Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: White Scar done! 9/2/19

pre heresy thousand sons emperors children horus heresy 30k kizzdougs tutorial age of darkness alpha legion Sons of Horus

• Please log in to reply
3351 replies to this topic

Deathcrow

Deathcrow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Everything is amazing: the pose, the details, the face (altough i think a screaming face would fit better) and the conversions

• Kizzdougs likes this

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,056 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

On the weekend I had the pleasure of attending the 'ACT of Heresy' event in Canberra. Andrew from 'Tagged Events' did a great job running the show, creating a fantastic atmosphere and forging a compelling narrative across the weekend.

I was luck enough to play four great games against some of the best Heresy armies out there. I only wish that I had taken more photos...

My first game was with @k3rrbox and his awesome Solar Auxilla (I never realised how fine and detailed the SA models are). 

The Legion Veterans and a demi-squad of Terminators advance into the enemy held facility.

drvXue6.jpg

The Legion Veterans sell their lives dearly to lure the Lord Marshal and his Veletaris Life-Guard into a cunning trap.

jal0SzB.jpg

The Alpha Legion is outflanked by a Veletaris Storm Section wielding Volkite Chargers.

2sGm7jw.jpg

My second game was with @ednihilator and his fearsome VIth Legion force.

The Alpha Legion launch their attack on the Vlka Fenryka armoured column and the battlefield descends into chaos. My wrecked vehicle smoke markers got a good workout in this game.

2ig4K4w.jpg

The Grey Slayers counter the Alpha Legion attack.

JWLgVEt.jpg

My third game was with @jt_miniature-painting and his beautiful Sons of Horus.

The Sons of Horus array themselves ready to welcome the Alpha Legion assault. The Deredeo and Morti-Contemptor prepare to unleash a barrage of anti-air firepower agains the Alpha Legion Drop Pods.

iaTXk8q.jpg

A Legion Heavy Support Squad takes up position on the roof of a shattered building.

KP5lwhk.jpg

Alpha Legion Machine-Killer Veterans launch a daring drop pod assault in an effort to neutralise the Sons of Horus AA firepower, but are intercepted by the XVIth Legion Heavy Support Squad armed with plasma cannons...

LIfHjWK.jpg

Demi-squad Delta clashes with a squad of Sons of Horus Assault Marines.

rNBWjHz.jpg

The Saboteur makes his presence felt as the Sons of Horus Deredeo Dreadnought is neutralised in a blinding flash of carefully concealed explosives.

6q99559.jpg

My fourth and final game was a Centurion level game with @thewhisperheads and his brilliant Death Guard.

A Legion Heavy Support Squad and Siege Breaker survey the battlefield.

dvSD4O9.jpg

The Alpha Legion Launch their attack to defend the strategically vital prometheum processing facility.

l0qi0Qx.png?1

Demi-Squad Delta execute their mandate with extreme prejudice.

dr4Rshd.png?1

A Legion Veteran holds up a XIVth Legion Contemptor, buying time for the rest of the Alpha Legion forces to close the noose.

ShZi0cl.jpg

It was a fantastic event and I'm feeling really inspired to keep producing more and more Heresy goodness.

Excellent work.

Thanks a lot!

Looks like somebody stole a space wolf's sword msn-wink.gif Looks damn good.

Hahaha, yeah, taken from the cold dead hands of a VIth Legion Champion ;)

Everything is amazing: the pose, the details, the face (altough i think a screaming face would fit better) and the conversions

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it :)

Thanks for looking ;)

• MrBear, Marshal Rohr, Chaplain Dosjetka and 7 others like this

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,884 posts
  • Faction: Genestealer Cult

Lovely pics and lovely armies. Looks like you had a whale of a time. Great stuff! :tu:

• Kizzdougs likes this

gallery_45765_11834_2080.pnggallery_45765_12339_13106.pnggallery_45765_11834_2080.png

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds. | You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows. | Suffer not the Heretic to live. | Abhor the Typo.

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 203 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

I couldn't agree more. Beautiful armies on all sides, and the games look like they've been fun!

• Kizzdougs likes this

gallery_108437_14773_852.jpg

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,443 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

The force looks great on the table, as do the other armies; seems like a cracking event.

• Kizzdougs likes this

Marius Perdo

Marius Perdo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors Legion

Looks like fun, love the new jump pack SoH bloke you've done.

• Kizzdougs likes this

Some day I'll finish off a project, but today is not that day.

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,056 posts

Lovely pics and lovely armies. Looks like you had a whale of a time. Great stuff! thumbsup.gif

Thanks a lot bro! Yeah, it was fantastic! I've got so much bobby inspiration now :)

I couldn't agree more. Beautiful armies on all sides, and the games look like they've been fun!

Thank! Yeah, I had a lot of fun with the games :)

The force looks great on the table, as do the other armies; seems like a cracking event.

It was a fantastic! All of the armies were fully painted and the tables were great :)

Looks like fun, love the new jump pack SoH bloke you've done.

Thanks a lot, bro! Glad you like the Son of Horus character :)

Thanks for looking ;)

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,056 posts

I was pretty excited when I saw this piece of art from the Weekender, so I decided to see if I could get a similar effect on a mini. I recon it'll look much better once I add the rest of the detail and give it all an oil wash.

diPXVlV.png

"How do you do, fellow Loyalists?"

3DtO5mS.png

Thanks for looking ;)

• Marius Perdo, DuskRaider, Chaplain Dosjetka and 12 others like this

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,056 posts

Some more progress on my "White Scars" test mini. He's mostly done, but I still need to do the sponge chipping and add the weathering powder.

GVVuRCI.jpg

iIeaVQD.jpg

And the inspiration, again. I can't wait to get the new Black Book. It'll be my first FW purchase since the ridiculous regional pricing debacle... some White Scar decals would be nice too.

diPXVlV.png

Thanks for looking ;)

• Insane Psychopath, MrBear, Sandlemad and 18 others like this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,546 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
Awesome man! I wanted to do this a while back for a 40K Alpha Legion Kill Team, but with Ultramarines instead. You really nailed the subterfuge theme... like there was ever any doubt you wouldn't, lol.
  • Kizzdougs likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,362 posts

Thanks, I hate it and love it. So conflicted!

• Chaplain Dosjetka and Kizzdougs like this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,443 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

Really nicely done, swift too!

• Kizzdougs likes this

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,056 posts

Awesome man! I wanted to do this a while back for a 40K Alpha Legion Kill Team, but with Ultramarines instead. You really nailed the subterfuge theme... like there was ever any doubt you wouldn't, lol.

Thanks a lot bro! Really glad you like how it turned out. I am tempted to try some other 'Alpha Legion' schemes... Ultramarines would definitely be a bit more subtle because of the blue on blue.

Thanks, I hate it and love it. So conflicted!

Hahahaha, sorry bro :P

Really nicely done, swift too!

Thanks! Glad you like it :)

Thanks for looking ;)

• Brother Pheidias likes this

Deathcrow

Deathcrow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts

this looks strange but i like it very much

• Kizzdougs likes this

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes & Guard
Damn alpha sneaks!
  • Kizzdougs likes this

Sense%2Bt%25C3%25ADtol%2B%25282%2529.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_02.gETL_Medal_03.gif

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,692 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

giphy.gif

I see what you did there and it is awesome.

• Kizzdougs, GreyRavenC, Elzender and 1 other like this

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,864 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

That white scar seems a bit...sneaky to me.

Love it!

• Kizzdougs likes this

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png   gallery_86352_14298_17387.jpg gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Markus_

Markus_

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 278 posts

That's a really nice White Sca-

hrsWmkR.png

Anyway fantastic paintjob! Did you use chipping effects on it?

• Reyner, Kizzdougs and Deathcrow like this

Heresy era Death Guard and other 30k shenanigans

http://www.bolterand...tarions-finest/

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,056 posts

Three flavours of hydra...

TwxSL8o.jpg

NB1eszI.jpg

x7uTLs9.jpg

kEeXUFt.jpg

GHb0zYp.jpg

XXaIUPo.jpg

FKWkImn.jpg

One of these White Scars is not what he seems...

LVqyUG6.jpg

this looks strange but i like it very much

Thanks, bro!

Damn alpha sneaks!

Hahaha, we're everywhere! 

giphy.gif

I see what you did there and it is awesome.

Hahaha, glad you approve :)

That white scar seems a bit...sneaky to me.

Love it!

Hehehe, I don't know what you're talking about...

That's a really nice White Sca-

hrsWmkR.png

Anyway fantastic paintjob! Did you use chipping effects on it?

Hahahaha, that's a great image. Yeah, I use Heavy Chipping fluid from AK Interactive.

Thanks for looking ;)

• Azaiel, MrBear, Marius Perdo and 9 others like this

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,810 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

Awesome three heads of the Hydra.

The White Scars impersonator could use a XX somewhere.

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch

Wicked!

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,692 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

One of these White Scars is not what he seems...

LVqyUG6.jpg

I bet it's the guy with the beekee helmet. Everyone thinks he's dead. But in reality he's just lying in his murder hole, waiting patiently to spring his finely planned trap!

• noigrim likes this

Deathcrow

Deathcrow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts

if you will do a squad of these i recommend to use a different amount of blue chipping and probably most chipping on the squadleader

steamius

steamius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 374 posts

Fantastic work on white scars! And my I point out how amazing the terrain looks on ^^D

My youtube channel! Be sure to chek it our and subbscribe! 

My Facebook page!

Chickenleg

Chickenleg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 276 posts
  • Faction: Shattered Legions

Silky smooth. yes.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pre heresy, thousand sons, emperors children, horus heresy, 30k, kizzdougs, tutorial, age of darkness, alpha legion, Sons of Horus

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (4)