Codex: Star Shields

SnakeoilSage

ok..was wondering if there is a fluff reason..;)

i like dreadnoughts-the models are great! they would make a good "bodyguard" for the advancing dev squads..."no mr hive tyrant! no dev squad for lunch today!" :)

i read up on leonardo davinci..he was a very clever man but i think he got bored very easily and was good at procrastination...was it a conscious decision to only concentrate on the positive traits of davinci?

sorry for all the questions!

oh yeah..there is one more thing..(ha! i did a columbo!) you come up with a chapter badge yet? got any painted star shields?

Naw, there is mention of Serpiero entering his twilight years, restless and unable to finish anything. I'll be toning down on him too.

Okay, I don't have a detailed report because it is the long weekend and after our wargame battle my fellow clubbers and I hit the black rum pretty hard.

But we were playing an 8000 total point battle; 2 vs. 2 of Chaos Space Marines of Nurgle and Khorne vs. Grey Knights and the Star Shields. Since my Grey Knight ally was, well, Grey Knights, I decided to go heavy on the infantry to shore up the numbers. I had a Star Shields Captain with Orbital Strike, Terminator Armour and Assault Cannon, and an Honour Guard of Terminators with Assault Cannons. I took my High Guard and a group of Terminators, and then nothing but Devastators with Drop Pods. My ally went for plenty of powerful close-range forces, who would tear up the field once they'd deployed.

Most of the Imperial Forces (us) remained in reserve for the first turn, so the Chaos boys spread out across the table; I guess to catch us if we scattered. I had to deploy because of the drop pod assault and got half of my Devastators down.

Next turn, the Chaos guys took some shots and killed a fair number of my Devastators (*sigh*). More of my forces deployed including my High Guard and the Grey Knights began arriving in large numbers, including a Land Raider. My return-fire didn't do so great but I managed to take out some Traitors and a Rhino.

Chaos kept up the pressure, trying to get its assault forces against my Devastators, but now things were turning around! ALL of my remaining forces deployed this turn, with my Captain and his Retinue and my Terminator Squad deploying thanks to the Focus Locator. When my ally learned about the Locator's powers he used it to deploy most of his Grey Knight terminators, too, creating an island of Terminators in the middle of the battlefield. It was glorious to imagine that kind of teleportation storm.

So fourth round, and Chaos completely turns its attention onto the roughly 2000 points of Terminators now standing in their midst. My Devastators formed up behind cover and started laying down concentrated fire, obliterating the Chaos Forces. Their firepower was joined by my Captain, Honour Guard, and Terminators, who had 5 Assault Cannons between them. Grey Knights waded into the field, sucking up Sorcerer powers and unleashing those darn scary Nemesis Weapons on Khorne Berserkers and Plague Marines. That kind of power was just no match for the Chaos forces, who were massacred piecemeal. Perhaps the Chaos Forces had been expecting Tactical Marines and lots of vehicles?

Fifth round was basically non-existent. The Chaos Forces were scattered and there was still a solid block of the Emperor's Finest in the center of the map, supported by groups of Devastators that had regrouped behind cover. The battle ended with an Imperial Victory.

Which... is how the Chaos boys expected it to end. They were working with an old and apparently broken Chaos Space Marine Codex, against a homebrewer and 5th Edition Grey Knights.

well done! one more glorious victory for the emperor! :D

I like the thought of serpiero becoming a hermit and then disappearing one day...it just interests me for some reason...

read your re-booted fluff-much, much much better...left comments in the thread.

i love this chapter! cant wait to see your first painted star shields! :)

well done! one more glorious victory for the emperor! :)

I like the thought of serpiero becoming a hermit and then disappearing one day...it just interests me for some reason...

read your re-booted fluff-much, much much better...left comments in the thread.

i love this chapter! cant wait to see your first painted star shields! :)

It was a bit of a turkey shoot after those first shakey rounds. I don't have a copy of Codex Chaos Space Marines on hand so I can only take my opponent's word that its got some issues that have yet to be addressed. I think versus Vanilla Marines they might do better but against the newest Grey Knights and a homebrew codex they were getting kind of shafted. Still, it would make for a great battle report.

My friend and I are building funds to get our hands on the models and paints; I'm gonna start with a few units of Devastators and get enough bitz to forge a unique Helm Shieldbane.

If you're wondering about the Chapter's colors, they're Skull White and Fenris Grey. I think if the actual Fenris Grey doesn't look quite right on the model, I'll try Midnight Blue/water on Chaos Black. But don't quote me - I'm not that good a painter. *Laughs*

C:CSM is out of date. It's pretty hard to make an army list that can take on the current codexes (unless you know your opponent using a bike, ranged etc.).

I can't wait to see your models. They should be awesome.

Yeah, I felt kind of sorry for the guys. They had some pretty sweet looking Chaos Marines.

No clue when I'll have my first models but I hope they'll satisfy!

its ok..you cant be as bad a painter as me! :P

cant wait to see your first completed star shields!

They are grey? they look blue on the other thread? or is that just me?

any ideas on the chapter symbol yet?

i like your chapter by the way..

Fenris Gray is a dark grayish blue color, just like Space Wolves Gray is a very light gray-blue. Heck, a navy blue would be a good color for the Star Shields.

I have some thoughts on the Chapter symbols, I think I can make a suitable picture.

I'm glad you like my Chapter, man. :P Feel free to create your own based on their rules (maybe the Star Shields have descendant Chapters?) or consider yourself a welcome brother of the Star Shields themselves!

Inspired by a model shown to me by thehumanvolcano, I decided to include this special character to take advantage of it. Check out the model here!

Capen Berdam

Capen Berdam is a 0-1 Elite choice.

[/th][th]WSBSSTWIALdSv

Capen Berdam4454(6)44283+

200 Points

• Monstrous Creature (unique)

• 1 Capen Berdam

• Power armour
  • Spear of the Hunt
  • Flash, frag and krak grenades
  • Stonehide

• Brother Bear
  • Fog of War

WARGEAR

Spear of the Hunt: This decorative lance was created by a grateful Star Shields Techmarine after Capen and Stormhide saved his squad from a rampaging Carnifex.

The Spear of the Hunt is a Relic blade with a Kodiak-pattern boltgun incorporated into the shaft.

Stonehide: Stonehide is a ghost bear, a species that many on Ursalis only know of in legend. Already larger than a Fenrisian Thunderwolf, the Star Shield apothecaries believe Stonehide has yet to reach his full size. He is every bit as fearsome as the legends of his kind claim.

Together, Capen and Stonehide count as a Monstrous Creature, with +2 Toughness (included in Capen's profile) and two additional attacks in close combat that act as chainfists.

SPECIAL RULES

Brother Bear: Stonehide is extremely territorial and protective of his adopted brother Capen, so the two do not spend much time in Chapterhouse, preferring to stalk the open ice of Ursalis. They have slain some of the greatest beasts to threaten the Imperium, and together they are without fear.

Capen is Fearless and has the ability to outflank. He and Stonehide count as a unit of one, and cannot join or be joined by other units. If Capen is slain in close combat, Stonehide immediately counter-attacks, making D3+1 attacks to the offending unit (Strength 10, ignores armour saves). Stonehide then drags Capen to safety - treat them as a casualty.

Fog of War: As a ghost bear, Stonehide emits a heavy, cold mist wherever he walks. This seems to be some form of instinctive psychic power, manifesting even in environments that could not support such a climate. Even standing next to Stonehide is no guarantee that you will see it, making the beast extremely difficult to strike.

Capen has a 5+ cover save that counts as an Invulnerable save in close combat.

I have revised my 1k list...

a question-if i take devastators as troops do they have to be full strength? (i imagine the answer is yes?)

Was thinking of adapting your idea slightly for my own diy or possibly getting star shields. Need to see some painted star shields and the chapter symbol first though (to see if i can pull it off, im not the best painter...in fact im rubbish!)

interesting character-is a bit space wolf riding thunderwolfy.

I have revised my 1k list...

a question-if i take devastators as troops do they have to be full strength? (i imagine the answer is yes?)

Was thinking of adapting your idea slightly for my own diy or possibly getting star shields. Need to see some painted star shields and the chapter symbol first though (to see if i can pull it off, im not the best painter...in fact im rubbish!)

interesting character-is a bit space wolf riding thunderwolfy.

You can take Devastators as Troops whichever way you like.

I'll see about whipping up a Chapter icon today.

Yeah; the model looked pretty cool. :P

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u123/Snakeoil_Sage/StarShieldsIcon.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u123/Snakeoil_Sage/StarShieldsIcon2.jpg

Here's some rough designs for the Star Shields symbols. I think I like the simple two-color with the chevron better.

the bottom shield but with the star from the top?

thought it would be blue and white for some reason? maybe blue, white star and black "devastator" chevron?

Well the symbol sits on a white background (i.e. a Star Shield shoulder pauldron), so I made it solid blue and black to stand out against it.

Consider the Shield, Chevron, and Sunburst to be the Star Shields primary symbols with some variation of blue and white. Because of the chevron I'm assuming that Devastators use a different color to signify their battle role.

Snakeoil, one of these days we should throw a VASSAL game together. I wonder how well our respective homegrown chapters would match - either as allies or as enemeis.

That could be fun!

Indeedit would. However, ti would require organizing it :D

I'm pretty much avilable every day from 16:30 (4:30pm) forum time :P

That could work! No idea how I'd draw it on them, though.

Don't do it quartered. Just do the shield and there's probably transfers for the sunburst out there (look for preheresy thousand sons stuff. It'll probably be bigger than the shield but it'll still look pretty cool).

bl.php?text=Codex:%20STAR%20SHIELDS&fontsize=25&bg=000000

The Star Shields stand vigil over the Bulwark Stars, a series of resource-rich systems on the fringe of the Imperium. Sparsely populated, these colony worlds on the might of the Emperor's Finest to safeguard them against the multitude of xenos threats lurking in the darkness beyond the Astrnomican - the Emperor's guiding light. When Eldar craftworlds, Ork Waaagh!'s, and Tyranid Hive Fleets begin their march into the Imperium, they must weather the massed heavy firepower and cold, ruthless tactics of the Star Shields.

Well suited to defense, the Star Shields favour heavy weapons and a slow-but-inevitable combat style well suited to commanders who enjoy the destructive power of Devastators, Dreadnoughts, and tanks. The rules below are a homebrew codex, and still being playtested. Feel free to comment and critique!

STAR SHIELDS SPECIAL RULES

FOCUSED MARCH
Infantry models with this rule may re-roll Dangerous Terrain tests. Any model with this rule may declare a Focused March at the start of their Movement. When a model declares a Focused March, all models in its unit move as if in Difficult Terrain. Any models in the unit with the Focused March special rule may fire heavy weapons this turn, even though they have moved. Models may not launch an assault when making a Focused March.
Models with the Focused March special rule never gain an attack bonus when launching an assault. Models without this rule do not gain the benefits of a Focused March. All other rules for shooting when deep striking, disembarking, and/or firing from a vehicle’s firing points apply.

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO FEAR, COMBAT SQUADS
See Codex: Space Marines, page 51.

WARGEAR

This section contains new additions to the Star Shields armoury. See the Wargear section, page 97 of Codex: Space Marines for their standard Wargear.

CHILLING WEAPONS
Chilling weapons utilize a volatile cryogenic gas called Boream, which creates temperatures reaching -1000 degrees. Vacuum-containment is necessary for storing Boream, and exteme care must be taken to ensure accidental breaches do not occur. Nevertheless these versatile capsules can be used in a variety of munitions. When relaesed, Boream expands into a heavy cloud that freezes flesh and machinery in seconds. The cloud disperses rapidly, but the sudden shift of temperatures can shatter even adamatium and ceramite plating like brittle glass.

Chilling weapons have the Rending and Get’s Hot! (Get’s Cold! may be more accurate) rules, as described on page 31 of the Warhammer Rulebook. In addition, any unit that suffers a Rending wound from a Chilling weapon must take a Toughness test (use the majority Toughness of the unit) or be treated as being in Dangerous Terrain until the end of their next turn, as their bodies and armour are subjected to the lingering Boream cloud. Vehicles and/or models without a Toughness characteristic are unaffected on a roll of 4+.

WEAPONS

KODIAK BOLTGUN
The Kodiak-pattern was modified from the Stalker boltgun. It fires a unique bolt which injects Boream directly into a target, freezing organs and critical machinery from the inside out.
Profile:

24"

Heavy 2, Rending

LANCER
The Lancer is a weapon discovered in the depths of Ursalis. It uses a graviton beam to rip apart the toughest metals with supersonic fractures, the visual effect similar to the webbed cracks that form on splintering glass.
Profile:

24”

Heavy 1, Lance

MAULER GRENADE LAUNCHER
Maulers provide tactical close-range firepower against lightly armoured targets. Its shell contains a proximity detector that detonates before impact, blanketing the foe with a cloud of freezing Boream gas.
Maulers have also been miniaturized into combi-weapons, as described on page 97 of Codex: Space Marines.
Profile:

12”

Assault 1, Blast, Chilling

STALKER-PATTERN BOLTGUN
The Stalker-pattern boltgun is popular with the Star Shield sharpshooters. The original was gifted to the Chapter by the Ultramarines during the Gustan Incursion, and the Star Shields have since learned how to reproduce it.
See Codex: Space Marines, page 88 for details.

WAR SAW
A war saw is a two-handed chainaxe. Successful armour saves made against a war saw must be re-rolled. A model wielding a war saw cannot get an additional attack for having an additional close combat weapon.

GRENADES

BOREAM GRENADES
Boream Grenades release clouds of super-cold gas, frost-burning exposed eyes, flesh, and lungs, while vital machinery and sensors become clogged with ice.
Boream grenades are defensive grenades, as detailed in the Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook, page 36.

ARMOUR

TERMINATOR ARMOUR
The Star Shields' unique Ursus-pattern Terminator armour is heavily fortified, designed for the finest protection infantry can carry at the cost of mobility. Star Shields models in Terminator armour have the Move Through Cover and Slow and Purposeful special rules. They cannot perform a sweeping advance.
A model wearing Terminator armour has a 2+ armour save and a 5+ invulnerable save.
Any model wearing Terminator armour can be teleported onto the battlefield. They may always start the game in reserve and arrive using deep strike rules, even if it is not part of the mission being played.
Terminators count as two models for the purposes of transport capacity and cannot embark Grizzlies, Rhinos or Razorbacks.

STAR SHIELDS PSYCHIC POWERS

Star Shields Librarians focus their powers on manipulating gravity and magnetism to crush the enemy. They are also able to telepathically communicate with machinery, re-wiring electronics and soothing the Machine Spirit on a psychic level.

ANCHOR
The Librarian intensifies the pull of gravity on a target, slowing them to sluggish speed and sometimes crushing a hapless victim under the weight of their own bodies.
At the beginning of his turn, the Librarian targets a single non-vehicle enemy unit within 24". That unit is treated as being in Difficult and Dangerous Terrain until the start of the Librarian's next turn.

ATTUNEMENT
The Librarian places his hand on a vehicle, joining his mind to craft and crew, eroding confusion and malfunction alike.
At the start of his Shooting phase, the Librarian makes a psychic test on a vehicle he is in base contact with. If he passes a Crew Shaken result or Crew Stunned result (owning player's choice) is removed from the vehicle.

HEARTSEEKER
The Librarian casts a handful of metal pellets at hypervelocity speeds, puncturing armour and ricocheting through the soft tissues within.
This power is a psychic shooting attack.
Profile:

Template

Rending

IMPLODE
With a mixture of gravity, magnetism and sheer psychic will, the Librarian lifts a target as large as a Land Raider off the ground and attempts to crush it into a ball of twisted metal.
This power is a psychic shooting attack.
Profile:

12"

Heavy 1, Lance, Rending

KRAK MAGNET
The Librarian creates a well of magnetic energy focused on an enemy tank, allowing his allies’ explosive ordnance to strike more accurately.
At the start of his Shooting Phase the Librarian targets a single enemy vehicle within 36”. Until the start of the Librarian’s next turn, any Krak weapons (grenades, missiles, etc.) used on the affected vehicle will hit on a 3+ or better.

LEVITATE
The Librarian envelopes a friendly vehicle with a field of light gravity and magnetic properties, carrying it a few feet above the ground for a brief period of time as though it weighed no more than a feather.
This power is used as the start of the Librarian's Movement phase. He selects a friendly vehicle within 6", which automatically passes all dangerous terrain tests until the start of the Librarian's next turn. If the Librarian is slain while using this power on a vehicle, the effect immediately ends and that vehicle must take a Dangerous Terrain test.

SPACE WALK
The Librarian envelopes his allies in a sheath of lightened gravity, allowing them to move with enhanced speed.
This test is taken at the start of the Librarian’s turn. If he passes, he and any Infantry unit he has joined count as having the Relentless rule until the end of that turn.

SENSOR GHOST
The Librarian extends his will into his enemy's sensors (or sensory organs), creating illusions that hamper their targeting.
At the start of his turn the Librarian targets a single enemy unit or vehicle within 36". That unit is treating as if Night Fighting (see the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, pg. 95) until the start of the Librarian's next turn.

ARMY LIST: HQ

HELM SHIELDBANE
Helm Shieldbane 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 10 2+

250 Points
  • Infantry

• 1 Helm Shieldbane (unique)

• Atlas-pattern Terminator armour
  • Shieldbane

• And They Shall Know No Fear
  • Focused March
  • Slow and Purposeful
  • Unerring Vigilance
  • Eternal Warrior
  • Orbital Bombardment
  • Independent Character

WARGEAR
Atlas-pattern Terminator Armor:The Atlas is a suit of Star Shields Terminator armour (see the Wargear section) with forearm mounted Kodiak boltgun and mauler grenade launcher. Helm can fire both weapons in the same Shooting phase.

Shieldbane: Helm’s signature weapon is a massive war hammer. The weapon incorporates a null-field generator, a unique piece of archeotech that nullifies energy fields.
Shieldbane counts as a power fist. Invulnerable saves made against wounds from Shieldbane must be re-rolled.

SPECIAL RULES
Unerring Vigilance: If Helm is on the field, all friendly models may roll 3D6 for Morale and Pinning tests, keeping the two lowest rolls.

ALONDO KES
Alondo Kes 4 5 5 4 2 3 2 10 2+

225 Points
  • Infantry

• 1 Alondo Kes (unique)

• Artificer armour
  • Servo-harness
  • Plasma gun
  • Ice and krak grenades

• Focused March
  • Slow and Purposeful
  • Blessing of the Omnissiah
  • Lord of the Armoury
  • Secrets of Plasmafire
  • Knowledge of the Ages
  • Independent Character

SPECIAL RULES
Secrets of Plasmafire: Masters of the Forge and Techmarines in an army that includes Alondo Kes may ignore the Get's Hot! rule for plasma pistols, plasma guns, and plasma cannons (this includes any combi-plasma boltguns, and plasma weapons on servo-harnesses).

Knowledge of Ages: Masters of the Forge and Techmarines in an army that includes Aulondo Kes, including Alondo himself, may re-roll failed Blessing of the Omnissiah attempts.

VALKUS DARKMIND
Valkus Darkmind 5 5 5 4 2 3 2 10 3+

230 Points
  • Infantry

• 1 Valkus Darkmind (unique)

• Power armour
  • Psivo-arm
  • Bolt pistol
  • Ice and krak grenades

• Focused March
  • Slow and Purposeful
  • Master Technopath
  • Independent Character
  • Psyker

WARGEAR
Psivo-arm: The psivo-arm is cybernetically linked to Valkus' technopathic brain, a component form his Servitor conversion. It is a servo-arm that also counts as a Force weapon and psychic hood.

SPECIAL RULES
Master Technopath: Valkus knows all of the Star Shield psychic powers. He can use two powers per turn. In addition, one unit of Servitors within 6" of Valkus may use his Ballistic Skill. If Valkus suffers a Perils of the Warp result, he may allocate the effect to any Servitor model within 6" of him on a roll of a 4+, before saving rolls are taken.

ANCIENT KHARU
Ancient Kharu 5 5 6 12 12 10 3 3 11

200 Points
  • Vehicle (walker)

• 1 Ancient Kharu

• Twin-linked heavy bolter
  • Dreadnought close-combat weapon with built-in mauler grenade launcher
  • Smoke launchers
  • Searchlight
  • Extra armour

• Venerable
  • Hammer Drop
  • Vengeance for Every Drop of Blood

Options:
  • Upgrade Kharu's twin-linked heavy bolter to a lancer: +15 points

SPECIAL RULES
Hammer of Drop: In an army led by Ancient Kharu, Venerable Dreadnoughts, Ironclad Dreadnoughts, Dreadnoughts and Thunderfire Cannons in Drop Pods scatter one dice fewer than normal.

Vengeance for Every Drop of Blood: Kharu has the Preferred Enemy (Eldar) and Preferred Enemy (Dark Eldar) rules. If he is fielded against either force, he has the Rage and Move Through Cover rules.

CAPTAIN URSON KAEL
Urson Kael 5 5 5 4 3 4 3 10 3+

175 Points
  • Infantry

• 1 Urson Kael (unique)

• Power armour
  • Chainsword
  • Heavy bolter
  • Ice and krak grenades
  • Eye of Perdition
  • Iron Halo

• Focused March
  • Slow and Purposeful
  • Devastator Wall
  • Independent Character
  • Orbital Bombardment

WARGEAR
Eye of Perdition: The Eye of Perdition counts as a signum that up to four models in a unit Kael has joined can use.

SPECIAL RULES
Devastator Wall: Urson Kael and any unit he joins can choose to fire their heavy bolters using their standard profile, or the profile shown below. They cannot use both in the same turn.
Profile:

Template

Heavy 1, Pinning

CAPTAIN ROAN DRAKE
Roan Drake 6 4 5 4 3 4 3 10 2+

200 Points
  • Jump Infantry

• 1 Roan Drake (unique)

• Artificer armour
  • Storm bolter
  • Dragonslayer
  • Iron Halo
  • Frag, ice, and krak grenades
  • Jump pack

• Chapter Champion
  • Fleet
  • Independent Character

WARGEAR
Dragonslayer: Dragonslayer is a master-crafted relic blade. It grants Drake +D3 attacks when launching an assault.

SPECIAL RULES
Chapter Champion: Roan may re-roll all failed rolls to hit and to wound against models with the Independent Character rule or non-vehicle units that only contain one model. In addition, whenever he slays either type of model, all Star Shield units within 6" of Drake gain +1 Attack for the rest of that turn (so it's a good idea to determine Drake's hits first).

STAR SHIELDS CAPTAIN
Captain 5 5 5 4 3 4 3 10 3+

100 Points
  • Unit Type

• 1 Captain

• Power armour
  • Chainsword
  • Boltgun or bolt pistol
  • Ice and krak grenades
  • Iron Halo

• Focused March
  • Slow and Purposeful
  • Independent Character

Options:
  • May be granted Orbital Bombardment authorization: +25 pts
  • Replace boltgun or bolt pistol and/or chainsword with:
    • - a storm bolter or war saw: +3 pts
      - a combi-flamer, -mauler, -melta, or -plasma: +10 pts
      - a boltgun with special issue ammunition or a Kodiak boltgun: +15 pts
      - a heavy bolter or multi-melta: +20
      - a stalker-pattern boltgun, storm shield, power weapon, or plasma pistol: +20 pts
      - a relic blade: +25 pts
      - a power fist: +30 pts
      - a thunder hammer: +35 pts

[*]Replace power armour with artificer armour: +15 pts [*]Take frag grenades: +1 pt [*]Take melta bombs: +5 pts [*]Take an auxiliary grenade launcher: +15 pts [*]Replace power armour, boltgun or bolt pistol, chainsword, ice and krak grenades with Terminator armour and storm bolter: +40 pts [*]Replace Terminator armour's storm bolter with:

• - a combi-flamer, -mauler, -melta, or -plasma: +5pts
      - a heavy flamer or Kodiak boltgun: +5 pts
      - a lightning claw: +10 pts
      - a thunderhammer: +25 pts
      - an assault cannon: +30 pts

[*]Replace Terminator armour's power sword with:

• - lightning claw or storm shield: +10 pts
      - power fist: +20 pts
      - thunder hammer or chainfist: +25 pts

HONOUR GUARD
Shield Bearer 4 5 5 4 1 3 2 9 3+
Apothecary 4 4 5 4 1 3 2 9 3+
Honour Guard 4 4 5 4 1 3 2 9 3+

115 Points
  • Infantry

• 5 Honour Guard

• Power armour
  • Chainsword
  • Boltgun or bolt pistol
  • Ice and krak grenades

• Focused March

• Drop Pod
  • Rhino
  • Razorback
  • Any unit of Honour Guard may take a Grizzly.
  • If the unit has Terminator armour, may choose a Land Raider of any variant.

Options:
  • One Honour Guard can carry either:
    • - a Company Standard: +15 pts
      - the Chapter Banner (one per army, see High Guard): +30 pts

[*]One Honour Guard can be upgraded to a Shield Bearer with a storm shield and:

• - power weapon or stalker-pattern boltgun: +20 pts
      - power fist: +25 pts
      - thunder hammer: +30 pts

[*]Any Honour Guard can replace his boltgun or bolt pistol and/or chainsword with:

- a flamer: +5 pts
      - a meltagun, combi-flamer, -mauler, -melta, or -plasma: +10 pts
      - a plasma gun, plasma pistol, power sword or lightning claw: +15 pts
      - a storm shield +20 pts

[*]Two Honour Guard may replace their boltgun or bolt pistol with:

• - a Kodiak boltgun, heavy bolter, multimelta or missile launcher: +15 pts
      - a power fist: +25 pts

[*]Any Honour Guard can have the following:

• - frag grenades: 1 pt
      - melta bombs: +5 pts

[*]An Honour Guard squad taken for Captain Roan Drake or a Force Commander with a jump pack can have jump packs but no heavy weapons: +50 pts [*]An Honour Guard squad taken for a Force Commander with a Space Marine bike can have Space Marine Bikes but no heavy weapons: +90 pts [*]The Honour Guard squad can replace their power armour, chainsword, Ice and krak grenades, and boltgun or bolt pistol with Terminator armour with power weapon and storm bolter: +75 pts [*]One Terminator Honour Guard may be upgraded to a Terminator Shield Bearer with a storm shield and:

• - a thunder hammer or chainfist: +30 pts
      - a lancer: +35 pts

[*]Any Terminator Honour Guard may replace his storm bolter with:

• - a combi-flamer, -mauler, -melta, or -plasma: +5 pts
      - a lightning claw: +15 pts

[*]Any Terminator Honour Guard may replace his power sword with:

• - lightning claw: +10 pts

[*]Two Terminator Honour Guards may replace their storm bolters with:

• - heavy flamer: +5 pts
      - assault cannon: +30 pts
      - cyclone missile launcher: +30 pts

FORCE COMMANDER
Force Commander 5 5 5 4 3 4 3 10 3+

100 Points
  • Infantry

• Force Commander

• Power armour
  • Chainsword
  • Boltgun or bolt pistol
  • Ice and krak grenades
  • Iron Halo

• Focused March
  • Independent Character

Options:
  • Replace boltgun or bolt pistol and/or chainsword with:
      - a boltgun with special issue ammunition or a Kodiak boltgun: +15 pts
      - a heavy bolter or multi-melta: +20
      - a stalker-pattern boltgun, storm shield, power weapon, or plasma pistol: +20 pts
      - a thunder hammer: +30 pts

[*]Replace power armour with artificer armour: +15 pts [*]Take frag grenades: +1 pt [*]Take melta bombs: +5 pts [*]Take an auxiliary grenade launcher: +15 pts [*]Replace power armour, boltgun or bolt pistol, chainsword, ice and krak grenades with Terminator armour and storm bolter: +40 pts
    Replace Terminator armour's storm bolter with:

• - a combi-flamer, -mauler, -melta, or -plasma: +5pts
      - a heavy flamer or Kodiak boltgun: +5 pts
      - a lightning claw: +10 pts
      - a thunderhammer: +25 pts
      - an assault cannon: +30 pts

[*]Replace Terminator armour's power sword with:

• - lightning claw or storm shield: +10 pts
      - thunder hammer or chainfist: +25 pts

[*]If Terminator armour is not chosen, can have one of the following

• - Jump Pack: +25 pts
      - Space Marine Bike: +30 pts

MASTER OF THE FORGE
Master of the Forge 4 5 5 4 2 3 2 10 2+

100 Points
  • Infantry

• 1 Master of the Forge

• Artificer armour
  • Servo-harness
  • Boltgun or bolt pistol
  • Ice and krak grenades

• Focused March
  • Independent Character
  • Bolster Defences
  • Lord of the Armoury

Options:
  • Replace servo-harness and boltgun or bolt pistol with:
    • - a conversion beamer: +20 pts
      - a servo-arm and plasma cannon: +25 pts

[*]Replace boltgun with:

• - a storm bolter: +5 pts
      - a plasma pistol or plasma gun: +15 pts

[*]Take melta bombs: +5 pts [*]Take digital weapons: +10 pts [*]Take either:

• - a war saw: +5 pts
      - a power sword: +15 pts
      - a thunder hammer +30 pts

LIBRARIAN
Librarian 5 4 5 4 2 3 2 10 3+

100 Points
  • Infantry

• 1 Librarian

• Power armour
  • Force weapon
  • Boltgun or bolt pistol
  • Ice and krak grenades
  • Psychic Hood

• Focused March
  • Independent Character
  • Psyker

A Librarian has any two of the following powers:
  • Anchor
  • Attunement
  • Heartseeker
  • Implode
  • Krak Magnet
  • Levitate
  • Sensor Ghost
  • Space Walk

Options:
  • Upgrade to an Epistolary: +50 pts
  • Replace boltgun or bolt pistol with:
    • - a storm bolter: +3 pts
      - a combi-flamer, -mauler, -melta, or -plasma: +15 pts
      - a plasma pistol: +15 pts
      - a Kodiak boltgun: +15

[*]May replace power armour, boltgun or bolt pistol, ice and krak grenades with Terminator armour and:

• - no additional weapon: +25 pts
      - storm bolter: +30 pts
      - combi-flamer, -mauler, -melta, or -plasma: +35 pts
      - storm shield: +40 pts

CHAPLAIN
Chaplain 5 4 5 4 2 3 2 10 3+

100 Points
  • Infantry

• 1 Chaplain

• Power armour
  • Boltgun or bolt pistol
  • Ice and krak grenades
  • Crozius Arcanum
  • Rosarius
  • Narthecium

• Focused March
  • Independent Character
  • Honour of the Chapter
  • Liturgies of Denial

Options:
      - a storm shield: +5 pts
      - a combi-flamer, -mauler, -melta, or -plasma: +15 pts
      - a Kodiak boltgun or stalker-pattern boltgun: +15 pts

[*]Take frag grenades: +1 pt [*]Take melta bombs: +5 pts [*]May exchange power armour, boltgun or bolt pistol, ice and krak grenades for Terminator armour and:

• - storm bolter: +30 pts
      - a combi-flamer, -mauler, -melta, or -plasma: +35 pts
      - a storm shield: +35 pts

[*]May replace Terminator armour Crozius Arcanum with Crozius Grandis for +20 points [*]If Terminator armour is not chosen, may have one of the following:

• - Jump Pack: +15
      - Space Marine Bike: +35

WARGEAR
Crozius Grandis: The crozius grandis is a heavier, more potent version of the crozius arcanum. It is a thunder hammer.

SPECIAL RULES
Liturgies of Denial: In the first round of an assault, all successful rolls to wound a Chaplain and any unit he has joined must be re-rolled.

CAPEN BERDAM
Capen Berdam 4 4 5 4(6) 5 4 2 8 3+

175 Points
  • Monstrous Creature (unique)

• 1 Capen Berdam

• Power armour
  • Spear of the Hunt
  • Frag, ice and krak grenades
  • Stonehide

• Brother Bear
  • Fog of War

WARGEAR
Spear of the Hunt: This is a Relic blade with a Kodiak boltgun incorporated into the shaft.

Stonehide: Stonehide is a ghost bear, a species that many on Ursalis only know of in legend. Together, Capen and Stonehide count as a Monstrous Creature, with +2 Toughness (included in Capen's profile) and D3 additional attacks in close combat that act as chainfists (use Capen's Strength characteristic).

SPECIAL RULES
Brother Bear: Capen is Fearless and has the ability to outflank. He and Stonehide count as a unit of one, and cannot join or be joined by other units. If Capen is slain in close combat, Stonehide immediately counter-attacks, making D3+1 attacks to the offending unit (Strength 10, ignores armour saves). Stonehide then drags Capen to safety - treat them as a casualty.

Fog of War: Stonehide emits a constant cloud of thick psychic fog, so that few have actually seen the ghost bear, even when they are standing next to it. Capen has a 5+ cover save that counts as an Invulnerable save in close combat.

0-1 HIGH GUARD
High Guard 4 4 5 4 2 3 2 9 2+

225 Points
  • Infantry

• 5 High Guard

• Terminator armour
  • Wrist-mounted Kodiak boltgun
  • Relic blade
  • Star shield
  • Focus Locator

• Focused March
  • Protect the Relic

• A unit of High Guard may take a Land Raider of any variant as a Dedicated Transport.

Options:
  • Add up to 7 additional High Guard: +45 pts/model
  • One High Guard can carry the Chapter Banner (only one per army, see Honour Guard): +30 pts
  • For every five models in the squad, one High Guard may replace their Kodiak boltgun and power weapon with one of the following:
    • - a heavy flamer: +5 pts/model
      - an assault cannon: +20 pts/model
      - a lancer: +30 pts/model

[*]The unit may take meltabombs: +5 pts/model

WARGEAR
Focus Locator: Before Movement, declare that you are using the Focus Locator. The High Guard cannot move or assault on the turn they are using a Focus Locator, but they can shoot normally. While deployed, friendly units that Deep Strike within 12" of the Focus Locator do not scatter, and units that deploy near an active Focus Locator add +1 to their dice rolls when determining when they arrive. The High Guard can deactivate the Focus Locator at the start of any turn after activating it, but they cannot activate it on the turn they themselves arrive on the field.

Star Shield: A star shield acts as a storm shield. In addition, enemy units that charge a model holding a star shield lose any attack bonuses granted to them by their charge.

SPECIAL RULES
Protect the Relic: If the High Guard is reduced to one model, immediately remove him from play: he teleports back to the Chapter's orbiting vessel, taking the irreplacable Focus Locator with him.

TERMINATOR VETERANS
Terminator Veteran Sergeant 4 4 5 4 1 3 2 9 2+
Terminator Veteran 4 4 5 4 1 3 2 10 2+

200 Points
  • Infantry

• 1 Terminator Veteran Sergeant
  • 4 Terminator Veteran

• Terminator armour
  • Storm bolter
  • Power weapon

• Focused March
  • Combat Squads

• The squad can select a Land Raider of any type as a dedicated transport.

Options:
  • May include up to five additional Terminator Veterans: 40 pts/model
  • Replace Terminator Veteran’s storm bolter with:
    • - a combi-flamer, -mauler, -melta, or –plasma: +5 pts/model
      - a lightning claw: +15 pts/model
      - a storm shield: +15 pts/model

[*]Replace Terminator Veteran’s power weapon with a lightning claw: +10 pts/model [*]The Terminator Veteran Sergeant may replace his storm bolter with:

• - a lightning claw: free
      - a combi-flamer, -mauler, -melta or –plasma: +5 pts
      - a storm shield: +15 pts

[*]The Terminator Veteran Sergeant may replace his power fist with:

• - a lightning claw: free
      - a thunder hammer or chainfist: +15 pts

[*]The squad may take melta bombs: +5 pts/model [*]For every five models in the squad, one Terminator Veteran may choose one of the following options:

• - replace his storm bolter with a heavy flamer: +5 pts
      - replace his storm bolter with a Kodiak boltgun: +10 pts
      - replace his storm bolter with an assault cannon: +30 pts
      - take a cyclone missile launcher: +30 pts

VETERAN SQUAD
Veteran Sergeant 4 4 5 4 1 3 2 9 3+
Veteran 4 4 5 4 1 3 2 10 3+

125 Points
  • Infantry

• 1 Veteran Sergeant
  • 4 Veterans

• Power armour
  • Chainsword
  • Boltgun
  • Special-issue ammunition
  • Ice and krak grenades

• Focused March
  • Combat Squads

• Drop Pod
  • Rhino
  • Razorback
  • One Veteran squad can select a Grizzly of any type as a Dedicated Transport.

Options:
  • May include up to five additional Veterans: +25 pts/model
  • The Veteran Sergeant may replace his chainsword and/or his boltgun with:
    • - a bolt pistol or war saw: free
      - a power weapon or lightning claw: +15 pts
      - a storm shield: +30 pts

[*]The Veteran Sergeant may take melta bombs: +5 pts [*]Any model may replace his boltgun with:

• - a storm bolter, combi-flamer, -mauler, -melta, or –plasma: +5 pts

[*]Two Veterans may replace their boltguns with:

• - a flamer, meltagun, heavy bolter, a multi-melta or a missile launcher: +5 pts
      - a Kodiak boltgun, plasma cannon or heavy flamer: +10 pts
      - a stalker-pattern boltgun or lascannon: +15 pts

[*]Two Veterans may replace their chainswords with:

- a power weapon: +15 pts

[*]The squad may take frag grenades: +1 pt/model [*]If Roan Drake or a Force Commander with a Jump Pack or Space Marine bike are taken, one Veteran squad may replace their special-issue ammunition with jump packs for free, but they cannot take any heavy weapons.

TECHMARINE
Techmarine 4 4 5 4 1 3 2 8 2+

50 Points
  • Infantry

• 1 Techmarine

• Artificer armour
  • Servo-arm
  • Boltgun or bolt pistol
  • Ice and krak grenades

• Focused March
  • Independent Character
  • Bolster Defences

Options:
  • Upgrade servo-arm to a servo-harness: +25 pts
      - a combi-flamer, -mauler, -melta or –plasma: +10 pts
      - a plasma gun or plasma pistol: +15 pts

[*]If a servo-harness is not taken, may replace boltgun or bolt pistol with a plasma cannon: +25 pts [*]Take either:

• - a power weapon: +15 pts
      - a thunder hammer: +30 pts

[*]If a plasma cannon is not taken, may have a Space Marine bike: +35 pts

SERVITORS

VENERABLE DREADNOUGHT

IRONCLAD DREADNOUGHT

TROOP

DEVASTATOR SQUADS
  • Star Shields Devastators replace their bolt pistols with chainswords.
  • Star Shields Devastators replace their frag grenades with ice grenades.

• Focused March
  • Combat Squads

Additional Options:
  • Up to four Space Marines may replace their boltguns with one of the following:
    • - a Kodiak boltgun: +15 pts

[*]The Space Marine Sergeant may replace his boltgun and/or chainsword with:

- a combi-mauler: +10 pts
      - a heavy bolter, Kodiak boltgun or multi-melta: +15 pts
      - a stalker-pattern boltgun: +20 pts

[*]The Space Marine Sergeant may take frag grenades: +1 pt [*]One unit of Devastators can upgrade their Sergeant to Sergeant Relius for +75 pts

SERGEANT RELIUS
Sergeant 4 5 4 4 2 4 2 10 3+

75 Points
  • Infantry

• 1 Sergeant Relius (unique)

• Power armour
  • Chainsword
  • Heavy bolter
  • Ice and krak grenades
  • Signum

• Focused March
  • Wardrums

• A unit of Devastators led by Sergeant Relius may take a Grizzly as a Dedicated Transport.

SPECIAL RULES
Wardrums: Relius and his squad may fire their heavy weapons when disembarking from a vehicle or when arriving from deep strike as though they had not moved. All other restrictions apply.

TACTICAL MARINE SQUAD
  • Star Shields Tactical Marines replace their bolt pistols with chainswords.
  • Star Shields Tactical Marines replace their frag grenades with ice grenades.

• Focused March
  • Combat Squads

Additional Options:
  • One Space Marine may replace his boltgun with one of the following:
    • - a heavy bolter, Kodiak boltgun, multi-melta or missile launcher: +10 pts
      - a plasma cannon: +15 pts
      - a lascannon: +20 pts

[*]If the squad numbers ten models, one additional Space Marine may replace his boltgun with one of the following:

• - a heavy bolter, Kodiak boltgun, multi-melta or a missile launcher: free
      - a plasma cannon: +5 pts
      - a lascannon: +10 pts

[*]The Space Marine Sergeant may replace his boltgun and/or chainsword with:

[*]The squad may take frag grenades: +1 pt/model

SCOUT SQUAD
  • Star Shields Scouts replace their frag grenades with ice grenades.

• Focused March
  • Combat Squads
  • Infiltrate
  • Move Through Cover
  • Scouts

Additional Options:
  • One Scout may replace his boltgun with:
    • - a Kodiak bolter: +10 pts

[*]The Scout Sergeant may replace his boltgun and/or bolt pistol with:

• - a combi-mauler: +10 pts

[*]The entire squad may take frag grenades: +1 pt per model

0-3 Fast Attack

An army that does not include Captain Roan Drake or a Force Commander with a jump pack or bike is limited to 3 Fast Attack choices.

ASSAULT SQUAD
  • Star Shields Assault Marines replace their frag grenades with ice grenades.

• Focused March
  • Combat Squads

Additional Options:
  • The Space Marine Sergeant may replace his bolt pistol and/or chainsword with:
      - a mauler grenade launcher: +15 pts

[*]The squad may take frag grenades: +1 pt/model [*]The squad may take combat shields: +5 pts/model [*]One Assault Squad can upgrade its Space Marine Sergeant to Sergeant Redsky: +75 pts

SERGEANT REDSKY
Sergeant Redsky 4 4 4 4 2 4 2 10 3+

75 Points
  • Infantry

• 1 Sergeant Redsky (unique)

• Power armour
  • Bolt pistol
  • Chainfist
  • Meltabombs

• Focused March
  • Stormcrows

Options:
  • If the unit has jump packs, Sergeant Redsky can have a jump pack for free.

SPECIAL RULES
Stormcrows: Redsky and his unit have the Tank Hunters rule.

LAND SPEEDER SQUADRON

SPACE MARINE BIKE SQUAD

Additional Options:
  • The Biker Sergeant may replace his bolt pistol with:
    • - a combi-mauler: +10 pts

[*]One Bike Squad can upgrade its Space Marine Sergeant to Sergeant Gorim: +100 pts

SERGEANT GORIM
Sergeant Gorim 4 4 5 4(5) 2 3 2 9 3+

100 Points
  • Bike

• 1 Sergeant Gorim (unique)

• Power armour
  • Bonerender
  • Space Marine bike

• Focused March
  • Bearhounds

WARGEAR
Bonerender: Bonerender was claimed from an Ork Warboss after Gorim ran the greenskin down with is bike. It is a war saw with the Rending rule.

SPECIAL RULES
Bearhounds: Despite his anti-authoritarian attitude, Gorim is fiercely loyal to the Star Shields and fights all the harder to protect his battle-brothers.
Whenever Gorim’s unit assaults an enemy unit already engaged in melee, they may add D6” to their assault range. He and his squad have the Furious Charge and Preferred Enemy rules for the first round of combat.

ATTACK BIKE SQUAD

LAND SPEEDER STORM

LAND SPEEDER SQUADRON

SCOUT BIKE SQUAD
  • Focused March
  • Combat Squads
  • Infiltrate
  • Scouts

Additional Options:
  • The Scout Biker Sergeant may replace his bolt pistol with:
  • The squad may take frag grenades: +1 pt per model

HEAVY SUPPORT

DREADNOUGHT

THUNDERFIRE CANNON

LAND RAIDER

LAND RAIDER CRUSADER

LAND RAIDER REDEEMER

GRIZZLY
5 12 12 10

55 Points
  • Vehicle (Tank)

• 1 Grizzly

• Two sponson-mounted heavy bolters
  • Bastion dozer blade
  • Smoke launchers
  • Searchlight

• 6 (a Grizzly with Rampart side-saddles can carry 8 models)

• 1 (Rear)

Options:
  • Replace sponson-mounted heavy bolters with:
    • - sponson-mounted frostthrowers: +10 pts
      - Rampart side-saddles: +25 pts
      - sponson-mounted lancers: +45 pts

[*]May take any of the following:

• - two storm bolters: +10 pts each
      - a hunter-killer missile: +10 pts
      - extra armour: +15 pts

WARGEAR
Frostthrowers:

Profile:
Template 5 4 Heavy 1, Chilling

Rampart side-saddle: This unique firing platform features a mechanized harnesss that stabilizes heavy weapons. Tied into a Grizzly’s targeting systems, this allows a Space Marine passenger to fire his weapons from a port on the side of the Grizzly as though that weapon were mounted on a sponson and part of the Grizzly's Wargear (thus it uses a vehicle’s rules for shooting, instead of a passenger’s rules for shooting from a vehicle). Shots fired from a Rampart use the Tank’s Ballistic Skill.

Bastion dozer blade: The Bastion is a unique heavy dozer blade that allows the Grizzly to re-roll Difficult and Dangerous Terrain tests.

PREDATOR

WHIRLWIND

VINDICATOR

DEDICATED TRANSPORTS

RHINO

RAZORBACK

DROP POD

Archived