The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

The Damocles is finished! It is the first vehicle that I've painted in the Alpha Legion scheme using my airbrush. I hope you like how it turned out.

jkBHCjy.jpg

t6ew3mT.jpg

y03yNgw.jpg

The Damocles Rhino is beautifully done. I'm ever envious of your ability to paint plastic/resin models in ways that make them look like metal objects.

Thanks bro! Much appreciated. I definitely think that I'm getting a bit better with the weathering, which really helps to create the metallic illusion.

Nice lenses on that Rhino.  By the way, what is the source of the bare heads you've used for your AL?  I especially like it on your version of Armillus Dynat.

Thanks bro, they were fun to paint. The bare heads are actually just the bare heads from the plastic MKIV kit. I just shaved the service studs off because I didn't fell like they were very appropriate for the Legion.

Thanks for looking ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The Whirlwind Scorpius and Rhino are both finished! I'm pretty happy with how they turned out :)

QO2jl5j.jpg

oEEeFhR.jpg

yEFKtfK.jpg

9T3rhQj.jpg

59Xk67R.jpg

vDWjvrg.jpg

dbhehPb.jpg

8N4NS1k.jpg

wTlJoE6.jpg

dBepX7c.jpg

kfLV4U3.jpg

That looks superb!! The paint job, the weathering, and the wear & tear! That thing needs to be in a display case somewhere everyone can see it!

Thanks a lot bro, much appreciated! :)

NIIIIIIIICE!

Thanks for looking ;)

Alpha Legion armored elements look phenomenal! Your newer painting style really knocks it out of the park with metallic paint jobs. This may be weird but the comm dish on the command rhino (in the last pic) just looks so damn real. Just seeing the light on its curvature just catches my eye and looks like a real metal dish.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words, everyone :)

The motor pool looks stunning, Kizz!

Thanks, bro! I'm pretty happy with how they're looking.

Pure Madness as always. Perfection.

Thanks a lot! Glad you like how they've turned out.

Amazing as always dude, love the battle damage and weathering.

Thanks, bro! I always have a lot of fun with the weathering and damage.

Excellent work on the Whirlwind Scorpius and the Rhinos.

Thank you very much!

Alpha Legion armored elements look phenomenal! Your newer painting style really knocks it out of the park with metallic paint jobs. This may be weird but the comm dish on the command rhino (in the last pic) just looks so damn real. Just seeing the light on its curvature just catches my eye and looks like a real metal dish.

Thanks a lot, bro! Glad you like how they're looking with the new airbrush scheme. Usually I find it a bit harder to blend the metallics with clean transitions using the airbrush, but I'm pretty happy with how it worked on the radar dish.

Thanks for looking ;)

• 1 month later...

I've just finished (except for his field marshal baton, which I'll be adding later) my Autillon Skor/Delegatus conversion to lead my Alpha Legion!

I hope you like him :)

VkgglMa.jpg

l4S5KVy.jpg

kkFHuA3.jpg

7mS17wc.jpg

TR6vatM.jpg

FVrc5ex.jpg

xSKtYdU.jpg

ci4gJ0n.jpg

LlzuEIA.jpg

qNXJ0wr.jpg

Thanks for looking ;)

Wow... Must say I am baffled by all this awesomeness!

I am currently (slow) painting an Alpha Legion force and this is so very inspiring... and intimidating at the same time ;-)

I had to check your entire thread (right up to where it went blurry) and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for all the detailed how-to’s and awesome stuff!

Downside is I will never be able to find the guts to post my own stuff now anymore... (jk)

I've also started working on another squad for the Legion. Not as exciting as the Delegatus, but just as important.

s0CseYS.png

Cool conversion and nice to see that you still post epic minis.

Thanks a lot!

That is a beautiful and intuitive conversion, Kizz. Exceptionally well executed and painted.

Thanks a lot bro, much appreciated!

Wow... Must say I am baffled by all this awesomeness!
I am currently (slow) painting an Alpha Legion force and this is so very inspiring... and intimidating at the same time ;-)
I had to check your entire thread (right up to where it went blurry) and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for all the detailed how-to’s and awesome stuff!
Downside is I will never be able to find the guts to post my own stuff now anymore... (jk)

Hahaha, I hope you are joking. Sharing your work and getting people's feedback is really inspiring :tu:

Amazed...i have had a day made of fail work wise and hobby wise (scalpel blades still haven't turned up) and then I saw this and now I am all smiley again. Great stuff.

Sorry to hear about you day, glad you like the Delegatus!

Excellent work.

Thank you very much!

Hey mate! Do you have any tutorial on that awesome desert bases?

Yeah, all of the tutorials, including the basing ones are listed at the bottom of the first post in this thread. 

Here is the base (desert) building tutorial.

And the base painting tutorial.

Thanks for looking ;)

The heavy Support Squad is finished and ready to bring some ranged firepower to my Centurion games :tu:

oXPmPZB.jpg

0AmRDdy.jpg

uRt4tzD.jpg

NaQagj2.jpg

G6cNdqx.jpg

8cLaMbB.jpg

hwmBukv.jpg

yz8ZbVm.jpg

atIWkug.jpg

KigqhiT.jpg

LptNxQB.jpg

Wk6UdsI.jpg

Thanks for the answer mate!

Just one more question... Do you have a photo of all your armies all together? Or at least a photo for each legion...

Thanks a lot! No, I don't have a picture of all of my 30k together. 

Here is a pic of my Emperor's Children.

F1GDrvG.jpg

And my Alpha Legion (I've added a Scorpius, Damocles, Rhino, and the Heavy Support squad since this picture was taken).

vetSRvy.jpg

:jawdrop:  Man that blue is really spectacular! Great work looks awesome!

Thanks a lot, bro! Much appreciated.

:jawdrop:  Man that blue is really spectacular! Great work looks awesome!

I agree. Is it still the same recipe as shown here?

Thanks a lot! No, I'm using an airbrush now. Here is the link to my airbrush scheme.

Thanks for looking ;)