Marine who plays Space Marines

Gunrunr

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to this site and I'm very impressed with what you guys got going on here. I'm an ex-Marine who got into 40K about 10 years ago. I have always loved painting models and one day I saw some guys playing 40K and said ......"Wow, a game where you get to paint models and use them in a cool game requiring strategic thinking with a cool story line". I have always loved reading the history of the Knights Templar so it was obvious to select the Black Templars as my army. I started painting and halfway through my project most of the players moved or sold their armies. Left with no one to help teach me to play, I just quit. Now many years later I'm wanting to get back into it. I'm reading lots of your forums and learning from them so I can make a good army list the first time. I have also used the internet to locate some gaming shops in my new Houston location. I'm looking forward to expanding the Imperium of Man in the name of the Emperor!!!!

I'm looking forward to expanding the Imperium of Man in the name of the Emperor!!!!

THAT is what I like to hear. :) Welcome to the B&C, Brother.

Cool I love hearing about new members in Texas. (I am in Corpus Christi) I just wish more were around me lol.

No way!!!! I was born and raised in Corpus. I lived in Ingleside for many years, then just four years ago I moved to the Houston area. I actually live in La Marque now which is between Houston and Galveston and real close to NASA. I started gaming at a shop in Corpus called Armchair Commanders many years ago.

Cool I love hearing about new members in Texas. (I am in Corpus Christi) I just wish more were around me lol.

No way!!!! I was born and raised in Corpus. I lived in Ingleside for many years, then just four years ago I moved to the Houston area. I actually live in La Marque now which is between Houston and Galveston and real close to NASA. I started gaming at a shop in Corpus called Armchair Commanders many years ago.

Awesome! I remember that place too bad it closed. I play at Gamer's Den in Corpus and Hobby House in Kingsville. I live about half way between the two in Petro.

Wow, I just joined yesterday and posted for the first time today.....and now I'm already meeting a group of you guys for some gaming. Now that's what I'm talking about.

Greetings from a Blood Angel player. Used to play Black Templars myself, didn't last long though. if i can offer even one shred of advice to you; take two chaplains/ masters of sanctity. trust me.

Greetings from a Blood Angel player. Used to play Black Templars myself, didn't last long though. if i can offer even one shred of advice to you; take two chaplains/ masters of sanctity. trust me.

Thanks, I have one already with a jump pack so I'll start looking into getting another to place in a different squad.

Hail! Welcome to the B&C brother! You'll actually find that there are quite a few active duty and former servicemembers here (Active Army, myself) so you aren't alone, haha! The WIP forum and the Hall of Honor are a great source of inspiration if you're starting to paint again, and of course you'll fit right into the Black Templar forums. Again, welcome!

Hail! Welcome to the B&C brother! You'll actually find that there are quite a few active duty and former servicemembers here (Active Army, myself) so you aren't alone, haha! The WIP forum and the Hall of Honor are a great source of inspiration if you're starting to paint again, and of course you'll fit right into the Black Templar forums. Again, welcome!

Thanks a lot. You know what I think is real cool.......when I see pictures of guys out in the field overseas and they are in a tent playing 40k. You are right about the information that can be found here. I have been going over many of the posted army lists and I'm using them to fine tune mine. I am also taking the advice that you should play what you think looks cool so I'm working on a good balance.

Archived