Dornian Heresy Unforgiven, previously a DIY DA Successor

Cloud Runner: Definitely intent getting out the GS to blend the shield. Magnet-wise I've used 3mmx1mm magnets, which have been plenty strong enough, and there's plenty of room for larger magnets as well.

gallery_48988_5384_485953.jpg

EDIT: pic now in :END EDIT

Cheers,

Jono

I really don't think that you should use the replacement Contemptor as a joke model. The idea is a little funny but I propose an alternate idea. How about having him look like a knight praying and preparing for battle. Try to get him posed as kneeling on one knee, head/torso slightly bowed and his hands holding the gigantic Dreadknight sword by the hilt with the tip resting on the ground. You may never field two Contemptor dreads but if you could pull off my suggestion it would be a much more fitting use of an expensive kit. If anything he would look fantastic on display somewhere. You could even try adding some sort of tabard and a heraldry shield/plate from the Grey Knights kits for his personal heraldry. Please think about it, don't waste this chance to do something inspiring and memorable instead of a joke. As a fellow Dark Angels fanatic of 20 years I beg you to consider it.

Fear not mikhail, if I decide to continue down this route, all "Cowboy" accessories would be detachable/magnetized.

@ Cloud Runner: Sadly, due to a condition I call "Hobby ADD", there isn't much to show, just all the WIP stuff in both DA threads, I've lost alot of my hobby time to my 5 month old son, sometimes I only get an hour or two a week !!

So Primarch Contemptor Progress !!!

Blended Lion shield

gallery_48988_5384_507034.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_290612.jpg

Widened/Lengthened lower and upper legs

gallery_48988_5384_346166.jpg

gallery_48988_5384_195273.jpg

So the legs are still WIP, but I think I'm done with shield, I know it's not perfectly symetrical, but it's close enough for me.

Cheers, C&C as usual,

Jono

Chest is looking good, and blends nicely.

I know what you mean about the time - 6 y/o, 3 y/o and 2 month old takes a lot of time.

That and the career ;)

As an alternative pose suggestion, perhaps bring in the great sword and also make a great-shield perhaps?

Properly wading through the lines of the enemy, smiting everyone in their path.

Games wise, simple as 2 Dread CCW's, as the atmoantic shielding rule already works for the shield.

Also very interesting on the widening of the legs - is it really necessary though? Having seen Apologists work with termiantor based PA marines, the contemptor still fits in scale wise.

Cheers

@ Cloud Runner: Fear not! Since I got the second Contemptor, hands on hips is just a Contemptor, not "The Lion", I've a good action orientated pose in mind. I've widened/lengthened the legs, since seeing the pic of hands on hips as they look a little weedy to me, plus I really want The Lion to be taller, which would've looked weird without the widening as well.

@ EPK: Cheers, Im glad you like, it took 3 attempts to get it to where it is.

Cheers,

Jono

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
so how are these dreads coming they look promising from the last bunch of pictures.

Honestly, there's been very little progress. Since the LPC last year, I've been continuously involved in one or more painting challenges, I haven't really been building. I may get back to it in the new year.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived