Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nestir V AoD, Restarting for Round 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Ok, everyone. Welcome to the restart of the Nestir V AoD.

Nestir V has been paused for the longest time now after my father passed away last year and we waited for the next AoD to be completed. Then last month I was intending to restart it again on the twenty second. But a madman that blew up our government’s HQ and went on a killing spree put a stop to that plan. I am currently in the process of moving to a new apartment, so things will be slow at first, but at least we can get going again now. :)

I have now read every Nestir V post, in every thread, in every sub forum of the B&C.
On top of this I also tracked down all the Nestir V stories and read them all.
That is 155 stories in 658 pages packed full of 307 273 characters.
To put it in other terms, that is three full Black Library novels of story.

I also wrote up a “short” version in timeline format.
This timeline is a summary of all the events that have transpired or that have been mentioned in the Nestir V stories; though I’ve added a line here and a line there to clarify a few things.
You can find the timeline here.

There are also over 200 images from different people, in the form of artworks, photos and banners; and yet more are to come - I know because I’m currently working on a few.

We also have 35 Character Entries, of which 30 have been active players, and only the Emperor knows how many NPCs.

We currently have eight active player characters left. These are:

Loyalists
Xavier Crussis of the Legio, seconded from the Imperial Fists - Aarhus
Lord Hakon Greymane of the Space Wolves - Cry wolf
Brother Veteran Morg of the Legio - Nephren-ka
Brother-Codicier Korvac of the Legio - Sigismund Himself

Traitors
Aedan Radek of the World Eaters -Alphz
Cryus Crom of the World Eaters - Kevlarshark
Lord Captain Belial Neigorath of the Black Legion - Neigorath
Apoc Everkill, fallen Dark Angel and leader of the Underhand - Yogi

That means we may have as many as 7 battles to look forward to before the end.

Both sides are now back at 100% energy, meaning 100 points to use for Round 3, but we will get back to that in the upcoming R3B1 thread in which we will be dealing with the return of the Imperial Fleet to challenge the Chaos Fleet’s superiority in orbit above Nestir V.

But for now, wake-up and smell the Napalm!
The frozen wastes of Nestir V are about to be warmed by the fires of war.

CMG

New-GA-hotlink-banner-190511.jpg

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,240 posts
Yay! Glad to see the AoD back!

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Chapter Master Ignis Domus

Chapter Master Ignis Domus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,766 posts
Most excellent. Can't wait for more!
Signature not compliant with forum rules
Hidden Content

Renik

Renik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,606 posts
a servitor walks up to a small cabin on a secluded beach phoen call for you master "what is it now cant people realise im on vacation what the propaganda ministrys been reopened oh for the love."

Yogi get up you lazy ass we have work to do where have you ended up this time wondering about to find yogi asleep in the hot tub "oi yogi we got work to do time reawaken the propaganda ministry"

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,794 posts
Most excellent, glad to hear you were okay after the horrors your country suffered CMG. :down: A message to the Imperials, give Apoc Everkill what for in vengeance for Commander Bannister's internment into his Dreadnought armour and for Captain Amorphous' demise at his hand last round. :)

I'll be watching in anticipation and in excitement.

Cambrius

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_15503.png

Yogi

Yogi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,983 posts
I have awoken.

PanzerSmurf

PanzerSmurf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 893 posts
Dundunduuuun!
I can bend minds with my spoon...
Standing in the shower, in the Metaltower!

Ju'kosian

Ju'kosian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,652 posts
nice to see this is coming back alive, sadly I believe my character is still very much dead :)

Wolf Lord Crysis

Wolf Lord Crysis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts
Once I get a model sorted I would very much like to be a part of the next on of these

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,415 posts
The Imperial Ministry of Truth is awakening as we speak. Come Yogi, let us dance once more...

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
Come on, Team Chaos! :woot:
Hidden Content

Kevlarshark

Kevlarshark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 570 posts
Yeah! Crom Still lives!

"I saw your Emperor. A handful of times, back in the age before he betrayed us all...
And he was no god. Perhaps not a man, but never a god."

gallery_17264_1670_28658.jpg gallery_17264_1670_711.gifgallery_17264_1670_3292.gif

Savage Mortician

Savage Mortician

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts
I'm putting my writing fingers on

I am the Physical Manifestation of Hell. I am the Reaper of souls, The bringer of Death. I am Pain Incarnate. I am the Savage Mortician

92% of knights have moved on to saying "ecky ecky ecky pi’tang zoop boing" . If you're part of the 8% who still say "Ni" copy and paste this into your signature!

me blog
Lions of Chardine IA

Apemantus

Apemantus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 598 posts
Nice to see this is back
My Space Marine armies
Imperial Fists third company under the command of Captain Korban Vermaas
Imperial Fists Seventh company under the command of Captain Ark Noonan
My DIY chapters I've created.
The Templars of Steel (Which have fractured and split into three new chapters, The Steel Templars, The Doom Templars, The Lost.)
The Hyplions.
The Crimson Gargoyles

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts

Most excellent, glad to hear you were okay after the horrors your country suffered CMG. ;) A message to the Imperials, give Apoc Everkill what for in vengeance for Commander Bannister's internment into his Dreadnought armour and for Captain Amorphous' demise at his hand last round. ;)

I'll be watching in anticipation and in excitement.

Cambrius

Thank you Brother Cambrius!
I was at a national memorial service yesterday and it was truly memorable. I am sure I will use some of the feel and experience from that in Nestir V somewhere.

nice to see this is coming back alive, sadly I believe my character is still very much dead :D

Yes, unfortunately he is, but the question is: Who will win the ultimate victory? :)

Once I get a model sorted I would very much like to be a part of the next on of these

Keep your eyes open and I'm sure that will happen!

Yeah! Crom Still lives!

Crom Rocks!

I'm putting my writing fingers on

That is great Savage!
Your skill is always welcome! :)

Also, a great big thank you to everyone who commented and are willing to keep following and to keep contributing to the AoD!

Tomorrow I'm moving the last of my stuff to my new apartment and a few days after I will be getting an Internet connection there.
I'm using the limited Internet connection at my workplace right now, so getting my own connection to the world will make getting this thing going a lot easier.

Sigismund himself is ok with still being the leader of the Imperials, and I've asked Neigorath if he wants to try on the shoes of the Chaos leader again, but haven't received an answer yet. - I will give it a couple more days, but I think the Chaos side needs to have another candidate ready as well.

Also, there is no harm in beginning to discuss character match-ups in your "secret" briefing room forums and to discuss how many points you are willing to bid to get your desired match-up.

R3B1 will be a normal character vs character battle and will happen in spaaaaceeee...

Now, go discuss, lay your plans, tactics and prepare your trash talk! ;)

CMG

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
So no one is interested in planning ahead or giving the enemy a hard time then??? :mellow:

PanzerSmurf

PanzerSmurf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 893 posts
Unfortunately my character is dead as doornails :).

BUT! If you need a writer/scenarist/whatever, give me a PM; and I'll be glad to help!
I can bend minds with my spoon...
Standing in the shower, in the Metaltower!

Yogi

Yogi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,983 posts
You don't need to plan when your victory is inevitable.

Just announce the next battle. Each camp will bid(whatever system is in place I forgot). And then things will be underway.

Evz

Evz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 191 posts
I am glad you made it out of the madness that happened, CMG. I am looking forward to this, it sounds really sweet and I'd love to be a part of it in the future! If you ever need another writer, PM me. I try my best.

Edited by Evz, 29 August 2011 - 03:56 PM.

Renik

Renik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,606 posts
propaganda minister renik has been on vacation (reading festival) so not been following but what planning do we need to do. The ministry of trutths attempts are laughable at the extreme time and time again the propaganda ministry has been shown to be mightier institution. Been a bed rock since fighting the war in antioc

Roma

Roma

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,004 posts
Srry, iv never played arena before, how do you enter?
If you cant post jere do you just PM the photos+combatant to you?

Edited by Brother Tyler, 30 August 2011 - 03:50 PM.
Text style formatting such as "u" for "you" is not allowed at the B&C.

I was miniaturized by Eberious!thanks.gif
http://www.bolterand...her-taio/page-7

"This warhammer cost 40k. Heh heh."- Gryphon Rider, Warcraft III.

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Ok, thank you everyone!
I have now finished moving to my new apartment, and I hope I won't have to wait too long to get my own Internet connection. - Still using the one at work.

Roma
To enter an AoD you follow whatever instructions are given for the creation of a character before that AoD starts. The rules usually change a bit between each AoD.
You can't enter a character for this AoD however, as there is a limited number of players and this AoD is already into round 3.
If you want to join in on an AoD, then keep your eyes open for the one coming after this one is finished.

Evz

Evz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 191 posts

Ok, thank you everyone!
I have now finished moving to my new apartment, and I hope I won't have to wait too long to get my own Internet connection. - Still using the one at work.

Roma
To enter an AoD you follow whatever instructions are given for the creation of a character before that AoD starts. The rules usually change a bit between each AoD.
You can't enter a character for this AoD however, as there is a limited number of players and this AoD is already into round 3.
If you want to join in on an AoD, then keep your eyes open for the one coming after this one is finished.

Will do. Can't wait.

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Ok, so finally, finally I have a stable Internet connection at home. That only took five months longer than originally anticipated.
This is the first restart story for Round 3 and it picks up exactly where we left off. I recommend reading the next to last Nestir V R2 story again before this one:
http://www.bolterand...p;#entry2247078

And maybe even the last section of the timeline:
http://www.bolterand...p...t&p=2847788
Reading from the Apr. 16 008.M42 entry.

Again I apologize for the extreme delay!
Oh, and incidentally I just noticed that this is my 3000th post here on the B&C :)
The next story will be up later in the week.

Here we go:

A few minutes before the Iron Bears' Strike Cruiser, the Ursa Minor hit home on Nestir V, Captain Melxis was struggling to regain his composure. He was paralyzed and trapped in the ship's helm, his hand still resting on the command console of the Captain's Command Chair, where the increased pressure of the ship's onboard granitic regulators had forced him to depress the button that had set the ship on a collision course with Hive Primus.

Melxis, trapped in his own body, had felt fear, shame and horror at realizing he was about to become what he had always feared becoming the most. A Traitor! - A butcherer of Imperial lives and the destroyer of an entire Imperial Hive City.
For months he had struggled with dreams in which he had heard voices accusing him of being a traitor, and now, although unwillingly, that was just what he was about to become.

Trapped inside his own head, he screamed in terror and rage, hoping beyond hope to spasm and shake himself free of this impossible situation; but just as before, his body refused to move. Finally, after a few minutes of rage, disbelief and finally resigned helplessness, he took a few deep breaths and calmed himself. "Marines never give up!", he suddenly remembered a drill sergeant telling him as a recruit, the sergeant's voice coming as clearly to his mind as his own. Then he realized that that sergeant in fact had been himself telling off a recruit back when he had served as a mentor in Tenth Company. Melxis steeled his resolve and lifted his gaze again, looking out at the decimated bridge of the Ursa Minor. "Marines never give up!", he told himself again through gritted teeth. - "They just keep pushing onwards, no matter the odds, no matter the situation. - Where there is life, there is hope!".

Melxis calmed himself and thought about it. He was on a collision course with Hive Primus, and already burning through the atmosphere of Nestir V. Having been paralyzed and put into this impossible situation by the traitorous Chaos Marines that had boarded his ship, all he had left now was his keen mind, and so he would have to use it!

Focusing on his heads up display, he again noted how his Power Armour reported that the main nerves running through his spine had been severed. This injury made it impossible for him to move anything except his eyes and mouth. That however, Captain Melxis realized with a smile, meant that he could still cycle through the menus of his Power Armour's onboard systems and he suddenly remembered something the Apothecary of the Guardian Angels' 8th had shown him a few weeks earlier.

From the earlier words of the Chaos Captain Neigorath, who had put him in this position, Captain Melxis also knew that his peril was being broadcast live to the panicking people of Hive Primus as his ship hurtled with deadly speed towards it, so with a thought Melxis opened the vox speaker of his Power Armour and addressed the people of Nestir V.

"My fate is sealed", he said, his voice steady and low. "But the fate of Nestir V is still in your hands. Stay loyal to the Emperor's cause and keep fighting! - You will win!".

With that Melxis sent a mental command for his power armor to connect with the ship's systems and shut down the broadcast. To his surprise it worked and his focus shifted to the shattered remains of the bridge's forward view screen. There he could see land and snow rushing up at him through a vision of fire and ice as the Ursa Mino burned through the atmosphere. Still smoldering the mighty ship was falling through the sky at a shallow angle, towards Nestir V and the snowy wastelands surrounding it.

Concentrating on himself again, Melxis got the medical aid menu of his power armour open. This is where his earlier Apotechary-given wisdom came into play. Mentally he inserted a command word, and a number of medical system overrides appeared on his HUD. He quickly scrolled down the list and selected one called: "Override bioneural pathways and reroute through Black Carpace to Mk7 fibre bundles". Having selected the item, a blinking quarry appeared on his HUD: "WARNING! This will permanently damage the wearer's neural pathways! Are you sure you wish to precede? - YES, NO". Melxis took a deep sigh and thought "Here we go", then he selected yes.

A searing pain shot through his body as every data jack in his black carpase burned with neural feedback and sensation poured back into his limbs. Neural signals from his body were being relayed through his armour to his brain and he could feel not only the pain of his own injured body, but also the feedback of his damaged armour. Biting down hard to fight the pain, Melxis found he could move a finger. Then his hand and then his arm. With great effort he was able to input the command to reset the ship's gravitic regulators to normal. Then quickly he set to work on the ship's systems themselves. The ship would impact on Hive Primus in less than two minutes, so he didn't have much time.

Under extreme pain and duress Melxis, Captain of the Iron Bears, Hero of Nestir V, began giving the Ursa Minor new orders.

+ + + +

In the streets below in the western mid-hive level of Hive Primus, Commander Norrington, the Commander of Nestir V's new Planetary Defense Forces stood beside the new Planetary Governor. Alongside nearly a hundred elite Kaserkin guardians and a few thousand Imperial citizens they had just watched a grand hero of Nestir V give them his dying words. "The fate of Nestir V is still in your hands. Stay loyal to the Emperor's cause and keep fighting! - You will win!", he had said with firm conviction, and everyone had stopped in the streets as the transmitted image had gone dark. After that a great calm had settled on them. People mumbled amongst themselves and to each other. They prayed to the Emperor for deliverance and hoped beyond themselves to see a new dawn.

On the horizon to the west however, the deadly reality of the situation came at them on a pillar of flame. Six kilometers of smoldering metal in the shape of a dying Astartes Strike Cruiser was swooping down at them and they all knew they had nowhere to go. As Commander Norrington looked skywards from among the spires of Hive Primus he turned towards the east to gaze out at the marvel of Hive Primus one last time. High above in the distance he could see the far away, ebony white spires of the eastern upper hive and the outcropping plateau of the Altitronus Superna Space Port. Hundreds of small flyers were lining the sky to the east as the rich and powerful fled the city. The Imperial Governor and Norrington himself were supposed to be up there as well. They were supposed to have a few Aquila landers waiting for them at the Altitronus, but those flyers had probably already left by now.

Then he heard it. A massive, nearly concussive set of explosions. Norrington threw himself around to look at the western sky again, as did everyone around him. There he saw that the Strike Cruiser of the Iron Bears had fired all its planet strike capable weapons, as well as all its drop pods. Massive explosions followed the ship as it came in over the plains from the far western mountains. Commander Norrington could see that the ship's trajectory had changed to a shallower angle and that the rear engines had cut out. The massive set of explosions had even given it some lift in the front, but it would not be enough Norrington knew.

Then the ship shifted on it's axis, tilting over on its side so it flew with the bayboard side towards the ground. Around him thousands of people trapped in the streets gasped at the spectacular maneuver. Then to their surprise, the Ursa Minor fired a full broadside of torpedoes and lance weapons. The plains of Primus quaked as the set of massive energy beams came thundering down from the crashing Astartes Strike Cruiser. The massive energy beams bombarded the snow filled fields beyond Hive Primus and left long scars of molten rock while steam exploded into the air. The ship was almost upon them by the time the cannons cut out again and the ship's rear engines fired up once more. The massive show of force had indeed given the Ursa Minor a bit of a lift and it had drastically shifted her front skywards. Now she was trying to fire her rear engines while tilting back into upright position so that she would gain enough lift and thrust to shoot back up into the sky and miss Hive Primus entirely. It was clear to everyone present however, that for all her effort it would not be enough, and throughout the streets of Hive Primus, people truly began to panic.

Norrington could not pull his eyes away from the spectacle and slack jawed he watched as the ship came at them at an upwards angle. It had grown huge by now and was blocking out the sky, a hellish seen of steam and molten rock beneath her. "Emperor have mercy on us now!", Norrington said wide-eyed as the panic all around him grew to new heights. They all knew that few, if any, would survive the impact. Then a moment later a massive thunderclap that just wouldn't end hit them. So loud and so deep was it, that Norrington thought he would go deaf. Despite himself he grabbed at his ears and half ducked, as did everyone around him.

All of Hive Primus shook and vibrated as the Ursa Minor finally penetrated Hive Primus' Void shields and struck the top towers of the upper spires. All throughout Hive Primus the Void shields flickered and failed. Huge towers came tmubling down into the streets below in dozens of places. The vibrations set every remaining cloister bell in the city to work, and as the city shook and the upper spires came tumbling down, every soul in the city screamed out in terror.

Then, as suddenly as it had come, the Ursa Minor had passed through the main city, having dragged down an untold number of towers in its devastating path. The massive Strike Cruiser passed just above the Altitronus Superna, then it went beyond the city perimeters and plowed into the fleeing flyers of the rich and powerful, dragging them along into the maw of death. "The great equalizer has come to Hive Primus at last", Commander Norrington thought as the panic all around him continued and the elite military guard struggled to hold a safe perimeter around the Planetary Govorner and their Commander.

Several kilometers beyond the city walls, the Ursa Minor finally hit home on Nestir V. She landed with her belly down in the snow, gliding another eighteen kilometers along the snow and ice before finally coming to a rest. The ship's impact had sent another shock wave through Hive Primus, and yet a few towers, already unstable from their earlier brush encounter with the massive battleship, came tumbling down. One of them listed over to the side and struck the Nex Spensa primary tower, shaking it enough that it's top spire swayed and set Hive Primus' Bell of Lost Souls tolling alongside the other cloister bells of the city.

Back onboard the Ursa Minor, an Imperial Hero still, Captain Melxis of the Iron Bears finally dared to draw his final breath, and some sixty thousand light years away, in the throne room of Terra, a single teardrop fell.

Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle, 22 January 2012 - 10:20 PM.

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,794 posts

Back onboard the Ursa Minor, an Imperial Hero still, Captain Melxis of the Iron Bears finally dared to draw his final breath, and some sixty thousand light years away, in the throne room of Terra, a single teardrop fell.

:lol: Beautiful...simply beautiful.

Faaaantastic! Absolutely incredible work CMG! :) The AoD is truly returning to Nestir. The long winter is over.

Cambrius

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_15503.png