The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

I love your yellow. Imperial Fists as a Legion project next? :wink: 

Is that Angron's base with other causalities from the other primarch bases upon it?

It's Fulgrim's base. Not sure if it's been modified or if the marine is on a Primarch-size base

• 2 weeks later...

Lord Commander Eidolon, the Soul Severed, the Auric Hammer, the Exemplar, Lord Commander Primus of the Emperor's Children Legion!

JKwM4ov.jpg

9A9Gcp4.jpg

xztcDa8.jpg

M3jDFvG.jpg

1rK1WOq.jpg

v4ubGWM.jpg

I think this is probably my best mini to date when you take into account the composition, conversion work, and painting. I really pushed my greenstuff skills and managed to achieve results that I didn't think I was capable of. I'm particularly happy with how the filigree detail and the head turned out. 

Here are some pre-paint pics to show off the different bits/materiel used.

k0SjC60.png

lEnf44i.png

UaMjIZm.png

Oh wow.

The base is amazing.

And what a great contrast to the bright purple!

Thanks a lot! Yeah, I wanted to make sure that it contrasted nicely withe the EC.

Love it!

As Valkia said, I find the contrast between the virgin loyalist legion's weathering vs. the chad Emperor's Children's pristine armor quite cool! Also that faint flame effect on the helmet is simply gorgeus.

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it.

That EC champion on his display base is a real show stopper -- and on a thread full of spectacular models, that is really saying something... Brilliant work, mate! :smile.:

Thanks bro! Really glad that you liked him. I was pretty happy with how he turned out.

Again, impressive work.

Thanks very much!

Is that Angron's base with other causalities from the other primarch bases upon it?

Hahaha, I did actually enjoy painting the yellow or rather the weathering stage. Weather looks so good on the lighter/brighter schemes.

Yeah, It's Fulgrim's base.

It's Fulgrim's base. Not sure if it's been modified or if the marine is on a Primarch-size base

Yeah, just the display part of Fulgrim's base.

Thanks for looking ;)

Excellent work on Eidolon's model. He doesn't match the description of the Daemon Prince in Wrath of Iron, though- no lightning claws, no use of rouge or other make-up, no stitches with silver thread. Is he a different individual who happens to share the name?

Excellent work on Eidolon's model. He doesn't match the description of the Daemon Prince in Wrath of Iron, though- no lightning claws, no use of rouge or other make-up, no stitches with silver thread. Is he a different individual who happens to share the name?

He's an Emperor's Children Officer, depiction probably M31.

It was about darn time that someone tackled "Ugly Eidolon" -- even better, then, that its you: Like all of your models, he is extraordinary!

fantastic work, both on the conversion and the painting (love the rich purple you have managed to achieve). If I have one nitpick, it's that I think he would have worked even better with at least the remains of his iconic hairdo ;)

But anyway, incredible stuff! :)

Absolutely stunning miniature - both the build and the paint job. WOW!! One small nitpick: I think he would have come across just that .5% better if the haft of his hammer would poke out under his left hand. The pommel now just kinda dissapears in his hand, and it would have benefittef the miniature overall if it's show just a teensie bit below it. Other than that, this is as close to perfection as the Emperor's Children could come! <3

After building and painting the Traitor Emperor's Children I needed to cleans my palate with a Loyalist. 

I've bean planing this conversion for a while (probably since the Blood Angels Praetor model was released), so it was great to finally get around to working on it :thumbsup:

Palamedes, Champion of the 34th Millennial (the 'Death Eagles'), IIIrd Legiones Astartes.RYKHq34.jpg

p3nbh47.jpg

mdbuIe9.jpg

IwFiURZ.jpg

CFB1KDL.jpg

oGdMfO4.jpg

WPbHwH7.jpg

xgdfSAp.jpg

scJQbYc.jpg

L7CUrCu.jpg

R7PiHXe.jpg

I hope you like him :smile.:

Wow. Eidolon looks amazing dude. 

Thanks a lot! I was very happy with how he turned out.

Great model and paint job. Unfortunately I really can't stand Eidolon.

Hahaha, yeah, he's definitely an acquired taste. Glad you like the model.

Eidolon looks great. Love your painting, one of your best. 

Thanks so much! I was very happy with how he turned out.

Awesome work on Eidolon - though wasn't he in Terminator armour after the whole head chopping thing? Maybe I'm getting mixed up. 

Thanks! Nah, he's never worn Terminator armour as far as I'm aware. Maybe you're thinking about First Captain Julius Kaesoron?

Simply mind-blowing stuff. Your GS skills are freaking amazing. Congratulations!

Thanks a lot, bro! I actually really surprised myself with the greenstuff work. Glad you like it too.

Fantastically awesome work! 

Thanks a lot!

He's an Emperor's Children Officer, depiction probably M31.

Yeah, this is Eidolon, Lord Commander Primus, during the Horus Heresy.

It was about darn time that someone tackled "Ugly Eidolon" -- even better, then, that its you: Like all of your models, he is extraordinary!

fantastic work, both on the conversion and the painting (love the rich purple you have managed to achieve). If I have one nitpick, it's that I think he would have worked even better with at least the remains of his iconic hairdo :wink:

But anyway, incredible stuff! :smile.:

Thanks a lot bro! Much appreciated. I thought about doing the hair for a long time, but I didn't trust myself to pull it off without it looking ridiculous. I probably should have backed myself, but didn't at the time.

Eidolon is perfect!!! The greenstuff detail you added is top notch!

Thanks a lot! Much appreciated, bro.

The GS piping around the armor and on the jump pack?  How did you get it so thin and uniform? Excellent work!!!

I used a hobby knife and rubber tipped sculpting tool. There isn't really any special technique or trick.

Yooooo this is top rank stuff!

Thanks a lot! 

Exquisite.

Thanks very much! 

Absolutely stunning miniature - both the build and the paint job. WOW!! One small nitpick: I think he would have come across just that .5% better if the haft of his hammer would poke out under his left hand. The pommel now just kinda dissapears in his hand, and it would have benefittef the miniature overall if it's show just a teensie bit below it. Other than that, this is as close to perfection as the Emperor's Children could come! <3

Thanks for the kind words bro! Yeah, I know what you mean re the hammer. He is actually holding the pommel of the hammer (a skull) in his hand. 

Man I just love everything about the model.
The subject, conversion and paintjob.
Will have to try and emulate that sweet purple.

Thanks bro! Glad you like him.

Damn it! Superb stuff mate! Really tempting me to have a bash at EC-ifying one of the new marines... I’ve got a couple of dudes that were going to be Night Lords, guess a couple of Noise Marines won’t hurt....

Yeah, go for it! I've made a few Traitor EC using the new CSM now. They work pretty well. 

Thanks for looking :wink: