Thanks for the kind words, everyone! :)

Awesome three heads of the Hydra.

The White Scars impersonator could use a XX somewhere.

Thanks a lot! Glad you like them. I didn’t want to make his true allegiance too obvious… well more obvious than blue armour showing through the White Scar colours. If I decide to take this project further and paint up some ‘White Scar’ allies for my Alpha’s I’ll probably try out some different ways of indicating their hidden allegiance.

Wicked!

Thanks! Glad you like it!

One of these White Scars is not what he seems...

LVqyUG6.jpg

I bet it's the guy with the beekee helmet. Everyone thinks he's dead. But in reality he's just lying in his murder hole, waiting patiently to spring his finely planned trap!

Hahaha, busted! He’s been laying there in Sus-an Membrane induced suspended animation for years, just waiting to be activated.

if you will do a squad of these i recommend to use a different amount of blue chipping and probably most chipping on the squadleader

Thanks for the suggestion.

Fantastic work on white scars! And my I point out how amazing the terrain looks on ^^D

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I was lucky enough to play on some fantastic tables.

Silky smooth. :yes:

Thanks a lot, bro! Also, welcome back!

Hot damn, that is sublime! Fantastic work, as usual! :smile.:

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated.

Thanks for looking ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Cracking paintjob on a great miniature. Night Lords poke a soft spot in me, as you might imagine. 

Too bad about the grenande dispenser though... it's a shame the kit is already deteriorating so much that it can hold its own against a SM vehicle sprue smoke launcher...

Awesome progress since I last checked your thread (should do it more often haha :sweat:). Especially the Destroyer Terminator, and the sneeky three heads of the Hydra :wub: ! I think I asked already - you just use tamiya clear blue over metallic for your Alpha Legion, right?

The Night Lord is finished! Hope you like him :)

IEY4sQ4.jpg

ln7CQ5j.jpg

FfHJUu6.jpg

Bs5r7QI.jpg

NnAkDLv.jpg

FU7dQWb.jpg

j6zD3wo.jpg

Qg9U3UB.jpg

Rejw28p.jpg

7Mg5UVF.jpg

EXOL8zr.jpg

XVPkpFd.jpg

Cracking work, as ever. The scratches in particular, are well done.

Thanks a lot! I'm having a lot of fun with the chipping fluid.

I love it. That's a Lightning Claw from a Cataphractii on that Tartaros isn't it? I love the articulated fingers of the Cataphractii terminators' Lightning Claws far, far more than the "back of the hand" mounted ones the Tartaros have.

Yes it is. I cut the Cataphractii lightning claw and a Tartaros power fist below the elbow and glued them together.

YES A NIGHT LORD! MY FAVORITE LEGION AND THAT TERMINATOR LOOKS LIKE HOW A NIGHT LORD SHOULD LOOK LIKE. YOU DIDNT POST SO OFTEN BUT THIS REEDEMS YOUR ACTIONS! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOU THIS DUDE!!!

Glad you like him!

Cracking paintjob on a great miniature. Night Lords poke a soft spot in me, as you might imagine. 

Too bad about the grenande dispenser though... it's a shame the kit is already deteriorating so much that it can hold its own against a SM vehicle sprue smoke launcher...

Thanks a lot bro, really glad you like him as a NL aficionado. 

The Terminators are well-painted and weathered.

Thanks very much!

The Night Lord is excellent! The blue is sublime and I love the extra plates of armor.

Thanks a lot bro, glad you like the blue and the extra armour. I used the FW Moritat model as inspiration for the extra armour.

Awesome progress since I last checked your thread (should do it more often haha :sweat:). Especially the Destroyer Terminator, and the sneeky three heads of the Hydra :wub: ! I think I asked already - you just use tamiya clear blue over metallic for your Alpha Legion, right?

Thanks a lot, glad you like them! I used the Clear Blue over a metallic pre-shade for my Alpharius model, but all of my other Alphas are painted with Tamiya Light Metallic Blue spray paint (TS54).

Thanks for looking ;)

I really dig the white stripes and of course the added brutality of the cataphractii claw. My only, extremely subjective thing I'd like to see more of is the lightning. I find the less highlighted the blue, the more lightning can be used. Then again, I know a lot of people enjoy a more restrained look.

Seriously in love with the blue you have. I also forgot that the moritat has the extra plates. I think you made it look perfect.

Also, what size is that chain you are using?

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like the extra armour plates. I think the chain is 32 links per inch.

I really dig the white stripes and of course the added brutality of the cataphractii claw. My only, extremely subjective thing I'd like to see more of is the lightning. I find the less highlighted the blue, the more lightning can be used. Then again, I know a lot of people enjoy a more restrained look.

Thanks bro! I kept the lightning pretty limited because I'm not very good at painting it and didn't want to ruin the mini. I probably would have added some more if I was more confident in my ability to make it look good.

Excellent work. Is that Night Lords Terminator an Atramentar or other elite?

Thanks a lot! It's based on some home made rules from the Mournival Events Facebook page. 

Hnqrm6f.jpg

The rules were inspired by my Blood Angel Destroyer, so I thought it was only fair to paint up a new Terminator Destroyer to reflect the Mournival Even rules.

THIS IS HOW NL SHOULD LOOK LIKE!!!

Glad you like him!

Looking great as usual my friend.

Couple of queries:

1) where do you get your destroyer decals from?

2) would you mind sharing the recipe for your EC metallic purple? I’ve searched your blog and can’t seem to find a run down!

Keep being awesome

Cadmus

The Destroyer decals are from the Sons of Horus transfer sheet and the metallic Emperor's Children are painted with Daler Rowney Acrylic Artists Ink, Purple Lake, over a metallic base coat.

Thanks for looking ;)

The Night Lords Terminator is looking fantastic, as per your usual, stellar standard. There's one little thing that bothers me, though: The base is all reddish sand and rock, yet his feet and legs are stark blue, as though he had simply been plonked down on that piece of soil (which, in all fairness, is precisely what happened). I'd add some of the red to the feet and greaves -- or did you want him to look as though he just teleported in?

Anyway, first class work! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just painted up a test mini for some Ruinstorm allies.

I wanted the base to look as if the ground splits, and blood and skulls rise to the surface, wherever the daemon treads, as the veil between the warp and reality thins. I hope you like how it turned out.

SLmEwu2.jpg

gct8lfG.jpg?1

tmGtPZp.jpg

hTSKOJZ.jpg

ha2z2pu.jpg

MFgFgJi.jpg

gnFaJ3Y.jpg

FI2nzvP.jpg

RyVIeTp.jpg

SwnuPOP.jpg

Amazing as always!

How did you do the base please? Would provide a nice contrast for my Orks :smile.:

Hey mate, sorry for the late reply. Here are the tutorials for my bases: base building and base painting. Hope that helps.

Your lightning is fine, particularly the stuff on the leg. My only real trick aside from width of lines was having a lot of irregularities in my arcs, but I also did mine more in a sheet of arcs rather than bolts.

Yeah, variation in size would definitely improve it.

Love that Heavy Destroyer! Awesome concept too!

Thanks a lot! Glad you like him.

The Night Lords Terminator is looking fantastic, as per your usual, stellar standard. There's one little thing that bothers me, though: The base is all reddish sand and rock, yet his feet and legs are stark blue, as though he had simply been plonked down on that piece of soil (which, in all fairness, is precisely what happened). I'd add some of the red to the feet and greaves -- or did you want him to look as though he just teleported in?

Anyway, first class work! :smile.:

Thanks bro! There is actually weathering powder and oil paints around his legs and other areas too, I just probably didn't go as hard as I have on other minis.

Words really are t enough to even explain the envy I have towards you Kizz

Thanks a lot bro, and welcome back.

Thanks for looking :wink:

Edited by Kizzdougs