Kizzdougs

Who could this be? 

Sfz1V6b.jpg

5zxjUMC.jpg

UjzPl36.jpg

The inspiration :tu:

N3ckbsk.png

Now I just need to decide which bits to actually use to build him... :facepalm:

These guys are just incredible. They're so seamless.

Thanks a lot! Really glad you like them.

Another glorious and gorgeous Emperor's Children! The paint job, just like all your work, is phenomenal on this marine. I also like the added designs on the paint job with the flame like motifs and winged feather on the helm.

Your traitors are a serious treat for the eyes and Slaanesh will be proud!

Thanks bro! Yeah, I had a lot of fun adding the flames and wings etc.

Thanks for looking ;)

Perfection! 

Well, not perfection yet. This isn't Lucius' final model, I just wanted to see what the head looked like on a mini. I'm still trying to decide which bits to use for him. I've decided on a sword, but due to the virus I won't be able to get it from Conversion World for the foreseeable future...

BcUaHUt.jpg

There is a cool image of Lucius in the illustration books with a golden mask helmet

Do you mean this one?

f6DWDdK.png

While I am really not a fan of the illustration you used as reference material, I love your take on Heresy-Lucius, especially how he's already looking horribly disfigured, yet not as warped (and almost reptilian) as his 40k incarnation.

Thanks a lot bro! Glad I've struck that balance between 30k and 40k Lucius.

Another, please.

That second one is looking even more gloriouser than the first one.

ALso, I hate you for doing that face so well. With a vengeance. Because jesus christ that's well done. :eek:

Hahaha, thanks a lot bro! Now I just need to find the bits to build the rest of the model. Hopefully the rest of him will live up to the head :P

Thanks for looking ;)

I painted up a couple of new EC heads today :smile.:

Enhanced perfection

MWlk2DM.jpg

MxtOMKW.jpg

JXDP6JZ.jpg

JQK9qAS.jpg

rsepMFY.jpg

t1Rkheg.jpg

7n2nlRS.jpg

4wZxZwx.jpg

Yes, you can even make a groveling familiar holding his helmet

I recon Fabius' assistant would be perfect with a little bit of conversion work :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking :wink:

Edited by Kizzdougs

YOu painted both of those in a day? I said it before and I'll say it again; I hate you. 

But, you know, with love. <3

Beautiful work as per. I like the weird combo of the BA head and the weird GImp face. Can we see them next to each other in one picture?

Some more EC work, this time a funeral mask helmet.

w7jsQvp.png

The inspiration came from this picture of Lucius in Collected Visions and from ADB's EC character Telemachon Lyras.

f6DWDdK.png

Pretty much a new and improved version of this head.

VDCIyC3.png

I've just about got all of the bits that I need for my planned Lucius conversion except for the sword. I want to use a Conversion World sword, but unfortunately they aren't posting to Australia at the moment because of the virus.

Impressive works.

Thanks a lot :)

Do you do a zenithal highlight on the heads? They're great.

The heads are just painted by hand, no airbrushing. I do add plenty of highlights though :tu:

YOu painted both of those in a day? I said it before and I'll say it again; I hate you. 

But, you know, with love. <3

Beautiful work as per. I like the weird combo of the BA head and the weird GImp face. Can we see them next to each other in one picture?

Thanks a lot bro! I really enjoy painting heads so once I get on a roll with them I tend to get them finished in one go. I forgot to take a side by side pic for you, but I'll take a pic of all of the heads once I paint up the death mask :)

Thanks for looking ;)

I've painted up a display base! The Imperial Fists yellow was a lot of fun to weather. The Legions with white or yellow armour are really spoiled when it comes to weathering. I'm almost tempted to paint some more up just for the sake of weathering them.

ZErHIIN.jpg

oTEJHPL.jpg

MtaMIid.jpg

kvHj4vC.jpg

AcQQWwE.jpg

xZwARYd.jpg

My my my! Catching up on all of this EC goodness. Lucius looks spot on and love the golden mask. Speaking of masks the face with the rebreather you painted looks perfect for the EC.

Thanks a lot bro! Yeah, I've started converting a few different heads along those lines. There aren't too many good EC options out there so I'm having fun making some for myself.

Impressive work.

Thanks a lot!

Such incredible work.

I'm in awe.

I love these... and resent them all at once.

And that's a good thing, of course.

Cheers, bro! Thanks for the kind words :tu:

Incredible paint work on that mask! :smile.:

Thanks a lot, bro! Glad that you like the mask.

Lovely metallic colours on the mask!
The faces are even better, love them!

Cheers, bro! I really love painting faces, so they always have a bit more effort put into them.

*Faints*

Absolutely love your work, seriously.

Thanks a lot bro! 

That is... phenomenal work there. That old picture of the raptor just makes me think how the raptors would have benefited from being designed two years later. They're stumpy, only half dynamic, and drowning in excess trim.

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like it.

Aw, that deathmask-style helmet is brilliant! Just for clarification, though: Will the head be interchangeable on the finished model, or are you going to build a helmet bearer for Lucius?

Thanks a lot, bro! At this stage it will be an interchangeable option, but I have been considering modelling up a bearer to carry it. I'd probably use Fabius' assistant with a bit of conversion work.

Thanks for looking ;)