alejandrinus Blood Angels

alejandrinus

"Who's got a big boom-tube?

Thiiisss guuyyy."

LOL

And thanks Havokas for the words, i'll try to post often. Im currently distracted from my building schedule (i.e. VV and Honour Guard) and i started with the Assault Terminator and im yet to decide if i go with heresy era shoulder pads or keep the army heresy or nearly postheresy era with the actual rounded shoulderpads , dunno if they get the new armour from Mars in the travel to terra or they wear only the cathapracti (sp?) armour.

What do you think guys?

Yeah its official... Preheresy army, after much debating i push my arse (oh...and poor wallet!) and after seen the cover of the incoming novel of the Horus Heresy book For Fear to Tread i really want to make my army based after the events of Signus Prime (problems here how to paint the Death Company... inversed colors red with black stripes and black helmet?? but that is another question). But I really want to show here is the start of my assault terminator squad, they are very Wip so far but its a start for two evening of modeling (bearing in mind that my hobby evening in working week its aprox 40 mins a day... ;) ).

Well less talk:

gallery_45127_6429_8524.jpg

At first i was feard to ruin the beautiful details that come in the SH minis but its worth at the end, I hope... :lol:

Correct me if im wrong (im not a son of sanguinius) but im pretty sure there was no PH death Coy as it was sanguinius' death that triggered the rage and the curse

I believe you are right. The events of Fear to Tread trigger the Red Thirst. Only after Sanguinius's death did the Black Rage come about.

You are right BoldType and Rafen_2, there were no PH death co but my rambling is how to represent the death co as a group of assault marines with the Red thirst to include in my list, dont know if to paint them as regular assault blood angels with black stripes or something, ive to think about that... any suggestion?

I made some advance in the first termi, the arms are blutacked and overall need a bit more of GS work and a bit of cleaning:

gallery_45127_6429_279299.jpg

Well that's it for today, see you soon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, well I decided to start painting, aside from my fear of using an airbrush to paint miniatures, which have used it to paint a scenario, but this seemed very different at first. Its hard at first to make contact with the air and the amount of paint, ive got a very cheap airbrush and compressor, but for now work for me. I used the black and white primer for airbrush from the Vallejo range.

I was quite surprised with the smooth and uniform thin basecoat , and the possiblity to prime in interior, reaching every corner of the mini has been fantastic, better than I expected at first.

It has a little work to separate the work, put nearly 36 heads on cocktail sticks, meltaguns, etc and look at my desk to put everything. For now ive primed all ive already built, 10 DC, 5 Snipers, 20 RAS and a sanguinary priest.

This are the colors im using.

gallery_45127_6429_187270.jpg

This are with two fine layer of VMA 71084 Fire Red

gallery_45127_6429_241210.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_176662.jpg

Actually I'm pretty satisfied with the color, after that im planning to do zenithal highlights with VMA 71003 Scarlet Red and the brush time :fakenopic:

In the modelling side i did a step back of my idea of a preheresy temis, and after scratching the head of the termi (... really painfull I swear), made this:

gallery_45127_6429_260104.jpg

Well bye for now and whish me luck :D, if someone coul tell me a good trick to thin GW colours, ive read somewhere that 20% Isopropyl alcohol and 80% distilled water to make a medium but if someone can confirm ? Thanx in advance.

You are right BoldType and Rafen_2, there were no PH death co but my rambling is how to represent the death co as a group of assault marines with the Red thirst to include in my list, don't know if to paint them as regular assault blood angels with black stripes or something, ive to think about that... any suggestion?

Sorry if this is too late but I think there are two ways you can go about this.

1) Have them posed very violently (i.e. assault marine holding part of an enemy limb or something of that sort).

2) Paint them covered with blood and other such fluids.

That would be pretty fluffy I guess since they wouldn't go mark a brother's armor (correct me if I'm wrong) when they experience the thirst. As I suggested its all in the pose and the actions.

Well todays hobby time has been productive, after aprox 1 1/2 hour all 21 minis has their base coat of VMA Fire Red, this time with the 15 minis left from the previous session i have been slow with the airbrush and with 3 smooth layers instead of two I go faster and achieved a good effect.

Well here they are:

gallery_45127_6429_113755.jpg

Ive never thought how fast i could go with the airbrush :) maybe this time Ill finish one army ....

And this is how i racked the heads and special weapons:

gallery_45127_6429_291213.jpg

Well thats all for today, tomorrow if RL let me i would do the next stage with the VMA Scarlet Red.

Hope you like it.

And Rafen_2, yes its been late but thanks for the advice, but i really want to include Furiosos and Dc Dreads, but ill try to do some nearly preheresy stuff with DoA side of the army.

Well thanks for reading, now Sofa/Wife/TV/dinner time :)

Very nice man .. I'm really liking the Termies.. the shoulder pad combo looks good... (I've thought about chopping up my SH Termies but I don't know if I can get myself too haha) Looking forward to seeing them all painted up :D

Hi folks, right now Ive finish the third session with the airbrush and i finish the basing process of my bloodys, the second layer of red with VMA 7103 Scarlet red, i ve to say that is a beautiful tone of red, more vivid than blood red IMHO, and im really happy with the end product, the next stage for the armour i planned to do the shadows in all the recesses with a mix of 1/1 dark flesh and badab black or maybe 1/1 dark flesh and devlan mud (ive to try first). And for the yellow i finish too the basecoat, ive started with VMA 71033 Ocre (it seems like Tausept ocre but a bit lighter) y three smooth coat, the ive use sunburst yellow thinned with 80% distilled water and 20% isopropyl alcohol, been the first time thinning GW paints with the airbrush it gone well.

Well ltes talk onto the piccies:

gallery_45127_6429_320261.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_272862.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_249540.jpg

My plan is before starting the armour im gonna paint the bases first, in gonna do this as with my orks Tausept/gryphone sepia wash 2 times for the sand and for the stones khemri brown and devland mud with greys higlingts, and bestial browm for the rim, that way I avoid any mistake done in the armour.

Well hope you enjoy it, back with more update soon :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, i managed to put some time painting, this is the first test mini and is PIP at the moment, but after more than a year without picking a brush ive lost lot of practice but im getting there. Im not to happy with the lenses, and the freehand symbols took me a bit, but overall im happy with the mini.

There are some details left, ive to highlight the black areas and paint the blood drop, but anyway I hope you like how is going.

gallery_45127_6429_73652.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi there, it's been a while I didn't update the thread but i didnt have much time to paint lately, but this week I could spend some time painting and I could finish the second blood angel. The remaining of two assault squads are partially painted, all the base colors are placed, ie, all those purity seals and cords in warlock purple, blood droop squad marking in Dheneb stone, litanies and cloths in Khemri brown, and most of the parts in black / gold and black chaos blocked with scorched brown. Nearly five have been shadowed with a recipe Im very happy with, Chaos black/Dark Flesh/Blood Red/Vallejo matte medium 2:1:1:3 and all the 16 yellow helmets has been shadowed with Ogryn flesh/Vallejo matte medium, ive found the vallejo matte medium to be really helpful for flow the paint very well in the recesses.

Well less talk onto the pics:

gallery_45127_6429_103542.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_158277.jpg

Thanks for reading.

The second one looks fantastic, even better than the first one mostly because I think you did a better job one the eyes. Did you have a particular company in mind, when you painted the drop blueish ? I know that black is the 5th and green is the 4th, right ?

im glad to see an update again ? I hope you will finish some more soon ^_^

Thanks batu and SnorriSnorrison,those words keeps me motivated.

And answering to batu: the company I have in mind is the third company (White drop), but the bluish drop was sort of experimenting with gem reflection, and I leave it that way( maybe is some kind of honour marking...).

Todays update: Ive managed to finish the meltagun from the last marine, and finishing a new member for my army. I have tested a few new things that I havent done before, ie the reflection in the blood vial, and i think OSL in the eyes is better in this one.

And as a sidenote the mkIV armour on chest and knees are a conversion, you could check it in the previous page. Hope you like it :

gallery_45127_6429_9399.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_86956.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_131346.jpg

More updates as soon as I can, thanks for reading.

• 3 months later...

Hi there, Its been ages I didnt update due to RL issues that keep me away from the brushes, but some weeks ago I back on track and managed to finish some minis, my BA snipers squad its done, except for some touches on the bases and adding grass, im not to happy with the camo cloaks but I decided to go on and dont look back. Pics:

gallery_45127_6429_195481.jpggallery_45127_6429_36412.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_155399.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_147790.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_172830.jpg

In the meantime I started to assemble one stormraven and a razorback, and finished another Assault marine:

gallery_45127_6429_97014.jpg

And currently I begin to batch paint, mainly the red armour, and this where I am at the moment:

gallery_45127_6429_66415.jpg

Hope you like them, and I hope to update more often... Thanks for looking.

When I first looked at this thread I thought 'Oh ok some nice conversion work but nothing too exciting' - well I was wrong this is quite simply a great looking army, lots of nice conversion work, and topped off with some very, very good painting. I love the turquoise used as a spot colour on the scout power cables and gems, then on the bases as verdigris to tie everything together so well.

alejandrinus ;) thank you for posting your work here

Great stuff as always here! The cloaks on the scouts look really good, just as the scouts themselves! Please, keep painting, it looks very good :tu:

On another note: do you already vowed your Stormraven and Razorback for the Dark Angels Painting challenge? We could need some vows here and there ;)

Snorri

Archived