The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

Kizz, you're the hottest guy on this forum right now, and putting us all to shame. :wink:

This perfectly sums up my own thoughts on the matter.

The Angel is, once again, fantastic. My favourite part is how you've managed to include weathering and battle damage, yet make the red so rich and deep. Speaking of which, thank you so much for the tutorial! I'll need a new recipe for my World Eaters, as my old approach relies on some OOP weapons, and your tutorial will really prove invaluable, I guess :)

That Blood Angel is fantastic. Very rich and vibrant red. 

The White Scar has my attention really though. That white is looking crazy crisp. It's nice to see one that has a bit more of the tribal aspects to him.

Wicked belated comment about your Wolf good sir. I see him and think of the History Channel Series: Vikings. It's the axe, not too garish. 

Liking the Blood Angel. The hazard Stripes are funny, As if a giant chain saw sword wasn't a good enough reason to stay away...

Looking forward to the white Scar though. How do you get the ridiculously beautiful white? So smooth

Painting the various different Legions is a challenging, interesting, and rewarding project and it helps to remind me of the III Legion's superiority. So I thought I'd briefly return the glorious Emperor's Children.

Here is a WIP shot of the Palatine Prefector that I'm working on at the moment.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3979_zpsyqzejzwk.jpg

Sometimes I feel sorry that the other Legions aren't blessed with a range of minis as beautiful as the Emperor's Children's, but then I remember that they're generally blessed with much more useful rules... :P

Looks great dude! How did you manage that cool red?

EDIT: Oh you ninja'd me, looks great brother

Thanks, bro! Got to watch out for those interweb ninjas :P

Beautiful Blood Angel and great job on the tutorial; I'm sure I'm not the only one who will find it useful.

Thanks a lot, bro! Glad you like the tutorial.

Awesome blood angel, I just love the battle damage you add to these.

Thanks, mate! I'm having heaps of fun experimenting with the battle damage at the moment.

That red is so beautiful. Kizz, you're the hottest guy on this forum right now, and putting us all to shame. :wink:

That tut is killer, btw. Please could you do this for all of them?

Hahaha, the power of holidays... hopefully I can maintain the momentum. I'll try to make sure I take some more step by step pics as I work on the remaining Legions.

Man, it kills me to say this but I think the Blood Angel is my favorite out of all the test minis you've painted up. He looks amazing kizz!

Wow! Glad you like him so much. He was pretty boring to paint compared to the others (I'm pretty confident painting red, I've painted a lot of it), but I'm happy with how he turned out.

Love the affect you achieved with the BA scheme, very different and very nice!

Thanks, dude! It's nice to hear you say that it's 'different', because when painting the Legions that didn't change their livery it can be difficult to make them stand out from their regular 40k appearance.

Great tutorial! Will give it a try at some point!

Also a great insight in how you paint.

Thanks! It's nice to share the process with everyone. Hopefully some people will be able to take something away from it.

Kizz, you're the hottest guy on this forum right now, and putting us all to shame. :wink:

This perfectly sums up my own thoughts on the matter.

The Angel is, once again, fantastic. My favourite part is how you've managed to include weathering and battle damage, yet make the red so rich and deep. Speaking of which, thank you so much for the tutorial! I'll need a new recipe for my World Eaters, as my old approach relies on some OOP weapons, and your tutorial will really prove invaluable, I guess :smile.:

Thanks, champ! When I painted my World Eater I used pretty much the same techniques and steps as I did with the BA. The only real difference is that I took the weathering much further. I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your Heresy era WE.

That Blood Angel is fantastic. Very rich and vibrant red. 

The White Scar has my attention really though. That white is looking crazy crisp. It's nice to see one that has a bit more of the tribal aspects to him.

Thanks, bro! Glad you like the red. As for the WS, a crisp white is pretty easy when you use a undercoat ;)

It's so nice to see hazard stripes on someone else than an Iron Warrior. No, seriously, the IVth Legion comes off as a bunch of flanderized shark jumpers sometimes. :tongue.:

Yeah, hazard stripes should be for everyone (except the III), not just the IV Legion.

Wicked belated comment about your Wolf good sir. I see him and think of the History Channel Series: Vikings. It's the axe, not too garish. 

Liking the Blood Angel. The hazard Stripes are funny, As if a giant chain saw sword wasn't a good enough reason to stay away...

Looking forward to the white Scar though. How do you get the ridiculously beautiful white? So smooth

Thanks, dude! A 'Vikings' feel is exactly what I was going for. Understated, but unmistakeable. 

With the hazard stripes on the chainsword I wanted pay homage to a more old school BA look. I wanted to differentiate between the current GW BA scheme and a more 30k appropriate scheme.

The WS was undercoated with GW white spray, washed with some thinned down (using Tamiya Acrylic Thinner) Nuln Oil, and then sponged with Ceramite white. The same techniques that I used on the BA, WE, IF etc.

WARNING CHAINBLADE!

Excellent Blood Angel, man :biggrin.:

Can't wait to see that White Scar either

Hahaha, thank Flint :)

They all look so good!!!

You must surely do a heresy era Ultramarine though, right?

Yeah, I'll definitely be doing an Ultramarine at some stage. I actually just bought some Macragge Blue, so a XIII Legion warrior is very likely in the near future.

Great work as always, bud. Can't wait to see how the White Scar Legionnaire turns out.

Thanks, mate! I also just bought the wash that I need to paint a Death Guard legionnaire...

Love the Angel, and really dig the tutorial you did for him. I may give that style of weathering a try for myself.

Thanks, bro! Definitely give the weathering a go. It's relatively easy to do and I think the results are pretty good.

Thanks for the tutorial. Great mini's in this log, please keep this up.

Don't worry, bro, I'll try my best to keep it all going :)

Thanks for looking ;)

The Prefector is just about finished :)

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3988_zps1s3teqet.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3990_zps4pqzqogx.jpg

Loving the prefector. Glad to see you back with the only legion worth bothering with. Your painting is too perfect to bother with the brutes of Russ or any other inferior legion which ultimately is any that isn't the 3rd :smile.:

You so need to paint eidolon :smile.:

Hahaha, thanks bro! The III will definitely always be my favourite Legion.

I've actually got the Eidolon mini. I'm planing to convert him and use him as a regular Praetor, because my Emperor's Children are loyalists. I just need to find the right weapon to represent his Paragon Blade. At the moment I'm thinking that I'll use one of the Eldar Wraithguard swords if I can get my hands on one :)

Thanks for looking and a merry Christmas to everybody ;)

Looking good, liking the really broad mix of parts and also the shading on the purity seal/oath of the moment; looks better than the little lines I normally try for the writing.

Thanks dude! Glad you like him. I find that for purity seals it's best to do a line of small dots rather than a solid line.

That silver, gold and purple are a beautiful combination as always. It's great to see you back at those wonderfully clean EC's.

Thanks, bro! I wanted to try out the Palatine blade scheme which incorporates some platinum plated armour sections. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Perfect mate. So haughty and III Legion, I love it.

Thanks, bro! I've started collecting some bits for my future Lightning Bearer... :)

Looks GREAT man! All the different legionaries look excellent as well; I've been thinking about doing something similar to get the hobby ADD out of my system :smile.: Keep it up, man!

Thanks, mate! Painting up the different Legions has been a lot of fun so far, but 18 minis all in different schemes is more work than you'd think. Very rewarding though. I'd love to see you paint up some of the other legions, especially the Emperor's Children.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/52645183.jpg

Hahaha, thanks a lot bro!

Very nice dude there, kizz. I accidentaly clicked the pic and was linked to your photobucket account. I gotta say: nice christmas beard. :wink:

Merry Christmas! :biggrin.:

Haha, the Christmas beard was last year. Unfortunately my beard isn't long enough to hold any bells this year :(

The prefector looks great, nice to see you do some work on your EC again, as much as I love all the other Legions you have been doing. I have a whole load of waithguard weapons Ingot invade I ever did an EC or AL army, I'd send you some but seeing as your on the other side of the world it would probably take ages to get to you!

Just got home from Christmas lunch and thought that I'd base up a couple of minis :)

The latest completed legionnaire in my mini March of the Legions.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3993_zpse3eu951g.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3994_zpskj0wiupt.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3995_zps2hoztsus.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3996_zpsjmk4t07e.jpg

Well, this is awkward...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3997_zpsu5pfmndg.jpg

The Palatine Prefector. I've also started assembling some squad mates for him.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3992_zps8yyr4wgl.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3991_zpsfcla0agu.jpg

The prefector looks great, nice to see you do some work on your EC again, as much as I love all the other Legions you have been doing. I have a whole load of waithguard weapons Ingot invade I ever did an EC or AL army, I'd send you some but seeing as your on the other side of the world it would probably take ages to get to you!

Thanks, bro! It was nice to paint an Emperor's Child again :)

Yeah, don't worry about the blades. I should be able to rustle one up from someone at my local store.

Merry Christmas dude :smile.: hope Santa has been kind as you've been very good on the painting :biggrin.:

Are your palatines going to be jump packing or foot slogging?

Haha, thanks mate! The Blades are going to accompany my Praetor and a Primus Medicae in the Spartan. I'm also planing to get them a Anvilus drop pod ASAP as a cheaper alternative.

Thanks for looking ;)