The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

I just finished working on a Bloodletter test mini. I wanted to give him more of a horror feel than the regular red scheme, which I find a bit cartoony. I also wanted a colour that would contrast really nicely with the blood, so this is what I ended up with.

tIDVvnJ.jpg

BUqKLN1.jpg

OrIvUhE.jpg

7SxhNRu.jpg

By3LnAi.jpg

AOQHT2t.jpg

I like the idea that daemons corrupt the physical world as they move through it, so I added some blood and skulls beneath the Bloodletter's feet to represent them pushing up through the earth at the daemon's touch.

NmMiWsi.jpg

i19m3jn.jpg

6kWkfBM.jpg

hzQt0Bc.jpg

Lhorke looks amazing!

Thanks a lot bro!

Lhorke indeed looks incredible. And for Dorn you painted individual teeth. I mean, individual teeth.

Hahaha, the teeth are sculpted onto the mini, so it's definitely not as impressive as just free handing them.

Beautiful, love that imperial fist!

Thanks so much! Glad you like him.

Thanks for looking ;)

Wow, that is indeed something differently done on the Bloodletter, and definitely a lot more creepier! That's actually the first time I noticed how unnervingly long their fingers are... Well done! 

I've just finished painting this Emperor's Child. He was made using a combination of plastic MkIV bits and some bits form Tortuga Bay.

qFKRhoL.jpg

fDK23VQ.jpg

kFtiiok.jpg

QcVTZfS.jpg

cMEfJyz.jpg

oIYdQnx.jpg

Nl0ybmO.jpg

f55SKSv.jpg

Y5hRB5G.jpg

cbYwAWi.jpg

And a size comparison with a regular MkIV marine.

ui16IyT.jpg

Cool stuff! Love the skin of the bloodletter and the base!

Thanks a lot! I was really happy with how the Bloodletter turned out.

Nice job, you obviously did something right to feature on WHTV! Don't mind me stealing this recipe at some point... 

Much appreciated bro!

Really cool! Love the concept and execution of that bloodletter

Thanks bro, much appreciated!

Excellent work on the Bloodletter.

Thanks! Glad you like it.

Any chance of a tutorial on that skintone?! That bloodletter is fantastic...I need to paint my demons for Reign in Hell that way!

It was pretty freestyle, I changed it as I went because it was a test model. It was Deck Tan highlighted with Flat White, both from Tamiya, shaded with Druchii Violet, I added some blue in the deepest shadows, and finished it off with some white highlights by hand.

Yay from me for the apprentice bloodletter as well - he still needs to spill more blood to get an even red coat(ing) :wink:

Hahaha, too good! Glad you like him. It's his first day on the job.

Wow, that is indeed something differently done on the Bloodletter, and definitely a lot more creepier! That's actually the first time I noticed how unnervingly long their fingers are... Well done! 

Thanks a lot! Glad you like the alternative scheme. I was pretty happy with it.

Sigismund looks amazing.

Pallid is definitely the way to go to make things creepy. The purple tint lends a sense of the unnatural or damaged.

Thanks! I'm glad you like how Sigismund and the alternate Bloodletter turned out. 

Thanks for looking ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've finished another Tortuga Bay EC marine. I hope you like him :)

f7IZzNt.jpg

soethUU.jpg

39IDKhL.jpg

sLDCmVy.jpg

ZwEUZ41.jpg

Hsob90C.jpg

IIoXZEk.jpg

PmQ3GaD.jpg

pepoKSp.jpg

The Emperor's Children models are beautifully painted, Kizzdougs.

Much appreciated, bro!

That's really nice, I really like the metallic purple.

Thanks, bro! Glad you like the purple.

Lovely work on your latest EC marine.

How did you find the bits from Tortuga Bay in terms of quality?

It’ll be interesting to see how they match up with the Mk VI in the next box set.

-Ran

The quality was good. I recon the new plastic kits will be the same size as the new CSM kits, so smaller than the Tortuga marines.

Nice job, you obviously did something right to feature on WHTV! Don't mind me stealing this recipe at some point...

What did I miss?!

Nothing. WHTV shared one of my minis on their hobby round up.

Thanks for looking ;)

Man that is god work. I am SO chuffed by the stuff Tortuga Bay is bringing out lately - I've been ordering two sets of both standing and running bodies of every mark up till now. I have no idea when I will ever finish painting 80 marines next to the 4 new CSM sprues (with 10 marines each), but I don't care: I have them now and I love them.

Can you show us WIP pics of the Tortuga sculpts - I assume you're blinging them up with Oyumari/GreenStuff details? 

Man that is god work. I am SO chuffed by the stuff Tortuga Bay is bringing out lately - I've been ordering two sets of both standing and running bodies of every mark up till now. I have no idea when I will ever finish painting 80 marines next to the 4 new CSM sprues (with 10 marines each), but I don't care: I have them now and I love them.

Can you show us WIP pics of the Tortuga sculpts - I assume you're blinging them up with Oyumari/GreenStuff details?

I believe Kizz has some of that on his insta if you’re itching for it!

But the tortuga stuff is amazing. I’m just worried they’re gonna catch a C&D. I already know people who are bitching and moaning about it.

I've just finished an Iron Hands Breacher marine. I went for the classic FW oil slick scheme and I wanted it to be pretty subtle, but unfortunately once I added the highlights, oils, and weathering, it was pretty difficult to see the different colours in the metallic black. You can see it in some of the pics. The shadows are purple and the highlights are green.

ica7HjW.jpg

zYXLzE4.jpg

rtYHHD0.jpg

5Fd27ih.jpg

qD01Gui.jpg

aN3awbG.jpg

excFsJ2.jpg

AkgRtIg.jpg

JayLT7F.jpg

TJQJ3r4.jpg

TX2Rsd3.jpg

And a size comparison with a regular MkIII marine.

XL2B3Rp.jpg

You've made them look very regal which really works well for the EC.

Much appreciated, bro! Glad you like them :tu:

Yeah, I used the Oyumaru and greenstuff for the aquilla and pteruges :)

oQjghTe.png

Thanks for looking ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...