Olis's blog

Olis

Small update: Got the shields come through today - here's where I've stuck 'em:

gallery_60566_6313_653968.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_1721083.jpg

Note the crotch plate has been bent straight. The curve was all wrong if I mounted it there unbent. :HQ:

Also I'm going to try making the lightning slashes tonight out of putty but it that fails I'll just paint them on. My GS-fu is not exactly world reknowned but I'll give it a go. :)

Loving the multiple chapter crusade thing going on with also picking out certain squads for certain chapter trates, very appealing, i love the pose of your C.dread.....has that real feel of, "I'm taller, bigger and better than you.........and i kick you a longer distance than my miget dread cousins"

Thankyou brothers. :)

I know it's been a little longer than necessary but here's a small update - I've been putting together some of my crusade army (slowly - I'm working through multiple projects right now) and I used my unpainted Contemptor in an inaugural campaign game yesterday. He not only survived but he spent the game locked in combat (okay, he was tarpitted by Grots, so sue me*). :P

Anyhoo, I've had some P3 Armour Wash turn up today ready for the paintjob (I'll be using the metal recipe from nurgling6688's Astral Claws blog) and now all I have to do is finish off my Chuck construction-wise (basically just the icons).

* Reduced to one attack by grabba-sticks, Stompy (provisional name) squished one Grot per assault phase, but never really forced them to run. B)

• 5 months later...

Oh dear, this blog has languished for five months - I apologise for my tardiness, brothers. ;)

Okay then, to kick this thread in the posterier I've taken the 2012 LPC vow: I, Olisredan of the Index Astartes, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one entire Imperial Fist Captain and one entire Storm Wardens Contemptor Dreadnought on or before the 31st of March, 2012. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Pictures coming soon. :lol:

Nice .. I'm looking forward to seeing that Contemptor finished up.. :)

You and me both, brother. :(

I can't believe you haven't painted that thing yet, it's AWESOME, and I must have one!

I know, I know. It kinda got away from me. First one thing, then another took my attention away - hence the LPC vow. :)

• 1 month later...

Okay... turns out I'm still a procrastinator. Who knew. The Contemptor is part the way done but I'm posting up pictures of 'Brother Olis' for now, created for this challenge.

gallery_60566_6313_2474425.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_2576214.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_2752755.jpg

He was made in about an hour, had quite a rummage in my bitz box for his component parts and magnetized his head so that I can give him a bare modified SW head later. I'm quite pleased with him (although I think I may have overmodified his bolter). :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm done! Thank Christ, I'm done. ;)

So, here we go - Brother Olis with and without a helmet (and me). Sorry about the dodgy lighting.

My ugly mug. That reminds me... need a shave...

gallery_60566_6038_2816156.jpg

Brother Olis in his full battle plate. I thought the MkV helm suited him very well.

gallery_60566_6313_768220.jpg

Good lord, I'm crap at painting faces. It's been a while since I really tried and... no difference. Still rubbish. :P Anyhoo this is a space wolf head sans the ponytail, fangs and the old hairline. The new hairline (flattering as it is) is painted on with Calthan Brown.

gallery_60566_6313_1335216.jpg

You can just about see a little bit of a head wound there - representative of a fight I got into with a drip tray (and lost).

gallery_60566_6313_1341953.jpg

Ah, yes. Skull and crossbones. I was really into pirates about seventeen years ago - just before I got into 40k. I thought it was kinda appropriate that the first self-insert representation of myself had something to do with pirates. :lol:

gallery_60566_6313_381873.jpg

So, there we have it. One challenge down, one to go. :angry:

• 1 month later...

With any luck this will be the first proper update of two (and also quite possibly the cheekiest vow completion this year if I pull it off), here is a literal rush job of my Contemptor dreadnought:

gallery_60566_6313_1891319.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_336939.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_1857740.jpg

It's my own fault really - I waited and waited and now I've got to get this done, go to an Inquisitor tournament at Warhammer World (whilst scribbling a scenario and my characters down) and wish a mate a happy birthday. Feel free to point and laugh, gents. :rolleyes:

Oookay, not a dickie bird. :D Anyhoo, here's the second part of the 2012 LPC's most cheeky update (apologies for the crappy pictures, time is of the essence atm) -

The Contemptor:

gallery_60566_6313_2071982.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_1223614.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_915337.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_2524121.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_2732971.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_261456.jpg

The Captain:

gallery_60566_6313_1280346.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_777459.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_17317.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_531608.jpg

gallery_60566_6313_1138417.jpg

Again, apologies for the crap pictures - it's ten to midnight here so I can't be fussy with them like usual. :)

Congrats on the completion .. :D The Contemptor looks good .. The LAS arm looks mean, I'm def going to have to order one now..

Thankyou brother. Glad you like him. I have a couple of other arms for him that are awaiting attention, so I might try to get them done in the not too distant future. :)

Looking great fella. That yellow looks solid but the pictures are blurry, any chance of some clear ones?

Rob

I'll get some up by the end of the week (doing painting of a different kind this week). Yeah, the yellow took about five layers to get smooth but I must say that the Captain is rushed. I won't lie about it, he's been done to the bare minimum so that I could complete the LPC. :unsure: That said, I'm going to keep touching him up (especially the purity seal and the white on the shoulder pad).

Suffice to say I finished on time (just) but I don't feel that the Vow Complete! banner has a rightful place in my sig due to my shoddy work and procrastination. :sweat:

Archived