Escalation League startup

***Rules***

Summary

MAX 600 Pts

New units are bought by playing games.

Win:250

Lose:75

Draw:150

Modifiers (-50) apply for each 100 pts that are unpainted, proxied and not based.

1HQ Manditory

2Troops Manditory.

1Fast attack OR Heavy support Optional

1Elite Optional

***League***

No games played so far but here are some armies that have been submitted;

Army/Points/Played/Wins/losses/Draws/Objectives

PTS/P/W/L/D/O

Space Wolves of Ragnar 0/0/0/0/0/0/0

Crimson Fists 75/1/0/1/0/0/1

Grey Knights 0/1/1/0/0/0/2

Khorne Bezerkers (IW detachment) 0/0/0/0/0/0/0

Tau 0/0/0/0/0/0/0

Dark Eldar 0/0/0/0/0/0/0

Crimson Fists

Chapter Master Pedro Kantor 175

Tactical Squad Hadeon - 175

Meltagun

Heavy Biolter

Rhino 35

Scout squad Elecros - 85

4 snipers

Missile launcher

Sternguard Veteran squad 130

Combi weapon

Total 600 Pts

Pictures:

gallery_60709_6351_246942.jpg

"Pedro Kantor"

gallery_60709_6351_114119.jpg

"Rynns Hammer" Rhino

gallery_60709_6351_646660.jpg

"Tactical Squad Hadeon", Going to replace the Multimelta with a Heavy bolter and the sergeant with a Devastator sergeant, later to be a Heavy bolter Devastator squad.

OK, how about this:

Start with 600 points

1 HQ (min)

2 Troops (min)

1 Elite (optional)

1 Heavy OR 1 Fast Attack (optional)

The rest of the points can be spent on additional troops or HQ’s

Designed to stop stupid Death Star units and tactics at 600 points, when others are being fluffy.

Additional rules to consider could be:

Deep Strike – when a unit Deep Strikes, it counts only as having moved (i.e. it may still assault, or run and assault if said unit is fleet as well as the other options) – mainly as I think the DS rules are BS, and I’m pretty sure this is what they meant to write and bottled it / forgot.

Any more for anymore?

Points for the League:

250 points for a win

150 points for a draw

75 points for a loss

50 point penalty for each 100 points or part thereof not painted (and based) but fielded (3 colour minimum).

50 point penalty for each 100 points or part thereof that is pushing ‘counts as’ to its absolute limits (i.e. Gretchins as Dreadknights, Tau as Bezerkers etc. - although Tau Berzerkers would be hilarious)

If a player elects to stop a game early (barring circumstances beyond their control) then they automatically lose the game and their opponent wins i.e. I can’t get tired and go home <_<

Automated escalation – you can field as many points in a game (rounding down to the nearest 250) as the player with the highest league points in the fixture has (to a minimum of 600 – which I know isn’t divisible by 250, but stick with me eh?) – scoring system and penalties above still applies (i.e. if I’m playing J, and I have a league points total of 900 points and J has 1650 points then our game would be a 1500 point game – if I can’t bring that many points to the table then it’s my tough luck or I can bring unapinted stuff and still take the hit – Jon still gets to use 1500, kinda makes me pull my finger out a bit).

Multiple Armies - yes you can, but it's the army that is in the league, not the player, you want a second (or third) army then they start from 0 points.

What do we think?

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a "go" at creating a battle report. Hopefully when the 3rd member of the group joins the site he'll be able to fill the gaps.

Friendly Test game

Grey Knights Vs Iron warriors

Setup: Pitched battle

Objective: Capture and Control

Grey Knights, Had to rely on memory for this so I might be wrong, seriously wrong :S

Librarian in terminator armour with halberd;

Attached to

Terminator Squad with Incinerator, 2 Halberds and a daemon hammer with psybolt ammo,

Vindicare assassin,

Terminator Squad with Psycannon, 2 Halberds, daemon hammer and psybolt ammo,

5 man strike squad with psycannon mounted on a razor back with heavy bolter and psybolt ammo,

5 man strike squad deep striking with psycannon,

5 man strike squad deep striking with psycannon,

5 man interceptor squad with psycannon,

Dreadnought with twin linked auto cannon and close combat arm with psybolt ammo.

Iron warriors

Daemon prince with wings,

Deep strike 5 terminators with reaper autocannon, 2 powerfists, combi melta, lightning claw and chainfist

10 CSM with Power fist, plasma gun on foot.

10 CSM with Power sword and 2 melta guns and icon in rhino with havoc launcher.

7 Khorn berserkers with a skull champion armed with power fist and icon, squad has 1 plasma pistol, mounted in a rhino with combi flamer.

Predator annihilator

Defiler with havoc launcher

2 Obliterators.

Iron warriors (IW) lose roll off, Grey Knights (GK) elect to go second.

IW deploy DP on IW Objective (Bottom Right) behind a big hill, Obliterators on top of said hill, Predator just forward of the IW objective. CSM on foot in the middle flanked by Rhino with meltas, Berserker Rhino on the far left.

GK deploy Librarian and attached terminators on GK Objective (Far Left). GK Razorback, Dreadnought, assassin and Terminator squad deploy in cover behind trees on the Right hand side opposite IW objective.

We roll to decide that units can only see enemies within 6” of a wooded area.

Turn 1

IW move Predator and defiler towards wooded area. Melta rhino moves 12” towards centre table which has a large building. Squad on foot follows, and runs towards building. Berserker rhino moves 12” towards GK objective, All Rhinos pop smoke.

Predator misses obscured dread through trees. GK covered by woods.

GK move Librarian and termies towards berserker rhino. Other terminators and assassin move into wood.

Assassin goes to shoot defiler, but has already moved, so stands gawping at every gun in range. Heavy bolter on Razorback kills one of the IW on Foot.

Dreadnought fires at predator, but fails to penetrate front armour

Turn 2

IW CSM squad on foot reach the safety of the building the middle. Rhino stays Right of the building in centre. Berzerker Rhino moves 6” towards the GK objective.

Defiler, Obliterators, and Rhino with 2 boltguns firing out of hatch fail to mark the Assassin. Assassin in hysterics.

Predator unloads at dreadnought. Immobilising and destroying its autocannon. Dreadnought spins around on the spot trying to hit something. Berzerker rhino fails to hurt terminators

GK Roll for reserves and call in a squad behind defiler. Terminators walk through the trees. Razorback moves towards CSM in middle of table.

Assassin shoots Turbo Penetrator at defiler, which laughs it off being possessed and all. Psycannon on GK strike squad then stops it laughing by shooting off some legs. Librarian pops rhino with a Super hand bag anti tank flame template thing. Rhino is wrecked.

Turn 3

CSM move deeper in ruins centre table. Melta squad disembarks from rhino. Berzerker squad rages towards Librarian and terminator squad.

Obliterators Fire 2 plasma cannons at deep striked “strike” squad. One scatters away, the second wipes them out in a ball of lovely blue light. Lascannons on predator see the end of the assassin. Combined fire of defiler, melta squad and rhino see the end of 2 terminators in the woods which fail to run away. CSM in ruins run towards the GK objective but stays in ruins.

Berzerkers fire at terminators killing one with plasma and dive in for the charge.

Berserkers charge and manage to score a few hits after being poked by halberds. GKs roll 3 1s for an armour save. The rest save the librarian die of shock with the aid of a power fist. Squad remains locked.

GK Terminators move out of woods and kill a few CSM from the melta squad. Razorback uses it psycannon bolt upgrade on the rhino to blow it up. The resulting explosion fells a single CSM out of 17. The second GK strike squad deploy middle of table around the razorback. The remaining strike squad deploys from rhino.

The lone Librarian is sacrificed to khorne and the squad consolidates onto the GK objective, whilst the remaining GK terminators assault and win the assault with the melta squad. However the IW fell 2 GKs with a power sword and stay in combat.

Turn 4

IW Move Predator towards Razorback, the CSMs within the ruins move to the outside via a door to take up a firing position on the strike squad that deep struck. Reserves finally came for the IW in the form of 5 IW terminators. They positioned themselves on the icon held by the berserkers to fortify the captured position.

The CSM emerging from the building killed 4 of the 5 man strike squad, which proceeded to fall back. The GKs from the razorback came under combined fire from the predator, defiler and obliterators and ran off the board.

In the ensuing assault phase the GK terminators managed to kill all but 3 of the IW, the IW successfully finished off the GK and consolidated towards the DP who carried on sleeping on the objective..

GKs Rolled for their reserves which came on in the form of an interceptor squad. The lone GK strikesman regrouped and headed back towards the IW. The razorback charged forward and open fired on the IW firing on the lone GK killing nought. The interceptor squad killed one terminator.

Turn 5

The lone GK managed to die successfully, the razorback blew up thanks to the predator which left only the terminators to open fire on the interceptors, in which they couldn’t hit a barn door. So they charged and 2 died to the interceptors Power weapons.

GKs Carried on the close combat and lost all interceptors save one. The rest of terminators fell to the GKs force weapons. The consolidation move however fell short to contest the GKs objective.

At the End of turn 5 a 2 was rolled and the game ended. The IW berserkers sat on the GK objective, whilst the DP, still sleeping, sat on the IW objective.

For me, the man of the match goes to my opponent who constantly rolls binary. And a plucky Berserker with a power fist.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First League game: 8/10/11

Grey Knights Vs Crimson Fists;

Pitched battle, 5 objectives.

Grey Knights

1 Inquistor

5 Grey knight Terminators

10 Grey Knights

Rhino

Crimson Fists

Kantor

10 Marines

5 Scouts

5 sternguard

Rhino

Game ended turn 6 with Greyknights in control of 2 objectives. Crimson fists controlled 1 objective and contested one. Grey knights win. league results: -50(0) for grey knights (none painted /12 proxies) 75 for Crimson fists (All painted and a loss 75pts).

Speaking for Crimson fists. Kantors contribution was rubbish as he was too far out the way, his orbital bombardment was the only effectual shooting method in the entire game. the scouts were all killed first turn. and the sternguard ran off the table after taking 2 casualties.

Archived