The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

I like it! The shades spot on and would be keen to see more SoH from you.

However I'd seriously push the contrast of the pre-shade and highlight further. It'll look crap pre-colour but once the colour layers go on it kind of evens out and you lose a lot of the shading you've already done. That said, it's easily fixed with a normal shade layer!

Excellent work with the scratches, I'm looking to try that out on my next tank!!

Yeah, with an airbrush and several thin coats until I was happy with the colour. A regular brush could work, but airbrushing is much better :smile.:

I wish I could afford one, I might save up, but I don’t really have a good space to use it, live in a 1 bedroom house.

Yeah, you can get some pretty cheap airbrushes, but the lack of space is definitely a challenge.

Really diguing the colors of those SoH ! Loved them back in the day when I get my first forge wolrd black book !

Can't wait to see more of your stuff with your news painting technique in action :wink:

Malchy

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like how the colour turned out, I'm going to be pretty busy for the next couple of months, but hopefully I'll have some more hobby time afterwards :)

Seriously looking forward to seeing how your SoH turn out. You've absolutely nailed the colour.

I'd love to make up a Sgt. for you to paint!

Thanks bro! That would be awesome :tu:

I keep meaning to comment on this but u get distracted, lol. That SoH green is the most faithful I've seen to the illustrations. It's absolutely perfect and I love that it's metallic to boot. As always, love your work brother.

Hahaha, no worries bro! Yeah, I really like metallic schemes for the Legions. I'm still planning to perfect my metallic purple for the Emperor's Children :)

• 1 month later...

First post in a while. I've been pretty busy with other things, but it was great to finally get some hobby done. There is still a bit of work do (decals, weathering etc.), but it's definitely getting there :smile.:

tN3sTWz.jpg?1

s7SAouE.jpg?1

Hopefully I'll be able to post more regularly soon.

Thanks for looking :wink:

Nice work man, looks good. For your Alphas?

Thanks a lot, bro! Yeah, for the Alphas. It's pretty blue/bland at the moment, but once the decals are added it'll tie in with the rest of the army.

That blue is so beautiful, I'm glad to see you're back.

Thanks bro! Hopefully I'll be able to post a bit more regularly.

I don't think I've ever seen miniatures look quite so much like official reference material. 

Wow, thanks for the kind words bro! 

Some bits that I'm working on for some Sons of Horus. Still very WIP. I need to add a few more details to each piece before they're done.

So, I've pretty much decided that my next project will be a small force of Sons of Horus. I'm currently in the process of coming up with some conversion ideas and trying to figure out the list that I want to build towards.

3gmsgPQ.jpg?1

Nothing says you're in for a good time like a canister being shot at you from space, loaded with a walking tank!

The drop pod looks great. Definitely love the hazards chevron's and the wear on them!

Hahahaha, yeah the Leviathan can be pretty nasty... Glad you like the drop pod and the hazard stripes :)

Thanks for looking ;)

I'm looking forward to putting a Leviathan to use if I could get mine built. If you get some battles in with yours and his new chariot be sure to take pictures and share!

Definitely looking to the Sons of Horus! That is some great sculpt work you've done. They really reflect the artwork in HH book 1 or 2 where there are sketches of the SoH in their fancy armor. That shaved down mk4 chest is the bees knees by the way.