Order of the Sacrificial Lilac

Sister Acacia

Should I allow some heavy weapon options? 1 in 10 models or something, and just HB/MM options, or perhaps Mortars, perhaps? They're meant to be defensive and slow-moving, but a few heavy weapons won't tread on the toes of Retributors or anything.

So, "Cops and Robbers"

1,500 points

:)

Inquisitor Tox with 9 Harridans (270 points)

-3x Shock and Plasma

-2x Bolt and Power

-2x Talon and Plasma

-1x Neuro-Whips

-1x Stingray

Chimera (70 points)

-Plasma

-Lascutter

:tu:

Lady Sistine (185 points)

-Rosarius

-Arbites Marshal

-Desk Jockey

-8 Bodyguards with Mauls and Shields

Repressor (75 points)

-Siege Shield

-Grenade Launcher

10 Harridans (180 points)

-2x Neuro Whips

-4x Shock and Plasma

-4x Bolt and Power

Chimera (70 points)

-Plasma

-Lascutter

Arbiters (165 points)

-2 Mastiffs

-Proctor with Power Maul and Shield

-1 Grenade Launcher + Shield

Repressor (65 points)

-Siege Shield

Arbiters (130 points)

-2 Mastiffs

-9 Shotguns

-1 Grenade Launcher

Repressor (75 points)

-Siege Shield

-HKM

Arbiters (130 points)

-2 Mastiffs

-9 Shotguns

-1 Grenade Launcher

Repressor (85 points)

-Siege Shield

-Twin Grenades

At 2,000 points, add:

:HQ:

Primrose (260 points)

-2 Crusaders

-4 DCAs

-2 Weapon Platforms

-1 Sister Hospitaler

Chimera (60 points)

-Autocannon

Ophanim (120 points)

-2 Meltas

-2 Sting Rays

Immolator (60 points)

-Arcaballista

Then for 2,500 points:

:D

4 Death Cultists (210)

-Mechanicus Assassin

:devil:

19 Initiates (270)

-Krak Grenades

-Shield Robes

-10 Shock Mauls

-4 Burning Blades

-Sister Sabine

Weird, not taking Heavy Support choices - especially for this tech-heavy army that's supposed to feel a bit bulky and siege-happy.

Countess Primrose: 110 pts

Retinue:

3 Plasma Cannon Servitors

6 Psykers

Chimera

175 pts

Assassin Cell

Vindicare Assassin

5 Death Cultists

240 pts

Guardian Squad:

20 Guardians

2 Autocannons

4 Mortars

340 pts

Skitarii Squad

2 Hellrifles

Missile Launcher

Chimera

235 pts

Skitarii Squad

2 Hellrifles

Missile Launcher

Chimera

235 pts

Dominion Support Bikes

5 bikes

2 Multi-meltas

1 Hospitaler

1 Jammer

1 Auspex

Mine Fields

170 pts

Dominion Support Bikes

5 bikes

2 Multi-meltas

1 Hospitaler

1 Jammer

1 Auspex

Mine Fields

170 pts

Vulture Gunship

3x Autocannon

130 pts

Retributor Choir:

VSS Lucille

9 Retributors

4 Heavy Bolters

Fragstorm shells and Blessed Ammo

3 Light Weapon Platforms w/Assault Cannons

Guardian Armor Upgrade

355 pts

Exorcist w/Smokestacks: 170 pts

Exorcist w/Smokestacks: 170 pts

Total: 2500

As a side note, the missile launcher seems a bit expensive for what it can do. I would personally bump it down to the same price as a normal missile launcher; the missiles are better, but having the range cut in half offsets that well enough on its own.

Nice gunlines - I noticed the use of all those weapon platforms.

I dropped the cost of Missile Launchers to +15 for the Canoness and Retributors. Vultures still pay the upgrade cost, because they get them in addition to Frags and Kraks.

A couple of thoughts when reading over some of the special rules:

You can probably remove the Mark of Chaos-based immunities for the radical Inq. powers - an unnecessary limitation considering that there's plenty of infighting that goes on between daemons/followers of the same god (plus it opens up a can of worms in that Daemons don't have Marks of Chaos, ruleswise.)

Tempest rounds: You're probably safe just saying that they auto-glance on a 6, plus, having a single random "Refer to Codex: Necrons" is kinda awkward.

Frost Cannon: Good idea, wouldja mind if I borrow this one for a Custodes minidex? It fits a theme of "low collateral damage weaponry" (since they're defending the Imperial Palace, which is interlinked with the Gold Throne) I'm going for.

Is the Frost Blaster the same as the Frost Cannon? No separate profile for the Blaster.

Saw this conversion on BoLS today, seems like a good way of modeling Dire Shielding.

Palatine Ishka's Petals: No real need to note that she has Eviscerators, yet they do not reduce her initiative, since Monstrous creatures always attack as 2d6 Penetration Power Weapons. Perhaps just note they're "massive chain weapons", then have the Auto-glance rules?

Perhaps change references of Defensive Grenades to Blind Grenades, for a bit of extra fluffflavor?

Maybe have Tank Traps only be deployable outside of the opponent's deployment zone? Otherwise it'd be pretty easy to completely box in enemy vehicles.

Are the Jet Pack options on the Canoness' profile meant to be Maglev boots?

You can probably remove the Mark of Chaos-based immunities for the radical Inq. powers - an unnecessary limitation considering that there's plenty of infighting that goes on between daemons/followers of the same god (plus it opens up a can of worms in that Daemons don't have Marks of Chaos, ruleswise.)

Done.

Tempest rounds: added the full description.

Frost Cannon: Good idea, wouldja mind if I borrow this one for a Custodes minidex? It fits a theme of "low collateral damage weaponry" (since they're defending the Imperial Palace, which is interlinked with the Gold Throne) I'm going for.

Sure, go right ahead. I borrowed heavily from a GW website article on Winter and Cold "stuff". There was an Apocalypse Stratagem where one model with a Flamer or Heavy Flamer has a Frost Cannon that Gets Hot! (cold, actually) and uses the Hellstorm template. Quite good, really.

And yes, I accidentally called it a Frost Blaster. Fixed.

That picture is awesome. Similar to what I was thinking, really.

Palatine Ishka's Petals: I leave them as-is, firstly so people know they are Eviscerators, and secondly because they double the Strength still.

Defensives changed to Blind Grenades (and included them in Wargear to explain what they are).

Fixed Tank Traps to not be in their DZ.

Jet Packs changed to Maglev Boots, yeah.

Sure, go right ahead. I borrowed heavily from a GW website article on Winter and Cold "stuff". There was an Apocalypse Stratagem where one model with a Flamer or Heavy Flamer has a Frost Cannon that Gets Hot! (cold, actually) and uses the Hellstorm template. Quite good, really.

Ah, I'd totally forgotten about that little gem.

Thinking on the Frost Cannon a bit more, some bits strike me as kinda odd - that if any models in a unit are frozen, then that unit cannot at all move/assault, while unfrozen models can shoot freely; just seems a little off how much more dramatically it affects mobility/assault focused units than it does static shooty units? I'm not sure if that's truly a problem, though, might just fall under the weapon having its strengths and weaknesses. Keeping track of which particular models are "frozen" within a unit could be a pain, though. Maybe something a bit more general to represent the effects? /shrug

Palatine Ishka's Petals: I leave them as-is, firstly so people know they are Eviscerators, and secondly because they double the Strength still.

Whoops, totally forgotten about the Strength part. I guess it comes down a matter of design philosophy, and not the rules themselves, but when the majority of a weapon's effects are either ignored or redundant on the wielder, I'd lean towards simply writing in the relevant effects as a new weapon entry (and describing the Petals as "customized Eviscerators" in the fluffbits.)

Also, mightn't the Tech-Priests have Power Armour? I don't know if they've ever had any "official" equipment, I just had that impression from the Enginseers, which rock the power armour despite being very low on the Mechanicum hierarchy.

Might be worth changing Hell Pistol to Hot-shot Laspistol; Hell Pistol seems kinda odd alongside Hell Rifle in some of the options lists, especially when taking a Hell Rifle limits some options, but taking a Hell Pistol doesn't.

Also, mightn't the Tech-Priests have Power Armour? I don't know if they've ever had any "official" equipment, I just had that impression from the Enginseers, which rock the power armour despite being very low on the Mechanicum hierarchy.

Yeah, 3+ armor for Techpriests is standard, although as I recall fluff-wise it's not always a case of having power armor, but rather that the techpriests have replaced a lot of their vulnerable fleshy bits.

Hmm, yeah, I need to make the effect a whole-unit thing. Now, doing that, should it be "the unit as a whole makes one test" (for quicker play and to give the unit a fairer chance as opposed to "roll 20d6 for your gaunts, if any of those fails, you're all locked down")? If that happens, given the number of high-I units (and giving that means one die, succeed and you're completely fine) the weapon would become massively cheaper.

Or should it basically screw units with lots of models by making them test for each model, and any failures means "the whole unit is affected and can't act"?

Good point on hot-shot, I forgot that C:IG changed that.

I'll change Tech-Priests to Power Armour and 3+, would that warrant a point increase for them?

My attempt at adapting the Frost Cannon to the Custodes worked on the amount of models in the enemy unit to determine if it was affected, it struck me as probably the best representative way (unarmoured freezes just as well as unarmoured, but freezing many is tricky);

"When a weapon with Frostcaster successfully hits an enemy unit, do not roll to-wound. Instead, roll a d6 and add the total number of Frostcaster shots from the firing unit that have hit the enemy. If the total is greater than the total number of Wounds possessed by the models in the target unit, then the entire enemy unit must blablablaeffect"

The Frostcaster's a small weapon which is held by each member of the unit, as opposed to the squad special weapon Frost Cannon, so the rules would have to be tweaked for the latter. Maybe, for the Frost Cannon, keep it as a template and use "When a Frost Cannon hits an enemy unit, do not roll to-wound. Instead, count the total models covered by Frost Cannon templates and add d6. If the total is greater than the total number of Wounds possessed by the models in the target unit, then the entire enemy unit must..."

This should be quick-ish to use and allow the Frostcaster a reasonable chance of effecting enemy units if they can get up close. I think it's reasonable since most non-mpower-armoured units, when approached up close, could simply be annihilated with a Heavy Flamer. The Frost Cannon would therefore get the most bang for its buck targeting smallish power/terminator armour units, an inverse of the Heavy Flamer.

For the Custodes treatment, I had the effect as "the entire unit must take a Dangerous Terrain Test each time it attempts to either move, run, shoot or assault for their controlling player's next player turn." since it wasn't as crippling, but limited the opponent's options (if they choose to move, shoot and assault, each model would have a roughly 40% chance of dying, I think.) Might change it to "the unit is considered to be in Dangerous Terrain for the entirety of its controlling player's next player turn, and all the units' weapons gain the "Gets Hot!" Special rule.", since that has less possible loopholes/doesn't cause vehicles to maybe immobilize themselves if they try and shoot.

Plus, representing a less thorough freezing seemed a bit more reasonable since a single game turn of 40k likely represents about a minute of movement/action (run forward ~35ft, firing a few bolter rounds into the enemy then charge), so having a "complete" freeze wear off in a turn seemed to be pushing it a little.

---

As for the Tech priest, maybe just up the unit cost to the next multiple of five? Having one model with Power Armour isn't a big buff.

Hmmm, not sure how Frost Cannon would currently work against Vehicle Squadrons? Maybe just have it affect the one vehicle that is physically touched by the Template. Also, a line stating that the AV -2 can only take it to a minimum of AV10 would be good, so we don't get AV9/AV10 vehicles hoppin' about :P

Also, maybe have Jump Packs/Maglev Boots simply be default options for Celestian Bodyguards? Would feel a bit more streamlined (and maybe make maglev boots on the Bodyguard a bit cheaper, since they don't have much by the way of Heavy Weapons.)

Archived