The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful work as always! I really love the color purple you have been churning out. The dread and speeder are great and I love staring at the Palatine Blade. He just looks like the ideal IV legion warrior.

The Alpha Legion are looking sharp as well. I love the indigo colors and I am digging your fifth column scheme. Definitely looking forward to the tutorial to try out.

• 2 weeks later...

Javelin is such a beautiful model! And it looks gorgeous in your take of the EC livery!

Fantastic

Yeah, it's a great model. Glad you like the paint job.

Fine works.

Thanks a lot!

:jawdrop:

outstanding....

Cheers!

That indigo, man... that's so cool. How did you do it?

Thanks a lot! I gave him a couple of coats of purple ink over the silver pre-shade and them added some Tamiya Clear Blue to certain areas to create the indigo look.

Love the speeder - and looking forward to seeing some more tutorials of yours - especially the white (as I am starting a 40k WE force in 30k livery soon). :thumbsup:

Hell yeah! Can't wait to see you World Easters! No doubt they'll look amazing.

Beautiful work as always! I really love the color purple you have been churning out. The dread and speeder are great and I love staring at the Palatine Blade. He just looks like the ideal IV legion warrior.

The Alpha Legion are looking sharp as well. I love the indigo colors and I am digging your fifth column scheme. Definitely looking forward to the tutorial to try out.

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like how the EC and ALs are looking.

Were the fine details on the indigo AL transfer or freehand?

Decals from the Alpha Legion sheet.

Man, to this Day one of my favourite B&C Threads, the Lvl is just consistently amazing. I am quiet honest that I was a bit sad in the Beginning as you dropped your first EC Paint Cheme as I loved it, but going back and comparing teh Pics I have to admit that this is more refined.

Thanks a lot bro! Yeah, using the airbrush allows me to do a lot more with colour schemes. My new EC scheme is definitely more developed/refined than the older one.

Are you Fulgrim?...

Always love coming back to this blog and again love seeing you doing EC again.

What's your plans? We're doing a local Zone mortalis campaign locally so I'm going to be making a late heresy force...

Hahaha! Thanks a lot bro! I'm not 100% sure where I'm going to take the EC at the moment. I'm at the stage in my hobby cycle where I'm looking for a new project. I'm just not sure which direction I'm going to take yet :smile.:

Thanks for looking :wink:

Edited by Kizzdougs

Another Emperor's Child finished! 

Apothecaries are an important element of the IIIrd Legion and they also present an excellent opportunity to add some more white to the purple/gold scheme.

yoDFKjV.jpg

jFdURBK.jpg

Z34s6Jy.jpg

FSBaEE6.jpg

nThA2Aq.jpg

Uh9NFZX.jpg

4obMpes.jpg

The first Emperor's Child that I painted after the release of Betrayal, and the latest. Both Apothecaries. 

WwvX412.png

Thanks for looking ;)

I also just finished this Son of Horus last night. I wanted to see if I could create some late Heresy/Siege Sons of Horus using bits from the new CSM range. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out.

CNov358.jpg

0JLtVMV.jpg

ad9iia2.jpg

ltgWb5L.jpg

TZ1yaiH.jpg

10NcPh6.jpg

mpf0It4.jpg

LwS7pXD.jpg

yRjCy3n.jpg

Ju9MC4k.jpg

rn35uCm.jpg

LQSYEcmr.jpg

I recon I'll try this combination of kits with a couple of other Legions next.

Thanks for looking ;)

Gorgeous miniature! Love the pose. You're tempting me to revisit my Sons of Horus a while earlier than I had planned... dang it! By the way, where is the sword arm from? 

Edited by BadgersinHills

This may be ironic but that Apothecary is SICK! THe paintjob, as always, is out of this world and I find myself loving more white on purple on the EC.

The Son of Horus also look fantastic! Very nice to see the new CSM torso translates back to 30K era style very well. Definitely want to see some more kitbashes and conversions like that.

ABsolutely gorgeous Apothecary dude. I love how you juxtaposed him against that fabulous 2014 apothecary - for which you received a Best Painted Miniature from Captain Semper in ETL III if I remember correctly. It's funny how I still really dig that non-metallic Emperor's Children colour scheme of yours, and I actually prefer the more creamy white you used then. But truth be told, that metallic purple you thunk up is gorgeous indeed.

Now, the Son of Horus - oooooooowy that's lush. Gotta love that sea green you achieved - esxpecially in contrast with theat bright yellow gold you used. What is that gold, btw? 

<3

The Apothecary is absolutely fantastic. I love the addition of white into the armour.
The Sons of Horus marine is also brilliant. Nice take on the sea green armour harmonised by the yellow gold.

• 2 weeks later...

My first Mechanicum models! 

They're nearly finished, just the bolters left to do :tu:

xCUjrtf.jpg

GmzMCOW.jpg

DgOHzMV.jpg

NYJcMMx.jpg

OO9zo99.jpg

0ffTp7g.jpg

Jg5aoAe.jpg

bxhFLgg.jpg

Q36jALb.jpg

rSlPLEe.jpg

WOArgQh.jpg

DTjs6hI.jpg

I was following this one on Instagram; he's gorgeous!

Is it time already for another few squads of Sons of Horus? :wink:

Hahaha, I don't know about another yet. I was just having some fun. I' like to do some more SoH at some stage, but I need to figure-out what I want to do as far as an army is concerned before I start painting more models.

Gorgeous miniature! Love the pose. You're tempting me to revisit my Sons of Horus a while earlier than I had planned... dang it! By the way, where is the sword arm from? 

Thanks a lot bro! The sword arm is from the plastic MkIV kit.

This may be ironic but that Apothecary is SICK! THe paintjob, as always, is out of this world and I find myself loving more white on purple on the EC.

The Son of Horus also look fantastic! Very nice to see the new CSM torso translates back to 30K era style very well. Definitely want to see some more kitbashes and conversions like that.

Thanks a lot, bro! Really glad you like the Apothecary and Son of Horus. I had a lot of fun painting them.

ABsolutely gorgeous Apothecary dude. I love how you juxtaposed him against that fabulous 2014 apothecary - for which you received a Best Painted Miniature from Captain Semper in ETL III if I remember correctly. It's funny how I still really dig that non-metallic Emperor's Children colour scheme of yours, and I actually prefer the more creamy white you used then. But truth be told, that metallic purple you thunk up is gorgeous indeed.

Now, the Son of Horus - oooooooowy that's lush. Gotta love that sea green you achieved - esxpecially in contrast with theat bright yellow gold you used. What is that gold, btw? 

<3

Thanks a lot for the kind words bro! Yeah, I like the old scheme too, but I can achieve so much more with the airbrush these days. It might have been a good idea to try an airbrush version of the original scheme...

Again, fine works.

Thanks a lot!

Apothecary is outstanding, such excellent attention to detail on the modelling, painting and weathering. Truly inspiring work, I am eagerly awaiting more Emperor's Children :smile.:

Thanks a lot! I had a lot of fun with the Apothecary. Combining the purple, white and gold was great.

The Apothecary is absolutely fantastic. I love the addition of white into the armour.
The Sons of Horus marine is also brilliant. Nice take on the sea green armour harmonised by the yellow gold.

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated.

Thanks for looking ;)

A little something I've been working on :tu:

AUxx1QW.jpg

7EkMTE3.jpg

YSBX1vi.jpg

cWonznW.jpg

Wonderful painting. Will you be taking them with a Praevian? 

Yeah, I haven't decided what I want to do with the Praevian yet. I'm still waiting for some inspiration.

Praise the Omnissiah, they're gorgeous, fantastic work.

+They really need to give them 40k rules... We got the Termite, why they stopped there is beyond me+

Thanks a lot, bro! 

Wow. 

You truly are the king of painted weathering effects.

BRAVO!

Chears, bro! I really enjoyed doing the weathering on these guys. It's so much easier to weather non-metallic colours schemes. It made a nice change from all of my metallic Alphas.

The war robots look great! Do they remind anyone else of Invid/Inbit, from Robotech: The New Generation/Genesis Climber MOSPEADA?

Thanks a lot! Glad you like them.

Aha, i've found you on here! HElllloooo raptor :wink:

Hey! This is where I first started posting my minis, back before Instagram was a thing :tu:

Thanks for looking ;)