The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

Thanks a lot everybody! The breacher got a much warmer reception than I expected. He definitely isn't one of my better paint jobs, but the white/purple scheme seems to have worked out really well. I'm hoping to make a start on the rest of the squad soon :)

The white and purple looks stunning, in my opinion. That's one of the best EC models I've ever seen. I do think the red loincloth would possibly look better. It looks a little dark in the middle. But either way, lovely model.

Is the purple painted differently to the purple in your EC tutorial? It looks a lot darker. I prefer it, personally.

Wow! Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like how he turned out. The purple in my EC tutorial is different to the purple that I've used in my army. For my army, this guy included, I use Xereus Purple as the base, I then black line it with some watered down Abaddon Black and finish it off with a Geenesteeler Purple highlight.

My word Kizz, that white! I think the loincloth deffo needs that crimson pop to finish him off. I've finally commited to Emp's Children for my Heresy army, and with seeing more of yours I know I've made the right choice!

Great to hear that you'll be doing some Emperor's Children! They're definitely a painter's army and we're lucky enough to have some of the best FW HH sculpts so far. Looking forward to seeing your EC :tu:

Kizz, that breacher is absolutely incredible :ohmy.: That purple and white scheme is one of the coolest things I've ever seen! 

Thanks a lot dude! Really glad to hear that.

I made a start on my first ETL vow whilst listening to the latest Eye of Horus Podcast episode. I usually just batch paint these days, but I decided to paint the sergeant individually just to see if the white/purple scheme worked. I'm considering repainting the loincloth a nice crimson, but I can't decide...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4388_zps7ix2s2zz.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4389_zpsn9zprsjh.jpg

What do you guys/gals think of the colour scheme?

Lol not like Iron Hands for their flesh was weak. Like dis- http://wilhelminiatures.blogspot.com/2015/11/fulgrim-slaanesh-emperors-children.html

I apologize if I posted this improperly. I saw these a little while back and could see your EC breachers in a similar fashion.

Yeah, I've seen those Emperor's Children before, they're pretty awesome, especially the Fulgrim conversion. The only issue is that the scheme suits traitor EC much better than it suits loyalists.

I just spent a few happy hours going through this entire thread.  Everything is spectacular and I'm really loving the BA scheme. I may just have to revamp my own scheme from this.

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like the thread and the Blood Angels colour scheme :smile.:

Amazing EC Breachers! :biggrin.:

Thanks a lot bro :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking :wink:

That breacher is absolutely amazing, one of the best EC models I've seen! Regarding the loin cloth, I'd be inclined to suggest maybe a green? It would tie in with the other details on the model (eyes, shield details) but still give you that splash of colour.

Thanks for the kind words! You're right, he does need some more colour and green would look great, but I'm leaning towards the red because I've used it on a few other minis as a sign of rank and I'd like to keep things consistent.

Sweet mother of Pearl that is nice!!

The white enamel /platinum is cool, and makes him really sand out from the crowd.

Thanks bro! I'm going to use the white heavily throughout the squad to give them a real veteran/elite feel. It also nicely ties them to Terra and the Imperial court.

Wonderfull mix of purple and white! I think you are right, painting the loincloth crimson would look better. Or... OR, how about a royal blue or a cream colour?

Thanks a lot bro! I might have to try repainting the loincloth tomorrow, although I am leaning towards red for the sake of consistency (a few other officers and Contemptors have red as a spot colour).

Dang... That is a stunning rendition. The Crimson would look solid with that beautiful model.

Thanks bro! Glad you like him.

Crimson and/or cream, I think, would look good, but I also think that the helmet crest should match if you choose to go that route. Just my two cents. He looks really good.

Thanks bro! I don't think I'll be changing the helmet crest, although a red crest would be pretty striking. I'm definitely considering the crimson cloth though.

I agree with everyone else, the loincloth would pop more against the purple and white if it was a crimson or a cream/bone type color. All in all, the breacher looks great! 

Thanks a lot! I think cream would be too similar to the white of the armour, but crimson is definitely a chance.

I would expand on the green loincloth and perhaps suggest aquamarine. It'll have the softness to compliment the white, yet contrast with both white and purple. Just a thought.

If I ever do some Traitor Emperor's Children (which is more and more likely the more I read of The Path of Heaven) I'll definitely use aquamarine as the spot colour. It contrasts so well with the purple and gold. For my loyalist I want to keep it a bit more traditional.

Beautiful breacher!!:wub.:  I'd also echo the idea of going with a red loincloth as cream might be too bright and too close to white.

Thanks bro! I like the way you think regarding the loincloth.

That looks great man. I like the dark look of him, I'd keep the black loin cloth instead of red.

Thanks bro! I think I'll give the red a go, and if it doesn't work out it'll be really easy to repaint the black.

Loving the white brother, now with the loincloth I think a deep scarlet red with maybe yellow gold flourishes would pop well.

Good thing etl is here, these guys will need the artificer award for sure! I'll also be nearly ready to visit now I'm pushing out my militia

Yeah, I like it. Great to see the awesome progress on your Militia :tu:

Sweet Slaanesh, you continue to amaze.

Yeah deffo go with red. Although... The white is quite overwelming and I fear that perhaps the red loin cloth combined with the white would overpower the purple completely. It'd almost be as if the purple is the spot colour, only it's quite dark. This might be something to consider in your choice.

Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that was my fear (too many bright colours, he is a loyalist after all). I think I'll try the red tomorrow because even if I don't like it, it'll be relatively easy to repaint the black

...Kizz...

Please...

@_@ 

Hahaha, glad you like him!

Absolutely stunning mate. 

Thanks a lot dude!

It's perfect as is, the black is a really nice contrast to the white armour. Seriously I need to see more models painted this way, please do the rest and then re-do your palatines because I love this scheme

Hahaha, no chance that I'll redo the Palatine Blades...

I'm going to try the red, but if it doesn't work I wont hesitate to repaint the black.

Wow, way to crack your first vow right in the jaw! Looks amazing :smile.: I'd keep the cloth black. Make that white crack like it does.

Thanks a lot bro! Great to see some progress on your Titan in the ETL thread :tu:

It's great work as always mate, however my initial reaction is it is too white, perhaps it's because of the hefty pads and fist! I'd maybe consider making the shield purple or putting a stripe down the middle.

Perhaps because he is the Sgt, you could leave more white on him, and more purple on the troops. Leave the shins purple rather than white...

I'd certainly go for the red cloth, it's the colour they wear to war after all. I think it just needs a little colour as its slightly monochrome with the black...

A bit late to the party as well, but I thought I'd give my 10 pence worth...

Personally, I feel the white dominates too much. Yeah, some white here and there works, but I feel like there's too much white on this breacher.

As for the loincloth, I have to agree that a nice crimson would work wonderfully with the mini.

I've finally changed the loin cloth to red and I've also made some good progress on the next three Legionnaires.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4393_zpsiafmmh6j.jpg http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4390_zpseumoabbj.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4392_zps25vkdoqz.jpghttp://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4391_zpsn0gwrfvu.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4394_zpseiunhwuo.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4403_zpsknsri4rt.jpg

I'm a bit late to the party, but the white and purple paintjob is indeed fantastic! On a related note, here's another vote for a red loincloth! :smile.:

Thanks a lot bro, glad you like the scheme and I hope you like how the red cloth turned out.

Fantastic work on the sergeant! Here's another vote for the red loincloth too.

Thanks mate! Hope you approve of the change.

It's great work as always mate, however my initial reaction is it is too white, perhaps it's because of the hefty pads and fist! I'd maybe consider making the shield purple or putting a stripe down the middle.

Perhaps because he is the Sgt, you could leave more white on him, and more purple on the troops. Leave the shins purple rather than white...

I'd certainly go for the red cloth, it's the colour they wear to war after all. I think it just needs a little colour as its slightly monochrome with the black...

Thanks mate! Yeah, it's definitely different to the usual Emperor's Children scheme, but that's what I was going for. I was originally considering painting them almost completely white with only a small amount of purple, but that sounded to much like hard work. 

A bit late to the party as well, but I thought I'd give my 10 pence worth...

Personally, I feel the white dominates too much. Yeah, some white here and there works, but I feel like there's too much white on this breacher.

As for the loincloth, I have to agree that a nice crimson would work wonderfully with the mini.

Thanks bro. Yeah, it's pretty difficult to stop large areas of white from dominating any scheme they're used in. Hopefully once the squad is fully painted and ranked up, the white scheme will come together a bit more.

Kizz, the White is amazing. Now he's painted I've come round on him a lot more, the very regal paint job works nicley with the pose.

Thanks bro! I hope you like the scheme on the new breachers as well.

Thanks for looking ;)

The crimson loin cloth is much better, it looked kinda unfinished in black. I didn't expect to ever see such convincing EC Breachers, but man you really delivered there. They're perfect

The red makes all the difference dude! It breaks up the white nicely! You've pulled this one out of the bag so to speak. The different angles also show the White isnt all encompassing.

Really like the new marines too, this is going to be an epic unit!! Going to have to come up with something jazzier...

Red is definitely the way to go, brotha! They are looking excellent. The Palatine Blades might be my favorite group of FW models, and you are nailing it! Even better when they have breacher shields! 

The next three Breachers are nearly finished. I'm hoping to apply the decals tonight and then finish off the shields and the final details over the next couple of days. I've also started working on some fluff/background for them...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4419_zps2der42bw.jpg

10 out of 10. 'Nuff said :wink:

Thanks a lot bro! :)

The red makes all the difference mate, looks awesome!

Thanks dude, I'm pretty happy with how the red turned out. I'll probably leave the cloths on the other breachers black, and just have the sergeant in red. But then again I'm quite likely to change my mind at the end anyway...

It looks great in red! I like the combination of white and purple, it really marks them out as a special or veteran unit.

Thanks bro! That's the exact effect I was hoping for.

Please guess us a guide for that cloth. Those are frickin awesome.

I'm going to do a step by step for one of the regular breachers, but I didn't take any WIP pics of the red cloth on the sergeant unfortunately.

The colours I used: I started with a base coat of a 2/1 mix of Khorne Red and Xereus Purple. I then washed this base coat with Druchii Violet and highlighted it with pure Korne Red. I finished it off with a highlight using Blood Red.

Yup, looks even better with the red. The next three are coming along nicely too.

Thanks a lot bro, glad you like them!

That banner bearer looks fantastic!
Rest of them are on point as well.
Really like white armor, is it several thinned layers over a grey undercoat?

Thanks bro! The white is a 2/1 mix of White Scar and Celestra Grey. I had to paint two watered down coats to get a solid finish and then I 'black lined' it with some watered down Mechanicus Standard Grey. I'm planing to finish it off with a White Scar highlight, but I haven't got there yet. I'm going to leave the white until last of all because it's so difficult to keep the white clean while painting other parts of the mini. You'll be able to see the process when I post the step by step pics.

The crimson loin cloth is much better, it looked kinda unfinished in black. I didn't expect to ever see such convincing EC Breachers, but man you really delivered there. They're perfect

Thanks for the kind words! I agree regarding the red cloth. I'm much happier with how it looks now.

The crimson works perfectly! While I love the Sergeant with the powerfist, I have to say the far left breacher in the trio-picture is my favourite :smile.:

Yeah, I definitely agree. Some of the regular breachers look much better than the sergeant and vexilla bearer. The gladius/shield combo suits the fluidity of the Palatine Blade minis much better.

I love you... I love this thread... I love these minis.

Thanks bro, back at you!

Wow, they look so pretty! :wub.: :wub.: :wub.:

I hate you a little. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Hahaha, thanks bro! Still waiting for you to try your hand at some III Legion pretties. I recon you'd kill it ;)

The red makes all the difference dude! It breaks up the white nicely! You've pulled this one out of the bag so to speak. The different angles also show the White isnt all encompassing.

Really like the new marines too, this is going to be an epic unit!! Going to have to come up with something jazzier...

Thanks bro! I'll post some better pics once they're all done. If you see them from behind there is definitely much more purple on them than you can see from the front. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Those are really excellent, you understand the aesthetic of the 3rd Legion so well. As a result of making them so pretty, they do look almost too dainty to be breachers! However rule of cool.

Thanks a lot bro! I take that as a great compliment. Whenever I paint a legionary I always try my best to capture the aesthetic of which ever Legion he hails from. I've also started working on some fluff for them. They won't be your average down and dirty breacher unit, more of an elite bodyguard unit.

Red is definitely the way to go, brotha! They are looking excellent. The Palatine Blades might be my favorite group of FW models, and you are nailing it! Even better when they have breacher shields! 

Thanks a lot bro! Yeah the Emperor's Children are blessed with some of the nicest minis produced by FW, and the Palatine Blades are a definite standout. They're a real pleasure to paint and lend them selves really nicely to the painting style that I've been using for the army.

Thanks for looking ;)