So, I was lucky enough to be voted 'Master Artificer' for this year's ETL... wow! I just wanted to thank everyone that voted (for my entry and for all of the other fantastic entries) and to offer my congratulations to all of the other Artificers. The level of everyone's work was really fantastic and inspirational. And of course a massive thank you to Captain Semper for running such a fantastic ETL yet again :wub:

I managed to make some more progress on the Praetor today. The bulk of the work is done on the legs, with only the decals, oils, final highlights and weathering left to do (might sound like a lot, but they're all pretty quick steps). I'm pretty happy with how the purple looks now that it has been given a coat of matt varnish.

n4yVjwn.jpg

You’re work is such an inspiration. Every time I circle back it gets better and better.

Still crossing my fingers for your take on a Relictors space Marie

Thanks a lot bro! Yeah, I've had an interest in the Relictors ever since I read about them in a small story/feature in a White Dwarf back when Codex Daemon Hunters was released (the Grey Knights had come to destroy them for their Radical ways). I don't have any plans for a Relictors marine at the moment, but never say never.

You’re work is such an inspiration. Every time I circle back it gets better and better.

Still crossing my fingers for your take on a Relictors space Marie

THIS! loved the Relictors. Also you got my vote already .

Thanks you very much!

Awesome work as usual, all exceedingly lovely!

Thanks, glad you like it!

Congrats on winning! I voted for you and, well.. most every entry. But still! You won in a field of incredible paint jobs. :biggrin.:

Hahaha, thank you very much! There were so many fantastic entries. Very inspirational.

Congratulations on the Master Artificer Award, mate! Very well deserved, obviously! :smile.:

Thanks, bro! Means a lot coming from you.

Also congrats from me for the award! very curious how the EC Preator will turn out! 

Thanks you very much! I've made some progress on the Praetor and hopefully I'll be able to do some more tomorrow.

Thanks for looking ;)

Links seem to be broken for me :sad.:

Which link?

Yeah! Paint is starting on the praetor!

Yeah, I'm almost ready to add the decals and oils. I just need to paint the red cloak first.

Congrats on the Master Artificer badge! The Praetor looks to be coming on beautifully.

Thanks you very much! Glad you like the Praetor.

Congratulations on winning the Master Artifucer Badge, kizzy!

Thanks a lot bro, much appreciated :)

Some progress on the Terminator.

RD6Yqbi.jpg

MgcJqv9.jpg

IZBUdwY.jpg

ASCsAzL.jpg

Also, here are some of the ideas that I've been thinking about for the potential March of the Legions (Terminator edition).

March of the Legions: Terminators

Dark Angels

Deathwing: Cataphractii armour. Terranic/Calabanite Greatsword/Warblade.

Dreadwing: Cataphractii armour. Some type of rad-weapon.

Emperor’s Children

Kakophoni Terminator: Modified Tartaros armour. Combat drug injectors. Lightning claw. Full blown traitor.

Iron Warriors

Breacher Terminator: Cataphractii armour. Breaching shield, chain-fist, carapace-mounted combi-weapon (melta/flamer). Shield design could mimic the Iron Circle shields.

White Scars

Keshig: Cataphractii with a two handed power-glaive.

Space Wolves

Slayer/lone wolf: Two handed great axe. Brutal aesthetic. Lots of chainmail.

Imperial Fists

Templar: Sword and shield. Tabard. Chains.

Seneschal: Indomitus armour. Cloak.

Night Lords

Atramanetar: Lighting claws or chain-glaive. Nostroman lion shoulder pad. Lots of trophies (Dark Angels?).

Blood Angels

Flesh Tearer: Amit inspired terminator. Chain axe.

Open to other suggestions or I could keep it pretty simple with a regular Legion Terminator.

Iron Hands

Morlock: Lots of chainmail. Possibly base it on a Siege Tyrant miniature.

Autek Mor terminator: Lightning claw

World Eaters

Devourer:

Plastic Red Butcher:

Ultramarines

Invictus Suzerain: Shield and axe. Pretty self explanitary.

Death Guard

Chem Terminator: Heavy chem-flamer. Possible back-mounted fuel reserve.

Destroyer Terminator: Discoloured armour and heaps of weathering.

Thousand Sons

Plastic Sehkmet: Tartaros armour just to differentiate between the regular FW kit. The again the plastic GW Sehkmet are plastic… Perhaps try to replicate the changing colours (red to blue) as depicted in Collected Visions.

Terminator Khenetai Swordsman:

Sons of Horus

Plastic Justaerian: Nothing two fancy, just add some spikes, a toknot, a different helmet (maybe a MkIV or Primaris conversion), some trophies etc.

Word Bearers

Ashen Circle Terminator: Flamer weapons.

Possessed Terminator: Possibly too ambitious…

Salamanders

Pyroclast Terminator: Similar to the Death Guard terminator. Plenty of drake hide.

Raven Guard

Carcharodons: Heavy focus on the more savage aspect of the Raven Guard. Polynesian style freehand. Chain weapon or lightning claws. Skull trophies.

Deliverers: Ravens Talons from Dark Furies.

Alpha Legion

Regular Legion Terminator but in the purple ‘Legion’ scheme.

Undercover Terminator: Painted as a Raven Guard/Imperial Fist Terminator but with Alpha Legion colours and insignia showing through.

Thanks for looking ;)

Big grin on my face, ear to ear, seeing that praetor with paint progress. Cannot wait to see the finished product.

I love the ideas for legion terminators...and the one suzerain. For Alpha Legion would it be possible to paint it disguised as a Raven Guard  but have some heat damage or something to a shoulder pad to reveal some XX iconography underneath?

That terminator's a thing of beauty Kizz, superb work

Incidentally, if you want some ideas for Legion-specific takes on termies, there's a few TDA concepts back in the series of Legion sketches I did over on my Heresy art thread - dunno how well they stand up nowdays, but I could collect any relevant stuff for you?

The Terminator HQ is finished! I'm pretty happy with how the new purple scheme turned out :)

JwncB9g.jpg

IZNHWzV.jpg

FmbiRUT.jpg

sisx3Lx.jpg

tKB0tuB.jpg

RZlAvPu.jpg

NPJetid.jpg

i7cWNd8.jpg

Big grin on my face, ear to ear, seeing that praetor with paint progress. Cannot wait to see the finished product.

I love the ideas for legion terminators...and the one suzerain. For Alpha Legion would it be possible to paint it disguised as a Raven Guard  but have some heat damage or something to a shoulder pad to reveal some XX iconography underneath?

Thanks bro, hope you like how he turned out! I didn't make it clear, but the 'Suzerain' will be a Terminator armed like one of the Suzerain. With the Alpha Legion I was thinking of painting the mini as an Alpha Legion mini then giving it a coat of chipping fluid and then painting it in a regular Raven Guard scheme before scratching off some of the paint.

I do like the idea of the March of the Legion Terminators being pictured at the time of the Heresy itself. Gives you more possibilities rather than limiting yourself to depict a "standard" member of each legion.

Yeah, I would kind of be cool to see a 'standard' Terminator for each Legion, but it would be fair more interesting to work on some Terminators with a bit more character and flavour.

Wow loving the new EC terminators. Your purple gets better and better.

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like the purple. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

I would suggest a Night Lord atramentar terminator with a chainglave and i would have used flayed skin and bone/skulls as trophies, also i would recommend to use blood angels symbols from sanguinary squad or death company

Thanks for the suggestions bro! When you mention the Sanguinary Guard and Death Company symbols are you talking about actually bits from their 40k kits, or their general iconography etc.

Incidentally, if you want some ideas for Legion-specific takes on termies, there's a few TDA concepts back in the series of Legion sketches I did over on my Heresy art thread - dunno how well they stand up nowdays, but I could collect any relevant stuff for you?

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like the Terminator. I've always been a fan of your work so I'd would definitely appreciate any inspiration that you can give me :tu:

Thanks for looking ;)

First off, my heart just melted. The praetor is fantastic!  And you have that picture of him side by side with the standard bearer *kissing finger tip gestures chefs do. Perfection!

And I gotcha now! I was thinking 'well, those power armored Suzerian are kind of sweet' and thought it was cool. Did not dawn on me he would be a terminator armored one. That idea sounds mighty fine! As for the Alpha Legion Terminator I need to see that! That sounds awesome! I tried to do an AL disguised as an Ultra where bits of the shiny, blue AL colors were showing here and there against the standard blue of the Ultramarines. That is at a 1 where your idea is at 11.

The finished article really looks awesome - having one leg off the ground gives a great sense of weight and momentum

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like the Terminator. I've always been a fan of your work so I'd would definitely appreciate any inspiration that you can give me :thumbsup:

Okay, I want everyone to witness that you specifically asked for this haha :tongue.:

Iron Warriors:

gallery_53779_9225_600263.jpg

Pretty self-explanatory, just an idea for a IW-style Tartaros termie

White Scars:

gallery_53779_9225_311064.jpg

Same as above, was just working off the aesthetic of the WS infantry upgrades

Space Wolves:

gallery_53779_9225_570140.jpg

You've now got the actual Varagyr minis, but the aesthetic is different enough that this might be a decent indication of what a 'line' SW termie might look like

Imperial Fists:

gallery_53779_9225_357674.jpg

Really wanted to do a 30k-era take on Indomitus, and the Fists seemed like the perfect legion for it (actually made some rules / background for 'Hyperion Terminators': http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306729-ihfs-archive-sketching-the-heresy-status-update/?p=4683166 )

Night Lords:

gallery_53779_9225_105326.jpg

Not Atramentar, but just a rough doodle of how NL Tartaros might look

Blood Angels:

gallery_53779_9225_478110.jpg

Again, just a loose take on BA Tartaros

Iron Hands:

gallery_53779_9225_754183.jpg

This was an idea for IH TDA Destroyers - Rad-based to differentiate them from the Grave Wardens - think Irad-cleansers & Rad missile launchers (again, these also got some background / rules: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306729-ihfs-archive-sketching-the-heresy-status-update/?p=4725295 )

World Eaters:

gallery_53779_9225_736448.jpg#

Okay, so the sketch turned out *awful*, but the core idea - WE terminators with twinned Lightning Claws with underslung bolters is something I still like (inspired by the old lore about the Gauntlets of Ultramar being taken from a dead Khorne champion) - also heavily inspired by this Mikhail Savier art: http://img0.reactor.cc/pics/post/Warhammer-40000-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-Space-Marine-Imperium-2491100.jpeg

Ultramarines:

gallery_53779_9225_1295302.jpg

gallery_53779_12611_295528.png

I liked the idea of 'regal' Tarataros termies with duelling blades - I renamed them the 'Retentus' after the Varagyr were revealed

Ultramarines Retentus Command Cadre:

More a title of rank than a permanent formation, the Retentus are formed from the highest ranking veterans among the Evocatii chapters, those officers charged with ensuring new recruits into the Legion are forged into peerless soldiers befitting of the Ultramarines. Membership of the Retentus is a greatly regarded honour, identifying the warriors responsible for the legendary discipline for which the XIIIth Legion has become renown, each a veteran of decades of command and countless conflicts.

Whilst rarely involved in front-line duty, stationed within Ultramar or upon the largest legion warships for extended training during long-running campaigns, the Retentus can be marshalled as an elite combat force when their charges are called upon for combat duty before their tenure has begun, often acting in an intermediate command position to ensure the Legion’s strategic network is utterly unbreakable.

Upon induction into their ranks, the Retentus are granted possession of a pair of Macraggan duelling blades, amongst the finest crafted power weapons the Imperium is capable of producing, utterly deadly in the hands of warriors bloodied by decades of battle in the Imperium’s name.

Word Bearers:

gallery_53779_9225_1357895.jpg

These 'anointed' are my idea for Kor Phaeron's terminator elite

gallery_53779_9225_1034525.jpg

Figured TDA Vakrah Jal might be fun?

Raven Guard:

gallery_53779_9225_843825.jpg

Rough concept for the Deliverers' aesthetic

Edited by Iron Hands Fanatic

Dude u asked me which Blood Angels bits you should use and i prefer the 40k bits as i mentioned eearlier and i forgott to mention that you could use 40k tactical blood angels bits, but i think that most Blood Angel bits look the same. Your sketch looks awesome and there are some blood angel wings that are not attached to anything so u can just put them on your termi although i know that you mostly will use greenstuff. Anyway i cant wait for your terminators espacially the Night lords.