Dornian Heresy Unforgiven, previously a DIY DA Successor

If your not fully set on you fluff, I had an idea to explain the whys he is ina dread

Basically, a Techpriest recieves a vision of the Omnissiah (Emperor) who tells him of an Astartes who he is to help (Cypher). Cypher tells him he needs a massive Contemptor Dreadnought to house a Primarch, or something along those lines, becuase the Emperors time is drawing near, and he will need all his loyal sons, so the Lion needs to be resureccted.

So you have the Emperor commanding it as part of his plan, maube he sends a Custode along as well?

Just a thought, if you want to use it.

But I love the concept you have, really good

If your not fully set on you fluff, I had an idea to explain the whys he is ina dread

Basically, a Techpriest recieves a vision of the Omnissiah (Emperor) who tells him of an Astartes who he is to help (Cypher). Cypher tells him he needs a massive Contemptor Dreadnought to house a Primarch, or something along those lines, becuase the Emperors time is drawing near, and he will need all his loyal sons, so the Lion needs to be resureccted.

So you have the Emperor commanding it as part of his plan, maube he sends a Custode along as well?

Just a thought, if you want to use it.

But I love the concept you have, really good

Hey man, it's like you've read my mind. The second planned piece of fluff (POV from a captured Unforgiven) telling of "The Heralds" rescue from a Mechanicus R&D facility, and it was they who were prepping him for placement in the dread.

Cheers,

Jono

Forge World you have failed me!!!!!

So I purchased another CCW arm for my Contemptor, as I have a conversion in mind for the fingers. It arrived today. Without a shoulder. I'm still waiting on my original miscast/replacement bits. I'm tempted to wait out the time difference and call Forge World, from Australia. Words cannot express my true anger and dissappointment.

RAAAGGGGEEEE!!!!!!

Rant over,

Jono

Forge World you have failed me!!!!!

So I purchased another CCW arm for my Contemptor, as I have a conversion in mind for the fingers. It arrived today. Without a shoulder. I'm still waiting on my original miscast/replacement bits. I'm tempted to wait out the time difference and call Forge World, from Australia. Words cannot express my true anger and dissappointment.

RAAAGGGGEEEE!!!!!!

Rant over,

Jono

shoulders dont come with the arms they come with the body, i didn't get shoulders with my contemptor body though either.

This has since been explained by ForgeWorld, what is confusing is that the ONE I did recieve was in the Lascannon arm bag, as part of that sprue (if you look closely, you can see it in the pic).

Even so, that doesn't excuse a 22 day wait on packing the replacement parts, the afore mentioned 3rd arm was ordered on the 7th of this month and I recieved it first!

Cheers,

Jono

This has since been explained by ForgeWorld, what is confusing is that the ONE I did recieve was in the Lascannon arm bag, as part of that sprue (if you look closely, you can see it in the pic).

Even so, that doesn't excuse a 22 day wait on packing the replacement parts, the afore mentioned 3rd arm was ordered on the 7th of this month and I recieved it first!

Cheers,

Jono

agreed they have reliability problems.

anyway i hope the work on the contemptor keeps going soon, you have had awesome ideas for it.

SB

Liking it Grotsmasha!

I'm now thinking I could come up with a character description that strongly implies that it's The Lion within the dread, but never actually say it is, like in an after battle report Luther recognizes the armour styling of the dread being very similar to that of the Lions crusade armour. On that note, I'm about to go whip out my Heresy artbooks and find some Lion pics, for armour stylings.

This is how I would handle it as well. I also like the idea of the Dreadnought being the leader in this case. Dreads are typically put to rest until needed - but perhaps a Primarch in has no need to do so. Perhaps this Dread is very active in the day to day with nearly most or all of the functionality and fluidly of his previous self. He should also have a personal Tech marine with a flock of servitors always at hand to primp.

By the way, for lion head adornments, you might check the High Elf White Lion chariot.

EPK: Cheers man, I'm glad you like it, and thanks for the suggestions. In regards to the Lion stuff, I've ordered the bannertop from the chariot set and some of Scibors Lion shield, hopefully at least one of these will be suitable. In regards to the Techmarine suggestion I like it. I was going to have a 5 man Terminator clad "Council" (Fluff-wise named characters, game-wise Termi Command for Belial counts-as) I'll think I'll now add a 6th Termi Techmarine.

Here's a pic of the TS termi's for that squad

gallery_48988_5384_189707.jpg

and some scale pics

gallery_48988_5384_412807.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_865230.jpg

Cheers,

Jono

Holy :cuss dude, Forge World has totally redeemed themselves, something which I wasn't expecting. My replacement order arrives today, 7 days instead of 22, better. Then I opened the box, I was expecting, 1 shoulder, 2 thighs and the torso. I recieved a COMPLETE new set!!! They replaced, the ENTIRE kit, leaving me with TWO complete Contemptors. Kudos to them, shame on me for doubting.

LET THE CONVERTING/CONSTRUCTION BEGIN!!!!!! Sadly my fiance has "misplaced" my HTC Desire HD, or that which takes the good pics, so no pics today, treasure hunt tomorrow though.....

Happy, excited, content, peace out,

Jono

Holy :cuss dude, Forge World has totally redeemed themselves, something which I wasn't expecting. My replacement order arrives today, 7 days instead of 22, better. Then I opened the box, I was expecting, 1 shoulder, 2 thighs and the torso. I recieved a COMPLETE new set!!! They replaced, the ENTIRE kit, leaving me with TWO complete Contemptors. Kudos to them, shame on me for doubting.

LET THE CONVERTING/CONSTRUCTION BEGIN!!!!!! Sadly my fiance has "misplaced" my HTC Desire HD, or that which takes the good pics, so no pics today, treasure hunt tomorrow though.....

Happy, excited, content, peace out,

Jono

Wow!

i wan't my parts to go missing in future if they double you up!

looking forward to both dreads now!

Soooo, while I waited for my Contemptor parts, I gave one of my TS Termis a lick of paint, just to sort out in my mind how the colour scheme will work, also, the only blue I have is Regal Blue, so the highlight is WAY to bright, so I'll be picking up a darker blue the next time I'm out.

Please be gentle, it mis still PIP, aslo this is the first time I've attempted highlights, usually my method is: Base Colour => Wash => Metals => Eye Lenses => Purity Seals done. Anyhoo, here he is

gallery_48988_5384_207048.jpg

and more importantly, posing of the "spare" Contemptor,

gallery_48988_5384_299651.jpg

I know the pose is a little (ok, it's alot) static, but I like the idea of calm, cool, collected, see where I need to be, them mash some, alot, of faces.

Cheers,

Jono

Coming along Grotsmasha.

Why the blue? Do Dornian Heresy Unforgiven wear blue? Or are you going with black armor with blue highlights? I did my consecrators with "blueish" highlights, I'll toot my own horn and reference them here, in case you want to take a look. It's simply just Fenris Grey (which is the blue tone) than a extreme highlight of Codex Grey. If you are indeed trying to do blue, I would maybe dry brush the darker blue you mentioned than highlight with the color you already used.

As for the Lion Contemptor, first off, let me say that Forgeworld definitely did you right. As for pose, as cliche as it is, I could see the Lion Contemptor, one foot up on something, sword in one hand, pointing with the other. The go to pose for a tactical genius.

And finally on to the Techmarine you mentioned. If you go Techmarine Terminator for your command squad, you can always play him as a count as Apothecary though he could also fill the role of heavy weapons depending on how you convert.

Dont forget his dual pistols that should be holstered at his waist. =)

I love the pose, though =)

- Natanael

That's actually not a bad idea! A dreadnought sized pistol strapped to his leg or back or whatever. What would that be made of? A heavy bolter? lol Or better yet, an assault cannon (like from the Baal turret).

Hey guys,

Duras & Natanael: At first I was playing along with the joke, but being a fan of the lighter side of 40K, and that I've gotten a free Contemptor, I may just go ahead and make a "Sheriff" Contemptor, with the afore mentioned equipment, I'd like to add a full leather "Duster" swept back behind the pistols, duel style, but that may be betond my skills.....

EPK: Yeah, it was meant to black armour/blue highlight, sadly I only have Regal blue (may make it to LGS today...need superglue too) and a not small enough brush. Funilly enough, it was your Consecraters that inspired me to try blue, but couldn't remember where I'd seen them.

Hands-on-hips Contemptor is the freebie, the Lion Contemptor is due for some bigger-izing, in the leg department. maybe 4mm taller, 3mm wider beneath the waist. So he'll recieve the chop-chop this weekend hopefully...

His pose will be striding forward, right sword arm raised with Plasma/shield arm on the left defensively.

The Techmarine will be unit-wise seperate from the command squad, but fluff-wise will be on the "Council (Command Squad will have Apothecary anyway)

Thanks for the comments and feedback, I'll try get some pics up this arvo as the Scibor Lion and Angel shields arrived yesterday arvo.

Cheers, and thanks for looking,

Jono

Hey quick pics,

Which shield looks better?

1. Lion Shield

gallery_48988_5384_496617.jpg

2. Angel Shield

gallery_48988_5384_890034.jpg

I like the size and shape of the Angel shield, but I like the detail of the Lion shield.....maybe I can cut the top of the Lion shield to bring it higher....either way they'll both be used, one on the chest the other as a shield on the Plasma arm.

Cheers,

Jono

I really don't think that you should use the replacement Contemptor as a joke model. The idea is a little funny but I propose an alternate idea. How about having him look like a knight praying and preparing for battle. Try to get him posed as kneeling on one knee, head/torso slightly bowed and his hands holding the gigantic Dreadknight sword by the hilt with the tip resting on the ground. You may never field two Contemptor dreads but if you could pull off my suggestion it would be a much more fitting use of an expensive kit. If anything he would look fantastic on display somewhere. You could even try adding some sort of tabard and a heraldry shield/plate from the Grey Knights kits for his personal heraldry. Please think about it, don't waste this chance to do something inspiring and memorable instead of a joke. As a fellow Dark Angels fanatic of 20 years I beg you to consider it.

and more importantly, posing of the "spare" Contemptor,

gallery_48988_5384_299651.jpg

I know the pose is a little (ok, it's alot) static, but I like the idea of calm, cool, collected, see where I need to be, them mash some, alot, of faces.

Cheers,

Jono

"Alright, that does it. If the guy who threw that tin can at me doesn't own up, the whole army, and I mean the whole army, is getting kicked down the length of the battlefield. Seriously."

As far as the shield goes, using the lion shield for the chest would be more fitting, considering who's in the Dread.

But I agree that the other one looks awesome - a tough call indeed! I'd still vote for the lion one personally though. ^_^

I would try and blend it into the sarcophogous as well, so that it looks more like moulded armour, rather than just attached if you get my drift.

That is assuming of course, that you weren;t already planning on doing that ;)

Gotta say that seeing youre 'temptor work has tempted me (like the pun there!) to get myself one fo these bad boys.

Quick question - how big are the slots in the arm mounts for magent swap around shenanigens?

Cheers

Archived