Metal Apostle's White Scars thread

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Been really lazy with my posting! Since last time i've completed about 1000 points of stuff, including some infantry, two land raider variants, rhinos, attackbikes etc.... but sadly you won't be seeing them in this post. I've had no photoshop lately and haven't been able to adjust/quickly edit/reduce my pics. Soon, i promise!

What i would like to share with you guys though is a set of heads i've sculpted for the White Scars. The plan is to have a set of five asian/mongolian style space marine heads that i can have made in resin and used more and more commonly throughout my army. These have longer, asian looking features; grimmer facial features; topknots and the occasional Fu-Man-Chu; and of course... those famous ritual scars! They've already been used in that 1000pt batch i mentioned earlier, so you'll see them painted soon enough. For now, check out the greens i've made.

gallery_47037_6355_25731.jpg

gallery_47037_6355_15509.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm really glad to see you back mate :tu: Epic work as always! By the way, to replace Photoshop, why don't you try out GIMP? It's free, open-source and a really powerful tool (not the exact equivalent of PS, but it does things very well and has very similar tools/functions).

Cheers,

Ludovic

• 1 month later...

Greetings! So I'm back for another round of LPC and I've vowed (Holy Emperor's teeth, it's late Feb already!) to paint two squads of fully magnetised Land Speeders. With the recent Dark Angels releases it seems GW has upped the ante on chapter details on their space marines; not wanting to be beat in this department without a fight, I've worked on adding more talismans, more pelts and other White Scars iconography to really give these sky chariots a bit more character.

Here goes:

The Speeders themselves

gallery_47037_8203_603783.jpg

The Details

gallery_47037_8203_403988.jpg

The Crew

gallery_47037_8203_737838.jpg

The Bases

gallery_47037_8203_403988.jpg

The reason why the assembly stage took so long!! wallbash.gif

gallery_47037_8203_424967.jpg

On the point of the guns.. I've made the heavy flamers from the IG sentinel kit and built the typhoon missiles to be chin-mounted so as to simplify the design of it all. I still have six more chin-mounted heavy bolters to complete in the next few days... after this and a bit of sand, i'll be ready to spray!

Wish me luck.

There's not much that beats seeing White Scars done well.

Great stuff! You have got them looking like they should. I used hate seeing White Scars in (modern) White dwarfs. Look loads of bikes, loads of normal space marines on bikes.... Put your shades on lads because these boys are bright, bright and clean.....

These remind me of the Legend that was Paul Sawyer and his White Scars army from back in the 90's.

The Mongol shields and all the little details really make these work. The dirty white with battle damage really adds to the image of Marines who live for the hunt.

Good luck with all those speeders and weapons.

Great, great, great work.

Cheers

Thanks for the support guys! I don't want to wear the banner of shame either!!

@ Yak, i know right?! They ones in WD are far to clean and codex be White Scars. True Chogorians are born in the saddle. And don't get me started on the herasy of that Scar dreadnaught furious.gif

A quick verbal update, I've finished the bases and I have the additional 6 heavy bolters on hand now. I'll try build them tomorrow night sometime!

Full speed ahead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update #2

Only 3 days to go!! So far behind!

I'll keep this one short, but here's where i'm at so far... Only just done with all the white and blacks so the plus is that it's all downhill from here, the minus is that there's still so much to do.

gallery_47037_6355_366145.jpg

gallery_47037_6355_90431.jpg

gallery_47037_6355_237252.jpg

gallery_47037_8203_131195.jpg

Hopefully post again in a few days time and good luck to those still completing their challenges. Now back to the painting table...

Less than a day left! Since yesterday, I've finished all the metallics and currently finishing up the browns. The plan now is to complete all the transfers and reds tonight with the weathering and basing tomorrow.... so tired... but so, so close...

"Guns... lots of guns"

gallery_47037_6355_481108.jpg

gallery_47037_6355_370170.jpg

gallery_47037_6355_258473.jpg

gallery_47037_6355_175608.jpg

gallery_47037_6355_132461.jpg

Browns sample

gallery_47037_6355_251309.jpg

See you in 24hours!

Archived