Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Silo doors

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

tombear01

tombear01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
Certain sorts of packaging can be used to add detail to what would otherwise be boring pieces.

The edging to these overgrown silo doors was made from the lids of Splenda sugar substitute cartons/boxes (I assume the ones in Nesquick or supermarket brand milkshake powder ones are the same). I just ripped the cardboard part off and trimmed the plastic as required. Doors are thick plasticard.

Posted Image

ATB

Tom

Lestat

Lestat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,268 posts
Pretty good idea - guess I'll be stopping off tomorrow on my way home from work and buying some Nesquick!

ShinyRhino

ShinyRhino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,490 posts
I love found-item terrain. Nicely done!
-- "To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver, and to repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat."

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,319 posts
That is really, really cool. Simple but a nice touch.

Sanguine Eternal

Sanguine Eternal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 371 posts

Nice job, I bet those silo doors would look pretty cool on a mountain side entrance or something as well.

"Drink deep of victory and remember the fallen."

Inscription over the archway leading to the Sepulchre of Heroes on Baal Secondus