The call of Chaos - TDA's workspace

Now do pray tell, what would you get if you threw in a loyalist Chaplain in terminator armor, a Chaos Terminator Lord kit, a fantasy battles Chaos Knights box and a few goodies from TDA's bitzbox into a blender?

I'll give you guys a sneak peak :(

med_gallery_17075_6302_873832.jpg

TDA

Hmm, my camera decided to run out of batteries so no more pics until I've managed to find a new pair of those.

Can't however say that I've just sat through a session of green stuffing and everything is coming along very, very nicely so far.

Now to wait for it to dry so I can continue working on it.

TDA

I can do nothing but thank The Prophet for the brilliant inspiration :)

A quick assembly to get an overall feel and look for him. Still a ton of trinkets and whatnots to add to the waist area.

med_gallery_17075_6302_681492.jpg

med_gallery_17075_6302_353683.jpg

Anyone can spot what the Crozius is made from? :huh:

TDA

I can do nothing but thank The Prophet for the brilliant inspiration :)

A quick assembly to get an overall feel and look for him. Still a ton of trinkets and whatnots to add to the waist area.

med_gallery_17075_6302_681492.jpg

med_gallery_17075_6302_353683.jpg

Anyone can spot what the Crozius is made from? :huh:

TDA

Amazing work! I can't wait to see it done.

I believe this is where the crozius comes from...

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2009/10/21/59502_md-Dark,%20Elves,%20Sorceress,%20Warhammer%20Fantasy.JPG

Added most of the trinkets I wanted on. There's still more I want on him but I seem to have run out of space!

med_gallery_17075_6302_504290.jpg

med_gallery_17075_6302_353857.jpg

med_gallery_17075_6302_609592.jpg

med_gallery_17075_6302_648825.jpg

The tome is bluetacked for now so I can get around and paint both it and the area beneath it more easily.

TDA

Really nice conversion TDA! Just please don't use that horrible terminator helmet

I've actually found it's growing on me quite hard.

The way I see it the bigger the tusks, the older and more powerful the Terminator.

And obviously the leader has to have the biggest tusks. :)

Started basecoating a few of the pieces as well.

TDA

Great conversion, I'm looking forward to seeing this beast painted up! As for the helm, it's actually my favorite chaos termie helm, but I'm not sure how well it works on this certain model. Maybe if some sort of daemonic face/skull was added to the helm, and blended with the tusks? Anyhow, great job!

Painted most of the lower body, helmet and right arm + Crozius.

Helmet fits perfects actually.

Can't get any pictures that does the color justice however so I'll get back to that tomorrow.

Now on to the torso.

TDA

I think I've managed to capture the Word Bearer look without problem <_<

What I do struggle with however is the tome. I can't decide whether to have it black with a grey/iron/bronze/gold Chaos star on it alá Liber Chaotica style or paint it brown with an iron star to break up all the red and black I already have on him.

TDA

Still can't be able to produce any image truly doing the red justice. I'm starting to feel that the problem lies with the camera and not me. :lol:

I did however get this shot which is craptastic but still the one which shows the colors the best, not much left now but I'll keep working on finding a way to get better pictures.

med_gallery_17075_6302_575609.jpg

TDA

So in the end there wasn't that much black left after all and the metal and gold grabbed significantly more attention after the red so I left the book cover black. Still need to add highlights to the metals and the red and then there's just the base left.

This has turned out far better than I first had expected. I am more than happy with the result.

Alas the camera is still dodgy so I'll wait with additional pics until I can manage to do the colors justice.

TDA

med_gallery_17075_6302_503681.jpg

med_gallery_17075_6302_634697.jpg

Pose not final, still need to highlight metal and all the gold. :(

I'll still hold to claim that the red is not done proper justice but at least these pics are good enough to show and not make me cringe. And I think I manged to fix up a suitably fitting photoboot for him :(

TDA

Archived