's because I only intended on ever having ONE Knight for my Imperium and Chaos armies, then I ended up getting three Knights (one built and Imperial, two unbuilt) from a friend. So.... yeah :lol:

That's quite the bunch I think we need some group shots or are many of them WIP?

I'm going to get the book I think once my ETl vow is complete, it was the FW daemon knight rules that got me throwing myself at the Daemon knight and a couple of months of that enthusiasm should see my Khorne knight finished and starting on the undivided portion of the household.

I suppose we could look at a call of chaos challenge so we both get at least one new Knight painted? I'm no where near ready for ETL.

Gederas, haha yeah, at one point I did have another 5 but have sold or traded them off. Recently did a trade with Iron Daemon Forge with the Castellan I had. So yeah it could have been a lot worse. Still, with these new ones coming I’ll need to get one just to see what the kit is like.....then another one to build a Dreadblade separate from my Household.....then another to....oh by the dark gods this is going to be expensive. :D

Mechanist, I’ll definitely sort out a group shot once I’m a bit further along with them, only one is painted so far and I’m actually planning to repaint him as he was painted when I was only planning on ever having one. Then the plastic crack took a proper grip of me. :o

That’s actually a great idea for the Call of Chaos, I’ve no interest in the ETL really but I’ll be up for trying to complete a vow for the Call. I’m hoping to get at least one painted very soon to show the new colour scheme.

That one knight policy didn't quite work out, huh?:)

I love these guys, awesome work. Meanwhile I can't even finish one of these:D

I'm very much a fan of the detailing that has gone into each of these, especially the different faces. The pose are all superb too, I'm guessing the extra knee joints helps a bit in that regard. Keep it up!

Elduderino, yeah that policy really didn’t work out, I do love these kits though. :D Just don’t tell the wife.

For the poses I’ve had them all roughly posed for a while, the most difficult one for me so far was the one with his right leg forward, I’ll need to mess about with the pistons etc on his foot but it won’t be too much hassle really. I’ve still to rebase and repose the painted model as well, he’s now running as a Crusader with dual Gatling Cannons so I want to show him either posing a bit to taunt the enemy or have him in more of a braced leg firing pose. Will play about with it as I go along and see what I think works best.

Working till 22:30 tonight but will be cracking on with detailing the Errant and Paladin tonight when I get home. I want to have them all built at least by the time the codex drops so I can get a game in with them ASAP. It’s not an army I plan on using a lot and they’re mostly a hobby project rather than a gaming one but I’d like to see how they get on as an actual army instead of just a super heavy tacked on to a normal list.

yeah that policy really didn’t work out,

Looking at the previews of the new codex (Infernal household ftw) I can see my plans escalating to silly levels if I can start getting them built and painted in less than 4 years a pop. 

Especially with apocalypse release.

One thing I like about chaos knights it being able to mutate the pistons, it gave me a lot more flexibility for poses, I wonder what using the chaos vehicle sprue barrel gargoyles would look like if they are to big to use in place of pistons.

Nice! That does sound interesting, I’m going full on Iconoclast House for mine. Have been working on magnetising weapons and adding spikes and trophies today after finishing work this morning but that’s boring. Here’s a little update on how the LED eyes are starting to look, I’ll be trying to minimise the light bleed from behind the heads but I like how they look here so thought I would share with you guys.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Knights/57EE732F-162C-459F-B27E-2E588E67E449.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Knights/388E8D02-6228-4617-8D53-577F142FD289.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Knights/7F0C8926-A6E8-475A-BB35-115B4529BBAB.jpg

So, since way back when I got my first Knight I had no idea I would end up with enough for a full Household so the model was painted in red/brass to compliment my World Eaters. Since then though obviously things have changed, I have a different colour scheme in mind for House Balliol, so I’ve been pondering what to do with my old knight. The answer struck me a couple of nights ago when I was sorting one of my shelves and found a book that I’d read for inspiration for my Vampire Counts. So I’ve made a start on changing up the red knight slightly and he will now be known as the Dreadblade ‘The Red Duke’ in his Northern Sword. Scourge of the Aquitaine system blah blah blah. I’ve loved the Canis Rex faceplate since I first saw the model previews and wondered how I could add it into the Household. A Dreadblade is perfect for this so that’s the direction I’m taking with him. I will be reposing his legs as well and I have the last weapon from the Canis Rex kit as well that I’ll probably end up using as the laser destructor and run the knight as a Desecrator. We shall see. Obviously this is just messing about with blue tac at the moment but I’m liking how he looks.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Knights/DFBF55FC-8615-48FA-85D7-E0A4ECCFF4D7.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Knights/CF01880A-B6FF-4649-A745-6FD2B0A0EB68.jpg