The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

Your soh are awesome kizz, I really need to learn how to do preshading, the best I can do is zenithal right now lol.

Is the banner from an aos kit? I've found there's some really good stuff, especially for the more savage/barbaric legions in the newer chaos and destruction factions

Good to hear that you're planning to add some more Alphas! What is the main issue that you're having with your colour scheme at the moment?

The problem was more in the execution - like having one marine (literally) fall out of the squad. On the colour scheme, it's fine, just a bit more different from yours than expected, so I am mulling over whether I should try to bring it back more closely (buying a few paints, delay a few days for trip to hobby shop) or just wing it with the stuff I've got.

Looking forward to the new biker. For paragon blade why not Abaddon's? Someone might even have a spare if they built him with the combi-bolter. Or are you looking for more of a cavalry style sabre, something more curved like a scimitar, for the biker? Shame no forgeworld Whitescar characters out yet, but would Suberei's do?

Edited by LameBeard

I've made a start on the Praetor :)

srMjFLL.jpg

U5bUWA9.jpg

jjfR23p.jpg

Hopefully I'll get some more work done tomorrow.

Oh hell yeah!

Glad you like it!

Your soh are awesome kizz, I really need to learn how to do preshading, the best I can do is zenithal right now lol.

Is the banner from an aos kit? I've found there's some really good stuff, especially for the more savage/barbaric legions in the newer chaos and destruction factions

Thanks a lot bro! Yeah, the standard is made up from an old space marine back-banner, a chaos star from the Warriors of Chaos chariots kit, the skulls are from the Skull-cannon kit, and the Eye of Horus is FW etched brass.

Yes, exactly that, pre shading! And the vexila looks amazing, as well as the praetor bike. I'm not sure about a "trophy" weapon as a paragon blade though, maybe something more hook-shaped, like the Ashen Circle axes or something in the line?

Thanks for the suggestion! I've decided to go with an nasty looking sword from the Chaos Raptors kit.

Good to hear that you're planning to add some more Alphas! What is the main issue that you're having with your colour scheme at the moment?

The problem was more in the execution - like having one marine (literally) fall out of the squad. On the colour scheme, it's fine, just a bit more different from yours than expected, so I am mulling over whether I should try to bring it back more closely (buying a few paints, delay a few days for trip to hobby shop) or just wing it with the stuff I've got.

Looking forward to the new biker. For paragon blade why not Abaddon's? Someone might even have a spare if they built him with the combi-bolter. Or are you looking for more of a cavalry style sabre, something more curved like a scimitar, for the biker? Shame no forgeworld Whitescar characters out yet, but would Suberei's do?

Sorry to hear that bro. It can be pretty challenging to figure out/come up with a new colour scheme.

Yeah, a sabre would be fantastic. I think there are some sabre type blades in the FW power weapon set.

That bike is looking great, but that icon is just something else. Its certainly eye catching and shouts of heresy

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like the icon.

That bike is looking great, but that icon is just something else. Its certainly eye catching and shouts of heresy

Da Dum Tish! Love it! I think I have that bit from some Khorne Warrior box and the more I think about it I want to steal the idea.

The standard is made up from an old space marine back-banner, a chaos star from the Warriors of Chaos chariots kit, the skulls are from the Skull-cannon kit, and the Eye of Horus is FW etched brass.

Loving the vexilla, really nice composition.

Thanks a lot, dude!

Holy hell. That praetor is going to be amazing! I can't wait to see more!

Thanks, bro! Hope you like how he's looking at the moment!

Thanks for looking ;)

Some more work on the character. Hopefully I'll be able to start adding the decals, tomorrow :)

VKG43oA.jpg

eadRYt9.jpg

9TJ3iC3.jpg

1JD4Bbk.jpg

U3XZkZM.jpg

OJWLRyT.jpg

euM4hSl.jpg

Oh man. There will be no mistaking that guy for a boss! How did you paint the black?

Thanks bro! The black is Tamiya Flat Black, Nato Grey, Neutral Grey, and Nuln Oil through an airbrush.

I love the glow effect on the cybernetic eye. Holy crap that's amazing!

Thanks bro! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

HAsta La Vista, baby! 

THe Praetor looks great. :smile.:

Hahaha, glad you like how he's looking :tu:

Thanks for looking ;)

That Praetor is looking fantastic! The black is so nice, and the red on the pad is awesome.

There is just one thing about the helmet: whereas the face really attracts the focus of attention, I fear the helmet might not pop up as much, since the torso "neckplate" and the faceplate of the helmet on the rack have the same/very similar colours. Probably with the miniature completely assembled it will not be like this, but the first picture with the helmet gave me that sensation.

Exceptional work, I much prefer the helmet; it's very unique and has a rather sinister feel to it. The gradients in the gold are well done, both on the Praetor and Salamander helmet.

While I generally agree that marines should be wearing helmets and that one is a very fine specimen, the bare head with the metal skull is a great sculpt and the paint job is spot on.

How did you manage to do the natural eye?

Edited by Quixus

The Praetor's already looking amazing! I'd definitely keep the bare face, as the paintjob is just fantastic, or switch to a different helmet: The one you have now doesn't really look all that interesting, plus the gold really blurs together with all that gold on the chestplate, as has already been pointed out.

EDIT: How about the topknot helmet from the SoH Legion Command pack?!

Edited by KrautScientist

I quite like the helmet, but it does need a topknot....

I can see the issue with the gorget blending it in, I'd consider changing that, or glazing it over so it's a different shade entirely.

I'm kind of in agreement about the cyborg head being a bit meh for your praetor. The paint job is faultless but the head itself is just too run of the mill. Could you source the Salamanders burnt face head? That'd be a cool one instead.

Really happy to see the Reaver colour scheme! Great stuff!!

If you want a cool cyborg head, I'd strongly recommend a kataphron destroyer one. The right paint job (yours) can make it look super menacing . Only problem is that it might be a little too mechanicum for a praetor that isn't IW or IH; I can Spoiler link the praevian with one when I get home from work

939178_md.jpg
Edited by SkimaskMohawk

Thanks for the feedback and kind words, everyone! Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to do any more work yesterday, so I've only just added all of the decals (nine in total...). If they're in decent shape tonight I'll take some more pics for you :smile.:

Absolutely gob smacking! I know i keep saying it, but the level of detail is crazy!

Thanks a lot bro! I'm trying to put a bit more effort in to these minis.

That Praetor is looking fantastic! The black is so nice, and the red on the pad is awesome.
There is just one thing about the helmet: whereas the face really attracts the focus of attention, I fear the helmet might not pop up as much, since the torso "neckplate" and the faceplate of the helmet on the rack have the same/very similar colours. Probably with the miniature completely assembled it will not be like this, but the first picture with the helmet gave me that sensation.

Thanks for the kind words and the helpful feedback! Much appreciated. I'll probably leave the choice of helmet/head until the rest of the mini is fully painted and assembled. I might even paint up some more alternatives.

nice preator, i like the helmet version very much and nice colour scheme also how did u paint all of the red part? 

Thanks a lot bro! The red is Scarlet Red from Vallejo Game Air. For the highlight I added some Flat Red from Vallejo Model Colour. It was then shaded with some Drakenhof Nightshade.

Exceptional work, I much prefer the helmet; it's very unique and has a rather sinister feel to it. The gradients in the gold are well done, both on the Praetor and Salamander helmet.

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like the gold. Having an airbrush definitely makes blending the different golds together much easier.

While I generally agree that marines should be wearing helmets and that one is a very fine specimen, the bare head with the metal skull is a great sculpt and the paint job is spot on.

How did you manage to do the natural eye?

Thanks bro! This image that I found with a google search demonstrates my eye painting technique. First I black out the whole eye, and even a little bit around the edge of the eye. I then paint the eye ball with white, leaving a thin border of black around the edge. Next I paint the iris with a black dot. If the sculpt is particularly good or the eye a little larger than usual I might also add a small white dot to the black iris. The eye on the bionic head was pretty small/not well defined so I stopped at the black dot stage. I used a Citadel Layer Brush for the eyes.

hiStnzU.jpg

My Alpha Legion Praetor's eyes are probably a better example of the technique than the bionic head.

lms4H4F.jpg

Helmet in my opinion. The bare face is well done and is an awesome sculpt as mentioned, but its generic for what is supposed to be a Sons of Horus praetor conveying the flavour of the legion! 

Unless you don't mind magnetizing :wink:

Thanks bro, and thanks for the feedback regarding the helmet/head!

He He, not little Horus but little Yabbadabadon. Seconded.

I've got plenty of topknots laying around (I bought a set of Sisters of Silence heads just for the topknots...). The Command head is a good suggestion, but the top is far too static for a bike mounted character.

I quite like the helmet, but it does need a topknot....

I can see the issue with the gorget blending it in, I'd consider changing that, or glazing it over so it's a different shade entirely.

I'm kind of in agreement about the cyborg head being a bit meh for your praetor. The paint job is faultless but the head itself is just too run of the mill. Could you source the Salamanders burnt face head? That'd be a cool one instead.

Really happy to see the Reaver colour scheme! Great stuff!!

The problem with a topknot is that it has to fit in with the trophy wrack, and all of the severed heads and skulls don't leave too much room for topknots. I've also been considering a horse hair crest. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

If you want a cool cyborg head, I'd strongly recommend a kataphron destroyer one. The right paint job (yours) can make it look super menacing . Only problem is that it might be a little too mechanicum for a praetor that isn't IW or IH; I can Spoiler link the praevian with one when I get home from work

939178_md.jpg

That looks badass! I've got a couple of Mechanicus heads laying about, but not that exact one. Thanks for the suggestion.

Krautscientist:

The Praetor's already looking amazing! I'd definitely keep the bare face, as the paintjob is just fantastic, or switch to a different helmet: The one you have now doesn't really look all that interesting, plus the gold really blurs together with all that gold on the chestplate, as has already been pointed out.

Glad you like the paint job, and thanks for the feedback regarding the helmet and the gold on the chest plate, bro! 

malcharion
Dude this praetor already look amazing ! Your metalics are really good especially the golds do you have a recipe to share ? :smile.: 
Looking forward to see more of this guy !

Thanks dude! The gold is Decayed Metal, Victorian Brass, and Elven Gold (all from Scale Colour), washed with some Druchii Violet.

Thanks for looking :wink:

Edited by Kizzdougs