Thanks for the feed back :tu: 

Glorious 

Thanks, bro!

I'm surprised at how well the white works with the purple. In fact, I think it looks far better than the silver; bloody gorgeous.

Any chance you'll be throwing a Saturnine-clad character into the mix?

Thanks bro! When you say 'Saturnine-clad character' are you referring to the Saturnine Rams or something else?

Aha, probably should have clarified that better; when I refer to Saturnine, I'm referring to the fact a handful of people believe it's the old Mark I Tactical Dreadnought Armour. Greyall and KrautScientist have come up with some pretty awesome interpretations of the old suit.

That aside, still love the breachers; might have to give that painting guide a shot after ETL is finished.

Ah yeah, I've seen their excellent work on the MkI terminator armour. I recon it'd probably be beyond my ability/skill to build a convincing Saturnine armoured mini. Plus I'm not really a fan of the Saturnine design in general. I'm sure that FW could do a great job with them if they ever decided to bring them out, but at the moment I prefer the other terminator armour designs.

I find it so amazing how simple the purple is, but the results are just fantastic, you really go to show that quality paint jobs don't need to be complicated. I do wish I could bottle your talent though.

Yeah, everything I paint these days is usually pretty basic as far as techniques are concerned. I used to put a lot more time and effort into my painting, but I've come to realise that it's much easier to keep it simple and neat rather than get carried away with highlights upon highlights upon highlights. Plus keeping it simple makes it possible to actually complete a decently sized army... something that I always used to struggle with.

Give them oval shields instead of medieval ones and these breachers would look like they popped out of ancient Greece or Rome. Marvelous job, though I concur that I'd rather their loincloth be red.

Thanks a lot! I'm going to leave the loincloths black until the whole squad is painted and then make a decision on which colour to go with.

For what it's worth, I'd stick to black loincloths for the rest of the squad.

Much like the unique helm on the standard bearer, it helps the sgt to subltly stand out from the rest of his bros.

Keep up the awesome work, man! I'm loving the predominance of white on these guys. It really makes them look polished and elite. 

Thanks Flint! Like I said before I'm going to wait until the whole squad is finished before making a decision on loincloth colour. At the moment I'm leaning towards leaving the cloths black because I feel that the squad is already unique enough (with the shields, helmet plumes, white armour etc.) and that adding another unique element might be a step too far. I'm also worried about making them too colourful.

I'm of two minds about the loincloths, since it came up.

On the one hand, I don't think black suitably complements the awesome work that you're doing on these models. To me, at least, it looks a little bit unfinished and detracts from the models slightly. On the other, I do agree with Noctus and Flint in that red should be held exclusively for the Sergeant -- he should have something to make him stand out a little bit more. Perhaps a different color? Maybe a light tan or more off-white?

Anyways, it still looks awesome! I, in all sincerity, cannot wait to see the unit finished to marvel at the awesome paint job and consistent skill you always display.Keep up the awesome work! :thumbsup: (and yes, I know I used the word awesome three times in that last bit, it's just I can't think of something that sums up your awesome paint jobs better. See? Did it again.)

Thanks for the input! Regarding light tan or off-white as a colour for the loincloths I feel that that might make them a bit too similar to the large areas of white armour. If I was painting traitor Emperor's Children I'd probably go with turquoise loincloths, but I want to keep them fairly conservative as my warriors are loyalists. 

Hahaha, and thanks for the kind words :)

Sorry if it has been asked but where did you get those shields? :biggrin.:

Awesome looking dudes and great tutorial!

Thanks a lot, bro! The shields are from the Imperial Fist Phalanx Warders. I've removed the IF icon from the front of the shields and added some etched brass (FW Emperor's Children etched brass, as well as some 3rd party etched brass).

Thanks again ;)

I find it so amazing how simple the purple is, but the results are just fantastic, you really go to show that quality paint jobs don't need to be complicated. I do wish I could bottle your talent though.

Yeah, everything I paint these days is usually pretty basic as far as techniques are concerned. I used to put a lot more time and effort into my painting, but I've come to realise that it's much easier to keep it simple and neat rather than get carried away with highlights upon highlights upon highlights. Plus keeping it simple makes it possible to actually complete a decently sized army... something that I always used to struggle with.

Shush! Don't say that! :ph34r: I still have hope that my overly-complicated techniques will still allow me to complete a decent-sized army soon! (If only... :cry:)

I've started work on the next three Breachers :)

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4431_zpsbbo6bnak.jpg

Shush! Don't say that! :ph34r.: I still have hope that my overly-complicated techniques will still allow me to complete a decent-sized army soon! (If only... :cry:)

Hahahaha, sometimes I feel like I'm cheating myself when I use my more simplistic methods, but in the end it's a sacrifice that I'm willing to make to ensure that I keep finishing minis at a reasonable rate.

Thanks for looking ;)

Nioce bro, I still cant get over how smooth and crisp your whites always look!

Thanks bro! The white takes a bit of patience, so I'm looking forward to painting something a bit different once the breachers are finished.

To be honest, I was... "mildly outraged" when I saw that you didn't even highlight your white armour panels. :laugh.:

Hahahaha, I tried highlighting with some White Scar but it barely showed up, so I decided to keep it to a minimum. I did you White Scar to clean up any mistakes though.

Very pretty.

Have you figured out what you were going to run these bad boys as?

Thanks a lot! I think I'll probably just run them as regular Legion Breachers. Seems like a bit of a waste/shame, but it's definitely the easiest way to go.

At a push, you could run them as a Command Squad with Combat Shields? They're so damn awesome it'd be a shame to run them as vanilla breachers

Also, I just wanna say Kizz that your models perfectly evoke my mental image of the IIIrd Legion.....

....That said, it'd be nice to eventually get that lone Iron Hand :wink:

Three more Breachers finished! I've just started working on the last three members of the unit :)

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4438_zps273z0czn.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4439_zpsckm8fjxr.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4432_zpssw98re2u.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4433_zpsbu1zjosx.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4435_zpsjdwzln2b.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4436_zpsmhdpajr2.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4437_zpsizyyencx.jpg

10-man vet squad with power weapons? ^^

Yeah, I've considered Veterans as an option, but it'd just seem weird for the shields to not be represented in any way. Still a good option though.

if you were to play me I'd let you use them as Breachers but with ccw weapons. But then if you played me you'd auto win as I'd be drooling over your army!

Hahaha, I wished that tactic would work on my other opponents :P

At a push, you could run them as a Command Squad with Combat Shields? They're so damn awesome it'd be a shame to run them as vanilla breachers

Also, I just wanna say Kizz that your models perfectly evoke my mental image of the IIIrd Legion.....

....That said, it'd be nice to eventually get that lone Iron Hand :wink:

Thanks a lot, bro! It's always really encouraging to hear that my minis match someone's mental image of a particular Legion. 

A Command Squad is another good option, but it would limit the size of the unit. I'll have to consider it for ZM though, because the smaller unit size would be less of an issue in that setting.

The Iron Hand will happen some day. I'm still researching some ideas for the colour scheme.

Shattered Legions. Run one of your Consuls and Breachers as Ultramarines, everyone else as EC. 

Another good option that I'd considered. I've also considered just asking my opponents for permission to pay the same upgrade price to give my Emperor's Children Breachers power swords. I'll have to have a chat with the campaign organisers when I finally get the unit on the table top.

If Kizz ran them as Ultras, they'd make a fantastic proxy for Invictarus.

They would and that would be amazing, but I'd feel so dodgy trying to crowbar such a powerful unit into an army that wouldn't usually have access it. 

The man is a marvel

Hahaha, thanks a lot! Glad you like them.

Thanks for looking ;)

The problem with this, Augustus b'Raass, is that only Ultramarines get close combat weapons with their breachers. Everyone else gets a bolter.

Of course, "problem" is a hyperbole since the shield's rules mean you don't get any bonus from a close combat weapon as opposed to a bolter, so kizzdougs can use counts as.

They look good! Makes me want to finish my Athens playthrough on Rome II. :biggrin.:

Some work on the last three Breachers! Hopefully I'll be able to get them finished on the weekend :)

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4440_zpsiuyzeudy.jpg

So good! Omnomnomnomnom. Yummy.

I say just run them as normal breachers: the EC were known for their lavish ornamentation, and this unit is a prime example of this.

Thanks a lot bro! Yeah, that'll be the easiest way to go and that's what I've got planned for them at the moment.

The problem with this, Augustus b'Raass, is that only Ultramarines get close combat weapons with their breachers. Everyone else gets a bolter.

Of course, "problem" is a hyperbole since the shield's rules mean you don't get any bonus from a close combat weapon as opposed to a bolter, so kizzdougs can use counts as.

They look good! Makes me want to finish my Athens playthrough on Rome II. :biggrin.:

Yeah, the swords will probably just end up being purely aesthetic, but like you said it doesn't really matter either way due to the restrictions of the boarding shields. Glad you hear that you like the 'classical' look of the Breachers :)

Really thanks for sharing, it really goes to show what people can do when they apply themselves to the hobby. It becomes artwork.

Thanks a lot dude! That means a lot to hear that. Really glad that you like them.

What a fine looking bunch. I have no idea as what you could run them, but I do know that they must get on a table killing stuff.

Hahaha, hopefully they can perform on the table. I'll have to start writing up some Zone Mortalis lists.

God damn it they're pretty and they seem to look better the more of them there are.

Yeah, that always seems to be how it works with most units, especially if they have an unusual or particularly distinct colour scheme. I suppose quantity does have a quality of it's own...

Yup, now i know what my benchmark for my own breachers is. top work fella.

Thanks bro! Looking forward to seeing you breachers.

Those Breachers are beautiful Kizzdougs. There are simply no other words...

Nemac

Thanks mate! Glad you like how they've turned out.

I'd definitely let you go the Ultramarine-way and pay for the upgrade to Power Swords. Generally think it should be an option for all Breachers.

Alas, I neither write the rules, nor am I likely to see you across a table...

Hahaha, you never know. Stranger things have happened. I'm sure that most people won't have a problem with me paying the same price as the Ultramarines. When I do play it's usually in a fairly laid back, narrative setting, so I should be fine most of the time.

Thanks for looking ;) 

Looking good.

Yeah, the swords will probably just end up being purely aesthetic, but like you said it doesn't really matter either way due to the restrictions of the boarding shields. Glad you hear that you like the 'classical' look of the Breachers :smile.:

Just watch out for howling banshees; they'll be so jealous of your breachers' fabulous looks that they'll fight harder than ever. :tongue.: