http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4447_zpsitrbbeif.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4442_zpscc7h0dlh.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4443_zpsip5od9bk.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4444_zpseo1yddde.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4445_zpsuoegqy8a.jpg

Delightful as always. :tongue.:

Thanks a lot, bro!

Looking good.

Yeah, the swords will probably just end up being purely aesthetic, but like you said it doesn't really matter either way due to the restrictions of the boarding shields. Glad you hear that you like the 'classical' look of the Breachers :smile.:

Just watch out for howling banshees; they'll be so jealous of your breachers' fabulous looks that they'll fight harder than ever. :tongue.:

Hahaha, their power swords would make an absolute mess of the Breachers...

Thanks for looking ;)

Time for another ETL Vow!

I've had these Phoenix Terminators sitting around for a while and the ETL seems like a great opportunity to have a go at getting them painted up. The main reason that I haven't painted them earlier is that they don't fit my Loyalist themed army. I probably won't use them for gaming against other Legions, but against Xenos or Militia in non campaign games I might give them a go :)

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4448_zpsu6hidbvn.jpg

And the best idea in the world has paid off! Just superb brother

Thanks for the inspiration, bro! Glad you like how they turned out :)

Absolutely fantastic!

Thanks a lot, dude!

Well that looks just amazing, brother. So what's next on your list?

Thanks, mate! Next up are the Phoenix Terminators.

:jawdrop:

Hahaha, thanks bro!

Amazing. So crisp, so cohesive.

So jealous. Well done sir!

Thanks heaps, bro! Really glad you like them.

Thanks for looking ;)

I'm fairly certain the Emperor's Children visual appearance corrupted rather dramatically over a short period of time, hence kizzdougs' comment. That and Fabius Bile was experimenting on a large chunk of the legion, so his surgical alterations (such as Eidolon's vocal chord modification, for instance) became more present.

Also, weren't the Phoenix Guard slaughtered to a few men? That aside, I'm looking forward to this. c:

Those breachers are lush mate, utterly lush. Very inspiring for my Palatine Blades ;) Looking forward to the Phoenix Guard Terminators as well, they're a favourite unit of mine.

I'm fairly certain the Emperor's Children visual appearance corrupted rather dramatically over a short period of time, hence kizzdougs' comment. That and Fabius Bile was experimenting on a large chunk of the legion, so his surgical alterations (such as Eidolon's vocal chord modification, for instance) became more present.

Also, weren't the Phoenix Guard slaughtered to a few men? That aside, I'm looking forward to this. c:

Cheers Isinfier

Thanks everyone! :)

With all this, I may enter an EC coma! Too much awesome

Hahaha, surely that's a good thing... I suppose that depends on whether it's a Slaanesh induced coma...

The Breachers look great as always. Nice to see you paint some Phoenix terminators, such gorgeous models. They could also represent a faction of your army during the great crusade.

Thanks a lot, bro! Yeah I'll use the Phoenix Guard in pre Heresy/Great Crusade games or if I'm asked to play Traitors at a campaign day.

My knowledge on HH EC doesn't extend much beyond the first couple novels with them...so why wouldn't they fit in? Anyway, can't wait to see what you do with them!

They're a legal option in a Loyalist army according to the rules, but I don't think that they fit with the fluff. There were only every two hundred Phoenix Guard at anytime (to represent the two hundred EC that were all that was left of the Legion when Fulgrim was found) and they were the hand picked bodyguard of the Primarch, so I can't really justify a unit of them turning against Fulgrim and remaining loyal to the Emperor. Any that might have stayed loyal would probably have been slain by their fellow Phoenix Guard warriors.

Yeah, the visual and physical corruption is another important aspect. If I was to build/paint some Traitor Emperor's Children I'd want to convert them up quite a bit and the paint job would probably be quite different. I'm not sure how many casualties they sustained at Istvaan V, but I'm sure they would have been fairly heavy in the fighting against the Morlocks. Of course they could simply recruit/promote new warriors.

I dont think I can like this enough

top stuff

Hahaha, thanks a lot! 

Those breachers are lush mate, utterly lush. Very inspiring for my Palatine Blades :wink: Looking forward to the Phoenix Guard Terminators as well, they're a favourite unit of mine.

Great to hear, bro! I'm looking forward to painting the Phoenix Guard, they have such amazing detail all over them.

I'm pressing the like button so hard, but it will only allow me once. Seriously, if you'd post a picture of each of these in seperate posts, you'd have gotten all of my likes, Sir. Top notch stuff. Wow.

Hahaha, I'll post some individual pics of the Breachers once I've written some fluff for them. I've had some good ideas, but now I need to actually write them down...

Thanks again ;)

Stunning, truely stunning and I can't wait to see the Phoenix termies appear.

But at the same time, I really want to see you finish off the last two legions.

I'm all set to steal your style of painting word bearers, but interested to see your Dark Angel method before commiting to painting the red...

Chris

I've made some progress on the Phoenix Guard. So far they've been so much easier to paint than the Breachers. The lack of white so far has made things much more enjoyable...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4449_zpsjudfawx9.jpg

So buddy here's my deal... you get yourself a Knight and I'll bring 5 Imperial knights to fight you deal?

I definitely need to get myself a super heavy of some sort, but I'm not really a huge fan of Imperial Knights. I've never really been a fan of mechs/robots etc. But I definitely need to get my hands on a super heavy.

Bloody unreal. Kudos sir. 

Thanks a lot bro!

Stunning, truely stunning and I can't wait to see the Phoenix termies appear.

But at the same time, I really want to see you finish off the last two legions.

I'm all set to steal your style of painting word bearers, but interested to see your Dark Angel method before commiting to painting the red...

Chris

Thanks, dude! I'm still thinking about the Dark Angels and Iron Hands, but I won't be doing anything for them until after the ETL.

Stunning breachers, beyond amazing. Very much looking forward to the Phoenix Terminators as those are some of my favourite models :smile.:

Thanks heaps! The Phoenix Terminators have been an absolute treat to paint so far. I'm really looking forward to painting all of the amazing detail.

Thanks for looking ;)

Bloody amazing...just nice rich colours that eschews what they should be...prideful, each one carefully washing down the armour after each sortie is over, washing down and waxing and polishing their armour to the fullest