The diorama and both models are amazing

The space wolf was amazing (recipe?!)

The sons of horus is amazing (recipe?)

As are everything you do. Its safe to say whatever legion you do it will look great. I would prefer something to rival your emperors children. Something loyalist with a good colour against the purple and gold.

Thanks for all of the love people!

The new warriors are an Imperial Fist and a Night Lord.

I've made a start on both of the new test minis, but only the Imperial Fist is worth showing at the moment. I'm still playing around with the Nigh Lord's armour. It's difficult to paint a really dark midnight blue while still showing at least some of the detail.

The Imperial Fist is obviously still a WIP, but he is coming a long nicely. It's been pretty fun so far. I feel that I'm getting better with the sponge weathering every time I use it.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3911_zps51knicu9.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3912_zpsudpqddqe.jpg

Let me guess... Imperial fist and White Scar?

Imperial Fist, yes. White Scar, no.

If you didn't already have XX Legionary I'd say the last one is a headhunter.

Yeah, I'm going to try to paint up one warrior from each Legion, so he definitely isn't from the XXth.

That's much better on the SW. I do prefer the SoH, though. But I love Blue-Greens of all hues.

Thanks, dude! Glad you like how the SW turned out.

I love your new test models. The Son of Horus is lovely and perfectly realised (you've got a great sea green there) but I have to agree with Vazzy- for reasons I can't quite put my finger on he seems a little generic, especially compared to the brilliantly menacing Wolf. The gold trim really works.

I assume the next batch hail from the XIII and XIV respectively?

Thanks for the kind words! I'm much happier with how the Wolf turned out in the end.

really liking the posing mate, was wondering how hard it would be to make the BAC minis look more dynamic. 

It's pretty easy (at least the arms are) if you're happy to chop them up a bit.

That's what a Wolf should look like.

Thanks, bro!

What you're doing here is great, i really like, how you personalized your EC, very inspiring. :smile.:

Thanks, dude! Glad you like the Emperor's Children. They're a labour of love.

Let me guess... Imperial fist and White Scar?

Hmm, I don't think so. Personally, I suspect these two to be an Iron Warrior and a Night Lord.
http://www.court-records.net/animation/edgeworth-smirk(a).gif
Look at the first marine, his armour is covered in dents and scratches indicating either intense fighting and/or he doesn't care about his looks which fits in with IV and their siege warfare. Secondly He has an Anvillus pattern power pack, which is famous for being used by traitor forces towards the end of the heresy and in the millennia following. Thirdly, look at his body language, his pose, very casual yes? Like he doesn't care, like he doesn't take whatever for he's fighting seriously, it conveys arrogance and contempt for the enemy which is always something the IV had in spades. He's also packing a lot of grenades, essential for clearing out foes lurking in trenches, bunkers or just around the next corner.
http://www.court-records.net/animation/edgeworth-document(a).gif
The second marine, much like the first also has something of a worn appearance, which indicates to me he probably doesn't care about his appearance. Secondly, and most noticeably, the trophy heads, now while the Scars definitely indulged in this practice sometimes the VIII were chronic trophy takers, hell, one of their pieces of legion wargear is "grisly trophies" if I recall. This is also backed by the blade in his hand, a rather cruel looking thing yes? Certainly not the manner of blade a son of the Khan would usually carry, this weapon looks designed to intimidate as much as kill, with it's hooked edges and spiked handguard. Finally the last piece of evidence, the loincloth hanging behind the legionnaire's sword arm. It appears ragged and ill-cared for but it's appearance looks unlike simple cloth, I fear it could potentially be made of flayed skin, something the Eighth gleefully practiced to further terrify their victims.

http://www.court-records.net/animation/edgeworth-bow(a).gif
The prosecution rests Your Honour.

Hahahaha! That gave me a good laugh. Excellent reasoning, and the second warrior is definitely a Night Lord. While the first warrior isn't an Iron Warrior, the IV and VII Legions definitely have some obvious similarities. I used the Anvillus back pack because the Imperial Fists are well known for their large and powerful fleet, and the Anvillus was designed for void warfare. Plus the Anvillus just looks awesome.

529281_200x130.png?v=1410689106.0

Your Honor, we all clearly know that the fine gentleman and scholar known to us all as Kizzdougs as already made a figure representing the IVth legion, the Iron Warriors. I doubt he has wishes to make the same legion twice. And regarding the other fine piece of art, while it is true that taking trophies is more commonly seen in the Night Lords the tabard is clearly made of some kind of fur which is far more common among the rowdy sons of the Khan. And as to regarding the blade, your honor, it is terrifying but so are the White Scars.

I rest my case.

(Sorry Kizz :tongue.: I think this got carried away :biggrin.: )

Hahaha, some more excellent reasoning. The picture isn't very clear but the 'fur' on the second warrior is actual flayed skin, so very VIII Legion.

Glory to the VIIIth!!!!!

That's the second one at least....

Spot on!

The gold trim on the pads of the wolf make a nice contrast and already helps him stand out more. I think you should keep the pads as they are and maybe implement the paler pad colours for elite units. Also the new models look sweet, I'd say that the top one is maybe a word bearer and agree that the bottom one is a white scar.

Thanks, dude! I'll definitely experiment with some lighter greys if I go with the VI.

Wolf has turned out great mate. The gold trim really works.

Two new guys, Death Guard (the chaosy power pack was featured on their artwork) and Night Lords

Just for originality's sake, I'm saying this is a Raven Guard showing Nights Lords how real justice is done. :tongue.:

Hahaha, not quite. I will definitely be doing a Raven Guard warrior, though.

The Wolf looks amazing, so casual yet intimidating. His pose says "this will be short & very, VERY bloody"

Yeah, that's the look I was going for. Glad you like him.

Just for originality's sake, I'm saying this is a Raven Guard showing Nights Lords how real justice is done. :tongue.:

What's that Corax? I couldn't hear you over the sound of you running away... :wink:

On topic, ace job on the wolf. You know where my vote is :smile.:

Hahaha, I don't think the VIII should really be accusing anyone else of cowardice...

#1 - Word Bearer
#2 - Night Lord

Also, SanguinusReborn, that was fantastic. I applaud that post with awe (and jealousy that I didn't think of it first)

Yeah, SanguinusReborn hit it out of the park with his comment.

I'm going for Imperial Fist (only because you already did a IV legion marine) and Night Lord, although that tabard argument of GrandMagnus is making me lean towards White Scars. You know where my vote would go.

The gold trim on the wolf made him go from looking bland to looking great. I suddenly like him as much aas I did your SoH.

Two from two! Thanks for the kind words bro.

Wow that wolf is getting better and better.  Could the second marine possibly be a Blood Angel from Amits company?  Matches the description of all having battered armour and skinning knives.

I haven't read about Amit's company yet. The idea of more savage Blood Angels is definitely a cool one.

The diorama and both models are amazing
The space wolf was amazing (recipe?!)
The sons of horus is amazing (recipe?)

As are everything you do. Its safe to say whatever legion you do it will look great. I would prefer something to rival your emperors children. Something loyalist with a good colour against the purple and gold.

Thanks, mate! If you have any other questions about paint recipes etc. just send me a PM and I'll be happy to help.

The gold on the wolf does change up his appearance.

Now to wait and see what those two grey phantoms turn out to be!

Thanks, dude! And they are no longer grey! Hopefully I'll be able to get the Night Lord to a reasonable level tomorrow.

Thanks for looking ;)

I thought those two might be an Imperial Fist and a Night Lord -- the only thing that threw me off was the CSM backpack on the Fist...

Anyway, brilliant work on the WIP Imperial Fist -- that yellow is just delicious, and the sponge weathering is something else! I agree with the other guys that the golden trim on the wolf works like a charm, yet the Son of Horus is wonderful as well -- quite a difficult decision. Maybe you should do one Marine for each of the legions after all -- and then revert back to World Eaters ;)

If you were having trouble with a good shade of blue, I'd recommend a 50/50 mix of clear red and clear blue, thinned down over a black undercoat, followed by a clear blue glaze.

Also, love the weathering on the Fist. The partly faded out Templar cross on the kneepad is fantastic.

Edited by SalvationOfReason

http://www.court-records.net/animation/edgeworth-damage.gif

What?! An Imperial Fist?! Impossible! The evidence clearly indicted IV Legion! Damnit, that Anvillus backpack was a red herring!

http://www.court-records.net/animation/edgeworth-handondesk(a).gif

*sigh* An... Unfortunate turn of events. Still, I was at least correct in my deduction of the Night Lord's identity, so I can at least take comfort in that.

http://www.court-records.net/animation/edgeworth-thinking(a).gif

Still, the Imperial Fist looks excellent, the yellow is wonderful, the pose is very characterful and the battle damage & weathering is fantastic, it reallys adds to the rugged veteran look. I look forward to seeing what you do with the Night Lord.

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

hey kizzdougs,

Beautiful thread! I've been an avid fan since the beginning but never had anything to contribute to your awesomness. However, while looking at your Imperial Fist, something struck me as odd. The two vents/bulbs/spherical objects on the backpack seem kinda jarring to me.

I've thought long and hard about it and came to the conclusion, that it must be the colour. The silver breaks the yellow "Frame" of the miniature. Almost everything silver is framed by yellow and black (see the grenades, the X-harness etc.), except the bolter and the vents. Now, for the bolter, it works. But it might be an interesting idea to paint the vent spheres yellow ? I think that would Close this "Frame" and make him appear much more cohesive in colour-composition. As of now, it rather looks like an Iron Warriors backpack, since it is only silver and black.

I am very sorry if this all sounded patronizing, I hope my advice can be useful to you.^^

*Throws burshes through the room*

:jawdrop:

Dude that Fist.... it's so inspired! Ugh.

I'm going to get back at you by copying the helmet markings for my combat squad leaders, and doing a couple fists with anvillus backpacks.

*begrudgingly walks over to brushes to pick them back up again*

EDIT: I also demand that you name one of my anvillus-wearing duders. :wink.:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Ohhhh pretty!!

The fist is great, the tone of yellow, the battle damage, the markings, all spot on.

I look forward to seeing the night lord too, I have an army of resin waiting to become midnight clad so a tutorial, or paint recipe from yourself would be a boon.

hey kizzdougs,

Beautiful thread! I've been an avid fan since the beginning but never had anything to contribute to your awesomness. However, while looking at your Imperial Fist, something struck me as odd. The two vents/bulbs/spherical objects on the backpack seem kinda jarring to me.

I've thought long and hard about it and came to the conclusion, that it must be the colour. The silver breaks the yellow "Frame" of the miniature. Almost everything silver is framed by yellow and black (see the grenades, the X-harness etc.), except the bolter and the vents. Now, for the bolter, it works. But it might be an interesting idea to paint the vent spheres yellow ? I think that would Close this "Frame" and make him appear much more cohesive in colour-composition. As of now, it rather looks like an Iron Warriors backpack, since it is only silver and black.

I am very sorry if this all sounded patronizing, I hope my advice can be useful to you.^^

I agree with this. The miniature looks great as is, but I think the vent bulbs should be done in a color other than silver. Yellow I think would look great.

The Imperial Fist is done!

I really enjoyed painting the Fist. Weathering the yellow was an absolute pleasure compared to struggling with the Wolf's much darker scheme. The Templar/Crusade veteran crosses were also a bit of fun to paint.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3914_zpsyhpdf8zk.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3913_zpsydg3mce5.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3915_zpsz7ydaalt.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3916_zpsjfsukrv7.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3917_zpsgf6q6y4x.jpg

The gang

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3918_zps3hvlftoe.jpg

Really loving the fist so far!

Thanks, bro! I hope you like how he turned out.

Fantastic Fist kizzdougs! Looking forward to see it finished! ^^

Thanks, dude!

So I was half right :wink: That Imperial fist looks really awesome.

Yep, you sure were. I hope you like the finished product.

Kizz would you mind posting your yellow recipe?

No worries bro!

I started with an under coat of Chaos Black spray. Next up I gave the armour several thinned coats of Iyanden Darksun (one of the old 'base' paints. I think the current equivalent is Averland Sunset). Once I had a consistent coat of Iyanden Darksun I gave the armour a wash with thinned down Agrax Earthshade. The Next stage was a mix of Iyanden Darksun and Golden Yellow (now Yriel Yellow) at about 1/1 and applied it with a sponge. Once the mix had dried I used Agrax Earthshade in the cracks, battle damage, crevices of the armour. After that all that was left to do was sponge on some wear and tear using a mix of Rhinox Hide and Abaddon Black.

I thought those two might be an Imperial Fist and a Night Lord -- the only thing that threw me off was the CSM backpack on the Fist...

Anyway, brilliant work on the WIP Imperial Fist -- that yellow is just delicious, and the sponge weathering is something else! I agree with the other guys that the golden trim on the wolf works like a charm, yet the Son of Horus is wonderful as well -- quite a difficult decision. Maybe you should do one Marine for each of the legions after all -- and then revert back to World Eaters :wink:

Thanks a lot, bro! Yeah, the Anvillus back pack is a bit unusual for a Loyalist/30k. Hopefully people realise that there is heaps of freedom and potential variety when it comes to modelling 30k minis. Some people can get way too fixated on having matching armour Mks etc.

That Imperial Fist is killer. i can just see him at the Seige in my mind.

Thanks, boss! That's just how a Fist should look.

The fist is looking great mate. You've really taken to the weathering, I think you should do a weathered EC at some point would be great to see.

Yeah, I suppose a weathered Emperor's Child is inevitable. I'm just not sure what colour I'd use the weather the armour. It's so much easier to weather lighter coloured minis.

If you were having trouble with a good shade of blue, I'd recommend a 50/50 mix of clear red and clear blue, thinned down over a black undercoat, followed by a clear blue glaze.
Also, love the weathering on the Fist. The partly faded out Templar cross on the kneepad is fantastic.

Thanks for the tip, mate! I've been mucking around with Drakenhof Nightshade, Guiliman Blue, and Druchii Violet over a black base coat that has been lightly bry brushed with Kantor blue.

Glad you like the Templars/Crusade veterans cross on the knee. I had fun painting it on.

http://www.court-records.net/animation/edgeworth-damage.gif
What?! An Imperial Fist?! Impossible! The evidence clearly indicted IV Legion! Damnit, that Anvillus backpack was a red herring!
http://www.court-records.net/animation/edgeworth-handondesk(a).gif
*sigh* An... Unfortunate turn of events. Still, I was at least correct in my deduction of the Night Lord's identity, so I can at least take comfort in that.
http://www.court-records.net/animation/edgeworth-thinking(a).gif
Still, the Imperial Fist looks excellent, the yellow is wonderful, the pose is very characterful and the battle damage & weathering is fantastic, it reallys adds to the rugged veteran look. I look forward to seeing what you do with the Night Lord.

Hahaha, thanks bro!! I thought the Anvillus might throw a few people off. Glad you like the Fist.

Lovely Imperial Fist. I love that his waist is covered in military equipment too.

Thanks, mate! I've tried to mach the weathered/rugged paint job with Astartes that look like they're in the middle of action, and the grenades etc. go some way to achieving that. 

hey kizzdougs,

Thanks for the constructive criticism! It's always appreciated.

I totally get what you're saying about framing the mini etc. I considered painting the exhaust pods in yellow, but they would have looked really out of place when viewing the mini from behind unless I painted some more yellow somewhere else on the back pack. In the end I compromised by painting them a metallic black. It doesn't frame the mini as well as yellow would have, but it still breaks up the solid silver on the back pack.

Thanks again :)

You're an artist Kizz, that Imperial Fist is gorgeous

Every Legion you turn your brush to comes out fantastic - I totally dig your style dude, keep it up :thumbsup:

Thanks, bro! I'll get to the Xth eventually...

*Throws burshes through the room*

:jawdrop:

Dude that Fist.... it's so inspired! Ugh.

I'm going to get back at you by copying the helmet markings for my combat squad leaders, and doing a couple fists with anvillus backpacks.

*begrudgingly walks over to brushes to pick them back up again*

EDIT: I also demand that you name one of my anvillus-wearing duders. :wink.:

Hahaha, come on bro, you're Fists are first class! It would be an absolute honour to name one of you warriors.

Ohhhh pretty!!

The fist is great, the tone of yellow, the battle damage, the markings, all spot on.

I look forward to seeing the night lord too, I have an army of resin waiting to become midnight clad so a tutorial, or paint recipe from yourself would be a boon.

I'll see what I can do about the Night Lord scheme. He is a bit of an experiment at the moment, so I'm trying out a few different things.

Holy monkey! The Fist looks awesome and seeing that weathering makes me want to practice using a sponge again.

Also, since you are painting one of each legion any plans for a display case?

Thanks, dude! Definitely get the sponge out again, they're great and so easy to use.

I haven't really thought about a display case. Many of my better minis end up on display at my local GW store, so maybe the Legionaries will end up there once they're finished.

I agree with this. The miniature looks great as is, but I think the vent bulbs should be done in a color other than silver. Yellow I think would look great.

Thanks for the feedback, bro! Much appreciated :)

Awesome kizz is doing the VIII right before I resume painting. Can't wait to see what you come up with

Glad to hear that you'll be doing some more work on your Night Lords. I look forward to seeing what you do.

Thanks for looking ;)

Absolutely stunning Fist. Love it. I really enjoyed these last two updates, and really appreciate you took shots from multiple angles. I always like miniatures that look good from all angles, instead of from only one. Also, it gave me a peek at all the techniques you've used, which I've learned a lot from - the weathering especially. So thanks for the inspiration. 

I'm so happy you've chosen my two favourite legions, and am super stoked to see your take on the VIII. 

Imperial Fist looks gorgeous Kizz, fantastic weathering on the yellow. I'm really glad to see you continue with your Legions on Parade. I'd love to see you tackle a Lightning Bearer, you know... if you wanted a mini to represent each of the 20.... Just a selfish thought. :tongue.:

Edited by Athrawes