Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

In Midnight Clad - A Night Lords log

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,700 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

That's a great looking command section, the Calth Chaplain works really well as a standard bearer. You're right to be happy with the cloak, it's nicely done, as is the highlighting on the helm.

Inquisitor Engel

Inquisitor Engel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 729 posts

That's a great looking command section, the Calth Chaplain works really well as a standard bearer. You're right to be happy with the cloak, it's nicely done, as is the highlighting on the helm.

Thanks man! I've recently started going quite a bit brighter on the highlights (Lothern Blue instead of Caledor Sky) and it really pops vs the standard troopers. Started with Sevatar and have carried it over. Really excited to do Curze... one day. 

See my Imperial Fists Blog! For Dorn and the Emperor!

"Do not ask me to approach the battle meekly, to creep through the shadows, or to approach my foes quietly in the dark. I am Rogal Dorn. Imperial Fist. Space Marine. Emperor's Champion. Let my enemies cower at the thunder of my advance and tremble at the sight of me." - Rogal Dorn

Inquisitor Engel

Inquisitor Engel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 729 posts

Not quite done, but Iā€™m super stoked with how Guilliman has turned out. The Horus Heresy head looks so much more hopeful and forward-looking than the dour plastic 40K one. I had worried the sizing would be off, but it worked out pretty well. Need to shade underneath it once the glue dries, but I'm so, so happy with the current product. 

Also, all that gold? Contrast is the secret! Can't wait to work on Dorn. 

7ajt6QT.png

• Brother Chaplain Ryld and Dr_Ruminahui like this

"Do not ask me to approach the battle meekly, to creep through the shadows, or to approach my foes quietly in the dark. I am Rogal Dorn. Imperial Fist. Space Marine. Emperor's Champion. Let my enemies cower at the thunder of my advance and tremble at the sight of me." - Rogal Dorn

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,953 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Your Guilliman is very well-painted. I hope to see the completed model soon.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,841 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes, Guard, IK
The forge head is far better

Sense%2Bt%C3%ADtol%2B%282%29.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15151_1303.pngZg0FFzL.jpggallery_48988_15465_10777.png

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
That's a happy G-man šŸ˜. I guess even a man of his responsibilities has his moments of joy...

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

Inquisitor Engel

Inquisitor Engel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 729 posts

Bringing a little more REFINED weaponry to the old elites of Nostramo... Sharp blades for better skin slicing... Happy with how the first VIII Legion Raptor is turning out. 

u4jz7Wd.png

• Gederas likes this

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 643 posts

Wow G-man looks really well done, amazing painting so far!

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,441 posts

The Raptor is looking nice! :tu:

That helmet.... Is that from the Ashen Circle? :lol:

Inquisitor Engel

Inquisitor Engel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 729 posts

The Raptor is looking nice! thumbsup.gif

That helmet.... Is that from the Ashen Circle? laugh.png

Ha, no! From the ooooold metal Iron Warrior upgrade set. I had one spare and loved how menacing they looked, so went for it.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,441 posts

The Raptor is looking nice! thumbsup.gif

That helmet.... Is that from the Ashen Circle? laugh.png

Ha, no! From the ooooold metal Iron Warrior upgrade set. I had one spare and loved how menacing they looked, so went for it.

Oh wow. That's pretty good then. I've seen that kit, but never saw any of the helmets from any angle other than directly in front (because I've only seen the helmets on the GW website). It does look very menacing though.

Inquisitor Engel

Inquisitor Engel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 729 posts

Oh wow. That's pretty good then. I've seen that kit, but never saw any of the helmets from any angle other than directly in front (because I've only seen the helmets on the GW website). It does look very menacing though.

Yeah it's a good fit. Very hard to find now though... 

Another one down! I'll go and do all of their backpacks when I'm done. Really pleased with this guy's skull helm. He also has just one flayed-skin glove. He's like the Michael Jackson of murder.

oXHZnwS.png

Choosing reason weapons before adding BFTBG was... a bad choice in retrospect. 

• Kolgrim DeathHowl and Brother Chaplain Ryld like this

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 643 posts

The skull helm came out super cool!

Inquisitor Engel

Inquisitor Engel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 729 posts

Thanks!

Took a break from Raptors and did a Moritat instead... 

bVwLVjt.png

I was planning on wearing-and-tearing the armour like I did with the Destroyer squad, but decided against it as in my head this guy is higher-ranked, and has more legion serfs to polish his armour after every battle, but he's still rocking the red gauntlets... Also I didn't feel like it. I also have no idea where the shall casing came from, but oh well. 

I alternated the angle of the "spotter" to cover the opposite of where he's looking, and also changed the colour of the indicators on the back of the Volkites. Green for good to go, yellow and red for the one that overheated. 

• Kolgrim DeathHowl likes this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users