The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

On the weekend I had the pleasure of attending the 'ACT of Heresy' event in Canberra. Andrew from 'Tagged Events' did a great job running the show, creating a fantastic atmosphere and forging a compelling narrative across the weekend.

I was luck enough to play four great games against some of the best Heresy armies out there. I only wish that I had taken more photos...

My first game was with @k3rrbox and his awesome Solar Auxilla (I never realised how fine and detailed the SA models are). 

The Legion Veterans and a demi-squad of Terminators advance into the enemy held facility.

drvXue6.jpg

The Legion Veterans sell their lives dearly to lure the Lord Marshal and his Veletaris Life-Guard into a cunning trap.

jal0SzB.jpg

The Alpha Legion is outflanked by a Veletaris Storm Section wielding Volkite Chargers.

2sGm7jw.jpg

My second game was with @ednihilator and his fearsome VIth Legion force.

The Alpha Legion launch their attack on the Vlka Fenryka armoured column and the battlefield descends into chaos. My wrecked vehicle smoke markers got a good workout in this game.

2ig4K4w.jpg

The Grey Slayers counter the Alpha Legion attack.

JWLgVEt.jpg

My third game was with @jt_miniature-painting and his beautiful Sons of Horus.

The Sons of Horus array themselves ready to welcome the Alpha Legion assault. The Deredeo and Morti-Contemptor prepare to unleash a barrage of anti-air firepower agains the Alpha Legion Drop Pods.

iaTXk8q.jpg

A Legion Heavy Support Squad takes up position on the roof of a shattered building.

KP5lwhk.jpg

Alpha Legion Machine-Killer Veterans launch a daring drop pod assault in an effort to neutralise the Sons of Horus AA firepower, but are intercepted by the XVIth Legion Heavy Support Squad armed with plasma cannons...

LIfHjWK.jpg

Demi-squad Delta clashes with a squad of Sons of Horus Assault Marines.

rNBWjHz.jpg

The Saboteur makes his presence felt as the Sons of Horus Deredeo Dreadnought is neutralised in a blinding flash of carefully concealed explosives.

6q99559.jpg

My fourth and final game was a Centurion level game with @thewhisperheads and his brilliant Death Guard.

A Legion Heavy Support Squad and Siege Breaker survey the battlefield.

dvSD4O9.jpg

The Alpha Legion Launch their attack to defend the strategically vital prometheum processing facility.

l0qi0Qx.png?1

Demi-Squad Delta execute their mandate with extreme prejudice.

dr4Rshd.png?1

A Legion Veteran holds up a XIVth Legion Contemptor, buying time for the rest of the Alpha Legion forces to close the noose.

ShZi0cl.jpg

It was a fantastic event and I'm feeling really inspired to keep producing more and more Heresy goodness.

Excellent work.

Thanks a lot!

Looks like somebody stole a space wolf's sword :wink: Looks damn good.

Hahaha, yeah, taken from the cold dead hands of a VIth Legion Champion ;)

Everything is amazing: the pose, the details, the face (altough i think a screaming face would fit better) and the conversions

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it :)

Thanks for looking ;)

Lovely pics and lovely armies. Looks like you had a whale of a time. Great stuff! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot bro! Yeah, it was fantastic! I've got so much bobby inspiration now :)

I couldn't agree more. Beautiful armies on all sides, and the games look like they've been fun!

Thank! Yeah, I had a lot of fun with the games :)

The force looks great on the table, as do the other armies; seems like a cracking event.

It was a fantastic! All of the armies were fully painted and the tables were great :)

Looks like fun, love the new jump pack SoH bloke you've done.

Thanks a lot, bro! Glad you like the Son of Horus character :)

Thanks for looking ;)

I was pretty excited when I saw this piece of art from the Weekender, so I decided to see if I could get a similar effect on a mini. I recon it'll look much better once I add the rest of the detail and give it all an oil wash.

diPXVlV.png

"How do you do, fellow Loyalists?"

3DtO5mS.png

Thanks for looking ;)

Some more progress on my "White Scars" test mini. He's mostly done, but I still need to do the sponge chipping and add the weathering powder.

GVVuRCI.jpg

iIeaVQD.jpg

And the inspiration, again. I can't wait to get the new Black Book. It'll be my first FW purchase since the ridiculous regional pricing debacle... some White Scar decals would be nice too.

diPXVlV.png

Thanks for looking ;)

Awesome man! I wanted to do this a while back for a 40K Alpha Legion Kill Team, but with Ultramarines instead. You really nailed the subterfuge theme... like there was ever any doubt you wouldn't, lol.

Thanks a lot bro! Really glad you like how it turned out. I am tempted to try some other 'Alpha Legion' schemes... Ultramarines would definitely be a bit more subtle because of the blue on blue.

Thanks, I hate it and love it. So conflicted!

Hahahaha, sorry bro :P

Really nicely done, swift too!

Thanks! Glad you like it :)

Thanks for looking ;)

Three flavours of hydra...

TwxSL8o.jpg

NB1eszI.jpg

x7uTLs9.jpg

kEeXUFt.jpg

GHb0zYp.jpg

XXaIUPo.jpg

FKWkImn.jpg

One of these White Scars is not what he seems...

LVqyUG6.jpg

this looks strange but i like it very much

Thanks, bro!

Damn alpha sneaks!

Hahaha, we're everywhere! 

giphy.gif

I see what you did there and it is awesome.

Hahaha, glad you approve :)

That white scar seems a bit...sneaky to me.

Love it!

Hehehe, I don't know what you're talking about...

That's a really nice White Sca-

hrsWmkR.png

Anyway fantastic paintjob! Did you use chipping effects on it?

Hahahaha, that's a great image. Yeah, I use Heavy Chipping fluid from AK Interactive.

Thanks for looking ;)

One of these White Scars is not what he seems...

Hidden Content

LVqyUG6.jpg

I bet it's the guy with the beekee helmet. Everyone thinks he's dead. But in reality he's just lying in his murder hole, waiting patiently to spring his finely planned trap!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass