Olis's blog

Olis

So then, this is my very first WIP blog and I thought I'd start it off with something relatively attention grabbing. Basically, it's the FW Contemptor dread. I'm pretty happy with the casting (no warping or unsightly bubbles as far as I can tell) and the model itself looks very posable. :D

Anyhoo, here it is unboxed, on the table.

gallery_60566_6313_2410601.jpg

Unbagged, in all it's unassembled glory.

gallery_60566_6313_405594.jpg

The gun bitz for the power fist.

gallery_60566_6313_280481.jpg

Four feet. Wait, what? Four? :sweat: Also note the twin-linked Lascannons are straight as a die. :P

gallery_60566_6313_608394.jpg

And the torso.

gallery_60566_6313_1014493.jpg

Now then, I'm waiting on some magnets so I can't add it's arms yet but the rest of it should be ripe for spending some time on so I'll have a crack at the legs and torso later today. :P

Thanks brothers. :(

I've seen you commenting on everyone else's stuff so it will be fun to return the favor! :(

Anyway hope you enjoy the kit and let me guess Storm Wardens?

I'd been toying with the idea of what chapter to make him and I have been eyeing up my bitz collected for my crusade army. Storm Warden Contemptor, hmm? Why not. It's about time I did some Wardens, I think. ;)

Four feet. Wait, what? Four?

Twin linked Kick-ass of course !

Awesome stuff... Mine won't be long to come I guess, I just regret they made it so tall, I'd have prefered a classical size to buildt classical dread suit... Might be workable I guess.

DS

Preliminary update: It's bad news - my superglue has congealed in it's pot. I knew it had been getting a little thicker recently but when I tried to get the aplicator brush out of the pot most of the congealed, sticky irritant came with it. ;)

Bah. I'll get more tomorrow. Until then I'll have make do with prep and planning the positioning of the legs (I want one raised, resting on a corpse or a rock or something).

Preliminary update: It's bad news - my superglue has congealed in it's pot. I knew it had been getting a little thicker recently but when I tried to get the aplicator brush out of the pot most of the congealed, sticky irritant came with it. :cuss

Ever had the applicator brush fall out? Fun fun fun.

Anyhoos, looking as good as a non-assembled model can look at the moment.

@NightHunters - Hold your horses, the local co-op had UHU all-purpose or nothing. Believe me; all-purpose doesn't work! :D

@Khargan - It was on pre-order. That's why I got it a little early. :D

@Doghouse - No problemo, dude.

@Ignis - Ha. I'm like Jack Sparrow, me. Savvy. I thought about that before I started. :)

As to the shipping I think it wasn't, but I'm not sure. How do I check?

If it's routed through Sweden or Switzerland, one of the Sw countries, it's a china one. The molds are newer there so they look better. Plus they have nicer quality control.

Well, the invoice says was "shipped via the Lenton Fulfillment Centre, Nottingham". :D

aka HQ forgeworld from the first and new mould machine for the model :D

PS its stupid frustrating in the WhW forgeworld stock room, had a rummage around there back when I was staff and lord was it hard to find anything that was ready to sell that I wanted! wonder if its bigger and more supplied now? :D

Archived