alejandrinus Blood Angels

alejandrinus

Thanks for all the kinds word, it means a lot , I just vowed for the +++E Tenebrae Lux +++ to support my beloved Blood Angels, and all the updates will be here.

I alejandrinus answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Stormraven with Typhoon ML and Lascannons, and Hurricane Bolters, 2 Baal Predators with Assault cannons and Heavy bolters sponsons and 1 Razorback with Lascannon and TLPG from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 635 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood Angels Chapter and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end.

This means that Ive to put aside a bit the painting on my infantry and put effort to assemble and magnetizing 2 baals predators (ouch...).

Update as soon as I can

Edited pics of E Tenebrae Lux vow

The start of my vow, :lol: :

gallery_45127_6429_346310.jpg

Ugh.... Ya know I think I'm all set on my Lamenters then I follow your link and see how fantastic your regular Blood Angels look and I think to myself "Hmmm maybe I could do regular Blood Angels too". LOL

Awesome job.

I'll be watching for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

After two weeks of modelling in short times every evening after work and before the lady's got home, fighting with the magnetization and cutting/filling work I'm in the prior stage of airbrushing.

Pic in the first stage of racking the different pieces of the baals and razorback:

gallery_45127_6429_280989.jpg

This is the way I magnetized the Baal Predator:

gallery_45127_6429_252221.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_162915.jpg

Then Ive worked in the stormraven, and Ive to say that i love that model as it is, no extended version for me :P

gallery_45127_6429_13086.jpg

And here I shared a couple of pics, I tried to be self explicative with the pics, I've used steel core from the lid of a can of corn :D

gallery_45127_6429_111282.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_166140.jpg

And Mr Malevolent thanks for the kind words, your doing a fantastic job with the Lamenters, this sentence "Maybe a could do....." after viewing the fantastic armies shown here happens more often than one want :)

Yes, hard work, especially because I have not used any dremmel tool, also these were my first steps with magnetization and learned something along the way from my mistakes. Also I do not advise anyone to do a conversion of TLPlasmagun with the heavy bolter sponson of the razorback It has a different height than the Laser, and was a real pain to put together and align with the Laser sponson.

At last all primed black, I primed with vallejo acrylic-polyurethane Black, its give a really nice and smooth coverage and for a 1,95 € the bottle its really last long, I think i filled the cup of the airbrush only 6 o 7 times to give a pair of layer in all the pieces and to a final review of the little pieces, i recomend it even for basecoat by brush.

gallery_45127_6429_238326.jpg

After this Im gonna paint various large areas as the raven engines and the two cockpits, the tracks and rear doors from the baals and the razorback in Vallejo model air Gun metal , then mask this areas and start with the red.

Thanks for reading, i'll keep you updated.

++... and then they were red++

gallery_45127_6429_181749.jpg

Hi there, new update, finally yesterday I airbrushed the first stage of red, I tried to do a bit of color modulation and I think it came out pretty good.

I've used VMA Fire Red as a first tone, then as in my infantry I'm gonna use VMA Scarlet Red, I think the colour modulation will be more apparent then.

Now onto pics:

gallery_45127_6429_179608.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_54075.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_158905.jpg

Hope you like it.

@Dorns_Fist: Thanks, the recipe for the cloaks was, basecoat Khemri Brown, Shadows Charandon Granite+Khemri brown with the consistence of a glaze, then layering Khemri Brown with Commando kakhi up to Comando kakhi final highlights with Commando kakhi and VMC Ivory or Dheneb stone (dont remember wich one)

• 5 weeks later...

++ One month later...

Hi there, after my vacations has gone, and returning to the busy real life issues and business, its time for an update and to show you where I am at the moment with my E Tenebrae Lux vow, finished stuff:

gallery_45127_6429_67486.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_74299.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_94595.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_80974.jpg

Partially finished:

gallery_45127_6429_18974.jpg

All the remaining parts are in the same state as my last post, and now theres only 15 days to the deadline, so I made a schedule cause now that I've returned to my work Ive less time for painting but I think I could do it:

1/08/2012 Wednesday:

Clean dust from minis to paint ( Note to myself: if you go out for a week away from your home dont let the windows open in your painting workbench :D )

Airbrush Highlights with VMA Scarlet Red remainder parts of Baal and razorback not done before, mainly baals sponsons even if I have time i can do some work on the stormraven

Shading red areas: Predators turrets and sponson, Razorback turret

2/08/2012 Thursday Baal 1 Highlights / Scratches

3/08/2012 Friday Baal 2 Highlights / Scratches

4/08/2012 Saturday Airbrush; StormRaven Zenital Highlightning(?) Weapons details

5/08/2012 Sunday Stormraven metal areas 1(?) /Shadows: Stormraven (?)

6/08/2012 Monday Stormraven Metals areas 2(?)/ Details

7/08/2012 Tuesday StormRaven Highlights 1st part

8/08/2012 WednesdayStormRaven Highlights 2nd part

9/08/2012 Thursday Stormraven Detailing Cabin (?)

10/08/2012 Friday Modeling: StormRaven base (?)

11/08/2012 Saturday Modeling: StormRaven base(?) / Priming/ Painting (?)

12/08/2012 Sunday -----

13/08/2012 Monday -----

14/08/2012 Tuesday -----

15/08/2012 Wednesday---- VOW COMPLETE?? ---

Wish me luck and thanks for reading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After all the stressed final days of the ETL comp i decided to take a rest from painting for a week or so, the lady requiered a bit of time from me... ;), after that I really feel the need to hang again with the brushes and redo a new base for the stormraven in more relaxing way. I tried to do some texture fx with the paints doing dots with almost undiluted paint/ nearly dry paint in the scuplture parts, and trying new things with washes/glazing, sponging (sp??) paint etc.

gallery_45127_6429_213642.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_256141.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_55864.jpg

Also this week I started a new project: The Sanguinor, and this is where I'm at this moment. I managed to finish the long scrolls a nd the wings, I pretend to learn with this model to improve my painting with true metallics and try reflection fs in the sword so its like a challenge for myself.

gallery_45127_6429_57242.jpg

Well thats it, thanks for reading.

Congratulation on fulfilling your task so bravely brother !!

I find your method to paint lenses very interesting, I have to try that myself. The base looks very cool too. Great job on weathering that barrel.

Overall fantastic stuff as always. Im looking forward to see The Sanguinor !

cheers

Fantastic work! This topic fuels my own inspiration, better yet, I want it like this XD.

What is your tournament army list?

I would also like to know if you think the same result is possible with normal paints.

Many thanks in advance,

Keep it up!

Thanks for the kind words batu, yeah those two last days were a little stressing but in the end I was very happy for the final result, also if i didnt take that challenge I doubt i have painted that fast :confused:, the lenses method was a kind of experiment but after nearly 30 lenses to paint I get the technic, Its a kind of diagonal gradient accentuating the reflection with that last diagonal highlight stroke, and Im glad you liked the weathering the barrel also its fun to paint rusted a corroded metal.

Also Killax its good to serve as inspiration for other as for me from others B&C's people, thanks. And for the tournament list, I dont play that much Im more on the painting side but whats next in the line, in no order defined, are a vindicator with FW deimos rhino upgrade, 3 attack bike with MM and devastator squad with 4 ML from FW and a jumppack honour guard with plasmaguns, those are playable as a list I think. Also I think with normal paints you could achieve the same result in infantry im not too sure with vehicles, dont know maybe with army painter spray cans for various tones of red and then shading, but if you can afford a cheap 'airbrush kit for begginers' i recommend to pick one.

Bye for now and thanks for reading.

Wow, your Blood Angels are top-notch :) Really crisp painting with not-over-the-top OSL and some nice little details everywhere. I really like the Storm Raven's base and the Storm Raven itself looks stellar, even though I don't like the model.

What's up next, appart from the Sanguinor?

Ludovic

Thanks for your fast responce, I guess I'll try to find a afforable airbrush then :tu:.

It's interesting to see that the armies who are so amazing often are the hobby armies instead of the tournament armies.

A combination of both offcourse is every players dream ;).

Will keep a close eye on this.

Cheers,

Thanks for the kind words Ludovic, after the sanguinor I think I want to paint some assault marines, there are 16 of them staring at me in the desk, and in the building side im waiting for 3 attack bikes that i want to paint/build together with a vindicator and 20 FW mkV jumpacks, I prefer a large batch when I take the airbrush.

Well todays update, in the two sesions of paint since my last post I have advanced with the saguinor, i tried a few things that havent done before painting with true metalics:

gallery_45127_6429_5225.jpg

gallery_45127_6429_158580.jpg

Hope you like it.

It's interesting to see that the armies who are so amazing often are the hobby armies instead of the tournament armies.

A combination of both offcourse is every players dream ;).

I know what you mean... :P but i pretend to do some friendly games in I hope a near future.

Well thats all for today, update as soon as I can.

I have to admit: Your style strikes a note with me. We paint very similar but I see some small details that you do that I think I'll steal...such as your vehicle lenses.

That said, your work here has given me some inspiration, you see I bought a 5,000pt BA army off one of our gamers where I live, and the thing has been sitting in my closet for a while, just hangin out in foam and unopened boxes...I belive I might have to start working on them.

Anyhow for your battle damage on these, what's your method? (If I may ask)

Thanks for the words GKTerminator, and for your question what i do is using the middle tone of highlight, in my case Ive to say that Im in love with the new GW paint Wild Rider Red wich replace so well my intermediate mix of blood red+blazin orange, I paint small scratches with Wild rider red, sometimes a bit diluted to paint a even tone and sometimes at full opacity (dont know how to describe it better) and then a fill the inside area with scorched brown, and in certain spots i mix a bit of vomitbrown or a simple dot of lighter colour such as white or ivory and accentuate the underside of the scrath. Hope that helps :).

Well fast update, i've worked a bit more in the sanguinor mainly the armour and the sword and blocked the white areas in grey, i have to say that for the pose of the mini is a real pain to paint the back part of it cause i dindt managed to pick an easy position where i could put well my elbows in the table to try to get a better strokes for the brush. Pics:

gallery_45127_6429_254805.jpg

Hope you like it .

Archived