The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

I love the way the shields' brass etch details in the pic with the three Breachers are a pretty close match to the Forge World armor detailing -- I'm looking at the plastron on the left and the shield in the middle. 

I also really like the Alpha Legionnaire done with Light Blue Metallic spray washed with Clear Green.  And the weathering really ties that whole model together.  Keep up the good work!

Wendigo

After finally slogging through all 74 pages of this, I never thought I would say this, but I am in love with your EC's. The purple and white are gorgeous and the poses and bases bring them all together. I kinda want to see what you do with the Phoenix Guards and how the rest of your EC breachers come out. All in all, 10/10 army for the EC. I also love what you have done with the models representing each legion. Keep up the good work and.... MOAR EC!!

Looking forward to seeing your work during the ETL. Good luck with it!

Thanks, bro! I've just started priming my first vow :D

Been an absolute pleasure spending some time to catch up kizz, those breachers are going to be incredible man! 

Thanks, dude! Glad you're enjoying it :)

I love the way the shields' brass etch details in the pic with the three Breachers are a pretty close match to the Forge World armor detailing -- I'm looking at the plastron on the left and the shield in the middle. 

I also really like the Alpha Legionnaire done with Light Blue Metallic spray washed with Clear Green.  And the weathering really ties that whole model together.  Keep up the good work!

Wendigo

Thanks a lot! Good to hear that you like the shields and the Alpha legionnaire :)

After finally slogging through all 74 pages of this, I never thought I would say this, but I am in love with your EC's. The purple and white are gorgeous and the poses and bases bring them all together. I kinda want to see what you do with the Phoenix Guards and how the rest of your EC breachers come out. All in all, 10/10 army for the EC. I also love what you have done with the models representing each legion. Keep up the good work and.... MOAR EC!!

Thanks mate! And thanks for taking the time to look through all 74 pages. A lot of people seem to be surprised when they find themselves liking the Emperor's Children (and I find it strange when they don't). At this stage all of my ETL vows with be Emperor's Children this year, so you can look forward to seeing some more soon :tu:

Dying to see how you paint these bad boys up. Have you considered a dark metallic for them like the reaper adamantium black kind of color?

Are you suggesting that I paint my Emperor's Children like Iron Hands?!? Haha, I'm planing to go with a scheme similar to the Tartaros armoured Praetor. So mostly white :)

I second this! I can't find your Iron Warriors tut....

Only half of the legion minis that I've painted have tutorials, and the Iron Warriors are not amongst them. Fortunately they're also the easiest Legion to paint. Here are some links:

Legions without tutorials:

World Eaters

Iron Warriors

Sons of Horus

The Rout

Imperial Fists

Night Lords

Thousand Sons

White Scars

Legions with tutorials:

Blood Angels

Death Guard

Emperor's Children

Salamanders

Ultramarines

Raven Guard

Word Bearers

Alpha Legion

Thanks for looking ;)

I made a start on my first ETL vow whilst listening to the latest Eye of Horus Podcast episode. I usually just batch paint these days, but I decided to paint the sergeant individually just to see if the white/purple scheme worked. I'm considering repainting the loincloth a nice crimson, but I can't decide...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4388_zps7ix2s2zz.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4389_zpsn9zprsjh.jpg

What do you guys/gals think of the colour scheme?

Lol not like Iron Hands for their flesh was weak. Like dis- http://wilhelminiatures.blogspot.com/2015/11/fulgrim-slaanesh-emperors-children.html

I apologize if I posted this improperly. I saw these a little while back and could see your EC breachers in a similar fashion.

Yeah, I've seen those Emperor's Children before, they're pretty awesome, especially the Fulgrim conversion. The only issue is that the scheme suits traitor EC much better than it suits loyalists.

I just spent a few happy hours going through this entire thread.  Everything is spectacular and I'm really loving the BA scheme. I may just have to revamp my own scheme from this.

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like the thread and the Blood Angels colour scheme :)

Amazing EC Breachers! :biggrin.:

Thanks a lot bro :tu:

Thanks for looking ;)

The white and purple looks stunning, in my opinion. That's one of the best EC models I've ever seen. I do think the red loincloth would possibly look better. It looks a little dark in the middle. But either way, lovely model.

Is the purple painted differently to the purple in your EC tutorial? It looks a lot darker. I prefer it, personally.

Edited by fire golem

My word Kizz, that white! I think the loincloth deffo needs that crimson pop to finish him off. I've finally commited to Emp's Children for my Heresy army, and with seeing more of yours I know I've made the right choice!

I made a start on my first ETL vow whilst listening to the latest Eye of Horus Podcast episode. I usually just batch paint these days, but I decided to paint the sergeant individually just to see if the white/purple scheme worked. I'm considering repainting the loincloth a nice crimson, but I can't decide...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4388_zps7ix2s2zz.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4389_zpsn9zprsjh.jpg

What do you guys/gals think of the colour scheme?

Lol not like Iron Hands for their flesh was weak. Like dis- http://wilhelminiatures.blogspot.com/2015/11/fulgrim-slaanesh-emperors-children.html

I apologize if I posted this improperly. I saw these a little while back and could see your EC breachers in a similar fashion.

Yeah, I've seen those Emperor's Children before, they're pretty awesome, especially the Fulgrim conversion. The only issue is that the scheme suits traitor EC much better than it suits loyalists.

I just spent a few happy hours going through this entire thread.  Everything is spectacular and I'm really loving the BA scheme. I may just have to revamp my own scheme from this.

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like the thread and the Blood Angels colour scheme :smile.:

Amazing EC Breachers! :biggrin.:

Thanks a lot bro :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking :wink:

That breacher is absolutely amazing, one of the best EC models I've seen! Regarding the loin cloth, I'd be inclined to suggest maybe a green? It would tie in with the other details on the model (eyes, shield details) but still give you that splash of colour.

I would expand on the green loincloth and perhaps suggest aquamarine. It'll have the softness to compliment the white, yet contrast with both white and purple. Just a thought.

Loving the white brother, now with the loincloth I think a deep scarlet red with maybe yellow gold flourishes would pop well.

Good thing etl is here, these guys will need the artificer award for sure! I'll also be nearly ready to visit now I'm pushing out my militia

Sweet Slaanesh, you continue to amaze.

Yeah deffo go with red. Although... The white is quite overwelming and I fear that perhaps the red loin cloth combined with the white would overpower the purple completely. It'd almost be as if the purple is the spot colour, only it's quite dark. This might be something to consider in your choice.

Keep it up. :tu: